Top 7 Markets of Delhi for Shopaholics
For shopping lovers, Delhi is the destination that is most sought-after due to the vibrant markets. Delhi, in fact is widely appreciated for its colorful markets and handicrafts that are sourced from different regions of the country. So, here is the list of top 7 vibrant markets of Delhi, where you will not only enjoy shopping but get some of the amazing stuff.
1. Dilli Haat: This is the huge market of Delhi, where you could enjoy the ethnic ambiance that is enhanced with the small thatched roof cottages. These, therefore, create the ambiance of a village. Here you could find a huge gamut of handicrafts, representing the uniqueness of different regions of India. Here you may also enjoy tasting some of the delectable delicacies and music and cultural programs. All this is requires a very nominal charge that would be asked as the entry free. This market is perfect to buy Indian handicrafts and artifacts.
2. Janpath and Tibetan Market: This is one of the liveliest and popular markets of Delhi. Here, there is one or the other things for everyone. The goods are from various regions of India and from Tibet. Thus, the commodities sold here are worth to be purchased. But make sure you have excellent bargaining skills to shop here. You may buy a huge array of products ranging from hippy clothing to cheap jewelry, leather work, Indian artifacts, brassware, paintings, shoes, handicrafts, etc.
3. Khan Market: This small, U-shaped market is very popular due to the classy range of goods available for the shoppers. This place is simply void of the bargain and thus could be a disheartening place for the bargain hunters. Along with interesting book shops, you will also find great lounges to spend quality time. Except Sunday, you may visit here to shop for some of the interesting books, branded and tailored clothes, cosmetics, Ayurvedic food, beautiful lamps, etc.
4. Paharganj: This is one of the best market for the bargain hunters. Here, you will also find shops that deal in wholesaling and exporting of goods. The shoppers are for sure going to love inexpensive yet quality good here. If you need to buy clothes, jewelry, shoes, books, textiles, music, handicrafts, incense, hookah pipes, etc., this is the place of your interest in Delhi.
5. Chandni Chowk: Along with an amazing shopping experience, Chandni Chowk is a place to add adventure to your shopping. There are various old shops that are highly popular for exclusive dress materials. For the food lovers, the market also has numerous eateries. To buy some of the best collection for yourself, head to Chandni Chowk. Except Sundays, you can visit here to buy fabrics, jewelry, and electronic commodities.
6. Sarojini Nagar: If you want to purchase designer clothes at a considerably reasonable price, Sarojini Nagar market is the place to see in Delhi. This market is popular for all kinds of branded goods that have either been rejected from export, or small manufacturing defect, or due to surplus production. You may visit here on any day, except Mondays, to purchase some of the branded clothes, fashion accessories, shoes, etc.
7. Lajpat Nagar: The Central Market of Lajpat Nagar is a place where you would find the glimpses of rich Indian culture. This is the sought-after market place for middle class Indian shoppers. Along with roadside stalls, you may also spot some of the showrooms to shop some of the amazing clothes. You will also spot some Mehendiwalas and get some of the beautiful designs on your hands. The market is open all days except Mondays. You may shop here for Indian clothing, accessories, bags, shoes, and home furnishings.