Chikmagalur is lush green valley at height of 1900 meters surrounded by hills, forests, vales, streams and rustic temples. This place is known for its coffee plantation and is summer destination of South India. This hill station also attract trekkers and mountaineers for more adventurous holiday. During your stay in Chikmagalur you must visit Baba Budan Range which has one of the highest peaks in Nilgiri, Kondandarama Temple, St. Joseph's Cathedral and Sringeri the Hindu pilgrimage center known for the Vidyashankara Temple, which has pillars depicting the 12 zodiac signs. The best time to undertake a tour to Chikmagalur is between September and March. Choose from various tours offered by IHPL for Chkmagalur.
Chikmagalur Tour Packages
List of Chikmagalur Tour Packages
FAQs of Chikmagalur Tour Packages
Ques: Where is Chikmagalur Located?
Ans:Chikmagalur is a famous hill station and a district situated in South Indian state (Province) Karnataka. Chikmagalur is lush green valley at height of 1090 meters surrounded by hills, forests, vales, streams and rustic temples. This place is known for its coffee plantation and is summer destination of South India. This hill station also attract trekkers and mountaineers for more adventurous holiday.
Ques: How to Reach Chikmagalur?
Ans: You can reach Chikmagalur by Road only.
- Bengaluru (Bangalore) approx 265kms / 5hrs
- Mysuru (Mysore) approx 192kms / 4hrs
Nearest main Railway Station :
- Birur approx 40kms / 1hr
- Kadur approx 40kms / 1hr
- Bengaluru (Bangalore) approx 235kms / 5hrs
- Mysuru (Mysore) approx 185kms / 4hrs
Nearby Important tourist destinations
- Hassan approx 61kms / 1½hrs
- Mysuru 185kms / 4hrs
- Bengaluru approx 235kms / 5hrs
- Madikeri (Coorg) approx 161kms / 4hrs
- Mangaluru (Mangalore) approx 151kms / 4hrs
Ques: How is the weather in Chikmagalur and Best time to visit Chikmagalur?
Ans: Chikmagalur is a year around destination. The best time to visit Chikmagalur is from September to March. During the summers from March to June the climate is hot during the day and very cool in the morning and evenings. During rainy season, extreme showers are a common factor.
Ques: Which are the places of visit or activities to enjoy in Chikmagalur?
Ans:Chikmagalur is a place to enjoy the nature at its best. You either spend the time relaxing at the resorts or visit hill range of the Western Ghats. The following are the main attractions at Coimbatore.
- Baba Budangiri is 35kms from Chickmagalur city. Located at 1895m baove sea level is one of the highest peak of Karnataka. Baba Budangiri is renowned for its shrine to the Sufi Saint, Hazrat Dada Hayat Khalandar (also known as Baba Budan). It is a famous pilgrim site for both Hindus and Muslims and is often visited by travellers. It is said that the first coffee crop was grown here by Baba Budan in late 16th Century. Manikyadhara Falls is on the Baba Budangiri Hills.
- Mullayanagiri is 22kms from Chickmagalur city. Located at 1930m above sea level is the highest peak of Karnataka. Mullayanagiri is Known for Coffee Plantations and adventure sports like trekking, Road biking & Mountain biking. There is Lord Shiva temple of the peak and standing at the peak one can Magnificent witness Western Ghats on a clear day.
Ques: Which are the popular packages to visit Chikmagalur?
Ans: The most popular package is as follows:
We have customized short packages to Chikmagalur & customized packages connecting to nearby famous tourist destinations. Kindly contact us for further details.