Tulip Festival(Last Updated 20 May, 2022)
Tulip Festival in Srinagar is a grand affair of natural beauty where flower beds are scattered upon several terraces. Your trip to Kashmir in April 2022 would not be considered complete without visiting Asia's most extensive Tulip Garden. This magnificent festival in Srinagar is celebrated every year with full fervor and joy. The Floriculture Department organizers announced plans to plant 1.5 million tulip bulbs of 62 varieties in 2022 Tulip Garden. The picturesque garden sprawls over 30 hectares. In short, the Tulip Festival in 2022 will take your breath away!
Starting and Ending Dates of Tulip Festival in 2022
Tulip Festival is hosted in Kashmir Valley during the onset of the Spring Season. You can get ready to be a part of it in April 2022 as the festival will commence from 3rd April to 30th April 2022.
Timings of Tulip Garden
The Tulip Garden opens at 8 am and closes at 7 pm.
Entry Fee at Tulip Garden in 2022
The entry fee to the garden is INR 25 for children and INR 60 for adults.
Major Highlights of the Tulip Festival in 2022
Tulip Festival 2022 is a must-attend event for flower enthusiasts, nature lovers, fans, aficionados, tulip lovers, and tourists worldwide. There are many varieties of these amazing flowers; some are mentioned below. Let's see how many of them you can find at the Tulip Festival.
- Standard Tulips - These are the normal tulips available from florists to local gardens.
- Double Bloom - Instead of a single petal of a standard tulip, the double bloom has many layers.
- Parrot Tulips - They appear as ruffled petals in various hues depicting the plumage of tropical parrot.
- Fringed Tulips - The edges and shape are frilly and fringed.
- Bi-Color Standard Tulips - They display a variation in terms of color when compared with the standard tulip.
- Rembrandt - pale-colored tall tulips
- Fosteriana Tulips - They vary in height and have pretty buds.
- Lily-Flowering Tulips - These flowers have long, pointed petals with an arch at the tips.
- Single Late Tulips - Stunning cup-shaped tulips with the widest range of colors
- Triumph - Wide range of shades, splendid tones, and bi-colors are the characteristic features of these tulips.
What’s special about the Tulip Festival of 2022?
There are some added attractions in the Tulip Festival of 2022. Nature has bestowed the garden with more varieties of flowers this year. Moreover, visitors can benefit from surplus facilities like free Wi-Fi, more fountains, washrooms (separate for the specially-abled persons), and drinking points.
More green spaces are included in the garden area keeping in mind the comforts of the tourists. Extra plants like daffodils, hyacinths, narcissus, and other ornamental plants are planted to ornate the area. In addition, the water channels running through the terraces will add charm to the garden.
Visitors will now be able to buy souvenirs and savor Kashmiri dishes from outside the garden area. This will be possible because of the decorated stalls and kiosks exhibiting the cuisine and handicrafts of Kashmir.
If you want to witness the beautiful Tulip Garden and explore the city, book Kashmir tour packages with Indian Holiday for a smooth and memorable travel experience.
Places to visit near Tulip Garden
The prime location of the Tulip Garden makes it the most visited place in Srinagar. This park is surrounded by scenic hills, attractive gardens of the Mughal era, and most importantly, it overlooks the awe-inspiring Dal Lake. Given below are some other attractions that lie nearby.
- Chashme Shahi Garden - This garden is the center of attraction for housing a natural spring that flows from it.
- Pari Mahal - Overlooking the amazing Chashm-E-Shahi Gardens, this historic monument was once a Buddhist Monastery.
- Shankaracharya Temple - Soak in the beauty of the snow-laden Pin Panjal Range from this age-old temple situated at 1100 feet.
- Dal Lake - Dal Lake is truly a paradise on Earth. The beauty of this breathtaking lake is beyond description. A Shikara Ride is a must here.
- Nishat Gardens - Spotted at a distance of 3.2 km from Tulip Garden, Nishat Bagh is home to long avenues of Cypress and Chinar trees, rare flowers, and fountains.
- Mughal Gardens - A confluence of Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Bagh, and Chashm-E-Shahi, this park draws the crowd for its cascading fountains.
- Shalimar Bagh - Another well-manicured garden built by Jahangir, a Mughal emperor. Praise the outstanding craftsmanship of the Mughals in terms of horticulture here.
- Nagin Lake - The azure waters of this lake are sure to leave you spellbound.
- Hazratbal - This sacred Muslim shrine is visited by many on religious occasions to see a relic of the heir of Prophet Muhammad. A vibrant fair is held afterward.
- Local Markets - Visit the local market to buy the specialties of Srinagar like leather products, Cashmere Shawls, carpets, mats, rugs, woolen clothes, dry fruits, etc.
How to Reach Tulip Gardens?
Located on the foothills of the Zabarwan hills on the banks of Dal Lake in Srinagar, the Indira Gandhi Tulip Garden can be reached by air, rail, and road.
- By Air: Tulip Gardens are easily accessible from Sheikh Ul-Alam International Airport in Srinagar. It is well connected and has regular flights from major domestic destinations. One can hire buses or private/shared taxis from the airport to reach Tulip Garden.
- By Rail: To reach Srinagar by train, you can either get off at Jammu Tawi or Udhampur railway station. They are well-connected with prominent cities in India. You can take private taxis or state government buses to reach Tulip Garden.
- By Road: Srinagar is well-connected with cities like Jammu, Delhi, and Chandigarh. You can hire JKSRTC buses to reach Srinagar and reach the destination.