Kempty fall is the most famous tourist attraction in Mussoorie. With the backdrop of the mighty Himalayas, Kempty Falls looks mesmerizing and spellbinding. Kempty fall is located approximately 15 kilometers from Mussoorie Mall Road and is easily accessible by road. Apart from the natural beauty, Kempty falls offers a number of water activities. The water gushes down and splits into five different streams making the waterfall look absolutely stunning.
Visitors enjoy clicking pictures, taking hikes around the waterfall, and enjoying multiple water activities; the locals also find this mesmerizing place a weekend spot for them. People from Dehradun, Haridwar, and Rishikesh often visit here to spend their weekends amidst serenity. Kempty Falls is a beautiful picnic spot for families and an adventure getaway for solo and group travelers.
Mussoorie is one of those places in the hill station where you will see a crowd enjoying themselves all year long. If you want to have some quiet time, take a hike towards the exteriors of Kempty Falls. You can add this in your Mussoorie itinerary and customize the tour package with the help of our travel experts. Contact us for more information and to book a Mussoorie tour package with us!
What to Know Before You Go Kempty Fall Mussoorie
What is Kempty Falls famous for?
Kempty Falls is famous for water activities, sightseeing tours, photography, and a rejuvenating environment for visitors.
Kempty Fall Entry fees & Timing
There are no entry fees for Kempty Falls and if you go for the ropeway ride or boating, you will have to pay for that. But the rest of the fun comes without any cost. Whereas the timing to visit Kempty Falls is between 8 am and 5 pm. People who visit here usually spend a couple of hours enjoying different things. So you can plan your sightseeing accordingly.
Best time to visit Kempty Fall
The best time to visit Kempty Falls is during summer, which is between March and June. This is because you can enjoy comfortable weather during this time. Moreover, you can partake in water activities.
How to Reach Kempty Fall Mussoorie
Kempty Falls is approximately 15 km from the Mussoorie Mall Road, from the Library Bus Stand end. The amazing attraction is roughly 50 km from Dehradun Railway Station and 75 km from Jolly Grant Airport. Take a taxi, cab, or a bus from these places to reach Mussoorie and then either you can trek to the attraction or take a cab.
Things to do in Kempty fall
There are many things that the visitors can enjoy and some of them are listed below:
- Take a refreshing bath or play in the water pool made by the cascading water.
- There is a small man-made pond near the waterfall, and you can enjoy taking a boat ride in the pool.
- You can also do what the locals and people from nearby places enjoy, having a picnic.
- You can hike from one fall to the other. They are approximately 10 minutes apart. You will have to walk further inside.
- You can also enjoy the ropeway that is also known to be the best way to explore the entire Mussoorie. It will cost you roughly 80 INR, but the birds-eye view from the trolley is simply breathtaking and beautiful.
- It is better to plan your trip here other than during the monsoon because Mussoorie receives heavy rainfall during the season. Visitors don’t find it comfortable to enjoy the waterfalls during these months.
- If you want to go swimming or splash water at the attraction, it is better to carry an extra pair of clothes.
- Do not forget to carry your camera because the view of the surroundings and even the waterfall is something worth capturing. The entire Doon Valley and looking down at the city of Dehradun is also breathtaking. So, click some pictures and enjoy your time.
- If you are traveling in your vehicle, it is advised to leave the attraction well before sunset because the winding roads to the waterfall make it difficult to drive after day fall.