From 21 December, Meghalaya is looking forward to welcoming tourists after 9 months of lockdown due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This beautiful state of Northeast India is all set to reopen for tourists outside the state and the Meghalaya government has issued a Standard Operating Procedure (SOPs) for tourists.
Here are the COVID-19 tourist guidelines:
- It is mandatory for tourists to show a COVID-19 vaccination certificate.
- Tourists need to mandatorily register on the Meghalaya Tourism App and generate an E-invite for the proposed itinerary.
- Tourism App is available on both the Google Play Store and the Apple Store on the link:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.xlayer.meg.gov.tourism for Android
https://apps.apple.com/in/app/meghalaya-tourism/id1524458250 for iOS
- E-invite can also be generated from the Meghalaya tourism website: https://www.meghalayatourism.in/
- A valid photo ID needs to be uploaded on the Meghalaya tourism app including other members who are traveling together.
- All the tourists traveling together can register themselves together and generate one E-invite.
- It is compulsory to book at least two nights’ stay at the hotel, guest house, or homestay for the first two nights. Also, a declaration of the complete itinerary is required to generate an E-invite.
- Tourists have to present the printout of the E-invite with the QR code at the entry point or they can also display the E-invite with a QR code on their mobile phone.