Vaishno Devi is the holy abode of Mata Vaishno Devi who is the manifestation of Hindu Goddess Mother Durga. The cave temple of Vaishno Devi is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites in India and among the 108 Shakti Peetha dedicated to Goddess Durga.
This is the second most visited shrine in the country where you can reach by various modes. Perched on the Trikuta Hills in Katra, Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine is situated 12 km away from the base.
You can trek to the temple or go for the most convenient option, which is to book a battery car from Katra to Vaishno Devi. The electric vehicle runs for Vaishno Devi and it can be booked in two modes – online and offline.
Online Booking of Battery Car from Katra to Vaishno Devi
The online ticket for the battery car can be booked through the official website of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board: https://batterycar.maavaishnodevi.org/. There are two routes for battery cars: Ardhkuwari to Vaishno Devi Bhawan and Vaishno Devi Bhawan to Ardhkuwari. You can book tickets for both sides online mode.
Battery Car Price for Vaishno Devi
|Route||Fare for Adults (above 5 years)||Fare for Kids|
|Ardhkuwari to Bhawan||INR 300 + INR 54 (GST) = INR 354||Free up to 5 years (maximum of 2 infants/ children allowed in a single ticket)|
|Bhawan to Ardhkuwari||INR 200 + INR 36 (GST) = INR 236||Free up to 5 years (maximum of 2 infants/ children allowed in a single ticket)|
Timings of Battery Car for Vaishno Devi
There are fixed timings for battery cars for Vaishno Devi from Ardhkuwari and Bhawan. It starts in the morning and runs at the regular interval till evening. Here is the timetable of the battery car:
|Timings of Battery Car from Ardhkuwari and Bhawan*|
|8:00 AM to 8:10 AM|
|10:30 AM to 10:40 PM|
|1:30 PM to 1:40 PM|
|3:30 PM to 3:40 PM|
|5:30 PM to 5:40 PM|
|7:30 PM to 7:40 PM|
|10 PM to 10:10 PM|
‘*’ – The timing of the battery car is subject to change. Kindly confirm the helpline number of the Shrine Board.
How to book the online ticket for a battery car for Vaishno Devi?
- Visit the official website of the Shrine Board and sign in to make your official account.
- After logging in your details, click on ‘online battery car booking’ to book the battery car ticket for Vaishno Devi.
- Choose among the two routes for which you are booking a ticket: from Ardhkuwari to Bhawan or Bhawan to Ardhkuwari.
- Also, choose the number of passengers and reservation date. Check the availability of the tickets on that particular date.
- On the new window, you will get to see the time slots, availability of the seats, and fare. Click on the ‘Book Now’.
- Mention the details of the passengers, their ID card type, ID number, and contact number.
- After completing all the information, verify the details, and proceed with the payment.
For more information about How to Book a Battery Car or Vaishno Devi tour, contact Indian Holiday today.
Important Things to Remember for Online Battery Car Booking of Vaishno Devi:
The online booking of a battery car on the official website of Shrine Board can be done a maximum of 60 days and a minimum of 04 days in advance from the date of journey. The online booking opens exactly 60 days in advance at 10 AM hours.
- The passenger must carry the credit or debit card in original from which the transaction has been made without which the reservation and boarding will be denied without any refund.
- The online battery car ticket can be canceled through online mode only and the facility of which is available on the official website.
- While cancellation, 70% of the amount (excluding taxes) shall be refunded. The cancellation can be made up to (and not after) 02 days before the scheduled date of travel.
- All passengers are required to carry an original valid Photo ID and Address Proof without which boarding will be denied. Passport/ Driving License/ Voters ID/ PAN card or Credit Card with Photo.
- A maximum of 03 nos. of Battery Car seats can be booked from one account and credit/ debit card in a calendar month.
- In case of bad weather or technical reason, the passengers are requested to submit their online Battery Car Ticket in person to the concerned Battery Car operator against proper receipt for the online refund.
- An Ultimate Guide of Maa Vaishno Devi Yatra
- An Ultimate Guide of Mata Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tour
- 3 Pindis in Vaishno Devi: Legends and Religious Significance
How to book the offline ticket for the battery car for Vaishno Devi?
- There are two counters to book the offline battery car ticket for Vaishno Devi where you have to go in person to reserve the ticket.
- On the way to Mata Vaishno Devi Bhawan, the ticket counter is located on the new route that separates from the oldest route just before Ardhkuwari where ponies are not allowed. The ticket counter is situated on the left side and you can buy the ticket from Ardhkuwari to Vaishno Devi Bhawan.
- The return ticket that is from Vaishno Devi Bhawan to Ardhkuwari can be booked from the ticket counter situated outside Manokamna Bhawan.
Important Things to Remember for Offline Battery Car Booking of Vaishno Devi:
- A maximum of 02 tickets can be bought by one person at a time.
- The offline battery tickets are non-refundable.
- There are specific timing slots for the opening of counters and you can book the ticket during that duration only.
- The ticket sales are based on a first come first serve basis.
With us, you can book Mata Vaishno tour packages that are customizable. You can modify the itinerary according to your requirements. Contact our travel experts for more information to embark on a holy sojourn to the Vaishno Devi pilgrimage site. Explore Popular Mata Vaishno Devi Package