Treat your eyes to the breathtaking scenery of snow-capped mountains emerging from clouds at Snow View Point Nainital. Watch the rays of sunlight falling on lofty peaks making it a beautiful sight to behold. Located at an altitude of 2,270 m, Snow View Point Nainital offers exceptional views of the popular Nanda Devi Peak, Nanda Kot Peak, and the Trishul Peak. Also, from the top, you can witness the Nainital city and Naini Lake.
As the distance from Nainital to Snow View Point is 2 km, it serves as the perfect getaway from Nainital. And the snow valleys and the mighty mountains of the Great Himalayas makes Snow View Point one of the major attractions in Nainital. This place attracts all kinds of travelers - be it families, couples, nature lovers, senior citizens, kids, etc.
Reaching the Snow View Point by ropeway is one of the best experiences you can have in Nainital. As you ascend, you can see the picturesque views of the mountains and soak in the charm of Nainital.
Take binoculars with you to have a closer look at the majestic peaks. You can also see a small temple covered by a snowy blanket that houses images of gods including Goddess Durga, Lord Hanuman, Lord Rama, Goddess Sita, Lord Lakshman, and Lord Durga.
Next time you are in Nainital, plan a trip to Snow View Point and have a look at the beautiful scenery that will leave an imprint on your mind.
Scroll on to find out A well-guided trip to the Snow View Point in Nainital
Best time to visit Snow View Point Nainital
The views from Snow View Point can be best enjoyed during summers. However, the best time to visit Snow View Point Nainital is mid-March when the weather is pleasant and the skies are clear. The temperature ranges from 10°C to 27°C, creating the perfect atmosphere to enjoy your visit to this view point.
Location of Snow View Point:
7, Maldon Cottage Road, Mallital, Nainital, Uttarakhand
Entry Fees and Timings: Snow View Point
Snow View Point Nainital timings
10.30 to 5.00 pm, Monday to Friday, and Sunday (Saturday Closed)
Snow View Point Nainital entry fees
Snow View Point Nainital ropeway ticket price
Adults - INR 300, Children - INR 200, Binocular - INR 20
How to Reach Snow View Point Nainital
- By Ropeway: Taking the Nainital ropeway is the best way to reach Snow View Point. It picks you up from in front of the Naini Lake and charges INR 300 for adults and INR 200 for children. The big glasses allow you to enjoy the breathtaking scenery and soak in the natural beauty. After getting off, you need to walk a little to reach the location.
- By Cab: Cabs/taxis to Snow View Point are available from Malital. If you are with kids or senior citizens, this is the preferred way to reach Snow View Point. Book your tours to Snow View Point in Nainital with Indian Holiday for a smooth experience.
Things to do around Snow View Point Nainital
Once you have enjoyed your time at the Snow View Point Nainital, head to places around it for some extra fun. Here are some of the popular activities near Snow View Point that you can enjoy for a delightful experience:
- Snow View Point has many shooting stalls where kids and adults can try their hands-on shooting.
- Kids can enjoy rides and games to win gifts.
- Visit the Tibetan Monastery called Gadhan Kunkyop Ling Gompa of the Gelugpa.
- Click beautiful pictures of the surroundings and selfies with your loved ones.
- Shop at Ghotiya Market near the Snow View Point.
- Savor delicious meals at nearby restaurants like Machan Restaurant and Udupiwala Restaurant.