Rishikesh other than pilgrims from around the world is able to pull massive number of adventure-enthusiasts. And since it is settled on the banks of Ganges, the scope of river rafting here is immense. This river is ideal for beginners and for experts, and to make this better there are various tour operators that are there to guide you and provide the gears to try river-rafting in Rishikesh. Children under the age of 12 years are not allowed. Timings of the trips depend on the season however mostly the first trip leaves at 8:00 AM. Options for the trips include- Brahmpuri (9km), Shivpuri (16 km), Marine Drive (25 km) and Kaudiyala (36 km), among others.
There are various packages you can select from if you want to try other adventure sports in uttarakhand, with nandights spent in the camps.
River Rafting Starting Points and Distances
Rafting from Brahmpuri
- River Rapid Category - Grade I
- Rafting Distance - 8-9 km
- Rafting Time - 2 to 2.5 hours
Rafting from Shivpuri
- River Rapid Category - Grade I & II
- Rafting Distance - 16
- Rafting Time - 3 to 3.5 hours
Rafting from Marine Drive
- River Rapid Category - Grade I, II & III
- Rafting Distance - 24-25 km
- Rafting Time - 4.5 to 5 hours
Rafting from Kaudiyala
- River Rapid Category - Grade I, II, III & IV
- Rafting Distance - 36 km
- Rafting Time - 8 to 9 hours
When is the Best Time to Go for Rafting Adventure in Rishikesh?
Ganga River rafting in Rishikesh welcomes you between the months of February and June and again from September to Mid-December.
Best time for River Rafting
- Brahmpuri: Mid-September to June-end
- Shivpuri: September to Early June
- Marine Drive: October to Late June
- Kaudiyala: Mid-October to May First week
River rafting safety to ensure a safe and blissful adventure:
- Prepare beforehand
- Techniques & skills
- Choose age-appropriate rafting trips
- Listen to what the guide says
- Don't forget to take along necessary medication