River rafting in Rishikesh is a perfect activity for those wishing to have fun and looking forward to satiating their adrenaline-loving soul. Besides being an important place for pilgrims, Rishikesh attracts a massive number of adventure seekers from all over the world.
Whether you are a family, a couple, a group of friends, or a solo traveler, river rafting in Rishikesh can be enjoyed by all age groups. Many authorized river rafting instructors and experts in Rishikesh make rafting adventures safe, enjoyable, and memorable.
For the best rafting experience, you can opt for camping in Rishikesh. Many camps in Rishikesh are set up on the riverside that organize rafting expeditions for their guests. And do not worry if you are a beginner or a non-swimmer, as you will be provided with the necessary equipment to ensure your safety throughout the rafting. Also, the instructors are always there to help. You can add river rafting activity to Rishikesh tour packages and enjoy your vacations. You can contact us for more information and book a tour with us!
Everything You Must Know Before Heading for River Rafting in Rishikesh
Popular River Rafting Points in Rishikesh with Distance
There are multiple spots where you can start your river rafting expedition in Rishikesh. You can choose them as per their grade level, distance, and duration during river rafting in Rishikesh. If you are an adventure lover, you can select the grade level as per your preference and expertise.
1. From Brahmapuri to Ram Jhula
|Duration||1 - 2 hours|
|River Rapid Category||Grade I-II|
|Cost||INR 600 per person (approx.)|
|Best Time||Mid September/August to June|
This is the shortest and easiest river rafting route in Rishikesh that starts from Brahmpuri and terminates at Ram Jhula. If you are a beginner, choose this river rafting tour. Whether you are with family, a group of friends, or are a solo traveler, it is the best choice for you if you are a non-swimmer or a beginner. Kids and older people can enjoy this rafting route from Brahmpuri to Rishikesh.
2. From Shivpuri to Rishikesh
|Duration||2 - 3 hours|
|River Rapid Category||Grade II-III|
|Cost||INR 1000 per person (approx.)|
|Best Time||October to June|
River rafting from Shivpuri to Rishikesh begins in mid-October and ends in June. This route covers some of the most exciting rapids, giving you the ultimate adrenaline rush. It is not so costly and can be enjoyed by adventure enthusiasts on a budget. The best part is that many beach camps in Shivpuri also provide river rafting activities in Rishikesh as a part of their camping packages.
3. From Marine Drive to Rishikesh
|Duration||3 - 4 hours|
|River Rapid Category||Grade II-III|
|Cost||INR 1500 per person (approx.)|
|Best Time||October to May|
Starting from Marine Drive and ending at Lakshman Jhula, Marine Drive to Lakshman Jhula is one of the best points for river rafting in Rishikesh. So, if you plan an outing with your colleagues, book Rishikesh adventure toursand enjoy river rafting. You can also enjoy cliff jumping during this rafting journey and some rapids like The Wall, Golf Course, Clubhouse, Double Trouble, and Initiation.
4. From Kaudiyala to Rishikesh
|Duration||4 -5 hours|
|River Rapid Category||Grade III-IV|
|Cost||INR 2500 per person (approx.)|
|Best Time||Mid October to Mid May|
With a distance of 35 km and a duration of 4 to 5 hours, Kaudiyala to Rishikesh is the most challenging river rafting route in Rishikesh. There are 13 rapids in this route that are of Grade III and IV and will surely put your strength and stamina to the test. The waves are quite high and irregular, and thus, this route is only meant for expert and well-trained rafters.
Why should you go river rafting in Rishikesh?
If you are an adventure seeker and want to experience river rafting, then Rishikesh is one of the best places for river rafting in India. This adventure activity will provide you with the ultimate adrenaline rush. Here are some reasons why you should go river rafting in Rishikesh -
It gives you time away from the bustling city life and helps you get closer to nature.
You can witness picturesque views and experience terrific adventures.
- If you are afraid of water (many people are not alone), you can overcome your fears. It will be a tremendous mental booster.
Best time for River Rafting in Rishikesh
The Rishikesh rafting season begins in September and remains till June. The weather is pleasant, the flow of the River Ganges is also great, and thus, you can have the best rafting experience. The best time for white water rafting in Rishikesh is November to March when the weather remains comfortable for this outdoor activity.
River Rafting in Rishikesh Tips
Rafting is an adventurous activity and you must take necessary safety precautions to keep yourself safe. While rafting in Rishikesh, here are some do’s and don’ts you must keep in mind to enjoy rafting safely -
- Wear light and quick-drying clothes. Carry a change of clothes that will be required after the sport.
- Wear a life jacket while going rafting in Rishikesh and make sure to check if you are buckled properly.
- The helmet is mandatory, along with other safety equipment.
- Wear a comfortable pair of shoes and not slippers or flip-flops.
- Follow the instructions as given by your instructor.
- Paddle with the team, keep calm, and do not panic.
- During the rafting, do not stand up. You can get disbalances and fall in the water.
- Do not drink and go rafting. It will be harmful to you and your team members.
- Cotton clothes in summer while rafting in Rishikesh are a big no! During winters, wetsuits can keep you dry.
- If you see any tree branches in the river, avoid them, and take on a different path.
- Do not go river rafting if you are pregnant, asthmatic, or a heart patient.
- If you have any injuries, bone fractures, or medical complications, avoid Rishikesh river rafting.
Things to pack for River Rafting in Rishikesh
- Swimming goggles to protect your eyes.
- Sunscreen lotion to avoid sunburn.
- Antiseptic cream.
- Bathing suits or shorts, and t-shirts.
- Towel and quick-drying garments.
- Ziplock bag to keep wet clothes and electronic devices.
- Warm clothes in winter.
- Energy drinks/bars.
- Waterproof camera/bag.
- Mosquito repellant to avoid infections.