Nestled in the lap of the mighty Himalayas and at an altitude of 3858 m above sea level, the Valley of Flowers is a popular tourist attraction in Uttarakhand. The trek is more popular and allures tourists from all over the world. It offers a spectacular view of wildflowers, butterflies, colorful birds, and exotic fauna species like Bharal, Musk Deer, Brown Bear, and Himalayan Black Bear.
The Valley of Flowers trek is a must for all nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. The valley has millions of species of wildflowers like saxifrages, sediams, lilies, poppy, calendulas, daisies, geranium, zinnia, petunia, and more. The valley also features some beautiful streams, which add to its natural beauty. Because of the rich biodiversity of the place, one also gets to spot different species of butterflies and insects.
Best time for Valley of Flower Trek
- The Valley of Flowers National Park remains open for visitors from 1st June to 31st October
- The best time to visit Valley of Flowers is during July, August, and September
Valley of Flowers Trek Information
- Duration: 6 Days / 5 nights
- Altitude: 3858 m / 12654 ft.
- Level: Easy to Moderate
- Season: End June - September
- Nearest Railhead: Haridwar is the nearest railhead.
- Nearest Major Town:Govindghat is the nearest major town, which is easily accessible from Rishikesh.
How to Reach The Valley of Flower trek
- Train- Nearest railway station is in Dehradun.
- Flight- The closest airport is Jolly Grant airport in Dehradun.
- Road- Drive till Govindghat and then begin the trek.