The ‘Yoga Capital of the World’ – Rishikesh is a place that is blessed with tranquilizing beauty and breathtaking landscape. It is home to a plethora of attractions that offer spiritual travelers serene environs. There are a number of places to visit in Rishikesh, which can make the vacation rejuvenating for all types of travelers.
Situated at the foothills of the Himalayas there are several tourist places in Rishikesh some of which are listed below. On your trip to this amazing place, do ensure that you do not miss out on any of these during your Rishikesh tour.
Here is the list of Best Places in Rishikesh to go on a Holiday
- Lakshman Jhula
- Ram Jhulax
- Beatles Ashram
- Triveni Ghat
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
- Parmarth Niketan Ashram
- Rajaji National Park
- Phool Chatti Waterfall
1. Lakshman Jhula
One of the most important tourist attractions in Rishikesh is the historic Lakshman Jhula. It is a suspension bridge that bridges the Tapovan Village and Jonk Village. The bridge is currently only allowed by pedestrians.
The bridge is 450 ft long and suspended approximately 70 ft above sea level. The bridge was opened to the public in 1929 when the entry of vehicles was prohibited.
The bridge is now approximately 96 years old and has been a great place for photographers, videographers, and nature lovers. Ideally, people click pictures of the attractions around while on this Jhula. And because Lakshman Jhula Rishikesh is an important connection, people tend to spend some time admiring the beauty of the suspended bridge and also that’s around it.
- Location: 3, Laxman Jhoola, near Muni Ki Reti, Adarsh Gram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137
- Timings: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Entry Fee: None
- Popular For: Sightseeing
- Attractions Around: Neelkantha Mahadeva Temple, Geeta Bhawan, The Beatles Ashram, Ram Jhula, Tera Manzil Temple
2. Ram Jhula
Another iconic marvel and popular tourist place in Rishikesh is Ram Jhula. It is also a suspension bridge that was built in 1986 across the sacred river Ganga. This bridge is about 750 ft long and more or less at the same altitude as the Lakshman Jhula.
Ram Jhula Rishikesh is also a splendid piece of architecture that showcases the beautiful foothills of the Himalayas. Walk slowly on the bridge if you wish to witness the amazing view of the surroundings.
- Location: 48F7+8QQ, Ram Jhula, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249304
- Timings: 5:00 AM – 10:00 PM
- Entry Fee: None
- Popular For: Sightseeing, photography, shopping, temple hopping
- Attractions Around: Ram Jhula Market, Parmarth Niketan Ashram, Lakshman Temple, The Patna Waterfalls
Enjoy the best of Yoga Capital and other places. Contact us today for more details!
3. The Beatles Ashram
Formerly known as Chaurasiya ki Kutiya, Beatles Ashram is another amusing and important place to visit in Rishikesh. Although its existence has been traced for a longer time, this ashram got its recognition after the popular music band “The Beatles” came here and stayed for some time in 1986. The band members practiced meditation and their songs here.
This ashram often attracts history buffs and people who wish to get a great experience. At times, explorers and curious people also visit here. Beatles Ashram is an integral part of Rishikesh Tourism for many good reasons. Make sure you do visit here.
- Location: 4876+4V3, Swarg Ashram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249304
- Timings: 10am – 4pm
- Entry Fee: 150 INR per head for Indians; 600 INR per head for foreign nationals
- Popular For: Interesting wall art, meditation, sightseeing
- Attractions Around: Tera Manzil Temple, Triveni Ghat, Sivananda Ashram, Rajaji National Park
Visiting Rishikesh? Check out these 12 Best Ashrams in Rishikesh for Yoga and Meditation
Customize Rishikesh tour packages with Indian Holiday today!
4. Triveni Ghat
Triveni Ghat is the confluence point of the three sacred rivers of India – namely Ganga, Yamuna, and Saraswati. There are a lot of reasons why Triveni Ghat is considered to be the holiest Rishikesh best place to visit.
One of the best things to do in Rishikesh is to visit the ghat and attend the evening aarti. The significance of the ghat according to Hindu Mythology is so much that it is believed, that if one takes a dip in the holy water here, all their sins get washed away.
Cannot be better than this right? You can visit the market near the ghat, do some meditation, and if yoga is your thing, Yogshala should be your must-visit place in Rishikesh.
- Location: Jairam Ashram Marg, Triveni ghat, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249201
- Timings: 9 am to 8 pm (The Ganga Aarti takes place between 6 pm and 7 pm)
- Entry Fee: No Fee
- Popular For: Ganga Aarti Every Evening, meditation centers, shopping
- Attractions Around: Rajaji National park, Rishi Kund, Bhimgoda Barrage, Tera Manzil Temple
5. Neelkanth Mahadev Temple
There are multiple places to visit in Rishikesh but one that can’t be missed on your visit is the beautiful and amazing Neelkanth Mahadev Temple. This temple is dedicated to Lord Shiva and is a sacred pilgrim spot visited by hundreds of people every day throughout the year. The temple is approximately 32 km from Rishikesh and is a top-notch attraction in the city.
The best time to visit this temple is during Shivratri because there is a grand celebration that happens here at the temple. One of the prime places in Rishikesh; Neelkanth also offers a breathtaking view of the surroundings owing to its location on a hilltop.
- Location: Kotdwar – Pauri Rd, Kotdwar, Uttarakhand 246149
- Timings: 6 am – 7 pm
- Entry Fee: No Entry Fee
- Popular For: Pilgrimage and Sightseeing
- Attractions Around: Shri Sachcha Akhileshwar Mahadev Temple, Tattva Ayurvedic Centre, Prakriti Vedic Spa, Tattva Ayurvedic Centre
6. Parmarth Niketan Ashram
It is not just the offerings of Parmarth Niketan Ashram that make it one of the best places in Rishikesh but there is so much more to it. Though it is a popular ashram with hundreds of regular visitors, the location of this ashram is what intrigues me more.
Surrounded by the mighty Himalayas, Parmarth Niketan Ashram is popular for the peaceful and spiritual ambiance it has to offer. The entire setup is amazing from a meditation point of view. Just don’t forget to keep your camera charged before heading to the attraction.
- Location: Near, Main Market Road, Ram Jhula, Swarg Ashram, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 24930
- Timings: 9 am – 8 pm
- Entry Fee: None for visiting but a small amount is required for staying overnight
- Popular For: Yoga & meditation classes, spiritual lectures, shopping
- Attractions Around: Triveni Ghat, Ram Jhula, Vashist Cave, Lakshman Jhula
7. Rajaji National Park
The extensive collection of flora and fauna is showcased in the amazing Rajaji National Park in Rishikesh. Though the national park is registered as one of the largest in the country, one of its gates is towards Chilla which falls in Rishikesh. Rajaji National Park is undoubtedly one of the most visited places in Rishikesh.
You can go for a morning or an evening safari to explore the safari zone of the park. Over the past few years, the number of fauna species in the park has increased which has increased the number of people visiting here. For tourists, Rajaji National Park is an all-time amusing place and one of the best places to visit in Rishikesh in summer.
- Location: Safari zone, Rajaji National park, Chilla, Uttarakhand 249306
- Timings: 7 am – 10 am & 2:30pm – 5:30pm
- Entry Fee: 150 per head for 3 hours, Gypsy service will cost 2100 INR for vehicle entry, 500 INR per vehicle for foreigners, and 250 INR for Indians (both for privately owned vehicles)
- Popular For: Safari, Jungle Sightseeing, birdwatching, exploration
- Attractions: King cobras, Porcupines, Himalayan black bears, Goral, Indian hare, Rhesus macaque, Sloth bears
8. Phool Chatti Waterfall
The yoga capital has a huge list of places to visit and one of them is Phool Chatti Waterfall. It is located between Neer Garh Waterfall and Garudchatti. The waterfall is one of the best places near Rishikesh for adventure seekers, people on rejuvenating trips, nature lovers, and even solo travelers looking for serene spots.
So, pick up your camera and get going with your trip to an amazing attraction in the vicinity of the “Yoga Capital of India.” Make sure you don’t miss the small and easy hike to the waterfall; you might just get a few good clicks, who knows!
- Location: 49F3+QR9, Patna, Uttarakhand 249302
- Timings: 24 hours and 7 days
- Entry Fee: No Entry Fee
- Popular For: Sightseeing, Rejuvenation, Adventure activities
- Attractions Around: Laxman Jhoola, Ram Jhoola
- 10 Famous Waterfalls in India you must visit
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Uttarakhand in Summer with Family
The captivating power of Rishikesh is unspeakable and the same is what the attractions here have to offer. If you are planning a trip to Rishikesh then your list of attractions will keep increasing as much as you research.
But this is a meticulously designed list of the best places in Rishikesh that are truly going to offer you everything you want from a destination. Peaceful places, eye-captivating attractions, and much more. So, while creating an itinerary, be sure that you have included all the above-mentioned attractions.
We think there are some amazing things to do in Rishikesh that you should be aware of. But if you want to skip all the planning and stressful parts, you can directly get a Rishikesh Tour packages and get it customized easily.