If someone says they have not dreamt of visiting Switzerland for a good amount of their childhood, they are probably lying!
The 90’s kids have grown up watching DDLJ, the longest-running Shah Rukh film. It’s iconic! And a good chunk of the movie and songs are shot in the most beautiful parts of Switzerland. So, if you wish to pursue your dream of exploring the jaw-dropping locales and feel like a Bollywood star, we’ve put together the list of best places to visit in Switzerland.
Visit this dreamlike country in Europe and discover the prettiest locales. Relish the Swiss cheese & chocolates, witness Swiss mountains, and explore the best tourist places in Switzerland on Swiss rail. What an experience would it be!
Don’t keep imagining and check out the best places to see in Switzerland. Add them to your itinerary for an experience that will leave an imprint on your mind forever.
10 Best Places To Visit in Switzerland For An Unforgettable Holiday
What a beautiful country Switzerland is for a honeymoon & a family holiday! Two people in a newly made union escape the post-wedding stress and discover their love for each other in a foreign land. And families who wish to get away from their homes and want to strengthen their bond, these places are a must-visit for you.
If you are looking for the best places to visit in Switzerland, here are our recommendations –
Interested to witness the preserved architectural relics of the 14th century? Lucerne is one of the best places to go in Switzerland with family. Witness the emerald green meadow, snow-clad peaks, and take a cruise on Lake Lucerne.
The picture-perfect scenery of this city makes it look straight out of a painting. Visit the Old Town with kids to see the Lion Statue, twin towers of the Hofkirche, and the 900-year old St. Peter’s Church. Sit in the lovely cafes to relish Swiss coffee, cheese, and chocolates, and if you love shopping, get yourself beautiful souvenirs.
Make a thousand memories together that will make a family holiday in Switzerland perfect and unforgettable.
Duration: 2 to 3 days are enough to see the best of Lucerne.
What not to miss in Lucerne
- Walk on the oldest wooden bridge in Europe, the Chapel Bridge.
- Witness the spectacular views from Mount Pilatus.
- Cruise on Lake Lucerne on a boat.
- Explore the Old Town.
- Enjoy a ride on the Cog railway to Mount Rigi.
- Relish the beautiful views from Spreuerbrücke ( a bridge).
- Visit the Lion Monument, north of Spreuerbrücke.
- Visit the Swiss Transport Museum, the most visited in Switzerland.
- Take a Lucerne’s Towers walking tour.
Best time to visit Lucerne
Comfortable in summers and freezing cold in the winters, these are the weather conditions in Lucerne. July is the warmest month with the temperature rising only up to 24°C. If you love cold weather, January is the best month with the temperature dropping to 3°C.
Places to Stay in Lucerne
There are many accommodation options in Lucerne for honeymooners, families, and backpackers. Famous personalities like Mark Twain, Leo Tolstoy, and Richard Wanger have stayed at the Hotel Schweizerhof Luzern that offers the best views of Lake Lucerne.
Some other places you can choose to stay are Renaissance Lucerne Hotel, Radisson Blu Hotel, The Grand Hotel National, and Hotel des Alpes.
How to Reach Lucerne
Take a flight from India to Zurich Airport or Bern Airport to reach Lucerne. Both airports connect to Lucerne by rail and road. You can get hourly trains from Zurich to Lucerne that take about 45 minutes and by road, it takes about an hour.
Bollywood fans? Zurich has been a hotspot for many Hindi movies. ‘Don 2’ starring Sharukh and Priyanka Chopra was shot at Grossmünster Church and Münster Bridge at Zürich. So, if you are wondering what are the best places for honeymoon in Switzerland, Zurich is your best pick. Zurich, for ages, has been a dream place for many love birds.
Visit this fairytale city in Switzerland to feel like the movie stars. Experience the chocolate, breathtaking vistas, shopping extravaganza, locally grown wines, medieval architecture, and most importantly, Lake Zurich. The romantic aura of this city will make you fall in love with the city as well as each other.
Duration: 2 to 3 days are enough to see the best of Zurich.
What not to miss in Zurich
- Visit Switzerland’s biggest museum of non-European cultures, the Rietberg Museum.
- Witness the iconic twin towers of the Grossmünster.
- Pay a visit to Fraumünster Church to see Chagall windows.
- See the largest clock face in Europe, St. Peter’s Church.
- Visit the Swiss National Museum to see prehistoric items.
- Art lovers must visit Pavillon Le Corbusier.
- Watch a show at Zurich Opera House.
- If you are with kids, take them to Zurich Botanical Garden.
- Spend quiet time at the Chinese Garden.
- Enjoy the scenic views of the Alps from Bürkliplatz.
Best time to visit Zurich
Plan a trip to Zurich in Switzerland during the summer months, i.e. June to August. The weather in the city is pleasant with an average temperature of 21°C. It is the best time to plan outdoor activities as the sun shines brightly during the days and has cool breezy evenings. Zurich sees a huge influx of tourists from around the world, so the prices are a bit high.
Places to Stay in Zurich
Families, couples, and business travelers can find amazing places in Zurich for a comfy stay. Most of the accommodation options in Zurich have stunning architecture with great views that make your stay more enjoyable. Park Hyatt Zurich, B2 Boutique Hotel & Spa, Baur au Lac, Hotel Helmhaus, and Hotel Alexander are some of the best places you can choose to stay in Zurich.
How to Reach Zurich
Zurich Airport is the largest airport in Switzerland. There are many flights to Zurich from India that land here. Many airlines offer direct flights from New Delhi and Mumbai to Zurich, but the national carrier SWISS International Airlines runs the most number of flights to Zurich Airport. After getting off, take a train to the central railway station of Zurich, Hauptbahnhof.
If you love history, culture, and architecture, Bern is among the best places to go to Switzerland. Click beautiful pictures with your loved ones in the most photographed city in the world that looks straight out of one’s dreams. Witness the hundreds of fountains in the capital city of Switzerland dating back to the 13th century with each possessing a unique artwork.
Walk on foot or swim across the famous Aare River. If you are visiting in summer, we recommend you to go for a dip in this river. Walk on the narrow cobblestone stones in the Old Town, which is listed as a World Heritage Site by UNESCO. Boutiques, bars, and bears are the highlights of Bern you cannot afford to miss on your trip.
Duration: 2 days are sufficient to explore the best Bern has to offer.
What not to miss in Bern
- Witness the stunning statues in the Old Town.
- See the masterpieces at Kunstmuseum.
- See Stone Age items at the Einstein Museum and the Historical Museum of Bern.
- Stop by the former residence of Einstein.
- Spend quality time at Rosengarten.
- Visit Switzerland’s largest church from the late Middle Ages, Berner Münster.
- Admire the 800-year-old Clock Tower.
- Browse the art of a German-Swiss painter at the Paul Klee Center.
- See the ancient fountains.
- Take a walk through the Botanical Garden.
- Get a panoramic 360-degree view from Gurten, a high mountain.
Best time to visit Bern
Bern experiences rain most of the year. However, summers are warm and pleasant and is the best time to visit Bern. The temperature is around 20°C. Winters have shorter days and during this time Bern is covered in sheets of snow, so plan your sightseeing tours accordingly.
Places to Stay in Bern
For a comfortable stay in Bern, you can choose from a range of premium to mid-range hotels. There are many family-friendly and couple-friendly hotels that offer basic amenities and comfortable beds to sleep in. Some of the best places to stay in Bern are The Bristol, Hotel Savoy Bern, Unique Hotel Innere Enge, Parkhotel Schloss Hünigen, Bellevue Palace, and more.
How to Reach Bern
Plan a trip to Bern from India and arrive at the Zurich Airport. Bern is connected from Geneva, Basel, and Zurich by trains on the Swiss Federal Railway Station. You can get trains from Zurich to Bern that depart every 30 minutes and take an hour and 15 minutes to reach. If you happen to be in Geneva, you can get direct trains to Bern every 30 minutes, which will take less than 2 hours.
Planning a couple trip to Switzerland? Include the small, quaint town of Interlaken in your list of best places to visit in Switzerland for honeymoon. The serene lakes, snow-clad mountains, and trendy cafes make Interlaken a honeymooner’s paradise.
Witness the unparalleled scenery of the magnificent Swiss Alps and roam around the streets hand-in-hand with your sweetheart. Go on hikes and treks together amidst the natural surroundings or for a unique adventure catch one of the 45 cable cars from Interlaken to a new destination.
Take the trails to old villages located along Lakeshores and also explore the beautiful trails that go up the mountains. Interested in adventure? Get your heart pumping with skydiving, bungee jumping, paragliding, and more.
Duration: 3 days are enough to explore the best Interlaken has to offer.
What not to miss in Interlaken
- Hit the gorgeous hiking trails.
- For a birds-eye view, indulge in paragliding.
- Experience the thrill of new levels while skydiving.
- Get a chocolate-infused experience at Funky Chocolate Club.
- Explore the stunning limestone structures at Saint Beatus Caves.
- Visit Jungfraujoch, the highest railway station in Europe.
- Enjoy cruising on Interlaken lakes.
- Visit the beautiful Oberhofen Castle.
- Enjoy the thrill of white water rafting on the Lütschine River.
- Click pictures for memories at Schynige Platte Alpine Garden.
- Cheers to a drink at 150-year-old Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel.
Best time to visit Interlaken
June to August is the ideal time to plan a trip to Interlaken. The weather remains pleasant with temperatures between 18°C and 20°C. You can plan outdoor activities in summers like mountaineering, trekking, and paragliding.
Places to Stay in Interlaken
Victoria Jungfrau Grand Hotel, Hotel Beausite, Hotel Interlaken, Hotel Krebs Interlaken, and Jungfrau Hotel are some of the most beautiful places to stay in Interlaken. You can also choose from a range of luxury to low budget hotels but if you want the best experience and view, these are the top accommodation options.
How to Reach Interlaken
Traveling to Interlaken from India by flight will not be feasible as the city doesn’t have an airport. Zurich Airport is the nearest airport from where you can take a train of 2 hours to reach Interlaken.
If you’ve been tired of looking at the stunning pictures of Mt. Jungfraujoch and wish to visit it in real life, it’s time to plan a Switzerland honeymoon. Among the most beautiful places in Switzerland is Jungfraujoch, located at 3,454 meters.
Take an incredible journey to this mountain and witness the scenery that will leave an imprint on your mind for a lifetime. Honeymooners can spend intimate moments in the quaint city of Grindelwald and explore the clear, shimmering lakes, go on flower-clad hikes, and experience the unmatchable beauty of the city together.
Being home to Jungfraujoch peak with Ice Palace and Observatory Deck, natural lakes, and the Canyon makes Grindelwald one of the best places to visit in Switzerland in winter.
Duration: 2 to 3 days are sufficient to see the best attractions and indulge in adventures in Grindelwald.
What not to miss in Grindelwald
- Go skiing at one of the many resorts in the city.
- Enjoy a gondola ride to Grindelwald First.
- Take the tri-cable Eiger Express gondola from Grindelwald to Wengen.
- Enjoy the stunning views of Lauterbrunnen Valley.
- Learn to ride Velogemel.
- Enjoy First Flyer and go down the 800-meter zip line.
- Savor cheese fondue.
- Explore the car-free village, Wengen.
- Witness fantastic mountain views from the First Cliff Walk observation platform.
- Enjoy a meal at the First Cliff Restaurant.
- Hike to Bachalpsee to get immersed in the natural beauty.
- Descend from Schreckfeld to Bort on a mountain cart.
Best time to visit Grindelwald
If you are planning a honeymoon in Switzerland, visit during the summer months, May to September. Indulge in sports like mountain carting, summer sledding, and Trotti biking. Snow activities can be best enjoyed in winter in Grindelwald when it’s snow-covered and freezing. The best weather is between June and October with an average temperature of 20°C between July and August.
Places to Stay in Grindelwald
There are many places to stay in Grindelwald during your trip. You can get rustic chic to ultra-luxury places for a comfy stay. Some of the best accommodations available in Grindelwald are Romantik Hotel Schweizerhof Grindelwald, Parkhotel Schoenegg, Hotel Belvedere Grindelwald, Eiger Selfness Hotel, and Hotel Kirchbuehl.
How to Reach Grindelwald
Grindelwald is not directly connected to an airport. You have to fly into Zurich and from there take a 3-hour train or a 2 hours drive to Grindelwald. Basel has the second nearest airport from where you can also catch a 3 hours train to Grindelwald.
Also read about top things to do in Switzerland.
Lake Geneva, the largest Alpine lake in Europe, is a big part of Switzerland tourism and lures many tourists from around the globe. Plan a visit to the beautiful city of Geneva and sit by this lake and talk your heart out to your partner.
Explore the bustling streets of Geneva hand-in-hand. Truly, it is the best city in Switzerland for honeymoon if you are interested in a mix of many things other cities offer and crazy nightlife. See the stunning view of the Alps and soak in the panoramic glory of the city.
Visit Old Town and stop by a classic dining restaurant for a delicious meal. Spend time shopping at Geneva’s high-end stores, and party the night away!
Duration: 3 days are enough to explore the nooks and corners of Geneva.
What not to miss in Geneva
- Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Geneva.
- Witness the 145-meter high Jet d’Eau (Water Jet).
- See the Gothic style of architecture at Temple de Saint-Pierre.
- Click pictures of the large flower clock at Jardin Anglais (English Garden) and Parc de la Grange.
- Enjoy a snack and drink at Place du Bourg-de-Four.
- Witness greenhouses, gardens, and conservatory at Jardin Botanique (Botanical Gardens).
- Visit Musée d’Art et d’Histoire (Art and History Museum).
- Find historic documents and artifacts at the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Museum.
- Ride a cable car to Mont Salève.
Best time to visit Geneva
Geneva experiences extremely cold winters with temperatures usually dropping to 1.5°C. You can see the snowy paradise with your loved one and indulge in skiing and snowboarding. For the best experience, stay at a ski resort. Days get shorter, so plan your sightseeing accordingly. However, if you want sunny days, June to August is the best time to visit Geneva, Switzerland.
Places to Stay in Geneva
Luxury, mid-range, budget, couples, families, and near the airport, choose from a variety of hotels in Geneva on your trip. Hotels here provide a comfortable stay and offer great amenities. Some of the best accommodations options available in Geneva are Hotel d’Angleterre, Four Seasons Hotel des Bergues Geneva, Hotel N’vY, Hotel Carmen, and Novotel Geneve Centre.
How to Reach Geneva
There are many flights operating between India to Geneva at Geneva International Airport. You can book flights from New Delhi and Kolkata to Geneva with stopovers. Mainly served by Swiss Airlines, the airport in Geneva usually remains busy. From the airport, taxis can be obtained to get to your desired location.
Have you seen the mountain that displayed the Indian and well other countries’ flags in solidarity during pandemic 2020? It’s The Matterhorn. One of the unique places to visit in Switzerland is located in Zermatt, a charming alpine village, which offers exceptional experiences to couples and families.
Come here to see the untouched beauty, enjoy the calm environment, and ride on horse carriages. Just like Kajol and Shahrukh in DDLJ! The best part? Zermatt is a car-free village and can be explored on foot, electric cars, and of course, gondolas. See the traditional way of living in mountain communities, and enjoy a memorable sightseeing tour.
Do not forget to taste the delicious pastries, cheese, and coffee, while admiring the Matterhorn.
Duration: 3 days are sufficient to explore the best tourist attractions and enjoy activities in Zermatt.
What not to miss in Zermatt
- Book a stay with The Matterhorn views.
- Enjoy a mesmerizing view of The Matterhorn from Sunnegga Viewpoint.
- Ride a gondola from Sunnegga to Blauherd and a cable car from Blauherd to Rothorn.
- Hike from Blauherd to Stellisee.
- Don’t forget to see Little Matterhorn
- Take a three-hour round trip to the highest point of Breithorn.
- Enjoy a ride on the highest open-air rack railway in Europe, Gornergrat Bahn.
- Indulge in skiing.
- Visit Old Village, which looks like an open-air museum.
- Take a tour of the Zermatlantis Matterhorn Museum.
- Ride a four-seater chairlift to visit the Village of Findeln.
Best time to visit Zermatt
Due to the location, Zermatt gets very cold in winters, which stays for a longer time than summer. You can see snowfall during this time. Summers, however, are pleasant. Days are cloudy with temperatures remaining around 22°C.
Places to Stay in Zermatt
From luxury to low-budget hotels, you can choose from a range of accommodations depending upon your budget. Some luxury hotels in Zermatt are Hotel Firefly and CERVO Zermatt. Mid-range hotels include Bella Vista Hotel and Hotel Alpenhof. Hotel Tannenhof and Hotel Carina are great for those on a budget trip to Switzerland.
How to Reach Zermatt
As Zermatt is a car-free town, it does not have an airport, and the nearest international airports are either Geneva or Zurich. Take a flight from India to Zurich and then a 3-hour train to Zermatt. During peak times, you can have crowds at the stations and it can be quite expensive. If you have a Swiss Rail Pass, the journey will be more convenient and economical. Children below 16 can travel for free. If coming by bus or car. Get down at Tasch, 7 km from Zermatt, and then take a train to Zermatt.
Big on the music scene? Montreux is your place to be. The town hosts a number of international jazz festivals that lure crowds from around the globe. Lying on Lake Geneva, this gorgeous resort town is surrounded by wooden forests, hills, and vineyards that will leave you mesmerized on your Switzerland tour.
Offering a peaceful setting for romance, Montreux is among the top honeymoon places in Switzerland to visit. Escape the humdrum of cities and kindle the love in this small but beautiful town. Enjoy boating in the lake or delight in tasty Swiss food and wines at the riverside cafes. Stroll the lovely gardens with statues and colorful flowers.
Duration: You must visit Montreux for 2 days to explore the best the town has to offer.
What not to miss in Montreux
- Attend the Montreux Jazz Festival in July.
- Groove to the music at September Musical Concert.
- Dance to the beat at the International Choral Festival, a week after Easter.
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride on Lake Geneva.
- Cheers to your togetherness with a glass of wine.
- Take a walk along the Lakeside Promenade.
- Witness the statue of Freddie Mercury.
- Visit Château de Chillon Montreux, the most visited historical monument in Switzerland.
- Around Christmas, visit Montreux Christmas Market.
- Take a walk around Vevey Old Town.
Best time to visit Montreux
The weather in Montreux is quite balmy and experiences a good amount of rainfall throughout the year. Summers are pleasant to explore the town with temperatures around 15°C. And the winters get extremely freezing. The temperature may even go below zero degrees frequently.
Places to Stay in Montreux
Montreux is a picturesque town and offers a great collection of hotels and resorts. Stay at the ski resorts of Leysin, La Lécherette, and Les Mosses. Some of the most popular places to stay in Montreux for a comfortable stay are Le Mirador Resort & Spa, Royal Plaza Montreux & Spa, Grand Hotel du Lac Vevey, and Golf Hotel Rene Capt.
How to Reach Montreux
Montreux does not have an airport and the nearest one is located in Geneva. You can fly to Geneva and then take a train to Montreux that departs every hour. There are also trains available from various parts of Switzerland. However, the most popular routes start from Geneva and Lausanne.
As we are talking about Geneva and places to visit close by, Lausanne is another great one. It is one of the best places in Switzerland that is known worldwide for its natural charm. Witness the spectacular landscape and soak in the pristine beauty of snow-clad peaks.
See the lush meadows swaying with the wind and get immersed in the historic vibes of the city. Visit the 12th-century Cathedral of Notre Dame and stroll the vineyards of Lavaux. The azure waters of Lake Geneva and clear blue skies above are a sight to behold in Lausanne. Also, hundreds of street vendors sell Swiss foods, beer, and souvenirs you can buy as mementos.
Duration: You must visit Lausanne for 2 days to explore the best the town has to offer.
What not to miss in Lausanne
- Take a helicopter ride to enjoy panoramic views of the city.
- Visit the 13th century Lausanne Cathedral.
- Witness the folk art and paintings at Collection de l’Art Brut.
- Get an insight into the world’s top sporting events at the Olympic Museum.
- Take a walk at Place de la Navigation.
- Tour one of Europe’s best photography museums, Musée de l’Élysée.
- See the old buildings at Musée de l’Élysée.
- Witness the mesmerizing views from Esplanade de Montbenon.
- Treat your eyes to the views of Lake Geneva, the Alps, and more from Tour de Sauvabelin.
- Enjoy sightseeing at the Museum of Contemporary Design and Applied Arts (MUDAC).
Best time to visit Lausanne
There is romance in the air of Lausanne, which makes it one of the best honeymoon places to visit in Switzerland. Cloudy skies add to the romantic vibes with irregular rains throughout the year. January is the coldest month in Lausanne and the temperature falls to around 1°C. Visit if you love cold weather, else, plan a Switzerland tour during summer when the temperature hovers around 20°C.
Places to Stay in Lausanne
From apartment stays to palaces to hotels, Lausanne is dotted with many places to stay. Depending upon your budget, you can pick the place of your choice. There are many family-friendly and couple-friendly accommodations that will make your stay more enjoyable. Hotel Royal Savoy Lausanne, Lausanne Palace, Château d’Ouchy, and Angleterre & Residence Hotel are some of the top recommendations for places to stay in Lausanne.
How to Reach Lausanne
The closest airport to Lausanne is Geneva Airport. It receives flights from India with stopovers and is also well connected to other European countries and continents. Take a train from Geneva, Zurich, Bern, Neuchatel, Brig, etc. to Lausanne on the Swiss Federal Rail system. You can also travel by sea that operates on both Swiss and the French shores of Lake Geneva. Daily ferries to Lausanne are also available from Geneva, Coppet, Evian, Vevey, Nyon, Monteux, and more.
What a beautiful town Basel is! Perfect for romance, it invites honeymoon couples to spend quaint time with each other. Book Switzerland honeymoon tours from India for a romantic time in the lap of nature. Explore the flora and fauna and witness lilac flowers along the stunning Rhine River.
Walk through the Old Town, which takes one back to the medieval era. See the stone houses, sit for a coffee in a cafe, and reach the vantage points for mesmerizing views of the Rhine River. There are many cruises you can book to see the pristine beauty of Basel. Make sure to click some beautiful cute pictures together, which will bring back happy memories when you look at them.
Duration: 1 to 2 days are more than enough to see the best of Basel city.
What not to miss in Basel
- See a collection of fine paintings at Kunstmuseum Basel (Museum of Art).
- Explore the Old Town of Basel.
- Visit the oldest and the largest zoo in Switzerland, Zoologischer Garten (Zoo)
- Tour the 18th century Basler Münster (Basel Minster).
- See the largest collection of Swiss artists at Jean Tinguely Museum.
- Witness the paper-making process at Papiermühle (Paper Mill Museum).
- Click pictures at Tinguely Fountain.
- Witness a collection of history and culture at Historisches Museum (Historical Museum).
- Explore over 6,000 toys at Spielzeug Welten Museum (Toy Museum).
- For art lovers, the Museum für Gegenwartskunst (Museum of Contemporary Art) is a must.
Best time to visit Basel
Basel experiences rainy weather all around the year with overcast skies. You can expect comfortable summers, however, July month is the hottest. Winter months get very cold and January sees the harshest weather conditions. Also, the temperature drops down to zero with snowfall.
Places to Stay in Basel
Depending on your budget and type of travel, you can choose from a collection of hotels in Basel. There are many pretty locales around the hotels in this city that will make your stay more pleasant. The Old Town of Grossbasel is the most beautiful area to book a hotel in.
Some of the best accommodations in Basel are Der Teufelhof Basel, The Passage, Nomad Design & Lifestyle Hotel, and GAIA Hotel Basel.
How to Reach Basel
Flights from India to Zurich are available on a regular basis. From there, you can get frequent trains to Basel on the Swiss rail system. Basel receives trains day and night from Zurich and other European countries including Austria, Italy, France, Germany, and the Benelux countries (Belgium, The Netherlands, and Luxembourg).
We hope you find this list of best places to visit in Switzerland helpful. If so, book Switzerland tour packages from India by Indian Holiday and customize as per your needs and budget. Whether you are planning a romantic trip after your wedding or a family vacation to give your kids a memorable time, we have the best offers for you.
Make your trip hassle-free by adding the places in Switzerland to your itinerary as per your interest and enjoy an exceptional holiday in one of the most gorgeous cities in the world. Which city did you like the most and which one will you wish to visit on your trip? Let us know in the comments below, we would love to hear about your amazing experiences!
Before you take off, here is some essential information you should keep in mind –
Covid Guidelines for Switzerland
The Swiss Government has lifted Switzerland travel restrictions and opened its doors to fully vaccinated travelers from India. You do not need to get RT-PCR tests done or quarantine on arrival. You should be vaccinated with both Covishield vaccine shots to be able to visit Switzerland.
Please note that though the Swiss Government is not asking for a negative RT-PCR report, certain airlines may ask. So, we recommend getting one done 72 hours prior to traveling. Also, there are no direct flights to Switzerland, and vaccinated Indians will have to travel via Amsterdam or Paris to reach Switzerland.
Best Time to Visit Switzerland
Plan your trip between April to October, the best time to book a Switzerland tour package to have a memorable time. The weather is pleasant with warm sunny days and the temperature remains between 8°C and 15°C. This lets you explore the best cities in Switzerland with ease.
Honeymooners who want to spend time in peace should head to places like Montreux, which experiences warm and pleasant weather to kindle the romance. Families can visit Interlaken and Lausanne to indulge in family-friendly activities.
If you are snow lovers and want to feel the adrenaline pumping, visit in the winter months from December to February. Skiing, snowboarding, and snow tubing are some activities you can enjoy during wintertime. And lastly, for budget travelers, the spring season will be your ideal pick.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Which is the best city in Switzerland? +-
Ans: The most famous cities of Switzerland are Zurich, Geneva, Interlaken, and Lucerne. However, cities like Lugano, Bern, Grindelwald, and Lausanne are also worth visiting.
Q. What should you avoid in Switzerland? +-
Ans: Here are some tips you need for your trip to Switzerland -
- Properly budget your trip.
- Get a Swiss Pass for easy travel across the country.
- Use trains for most of your traveling.
- Avoid buying bottled water and fill up your bottle at public places (the water quality is excellent here).
- Buy travel insurance before traveling.
- Check the weather before commencing the trip.
- Must try Swiss cheese, chocolates, and wine.
- Learn about basic Swiss history.
- Book flights in advance as it gets quite expensive during peak season.
Q. What are the top things to do in Switzerland with family? +-
Ans: Make your family holiday in Switzerland memorable by indulging in these fun activities with kids -
- Explore the Old Towns in the country.
- Enjoy a boat ride on Lake Zurich.
- Go cruising on Lake Geneva.
- Witness the magnificent Matterhorn.
- Savor a meal at Harder Kulm with exceptional views.
- Explore the museums.
- Taste the Swiss chocolates and cheese.
- Roam the Basel Old Town.
- Ride on the Swiss rail.
- Witness the rich flora and fauna at the zoo.
Q. How many days are enough for Switzerland? +-
Ans: 5 to 6 days are sufficient to explore the best Switzerland has to offer.
Q. What are the most romantic things to do in Switzerland for couples? +-
Ans: Take your sweetheart on a romantic ride across Switzerland. For the most special moments, here are the top romantic things to do in Switzerland on honeymoon -
- Have a romantic dinner in Zurich.
- Lock your love at Mühlesteg Bridge.
- Spend time at the Old Botanical Garden.
- Cheers to your newly married life with Swiss wine.
- Take a romantic boat tour of Lake Zurich.
- Dine at the Clouds Restaurant in Zurich with beautiful views.
- Pamper yourself with thermal baths.
- Watch a show at Zurich Opera House.
- Explore the Old Town in Geneva.
- Witness the majestic Swiss Alps.
- Ride on a gondola to Mt. Jungfraujoch.
- Enjoy a lake cruise in Lucerne.
- Explore the streets hand-in-hand in Interlaken.
- Ride the Glacier Express and enjoy spectacular views.