“It’s been so long since we went for a trip (sigh!)”
If you are saying this to yourself while sitting at home bored, it is time to break out of the bubble and plan a trip. But what about COVID restrictions and safety measures, you might think?! Don’t worry! We have got you covered!
A lot of places in India are finally opening and welcoming tourists from all over the country (with covid restrictions, of course!). If you reside in Gurgaon or nearby, you can now plan fun-filled weekend getaways from Gurgaon with your loved ones.
There are many safe places to visit near Gurgaon during COVID for a mini vacation and that is exactly what we will be sharing with you in this blog. Keep reading to which places near Gurgaon are open and safe to visit with friends and family.
Disclaimer: The states mentioned in this blog have lifted COVID-19 restrictions at the time this post was published. Please check the COVID-19 travel guidelines of these places at the website of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare or the National Center for Disease Control at the time of travel.
Here are 5 Safe Places to Visit near Gurgaon During COVID
From hill stations to heritage locations, these are some of the best and safe places to go near Gurgaon for a relaxing weekend getaway. Take a look!
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand
- Nainital, Uttarakhand
- Chopta, Uttarakhand
- Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
- Neemrana Fort Palace, Rajasthan
COVID Guidelines to Travel to Uttarakhand
Finally, it is time to pack your bags and visit ‘Devbhoomi’ as the state government has allowed travellers from other states in Uttarakhand.
- The COVID lockdown has been extended till June 29, 2021, which was earlier scheduled to end on June 22, 2021.
- As per the latest reports, tourists entering Uttarakhand state will have to provide a negative RT-PCR report, which should not be older than 72 hours of their arrival.
- Further, tourists must register themselves on the Smart City portal.
Seek thrill and adventure? Rishikesh is the ideal place for you! One of the safest places to visit near Gurgaon within 300 km, Rishikesh can be visited to enjoy picturesque views of the hills along the Ganges flowing by. It is nestled in the Himalayan range and is a must-visit destination for adventure and tranquillity.
If you are into yoga, you can indulge yourself with immense yoga practise sessions offered at renowned yoga ashrams in Rishikesh. This will help keep you immune from many respiratory issues and other health-related problems. Tourists from all over the world visit this ‘Yoga Capital’ to enjoy the serene forces of nature to rejuvenate their mind, body, and soul.
Stop contemplating and get away from your routine life and delight yourself in the various adventures that Rishikesh has to offer.
- Distance from Gurgaon: 267 km (approx.)
- Best time to visit: October to February
- Ideal Duration: 3 to 4 days
How to reach Rishikesh:
The nearest airport to Rishikesh is Dehradun Aiport and the nearest railhead is Haridwar Junction. Both are well-connected to major cities in India and operate regular flights. You can choose to plan a fun road trip from Gurgaon to Rishikesh and enjoy the scenic views en route.
Things to do at Rishikesh:
- Indulge in thrilling river rafting.
- Attend the pious Ganga Aarti.
- Try cliff jumping, bungee jumping, and many more activities.
- Take a walk on Ram Jhula.
- Enjoy the cool breeze while you walk on Laxman Jhula.
- Camp near the river under the star-filled sky.
Want to spend time in nature’s glory? Visit Nainital from Gurgaon. Bestowed with majestic hills, dense deodar woods, serene waterfalls, and gurgling streams, Nainital is among the couple-friendly places near Gurgaon. It gives them the quality time to spend with each other and rekindle their love.
The pleasant weather, lush greenery, and pristine lakes lure many honeymoon couples as well as families to this beautiful destination. Once used by Britishers as their summer retreat, this hill station is what you need to escape the brutal brunt of the summer heat.
On your weekend trip from Gurgaon to Nainital, enjoy boating, visit the main tourist attractions in Nainital like Sariyatal Lake, Bhimtal Lake, and Khurpatal Lake, and soak in the ethereal beauty of the lakes in Nainital.
- Distance from Gurgaon: 328 km (approx.)
- Best time to visit: March to June, Late-November to February
- Ideal Duration: 2 days
How to reach Nainital:
Board a train from Gurgaon to Kathdogam. The railhead is located about 35 km from Nainital and can be easily reached using a cab. You can also avail an overnight bus from Gurgaon, hire a taxi, or drive in your vehicle.
Things to do at Nainital:
- Camp Kyari at Syat with activities like rock climbing, rappelling, swimming, etc.
- Enjoy boating in Naini Lake.
- Go on treks in Nainital like Nainital Betalghat Trek, Nainital Binayak Trek, and Snow View Trek.
- You can plan a day out to explore wildlife at Jim Corbett National Park.
- Spend time in nature and spot wild animals at Nainital Zoo.
- Go on a nature walk.
- Rise a horse to Naini Peak.
- Witness bird’s eye view on an aerial ropeway to Snow View Point.
- Shop your heart out at Bara Bazaar, Tibetan Market, and Mall Road.
- Camp at Naina Devi Jungle Camp.
If you want to seclude yourself from the touristy crowds, Chopta is among the safest places to visit near Gurgaon for a weekend getaway. A small hamlet, Chopta is famously known by the title ‘Mini Switzerland of Uttarakhand’ and is one of the best offbeat places near Gurgaon for travellers place looking for some private time with their family, friends, or significant other.
While in Chopta, wake up to the cool salubrious breeze and birds chirping; far away from the hustle-bustle and blaring horns of the city. The picturesque landscapes and the awe-inspiring beauty of Chopta are surreal and send you into a state of awe.
The dwindling pines, rhododendrons, and deodars add to the charm of this hamlet. And thus, attracts nature lovers. Chopta is also a wonderful place for avid trekkers as it serves as the base for trekking to Tungnath and Chandrashila, the third holiest temple among the Panch Kedars.
Take your loved ones to this breathtakingly beautiful destination near Gurgaon after lockdown and enjoy the view of crimson rays of the sun kissing the snow-laden Himalayas.
- Distance from Gurgaon: 429 km (approx.)
- Best time to visit: April and May, September and October
- Ideal Duration: 3 days
How to reach Chopta:
Chopta is well-connected to other major cities by motorable roads, and thus, travelling here by taxi or your car is the most suitable option. You can also take a bus from Gurgaon to reach Ukhimath, Guptkashi, or Gopeshwar and further hire a taxi to reach Chopta.
Things to do at Chopta:
- See the diverse Himalayan flora and fauna along with various bird species.
- Witness the splendid views of Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Chaukhamba peaks.
- Click pictures of undulating valleys and spectacular sunsets at Chandrashila.
- Camp in Chopta to enjoy the beauty of nature.
- Go for a birdwatching tour in Chopta.
- Indulge in mindful yoga amidst a peaceful environment, lush green meadows, and majestic Himalayan views.
- Trek to Tungnath and Chandrashila.
- Offer prayers at Tungnath Temple.
- Trek to Devariyatal.
COVID Guidelines to Travel to Himachal Pradesh
The Government of Himachal Pradesh has allowed tourists to enter the hill station.
- It is not mandatory to carry a negative RT-PCR report. Section 144 has also been lifted in the state. However, the COVID curfew will remain in place from 5 pm to 5 am.
- For tourists entering Himachal, it will be mandatory to strictly adhere to the Safety and Hygiene guidelines that have been issued by the Ministry of Home Affairs & Tourism Department.
- Hotels operating in this period are not permitted to operate assembly halls, auditoriums, and swimming pools.
Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh
One of the best hill stations near Gurgaon within 300 km, Kasauli is a great mountain escape to plan a peaceful weekend holiday. Nestled among the dense pine and deodar forest, Kasauli in Himachal Pradesh is one of the safe places to visit near Gurgaon during COVID 2021.
Kasauli has gained popularity over the last couple of years due to its awe-inspiring beauty. Still, it is among the less crowded places in Himachal Pradesh that can be visited on a honeymoon trip. If you love to spend time in nature, Kasauli is a magical place to be.
The unpolluted environment, calm atmosphere, and blue skies of Kausali will put you in a blissful mood after being stuck at home in quarantine. Breath in the fresh air, witness the splendid mountains and explore the colonial age buildings that will teleport you into a peculiar era.
- Distance from Gurgaon: 338 km (approx.)
- Best time to visit: April to June, September to November
- Ideal Duration: 2 days
How to reach Kasauli:
To reach Kasauli from Gurgaon, take a flight to Chandigarh, which is almost 70 km from Kasauli. From outside the airport, hire a taxi to reach Kasauli. Kalka is the nearest railhead to Kasauli, which is connected to Gurgaon by train. You can also take your vehicle to Kasauli from Gurgaon as the road conditions are good and offer a smooth ride.
Things to do at Kasauli:
- Enjoy a toy train ride while witnessing mesmerizing views around.
- Feel like you are floating on the clouds in a Timber Trail.
- Take the Kalka-Kasauli trek, one of the most adventurous treks in India.
- Go for a shopping tour at Mall Road.
- Stroll on the Lover’s Lane.
- Savour Tibetan food.
- Meander along the rocky cliffs leading up to Gilbert Trail.
- Trek to Monkey Point to see stunning views of Kasauli.
- Admire the architecture at Anglican Church.
COVID Guidelines to Travel to Rajasthan
As per the latest developments, tourists can now enter the royal Rajasthan.
- A negative RT-PCR report is mandatory, which should not be older than 72 hours of their arrival.
- However, if the tourist has taken both the COVID vaccine doses, they can then travel without the RT-PCR report provided they carry their vaccine certificate.
- The night curfew is still in place from 5 pm to 6 am along with weekend lockdown on Saturday and Sunday.
- Travellers must certify the status of their health through the Aarogya Setu app or Self-Declaration Form. Also, monuments are open in the state of Rajasthan from 9 am to 3 pm except on weekend lockdown.
Neemrana Fort Palace, Rajasthan
Leave the boredom behind and hit the road to visit Neemrana Fort Palace located on Delhi – Jaipur highway. Plan a weekend trip to Neemrana Fort Palace as it a safe place to visit near Gurgaon during COVID lockdown.
Stay in this magnificent palace of Rajput Maharaja Prithviraj Chauhan III. It has become one of the most visited tourist places in Rajasthan because of its ambience, peaceful environment, and range of activities.
Glorifying rich history, Neemrana Fort Palace is no wonder one of the best places near Gurgaon within 100 km. Enjoy a luxurious holiday and receive a royal welcome to the Fort. If you seek adventure, Neemrana offers various activities like camel safaris, vintage car rides, and zipline tours.
What are you waiting for? Get ready to traverse to one of the oldest heritage luxury hotels to spend time away from the hustle-bustle with your loved ones.
- Distance from Gurgaon: 90 km (approx.)
- Best time to visit: August to March
- Ideal Duration: 1 to 2 days
How to reach Neemrana:
The best way to reach Neemrana Fort Palace from Gurgaon is to either take the Rajasthan State Transport Corporation bus or a private bus that connects Gurgaon and Delhi to this heritage hotel. Apart from this, you can also hire a taxi and travel to Neemrana. Plan a fun road trip in your vehicle with your friends, family, or significant other.
- Things to do at Neemrana Fort Palace:
- Enjoy a lavish stay.
- Witness eye-catching views on a ziplining tour.
- Visit Boari Stepwell.
- Enjoy a vintage car ride and feel like a king/queen.
Now that you have a list of safe places to visit near Gurgaon during COVID guidelines, it is time to pack your bags and set out on an exciting journey with friends, family, or beloved. Whether be it adventurous or relaxing, spend the time at these destinations near Gurgaon as per your liking. Choose Kasauli, Neemrana Fort Palace, Rishikesh, or whichever place entices you the most and plan a weekend getaway from Gurgaon to escape the regularities of city life and relax your mind and soul.