Located around 12 kilometers from Alwar district of Rajasthan, Kesroli is a famous village that sits atop the rare & dark hornstone breccias rocks and commands spectacular views from its ramparts. Kesroli serves as an ideal base to visit the neighboring palaces, museums and sanctuaries of Alwar and Sariska. Situated in the middle of the village, is the Kesroli Fort, which is a main attraction of the place. The 14th century Kesroli Fort is believed to be built by the Yaduvanshi Rajputs and rose up to 150-200 feet height. It is one of the oldest heritage sites in Rajasthan. Kesroli village is a good option for zoologist and ornithologist amateur who want to discover the wildlife of India.
How to Reach Kesroli from Delhi
The nearest railway station is Alwar, which is located around 12 kilometers from Kesroli. From here onwards, you’ll have to take a bus to reach Kesroli.
The Delhi-Sohna-Alwar road is the closest to Sawai Madhopur and takes around 2 to 3 hours via car or taxi cab.
Hotels in Kesroli
Attractions in Kesroli
Hill Fort Kesroli
The Hill Fort Kesroli is a 14th century fort located in Alwar, Rajasthan. It was built 6 centuries back by the Yaduvanshi Rajputs, who are said to be the descendants of Lord Krishna. In the middle of the 14th century, they converted themselves to Islam and came to be known as Khanzadas. Over the centuries, the seven-turreted fort has changed hands many times. It has been conquered by the Mughals, Jats and finally taken over by the Rajputs in 1775. Of late, it has been acquired by Wing Commander Mangal Singh of Neemrana Hotels on lease.
Sariska Tiger Reserve
Located in the Alwar district of the Rajasthan state, Sariska Tiger Reserve is one of the most popular national parks in Rajasthan. The total coverage area is around 866 kilometers. This national park is home to a range of wildlife species such as Royal Bengal Tiger, wild boar, langur, caracal, Sambhar and Chital. Besides, this national park has a number of sites such as the Garh Rajor Temple and the Neelkanth Temple.
Siliserh Lake Palace
Located 13 kilometer South-West of Alwar, Siliserh Lake Palace was built by Maharaja Vinay Singh in 1845 for his wife. It has now been converted into a hotel and a perfect stopover for people travelling to Sariska Tiger Reserve.