Shravanabelagola a significant pilgrimage destination for Jains is also known as one of the seventh wonders of India. The site also contains world’s largest monolithic statue- a statue of Gommateshvara Bahubali that dates back to 978-993 AD. On Tours to Shravanabelagola you must visit Kalyani pond, two hills of Chandragiri and Indragiri featuring the stupendous and majestic Gommata statue Also check out some other artistic beauties like the Bhandara basadi which features navaranga ,garbhagruha and sukanasi ,the graceful Indian dancing poses that are carved out intricately. The other notable architectures are Akkana basadi and Sidhantha basadi. Apart from theses, there are the Chavundaraya basadi, Yeradukatte basadi, Savathigandharvana basadi and Tyerina basadi to visit while on tour to Shravanabelagola . IHPL offers tour to Shravanabelagola to enable you to discover rich heritage and culture of the city is reflected its art and architecture.
Shravanabelagola Holiday Packages
List of Shravanabelagola Tour Packages
FAQs Shravanabelagola, Karnataka
Ques: Where is Shravanabelagola Located?
Ans: Shravanabelagola is located at Channarayapatna of Hassan district in Karnataka state (Province). This place is famous for Lord Gomateshwara (Bahubali) statue. The statue is 57 feet talland it is considered to be the world's largest monolithic statue.It is situated on Vindhyagiri Hill. You will have to climb around 700 steps from the base to the top of the hill where the statue is situated. This is one of the most important pilgrimage destination of Jainism. Mahamastakabhishekaa grand Jain festival is performed every once in 12yrs. Shravanabelagola is situated between Mysore and Hassan road.
Ques: How to Reach Shravanabelagola?
Ans: You can reach Shravanabelagola only by Road. The main city of stay are Hassan which about 50kms &Mysuru which is about 80Kms.
- Mysuru approx. 95kms / 2hrs
- Bengaluru approx175kms / 4hrs &
Nearest main Railway Station :
- Mysuruapprox80Kms / 1½hrs
- Hassan approx 48Kms / 1½hrs
- Bengaluru approx 145Kms / 3hrs
Nearby Important tourist destinations.
- Hassan 50kms / 1½hrs
- MysuruApprox80Kms / 1½hrs
- BelurApprox90Kms / 2hrs
- HalebeeduApprox 80Kms / 2hrs
- Bengaluru 145kms / 3hrs
Ques: How is the weather in Shravanabelagola and Best time to visit Shravanabelagola?
Ans: Sharavanabelagola is a year around pilgrimage destination. During summers from March to June it will be very hot. The best time to visit Shravanabelagola is from October to February. You can even visit during rainy season as it is not going to be hot to climb the steps
Ques: Which are the places of visit or activities to enjoy near Shravanabelagola?
Ans: The closest main city of stay is Hassan. During stay at Hassan, one can visit Belur & Halebeedu.
- Belur: Situated about 40KMS from Hassan is listed under UNESCO world heritage site. This is the most photographed and perhaps the best and a must visit for the tourists. The Main attractions are as below.
- Chenna Kesava Temple : is a 12th Century Hindu temple and it is one of the most beautiful shrines in Belur. This temple was built by Hoysala empire and is dedicated to Chennakesava, an avatar of Lord Vishnu
- Veera Narayana Temple : is devoted to Veera Narayana or Lakshmi Narayana built by Hoysala Empire.
- Darpana Sundari :also known as lady with the mirroris one of the most beautiful attractions of Belur Temple.
- Kappe Chennigaraya Temple : built by Hoysala Empirequeen Shantala Devi.This small temple is located in the Veeranarayana Temple complex.
- The Gravity Pillar : is a 42 feet high pillaralso known as Mahasthambha or Kartika Deepotsava Stambha is one of the prime attractions of Chennakesava temple. This is a Single stone pillar stationed on a platform. It is said that this pillar is standing on three sides on its own weight and has a gap on the fourth side where a piece of paper or cloth can slide in. This pillar displays the excellence of Vijayanagara reign architects and has stature and stability.
- Halebeedu : Situated about 32kms from Hassan. It was the earliest capital of Hoysala Empire.
- Hoysaleswara Temple : or Halebeedu temple devoted to Lord Shiva is a sculptural extravaganza situated on a star shaped base. Tourists coming to this historic site can see beautifully carved sculptures and excellent stone scrollwork on the platform of the structure.
- Kedareshwara Temple : is one of the must visit temples of Halebeedu. It was built in the Chalukyan style of architecture and has two Hoysala emblems. This displays a beautiful and stunning mix of both architecture styles.
Ques: Which are the popular packages to visit Shravanabelagola?
Ans: You can visit the following link
Rest we can also customise your holiday package as per your requirement.