Uttarkashi is a holy town in state of Uttrakhand and it is the land dedicated to Lord Shiva and aptly called the "Kashi of North". Just like Varanasi, this town is also situated along River Ganges and has a ghat named Manikarnika similar to Varanasi. It is around 5 hours drive from Dehradun and draws Hindu pilgrims throughout the year. Hilly terrain of this town is suitable for adventure sports like rock climbing and trekking. It is also a destination for fishing and angling lovers. Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Vishwanath Temple, Shakti Temple, Maneri and Dodital are some of major tourist attractions of Uttarkashi.
Uttarkashi Tour Packages
Temperature checking and regular screening is carried out for Hotel Staff, Guests, Drivers, and Guides.
List of Uttarkashi Holiday Packages
Mumbai - Delhi - Haridwar - Barkot - Karsali - Yamunotri - Uttarkashi - Gangotri - Sonprayag - Kedarnath - Guptkashi - Joshimath - Birahi - Srinagar - Rudraprayag – Rishikesh – Haridwar - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Take part in evening aarti at Haridwar
- Pay homage at Yamunotri Temple
- Seek blessings at Gangotri Temple
- Perform pooja at Kedarnath Temple
- Tour to Adi Shankaracharya Samadhi in Kedarnath
- Pay regards at Badrinath Temple
Haridwar - Uttarkashi - Gangotri -Guptkashi - Kedarnath - Badrinath-Rudraprayag -HaridwarTrip Highlights
- Pay homage at Gangotri Temple
- Wish for prosperity at Kedarnath Temple
- Perform pooja at Badrinath Temple
Delhi - Haridwar - Syana Chatti -Uttarkashi - Rudraprayag - Kedarnath -Rudraprayag - Joshimath - Badrinath -Govindghat - DelhiTrip Highlights
- Visit the top attractions of Delhi
- Feel enlightened during aarti at Har Ki Pauri
- Embrace peace at Syana Chatti
- Pay obeisance at Yamunotri Temple
- Visit Vishwanath Temple
- Perform pooja at Gangotri Temple
- Dip in the Gaurikund hot springs
- Tour to Joshimath
- Seek blessings at Kedarnath and Badrinath temples
- Visit Govindghat
FAQs Uttarkashi Tour Packages
Ques: How many days are sufficient to visit Uttarkashi?
Ans: Uttarkashi is a holy town in Uttarakhand and is blessed to have historic temples. It is a gateway for the Holy Chardham Yatra. The ideal duration for Uttarkashi tour is 1 to 2 day. During the Uttarkashi tour, you can also embark on the holy sojourn of Chardham or Do Dham Yatra for which you need a minimum 10-12 days by surface.
Ques: Why is Uttarkashi famous?
Ans: Uttarkashi is usually known as a holy town which is situated close to Rishikesh. It is also known as the "Kashi of North". This town is also located along River Ganges and has a ghat named Manikarnika similar to Varanasi. You can enjoy adventure activities such as rock climbing, trekking, fishing and angling lovers. Apart from this, you can explore Govind Wildlife Sanctuary, Vishwanath Temple, Shakti Temple, Maneri and Dodital.
Ques: What is the best time to visit Uttarkashi?
Ans:The best time to visit Uttarkashi is from May to September. During these months the weather remains favorable for the excursion.
Ques: What are the other important places around Uttarkashi?
Ans:Uttarkashi is most important tourist places of Chardham yartra. The other tourist places around Uttarkashi are given below.
- Yamunotri Temple
- Gangotri Dham
- Kedarnath Temple
- Badrinath Temple
Ques: Which is the railway station to reach Uttarkashi by train?
Ans: Dehradun is the nearest Railway station which is 145 Kms and it will take 5 hrs to reach here. Haridwar Junction railway station is 188 Kms away from Uttarkashi.
Ques: Is there an airport in Uttarkashi?
Ans:The nearest domestic airport from Uttarkashi is Dehradun Jolly Grant Airport which is 170 km and it will take 6 hrs to reach here. You can take a flight from Delhi, Mumbai, Bangalore, Kolkata etc to Dehradun.
Ques: What are the top hotels in Uttarkashi?
Ans:Uttarkashi is small town and there is few budget hotels are available.
- Hotel Neelkanth
- Shivlinga Resort
- Jahnavi Hotel
- The Great Ganga
Ques: What are the nearest cities from where you can travel to Uttarkashi?
Ans:The nearest cities from where you can travel to Uttarkashi such as Dehradun, Haridwar, kedarnath, Gangorti:
- Dehradun: Dehradun is at 170 km from Uttarkashi and you can easily drive from Uttarkashi to Dehradun in 6hrs.
- Kedarnath: Kedarnath is one of the twelve Jyotirlingas of Lord Shiva.It is at 60 km from Uttarkashi. In Kedarnath, you can visit Kedarnath Temple, Tungnath and Chandrashila Trek, Sonprayag, Vasuki Tal, Bhairavath Temple.
- Gangotri: Gangotri is one of the most sacred places in Chardham. It is at 100 km away from Uttarkashi.
- Yamunotri: Yamunotri is one of the four places of Chardham Yatra. It is at 35 km away from Uttarkashi. You can explore Jankichatti, Surya Kund, Hanumanchatti, and Shani Dev Temple.
- Haridwar: Haridwar is at 190 km from Uttarkashi and it will take 6 hrs to reach here. Haridwar is located in the bank of River Ganges and it is known gateway of God. You can visit Har ki Pauri, Ganga Aarti, Mansa Devi Temple.