Set at an altitude of 3858 meter, Valley of Flowers is perched just below the majestic peaks of the Himalayas. While the valley is a popular tourist attraction of Uttarakhand, the trek is more popular and allures tourists from all over the world. The trek offers a spectacular view of wild flowers, butterflies, colorful birds and exotic fauna species like Bharal, Musk Deer, Brown Bear and Himalayan Black Bear. This trek is a must for all the nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. The valley has millions of species of wild flowers like saxifrags, sediams, lilies, poppy, calendular, daisies, geranium, zinnia, petunia and more. The valley also features some beautiful streams which add to its natural beauty. Because of the rich bio diversity of the place, one also gets to spot different species of butterflies and insects.
- The Valley of Flowers National park remains open for visitors from 1st June to 31st October 2020
- best time to visit Valley of Flowers is during July, August and September
- Duration: 6 Days / 5 nights
- Altitude: 3858 m / 12654 ft.
- Level: Easy- Moderate
- Season: End June - September
- Rail Head: Haridwar is the nearest Rail head
- Rail- Nearest railway station in Dehradun
- Air- closest air connection is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun
- Road- Drive till Govindghat and then begin the trek