Known to be the one of the most revered religious treks of Hinduism, Char Dham Yatra Uttarakhand includes treks to 4 religious sites of Hinduism- Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath. Have darshan at these destinations that are placed on high altitude, amidst snow-capped Himalayan Mountains.
Chardham Yatra by helicopter in 4 nights and 5 days offers you a chance to pay homage to your lords and enjoy some refreshing moments, nestle in the lap of nature. While Yamunotri is the seat of river Goddess Yamuna, Gangtori is dedicated to Goddess Ganga. Badrinath is known as the abode of Lord Vishnu (Badri) and Kedarnath is a shrine dedicated to Lord Shiva.
As you cover the distance through a helicopter ride, you also save a lot of time. The itinerary also includes visit to Triyuginarayan temple and Mana village.
Note: This is just a suggested itinerary indicative of what could be possible. We tailor holidays for your specific needs. Contact us if you want modifications so that we could tailor a holiday to suit your need for an unforgettable India tour.
Departure from Sahastradhara helipad, Dehradun (07:00 AM).
Arrival at Kharsali helipad, Yamunotri (07:45 AM).
Assemble at the State government helipad on Sahastradhara Road, Dehradun, the starting and concluding point of this yatra. The ground staff briefs you about the do's and don'ts of the trip. The helicopter departs from here at around 7'o clock in the morning. As you arrive at the Kharsali helipad for Yamunotri, you are transferred to your hotel.
After freshening up, you visit the Yamunotri temple for darshan. One of the four sites of Chhota Chardham Yatra of Uttarakhand, Yamunotri (3293 m) is the seat of Rive Goddess Yamuna. Yamunotri, lying on the top of Bandar Poonch Parvat, is the source of Yamuna River.
The main attractions here are Goddess Yamuna and the thermal springs at Janki Chatti, which are around 7 km away. The actual Champasar glacier is at an altitude of 4421 m above the seal level and is inaccessible. The temple, placed on the left bank of Yamuna River, was erected by Maharaja Pratap Shah of Tehri Garhwal. The idol of the Goddess here is in black marble. Overnight stay at the hotel.
Departure from Yamunotri helipad (07: 45 AM).
Arrival at Harsil Helipad (08:30 AM).
On day 2, depart from Yamunotri helipad and arrive at Harsil Helipad, lying amidst the beautiful lush Uttarakhand valleys. The day is scheduled for visiting the next Chardham destination of Uttarakhand- Gangotri. It is advisable that you visit the Gangotri temple, right from the helipad. The temple is located at a distance of 22 km from here. Arrive at the temple around 50 minutes later.
This religious town of the Hindu devotees is placed on the banks of Bhagirathi River and is the originating point of the holy River Ganga. The temple is located at an altitude of 3100 m. the river here is known as Bhagirathi and it gets the name Ganga from Devprayag where it meets Alaknanda River. Gaumukh in the Gangtori Glacier is the originating point of Ganges River. This glacier is a 19 km trek away from here.
Have Darshan at Gangotri temple, which was constructed by Amar Singh Thapa, the Gurkha General. The temple was constructed in 18th century. After Darshan, get transferred to your hotel in the afternoon. After completing the check-in, have your lunch. Later, you can relax for some time. The evening is at leisure. If you want, you can embark on an evening walk to the nearby villages where you can also buy some fine-quality woolens. Stay overnight.
Start the day early. Depart from Harsil helipad by 9.00 AM. Due to government regulation, you have to change chopper at Guptkashi helipad to continue to Kedarnath. Deboard and aboard the new helicopter awaiting for your further journey. Arrive at Kedarnath helipad by 10.00 AM approx.
Surrounded by snowcapped peaks, Kedarnath is the most remote site among all Char Dhams in Uttarakhand. The Kedarnath temple, the holy shrine of Lord Shiva houses one of the 12 Jyotirlingas in India. The temple lies at a distance of approximately 500m from the helipad and reaching it would take about 15 minutes.
The Kedarnath temple was originally constructed by the Pandava brothers of the Hindu epic, Mahabharata and later renovated by Adi Shankaracharya during the 8th century. At the temple entrance gate, there is a Nandi bull statue (the divine bull of the Lord). Pay respects to bull and the divine lingam of Lord Shiva.
Next, proceed to the ancient Triyuginarayan temple, which is dedicated to Lord Vishnu, is built on the site where it's believed that Lord Vishnu had witnessed the wedding ceremony of Lord Shiva and Goddess Parvati.
You will be spending the night at Kedarnath. A Rudra Abhishek has been scheduled at the Kedarnath temple at 4 AM.
Today depart from Kedarnath. Your chopper will take you to Guptkashi helipad for change of helicopter. Board the new helicopter at 10:15 AM and you will arrive at Badrinath helipad by 11:00 AM.
Deboard at Badrinath helipad, after which you will be transferred to the hotel. Complete your check-in formalities at the hotel, and get ready to visit the Badrinath temple. The holy temple of Lord Vishnu, known as Lord Badri here is one of the divine 108 divya desams. Take blessings of the Lord.
Later, move on for a visit to the Mana village, close to Badrinath temple, the last village before Indo-China border, inhabited by an Indo-Mongolian tribe.
Overnight stay in Badrinath.
The highlight of Badrinath yatra is the special Maha Abhishek Pooja, which commences at 4 AM sharp in early morning and continues for almost 2hrs. Special arrangement has been made for you to sit inside the temple and watch the proceedings of the Shringar rituals of the deity.
Departure from Badrinath helipad (11:30 AM).
Arrival at Sahastradhara helipad, Dehradun (12:30 AM) Attend the Special Abhishek Puja at Badrinath temple, a major highlight of the yatra. It Puja starts 04.30 AM in the wee hours of morning.
The Puja lasts for around 2 hours. Have darshan of the deity from close quarters.
Later, depart from the Barinath helipad to Sahastradhara helipad in Dehradun. The tour ends.
|No. of Pax||Price|
|Min. 01||INR 1,70,000 /- per person|
|Destination||Hotel/ Similar||Meal Plan|
|Dehradun||Lemon Tree or Madhuban||Breakfast (Comp)|
|Kharsali||Yamunotri Cottage||All Meals|
|Harsil||Himalayan Nature Resort||All Meals|
|Kedarnath||Guest House (non-star category)||All Meals|
|Badrinath||Sarovar Portico/Similar||All Meals|
- Helicopter trip starts from Dehradun.
- Complimentary stay, pickup and Airport transfer for 1 Night in Haridwar/ Dehradun.
- Includes stay & meals for 4 Nights / 5 Days.
- Rudra Abhishek at Kedarnath.
- All local transport and sightseeing by Toyota Innova.
- VIP Darshan at all Four temples i.e. Yamunotri, Gangotri, Kedarnath and Badrinath.
- Exclusive Maha Abhishek Puja at Badrinath.
- Palki / Pony at Yamunotri.
Rs 20,000 Royalty charges are included in the given price and this amount is subject to refund after final decision from the Uttarakhand Govt.
- Any meal unless specified above.
- Any Guide Services.
- Any Air fare/ Train Ticket.
- All entrances fees to monuments.
- Personal nature expenses like telephone / laundry bills etc.
- Airports tax and travel insurance etc.
- Services not specified above.
- Travel Insurance.
- GST 5 % Extra on total billing.
GUIDELINES FOR PASSENGERS:
- There is very limited space for luggage in the chopper. Only 5 kg luggage per passenger will be permitted. Passengers bringing excess baggage would not be allowed to take the same in the chopper.
- Passengers should carry only handbags as suitcases cannot be kept in the helicopter.
- All temples in Char Dham are located in high altitude areas. Passengers are advice to carry regular medical kit.
- At these locations, it becomes cold throughout, so passengers must carry woolen clothes with them.
- Kindly book your back flight/train ticket after one day to your arrival at Dehradun.
- Children above the age of 2 years will be considered full ticket and birth certificate will be required at time of booking.
- There is no provision of concession to children or senior citizens.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- Available Hotel properties at Guptkashi and Yamunotri are non-star category and the stay is arranged at best among them. However, at Harsil and Badrinath the accommodation standard is 3.5 Star.
- Complimentary stay at arrival in Dehradun do not include lunch and dinner. (Only breakfast)
- Indian Holiday Private Ltd reserves the right to postpone the timings of flying subjected to weather conditions.
- Any extra night stay due to bad weather will be borne by client itself.
- Valid from Sep 2018 to 1st Nov 2018.
BAD WEATHER SITUATION:
If you are stuck in a bad weather situation on any particular day out of the 5 days we will still try to finish the darshan on next day. In case we are completely unable to visit any Dham due to bad weather situation we will refund proportionate money. This means that if due to any reason we are unable to do 2 dhams then we will refund the amount according to flying time.
- 5 Days / 4 Night
- Dehradun - Yamunotri - Gangot...