If the temperature is rising in your city and you are looking for places to visit in Uttarakhand in summers with family then you are at the perfect place, we have just the list for you.
Uttarakhand is an amazing destination to spend summer vacations. It provides respite from the scorching heat of summers. Blessed with lush forests, sprawling meadows, soothing weather, gushing rivers, glistening streams, and gurgling waterfalls, Uttarakhand is an ideal retreat in summer. There are a plethora of heaven-like destinations in this popular state that serves as ideal vacation spot.
List of 15 Famous Tourist Places in Uttrakhand in Summer with Family
Here are the popular places to visit in Uttarakhand in Summer with family where you can spend quality time with your loved one amidst the serene nature.
Nestled at an altitude of 2,286 m above sea level, Dhanaulti is settled at a unique location away from the hustle-bustle. Encompassed by lofty mountain peaks in the Tehri region of Garhwal, Dhanaulti is among the best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family in summer due to its pleasant weather. This quaint hill town is perfect for those who wish to relax and unwind amidst nature.
- Tourist attractions in Dhanaulti: Adventure Park, Eco Park, Tehri Dam, Deogarh Fort, Kanatal Adventure Camp, Dashavatar Temple
- Things to do in Dhanaulti with Family: Trekking, camping, nature walk, sky walking, sky bridging
- How to reach Dhanaulti: Dehradun railway station is the nearest railhead (35 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the primary airport that serves Dhanaulti (50 km) To know more about how to reach Dhanaulti click here!
Popularly known as the ‘City of Lakes’, Nainital is situated on the bank of Naini Lake in the Kumaon region. Cradled in the arms of the lofty peaks, Nainital experiences moderate weather due to which it is an ideal place to visit in May & June in Uttarakhand with family.
This charming hill station has retained the old-world charm and is dotted with the colonial structures that enhance the beauty of this place. It is a perfect weekend getaway for the tourists of Delhi and nearby places.
- Tourist attractions in Nainital: Naini Lake, Tiffin Top, Snow View Point, High Altitude Zoo, Eco Garden, Naina Devi Temple
- Things to do in Nainital with family in Summer: Boat ride, cable car ride, trekking, horse ride, speed boating
- How to reach Nainital: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (35 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the primary airport that serves Nainital (65 km). To know more details how to reach Nainital.
Spend a relaxing weekend with family in Nainital with our customizable tour packages.
Before you visit, here are important things to know about Nainital:
- Top 12 Things To Do In Nainital with family in Summer
- 10 Best Hotels in Nainital Near Mall Road For A Memorable Stay
A quaint hill station located amidst the snow-clad Himalayas and renowned for its scenic splendors, Kausani is nestled at an altitude of 1,890 m above sea level in the Bageshwar district. It offers a 300-km wide view of mighty Himalayan peaks like Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli. Kausani is a paradise for nature lovers and one of the best tourist places to visit in Uttarakhand in summer 2023 with family.
- Tourist attractions in Kausani: Rudradhari Falls and Caves, Baijnath Temple, Gwaldam, Kausani Tea Estate, Pinnath, Sumitranandan Pant Museum, Stargate Observatory
- Things to do in Kausani with family: Trek to Pinnath, camping, hike, observe celestial objects in Stargate Observatory
- How to reach Kausani: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (135 km). Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (165 km)
With the backdrop of the mighty Himalayas, Mussoorie is the erstwhile summer capital of British India. Nestled at an altitude of 7,000 feet above sea level in the lap of the Shivalik range, this colonial hill resort is dotted with architectural marvels.
The British remnants in the city enhance the charm of this popular tourist destination of Uttarakhand. The pristine scenic beauty and calm surroundings provide moments of utmost serenity.
- Tourist attractions in Mussoorie: Lal Tibba, Gun Hill, Lake Mist, Kempty Fall, Landour, Bhatta Falls, Company Garden, Mall Road, Jharipani Falls
- Things to do in Mussoorie with family in Summer: Trekking, camping, paragliding, rappelling, rock climbing, boating, fishing
- How to reach Mussoorie: Dehradun railway station is the nearest railhead (35 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (60 km). To know more details about how to reach Mussoorie. Click Here!
- 12 Reasons to Plan Your Summer Holiday in Mussoorie with family
- Famous Places to visit in Mussoorie with Family for 3 Day Trip
A beautiful yet lesser-explored hill station of Uttarakhand, Lansdowne is situated at an altitude of 5,840 feet amidst thick oak and pine forest. Founded by a military garrison under British rule, this quaint hill town is an ideal place to visit in Uttarakhand in July with family. It is a heaven for bird watchers, adventure enthusiasts, and nature lovers.
- Tourist attractions in Lansdowne: Bhulla Lake, Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple, Tip N Top, St. John Church, Snow Viewpoint and Hawaghar
- Things to do in Lansdowne in Summer: Boat ride, trekking, camping
- How to reach Lansdowne: Dehradun railway station is the nearest railhead (35 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (60 km).
One of the most beautiful hill stations in Uttarakhand, Ranikhet is tucked away in the picturesque Kumaon Himalayas. The name of this small hilly town translates to ‘Queen’s meadow’, fringed by lofty mountains and dense forests.
Offering breathtaking views of the Nanda Devi peak and retaining the colonial-era charm, Ranikhet is blessed with immense natural beauty, which makes it a popular tourist destination for families in summer. The peaceful environment soothes a city dweller’s nerves.
- Tourist attractions in Ranikhet: Majhkhali, Bhalu Dam, Chaubatia Orchards, Dwarahat, Golf Course, Haidakhan Babaji Temple, Kumaon Regimental Centre Museum, Katarmal Sun Temple
- Things to do in Ranikhet in summer with family: Golfing, nature walks, camping, zorbing, zip-lining, fishing, trekking, paragliding
- How to reach Ranikhet: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (74 km). Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (109 km).
Plan a trip to Ranikhet with our well-crafted tour packages. Contact today!
Situated at an altitude of 2,800 m above sea level, Auli is a popular skiing destination in India. Glittering slopes, snow-draped mountains, and coniferous forests enhance the charm of this beautiful hill town. Home to the mountain ranges of Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat mountains, Auli is blessed with lush and flower-carpeted meadows in summer.
The pleasant weather makes it the best destination in Uttarakhand for the summer holidays. The sapphire blue lake is the main attraction of this idyllic hill town, which is one of the highest man-made lakes in the world.
- Tourist attractions in Auli: Auli Lake, Trishul Peak, Joshimath, Gurso Bugyal, Rudraprayag, Chenab Lake
- Things to do in Auli: Skiing, trekking, camping, cable car ride
- How to reach Auli: Rishikesh railway station is the nearest railhead (234 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (189 km)
Erstwhile summer home to Chand kings, Binsar is a picturesque town located amidst the Kumaon Himalayas. Perched at an altitude of 2,420 m above sea level, this beautiful destination is a perfect destination for summer vacations in Uttarakhand with kids, especially for wildlife lovers and families. Snow-laden Himalayan peaks, lush green meadows, and dense forest add charm to the surreal beauty of this small hill town.
- Tourist attractions in Binsar: Binsar Wildlife Sanctuary, Bineshwar Mahadev Temple, Kasar Devi Temple, Zero Point, Golu Devta Temple
- Things to do in Binsar: Trekking, camping, bird watching, photography, wildlife spotting, nature walk
- How to reach Binsar: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (105 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (139 km)
Explore the best of Devbhoomi. Avail tailor-made Uttarakhand packages from Indian Holiday.
Renowned as ‘Mini Kashmir’, Munsiyari is a tiny hamlet that is a base for three glaciers namely Namik, Milam, and Ralam. It is situated at an altitude of 2,298 m above sea level and on the bank of River Goriganga. Munsiyari is a scenic village with amazing weather throughout the year.
With the breathtaking backdrop of Panchachuli, Nanda Devi, and Nanda Kot, Munsiyari is the best place to visit in Uttarakhand in summer with family 2023. This petite destination is no less than a fairyland in summer and serves as a perfect respite from the heat of the plains of India.
- Tourist attractions in Munsiyari: Birthi Falls, Maheshwari Kund, Kalamuni Top, Thamari Kund, Khaliya Top, and Nanda Devi Temple
- Things to do in Munsiyari: River rafting, trekking, camping, skiing, bird watching
- How to reach Munsiyari: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (275 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (370 km).
This lake city is located at an altitude of 1,370 m above sea level. Bhimtal is named after Bhima, the mythological character of the epic Mahabharata. Hub of numerous adventure activities, Bhimtal is among the best places to visit with family in Uttarakhand. Surrounded by a dense forest of oak, pine, and deodar trees, this enchanting hill town is an idyllic and less-crowded tourist destination. It is an ideal weekend getaway from Delhi and nearby towns.
- Tourist attractions in Bhimtal: Hanuman Garhi, Bhimtal Lake, Aquarium of Bhimtal Island, Victoria Dam, Bhimeshwar Mahadev Temple
- Things to do in Bhimtal: Fishing, boating, camping, stargazing, hiking, horse riding
- How to reach Bhimtal: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (21 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (58 km).
Perched at an elevation of 2,620 m above sea level, Harsil is located in the lap of the Himalayas on the bank of the Bhagirathi River and is encompassed by dense deodar trees. This quaint hill town boasts the gurgling river, scenic vistas, lush greenery, and sparkling streams.
Harsil is one of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family during summer and a perfect place for nature lovers. This secluded hill station is home to several adventure trekking routes and offers a rejuvenating experience, which offers an impeccable traveling experience.
- Tourist attractions in Harsil: Dharali, Mukhwas Village, Sattal, Gangnani, Gangotri Temple
- Things to do in Harsil: Trekking, bird watching, taking a dip in hot water springs, nature walk
- How to reach Harsil: Rishikesh railway station is the nearest railhead (235 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (234 km).
Book Uttarakhand Tour Packages From
Blessed with the scenic beauty of the Himalayas, Pithoragarh is a fascinating hill town of Uttarakhand and among the best places to visit with family in summer 2023. This is a popular stopover for pilgrims on their way to Kailash Mansarovar Yatra. Bounded by Nepal in the east and Tibet in the north, Pithoragarh is dotted with ancient temples, a majestic fort, a lush green forest, and tiny hamlets.
- Tourist attractions in Pithoragarh: Dharali, Mukhwas Village, Sattal, Gangnani, Gangotri Temple
- Things to do in Pithoragarh with family: Fishing, trekking, paragliding, river rafting
- How to reach Pithoragarh: Tanakpur railway station is the nearest railhead (147 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (240 km).
Located in the proximity of a major tourist destination and a popular weekend getaway from Delhi, Kanatal is a paradise for those who seek peace and solitude. Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas and amidst the lush green forests, Kanatal is dotted with ancient temples, apple orchards, and deep valleys.
This quaint hamlet is a perfect place to experience mystical magic and an amazing hill station to visit in summer 2023 with family. There are a plethora of activities that tourists can enjoy including relaxing and unwinding amidst nature.
- Tourist attractions in Kanatal: Surkanda Devi Temple, Tehri Lake, Kodia Forest, New Tehri, Eco Park
- Things to do in Kanatal: Boating, camping, trekking, bird watching, river rafting
- How to reach Kanatal: Rishikesh railway station is the nearest railhead (78 km)
Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (81 km).
Renowned for its alluring charm, Almora is a perfect escape from the hustle-bustle and rejuvenate amidst serene nature. Cradled in the lap of the Himalayas, this quaint tiny hamlet boasts of rich colonial heritage and architectural marvels. This is one of the coldest places to visit in Uttarakhand in June 2023 with family & friends and an amazing refuge from the scorching heat of the plains.
- Tourist attractions in Almora: Zero Point, Jageshwar Dham, Chitai Golu Devta Temple, Dunagiri, Kasar Devi, Jalna, Bright End Corner, Katarmal Sun Temple
- Things to do in Almora with family: Camping, trekking, bird watching, hiking, spotting wildlife species, shopping
- How to reach Almora: Kathgodam railway station is the nearest railhead (82 km)
Pantnagar Airport is the nearest airport (116 km).
Nestled in the Doon Valley in the foothills of the Himalayas, Dehradun is the capital of Uttarakhand. With the scenic backdrop of the Garhwal Himalayas, Dehradun boasts of caves, waterfalls, monasteries, and natural springs.
The lovely landscapes and salubrious weather make it a popular tourist place to visit with family in summer 2023 in Uttarakhand. It is an amazing place to soak in the beautiful sunset amidst the serene nature and delight in the Himalayan vistas while sipping a hot coffee/tea from your balcony.
- Tourist attractions in Dehradun: Robber’s Cave, Tapkeshwar Temple, Sahastradhara, Lacchiwalla, Forest Research Institute
- Things to do in Dehradun with family: Trekking, bird watching, swimming, picnic
- How to reach Dehradun: Dehradun railway station is the primary railhead that serves the city.
Jolly Grant Airport is the primary airport that serves Dehradun. (25 km).
Now, you have the list of best places to visit in Uttarakhand in summer along with things to do and how to reach there. All you have to do is to pack your bag and leave for the mountains with your loved ones. Do not forget to add these places to your itinerary and let us know which one you chose!
Also, do not forget to share your Uttarakhand trip experiences with us!
- 18 Best Places to Visit in Sikkim in Summers 2023
- 12 Most Beautiful Offbeat Places in Uttarakhand
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Himachal Pradesh with Family in Summer
- 10 Reasons Why You Should Plan Your Summer Holiday in Gulmarg
- Best Places in the Himalayas for Memorable Summer Vacations in India in 2023
- 15 Most Popular Tourist Places In South India During Summer
- Things to Do in India in Summer with family
- Best Hill Stations in India for Summer Holidays with Family
- Best Summer Holiday Destinations for Family Vacations
- Top 10 Summer Holiday Destinations in North India
Faqs - Places to Visit in Uttarakhand in Summer with Family
Q. When is the summer season in Uttarakhand? +-
Ans: Summer season in Uttarakhand spans from April to June. The temperature in summers varies from 20°C to 35°C. Tourists can plan a visit with their family, friends, partner, or solo as the weather is pleasant and perfect for sightseeing and activities.
Q. Is it safe to go to Uttarakhand in the 2022 summer vacation with family? +-
Ans: Yes, it is completely safe for tourists to visit Uttarakhand in summer with family. However, COVID-19 safety measures must be followed and health conditions must be taken into consideration before planning the trip.
Q. What are the best things to do in Uttarakhand with family & kids in summer? +-
Ans: Some of the best things to do in Uttarakhand with family and kids in summer are trekking, camping, boat ride, horse ride, speed boating, hiking, paragliding, rappelling, rock climbing, fishing, golfing, zip-lining, zorbing, cable car ride, and wildlife spotting.
Q. Which are the best summer treks in Uttarakhand with family? +-
The best summer treks in Uttarakhand with family are -
- Chopta Tungnath Chandrashila Trek
- Har Ki Dun Trek
- Nanda Devi Base Camp Trek
- Gangotri Gomukh Trek
- Roopkund Lake Trek
- Kuari Pass Trek
- Mt Shivling Trek
- Adi Kailash & Om Parvat
- Dayara Bugyal Trek
- Rupin Pass Trek
- Kedartal Trek
- Panch Kedar Trek
- Bali Pass Trek
- Panwali Kanth Trek
- Auden’s Col Trek
- Kalindi Khal Trek
- Satopanth Lake Trek
- Garuda Peak Climbing Trek
- Milam Glacier Trek Trek
- Bagini Glacier Trek
- Mt Meru Base Camp Trek
Q. What are the best hill stations to visit in Uttarakhand in summer? +-
Ans: The best hill stations to visit in Uttarakhand in summer are Nainital, Mussoorie, Chakrata, Lansdowne, Harsil, Chopta, Munsiyari, Tehri, Almora, and Kausani.
Q. Can I do the Valley of Flower trek in Uttarakhand in summer? +-
Ans: Yes, you can do the Valley of Flower trek in Uttarakhand in summer. The summer months from July to August are the best time to go trekking here as the rest of the year is covered in snow. You have to trek for 14 km from Govindghat until Ghangaria for 8-10 hours.
Q. Can I go hiking with my family in Uttarakhand in summer? +-
Ans: Yes, you can go hiking with your family in Uttarakhand in summer. Some popular hiking spots in Uttarakhand include Nainital, Munsiyari, Rishikesh, Kedarnath, Auli, Yamunotri, Valley of Flowers, Nanda Devi National Park, Chorabari Tal, Tungnath, and Hemkund Sahib.
Q. How much does it cost to plan a summer holiday in Uttarakhand with family? +-
Ans: The cost to plan a summer holiday in Uttarakhand with family is around INR 5000-INR 12000. It depends upon the factors like number of people, the destinations you want to cover, the flight/bus/train tickets, activities you do, and the number of days you spend.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in June? +-
Ans: The best places to visit in Uttarakhand in June are Bhimtal, Almora, Kausani, and Binsar. Both young ones and adults can enjoy these places. Also, Uttarkashi and Mukteshwar are great places to go for elderly people.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in July with family? +-
Ans: All the locations i.e. Kedarnath, Badrinath, Gangotri, and Yamunotri of the Char Dham Yatra from Haridwar are some of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family in July. Also, Uttarakhand in July can be avoided as it’s prone to landslides. However, you can visit Landour, Mussoorie, or Lansdowne in monsoons.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in April? +-
Ans: Nainital, Mussoorie, Dehradun, Auli, Bhimtal, and Naukuchiatal are some of the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in April. Nainital Lake (Nainital), Bhatta fall & Kempty fall, Company Garden (Mussoorie), Malsi Deer Park (Dehradun), Artificial Lake, Ropeway ride (Auli), and Bhimtal Lake (Bhimtal) are the famous attractions at each of these places.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in April with family? +-
Ans: The best tourist places to visit in Uttarakhand with family in April are Mukteshwar, Ranikhet, Kausani, and Lansdowne. The weather is quite pleasant at these places, which makes activities and sightseeing a better experience.
Q. Which are the best places to visit with kids in Uttarakhand in summer? +-
Ans: Some of the best places to visit with kids in Uttarakhand in summer are Tiffin Top in Nainital, Lal Tibba Scenic Point in Mussoorie, Askot Sanctuary in Pithoragarh, Dhanaulti Adventure Park in Dhanaulti, Tehri Dam in Kanatal, and Laxman Jhula in Rishikesh.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in May with family? +-
Ans: The best places to visit in Uttarakhand with kids & family in May are Auli, Chopta, Chamoli, Binsar, Chaukori, Ranikhet, Khirsu, and Munsiyari. The pleasant weather and greenery all around will make your family holiday in Uttarakhand a memorable one.
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Uttarakhand in June with family? +-
Ans: The best places to visit in Uttarakhand with family in June are Jim Corbett National Park, Valley of Flowers, Ranikhet, Mussoorie, Rishikesh, and Haridwar. The rain showers make these places in Uttarakhand worth your visit.