The IT capital of India, Bangalore, has myriad options for fun and entertainment for kids and the kids at heart. For picnics, sightseeing, and adventure activities, Bangalore has numerous tourist attractions you can take your little ones.
Here are places to visit in Bangalore with Kids for a day full of thrilling adventures, boundless laughter, and cherished memories.
18 Famous Tourist Places to Visit in Bangalore with Kids
- Ulsoor Lake
- Hesaraghatta Lake
- Bannerghatta National Park
- Jawahar Bal Bhavan
- Gerry Martin Farm
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
- Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
- Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum
- HAL Aerospace Museum
- Innovative Film City
- Government Museum
- Wonder La
- Nagavara Lake and Lumbini Gardens
- Nandi Hills
- Bangalore Palace
- Cubbon Park
- M.G. Road
Plan a visit to the famous Ulsoor Lake, a fun destination for all ages. Bangalore’s most iconic lake is located at the heart of the city and forms a calm oasis in the middle of a bustling city. Visit here as your kids will love the green environs.
The cool waters are ideal for swimming as well as boat rides. Families can pack for a picnic in the picturesque spot or spend the day indulging in thrilling activities. It’s great fun to go boating here if you are visiting Bangalore with kids.
- Why Should Kids Visit Ulsoor Lake? Leisurely walking, boating, picnic, and birdwatching.
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 8 PM, Closed on Wednesdays
- Entry fee: Free of cost, Boating costs INR 35
- How to reach: Take auto-rickshaw to the lake from MG Road. Metro can be used from the Ulsoor or Trinity Metro Stations. Buses are available from Ulsoor, MG Road, CMH Road, and Ulsoor Road.
Plan a Bangalore trip to another beautiful lake in the city, Hesaraghatta lake. One of the must-visit attractions in Bangalore, this fresh natural lake supplies drinking water to the city and is also a blissful home for numerous avifauna species. Kids are going to love open surroundings. The chirp of birds and the thrill to watch them is exciting.
- Why Should Kids Visit Hesaraghatta Lake? Witness local and migratory birds, cycle, and visit the dance village of Nrityagram.
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 6 PM, open all days
- Entry fee: Free of cost
- How to reach: The lake is around 30 km from Kempe Gowda Bus stand. So you can take a bus, available frequently.
Bannerghatta National Park is one of the most visited tourist destinations in Bangalore. The well-maintained park has all elements for a fun outing for the entire day. The zoo has many amazing inhabitants. Visit the wild animals with a mini safari.
Enjoy the sight of Tigers, Bears, Peacocks, and lions in their natural habitat. Explore a variety of marine species in the aquarium. There is also a Butterfly Park with a variety of colorful ones flying around, creating a magical world.
- Why Should Kids Visit Bannerghatta National Park? See the wild animals, explore the marine creatures, witness beautiful birds, and enjoy safari.
- Opening hours: Zoo – 9.30 AM – 5 PM, Grand Safari – 10 AM – 4.30 PM, Butterfly Park – 9.30 AM – 5 PM, Boating – 9.30 AM – 5 PM, Closed on Tuesdays
- Entry fee:
- Zoo – Adults: INR 100, Children: INR 50, Senior Citizen: INR 60
- Butterfly Park – Adults: INR 50, Children: INR 30, Senior Citizen: INR 30
- How to reach: Take a bus or cab to this national park, 22 km from Bangalore. Nearest metro station is Jayadeva Hospital/Mico checkpoint.
NOTE: The entry fees are valid from Monday to Friday. On weekends, the price is a bit higher. Also, there are separate charges for AC/NON-AC Safari. Make sure to check before visiting.
Jawahar Bal Bhavan
Bal Bhavan is a great place for a weekend activity for kids in Bangalore. Located within Cubbon Park, the entertainment options here include the toy train ride, doll museum, Mini Park, and even art and craft workshops. Pack a picnic to see the 20-million-year-old fossilized tree or opt for horse rides. The 12 acres of space allows kids to indulge in their games of fun and frolic.
- Why Should Kids Visit Bal Bhavan? Educational programs, adventure camps, theaters, and library for kids.
- Opening hours: 10.30 AM – 10 PM, Closed on Mondays
- Entry fee: INR 10, Free for kids below 10 years
- How to reach: Bus, auto-rickshaws, or cab can be hired from various parts of Bangalore.
Gerry Martin Farm
Gerry Martin Farm is surely exciting for kids. The farm lies on the outskirts of Bangalore. It is perfect for a half-or full-day outing. The farmhouses ducks, pigs, horses, emus, rabbits, guinea pigs, and turtles.
Surrounded by large trees and plenty of shade, it is a respite from cities. Kids will love spending a couple of hours interacting with the farm animals. Feed them, pet them and enjoy the simple life of a farm. Check out Bangalore packages by Indian Holiday.
- Why Should Kids Visit Gerry Martin Farm? They can learn to be with animals, witness farmhouse animals, and interact with them.
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 6 PM. Feeding time – 11 AM – 4.30 PM, Closed on Monday
- Entry fee: INR 100
- How to reach: It is just off Sarjapur Road, approx. 4 km from the Wipro Corporate Office. You can take a cab here.
Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
The Lalbagh Botanical gardens is among the best places to go in Banglore with kids. They will love the greenery and also get a great opportunity to learn about different plants, trees, and flowers. There are also special activities available for kids. In January or August, if you are visiting, do not miss the flower show. It is a spectacular pretension of a variety of blooms in all possible shades.
- Why Should Kids Visit Lalbagh Botanical Gardens? Visit Lalbagh Glass House inspired by London’s Crystal Palace, see the mini waterfall, and attend the Lalbagh Flower show on 26th January & 15th August.
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 7 PM
- Entry fee: Adults – INR 25 (after 8 AM), Children below 12 years – Free, INR 60 for camera
- How to reach: It is 7 km south of the city center. Metros, cabs, and taxis are readily available to reach Lalbagh.
Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium
The Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium is one of the fun places for kids in Bangalore. Visitors of all ages are welcome but it is the kids who are actually awed. The Planetarium provides one of those experiences that young children will remember for years to come.
Watch the night sky. Learn about the Universe and our solar system. The fascinating show of ‘The Sky Theater’ is a must-see. There are various other exhibits that provide interesting lessons. It’s one of the top things to do in Bangalore with kids.
- Why Should Kids Visit Jawaharlal Nehru Planetarium? Attend Mirror Dome Shows, learn about space and stars at Exhibition Hall, and know about concepts of physics at Science Park.
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 5.30 PM, Closed on Mondays
- Entry fee: Adults – INR 60, Children – INR 35
- How to reach: This attraction is located at the heart of the city. Dr. BR Ambedkar metro station is only 1.5 km away. Buses, cabs, or hired cars are also available.
Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum
The Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technological Museum is a kid-friendly center for knowledge. For the curious kids, it is a treasure box. The museum hordes numerous specimens of science and technology. It is best suited for kids over the age of ten. The interactive museum is a treasure trove of science and technology learning. The vibrantly shaded interiors filled with scientific contraptions allow your kids to play as they learn. It is educationally enriching entertainment.
- Why Should Kids Visit Visvesvaraya Industrial & Technological Museum? To witness a 1:1 scale replica of the Wright Brothers’ Flyer, see Dinosaur corner, life-size animated Spinosaurus, and explore exhibitions.
- Opening hours: 9.30 AM – 8 PM, open all days
- Entry fee: INR 50
- How to reach: Located in Cubbon Park, you can reach here from Majestic Bus Stand, 4 km away. Use Bangalore Metro and get down at Cubbon Park Metro Station. Taxis are available from many parts of the city as well.
HAL Aerospace Museum
The HAL Aerospace Museum is an interesting peek into India’s aeronautical history. It is the first of its kind in India. The museum houses an Orchidarium, herbal garden, and sustainability development park. Kids can view, admire and learn about the design, shape, and detail of machines. Here you can see some of the indigenous aircraft models designed by HAL.
- Why Should Kids Visit the HAL Museum? Kids can know more about the machines of airplanes, enjoy simulators, and visit Sustainability Development Park.
- Opening hours: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Entry fee: Adults – INR 50, Children (4 to 18 years) – INR 30, Free entry for kids upto 3 years and for differently-abled, Basic Simulator Game – INR 50, Motion simulator – INR 100
- How to reach: It is near HAL Police Station at Old Airport Road, around 10 km from Bangalore railway station. You can hire a cab to the museum.
Innovative Film City
One of the perfect kid-friendly places in Bangalore, Innovative Film City offers an ideal family getaway experience where kids have the most fun. Since 2008, the place has offered a wide range of amusements.
The 50 acres of space houses many entertaining activities as well. Dinosaur Park, Haunted Mansion, Cartoon City, Miniature City, Louis Tussaud’s Wax Museum, etc. are some amazing places to visit with family in Bangalore. Try out the thrilling sporting activities such as go-karting and other adventure sports. Enjoy a delicious dinner choosing from the many theme-based restaurants.
- Why Should Kids Visit Innovative Film City? Indulge in cricket, dirt bike, bull ride, and archery, explore the museums, and see the Big Boss Kannada Season 4 House.
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 7 PM
- Entry fee: Before 3 PM – INR 600 and afterwards INR 400
- How to reach: Located 40 km from Bangalore, you can take a private car or cab to the film city. Majestic BMTC Bus Stop is the nearest.
Government Museum Bangalore
The Government Museum in Bangalore is among the oldest in the country. Best suited for older children, it is fun. Go through the vast collection of interesting artifacts such as coins, paintings, vessels, jewelry, weapons, etc. history, and art lovers are left mesmerized. Visit the museum to open the doors of knowledge to your children.
- Why Should Kids Visit Government Museum Bangalore? They can see 600 paintings under the Venkatappa Art Gallery, weapons used by Kodago warriors, and learn more about India’s history.
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 5 PM, Closed on Mondays
- Entry fee: Adults – INR 10, Children – INR 5
- How to reach: Take a bus to Majestic Bus Stand, which is 5 km from Cubbon Park (where the museum is located).
Bangalore’s amusement park for kids and adults. If you are looking for some thrill, then pack your swimsuits and sunscreens and head to Wonder La. It is one of the fun places to visit in Bangalore.
They have up to 59 rides for various ages. The well-maintained and hygienic conditions at the water sports play areas ensure your kids are safe. Even during the winter months, Wonder La is fun. It provides heated water for the various water activities for kids. Definitely, a must if you are looking for places to visit in Bangalore with kids.
- Why Should Kids Visit Wonder La? Try out famous rides, indulge in adventurous rides like Y-scream, Maverick, Boomerang, Insanity, and go for the Korneto water ride.
- Opening hours: Theme Park – 11 AM – 6 PM, Water Park – 12.30 PM – 5 PM
- Entry fee: Weekday: Adult – INR 1349, Child – INR 1079, Weekend/Holiday: Adult – INR 1399, Child – INR 1119
- How to reach: Private or public transport can reach Wonder La. Several BMTC buses run too. You can board a bus from HSR, Majestic Koramangala, and ITLP.
Nagavara Lake and Lumbini Gardens
The Nagavara Lake and the Lumbini Gardens is a great places to head for fun. Although boating in the lake is sure to thrill the children, the garden is equally amazing. The water rides are available in a variety of options. Speedboats and water skiing activities are possible at the lake. Safety concerns are met as there are professional lifeguards appointed to keep a keen eye out. Kids can have their fill of fun.
- Why Should Kids Visit Nagavara Lake and Lumbini Gardens? Have fun at Wave Pool, enjoy boating, and kid’s rides.
- Opening hours (Lumbini Gardens): 11:00 AM to 7:00 PM, open all week
- Entry fee (Lumbini Gardens): Adults: INR 50, Kids above 3 years of age: INR 50, Free entry for kids below 3, INR 200 for Wave Pool
- How to reach: Yeshwant Railway Station is 6 km from Lumbini Gardens. You can also hire a vehicle or auto-rickshaw from anywhere in Bangalore.
- 10 Best Places to Visit Near Bangalore in April For Relaxing Holiday
- Best Places to visit near Bangalore in June with Family
This place is situated outside 60 km (approx.) from Bangalore town and is considered the best weekend getaway with kids. Nandi Hills is a serene location for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts.
If your kids love trekking, this is a must-visit destination with kids in Bangalore. The hills are positioned at 4851 feet (approx.), and you will find a fortress on the top. Nandi Hills is a perfect package for adventure seekers also. There are cycling trails, paragliding spots, ancient temples, and hills. If you are looking for a weekend in Bangalore with kids in a peaceful tranquil environment, Nandi Hill is a place to go!
- Why Should Kids Visit Nandi Hills? Trekking, enjoying the sunrise, and clicking photos.
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 10 PM, open all days
- Entry fee: INR 5 (approx.) per person
- Additional fee: Two-wheeler – INR 15 (approx.), Four wheeler – INR 60 (approx.)
How to reach: The Bangalore airport – Kempegowda International Airport is the nearest airport to reach Nandi Hills. The distance between them is 40 km (approx.). The average travel time is supposed to be 1 hour (approx.)
If you are traveling with your kids to Bangalore, Ramanagara should be your next weekend getaway. It is a famous place to go in Bangalore with kids if your child is a Bollywood movie buff! Ramanagara is the same place where the epic – Sholay movie was filmed.
You can visit Ramadevara Betta Vulture Sanctuary with your child and see the endangered species of vulture there. There are seven major hills in Ramanagara that provide respite from the city’s mundane. Also, it is an amazing place for tourists who love to see the culture of Karnataka.
- Why Should Kids Visit Ramanagara? To enjoy adventure activities, camping, ziplining, and enjoying the natural beauty.
- Opening hours of Janapada Loka Folk Arts Museum: 9 AM – 5 PM
- Entry fee: Adults – INR 20, Children – INR 10
- How to reach: The nearest airport to reach Ramnagara is in Bangalore. Its name is Kempegowda International Airport. Once you arrive at the airport, you can take a cab to reach Ramanagara. The distance between the airport to Ramanagara is 90 km (approx.). The travel time would be around 2-3 hours (approx.).
We highly suggest checking out the historic sites on your vacation to Bangalore with kids. Built in 1887 by the King Chamaraja Wadiyar, Bangalore Palace in Bangalore is the epitome of amazing architecture and beauty.
If you and your kids are history buffs, this place demands exploration. The architecture of Bangalore Palace is inspired by Windsor Castle of London. You and your kids would be spoiled with elegant and lavish splendor as this palace boasts wooden interiors and lush gardens in its outdoors.
- Why Should Kids Visit Bangalore Palace? They can learn about cultural events, take historical lessons, click pictures in front of the palace, and enjoy the amusement park inside the complex.
- Opening hours: 10 AM – 5:30 PM, open all days
- Entry fee: INR 230
- How to reach: The Bangalore International Airport is just 35 km (approx.) from Bangalore Palace. It hardly takes 30-40 minutes (approx.) to reach this epitome of architecture from Kempegowda international airport.
This park is located in the heart of Bangalore city and is known for its lush greenery. Cubbon Park is spread over 300 acres of land (approx.) and has well-maintained laws. If you want to spend some time amidst the lush greenery with kids, it is a place to go!
Such is the presence of lush greenery inside Cubbon Park that there are 6000 plants and trees positioned there. Cubbon Park is amongst the top sites in Bangalore to explore with kids for those seeking a tranquil escape amidst the calming surroundings.
- Why Should Kids Visit Cubbon Park? Enjoy nature walks, photography, see the dancing fountain, marvel at water animals at Cubbon aquarium, and ride the toy train.
- Opening hours: 6 AM – 6 PM, Close on Monday and second Tuesday of every month
- Entry fee: Free of cost entry
- How to reach: You could reach Cubbon Park from Bangalore international airport in 50-60 minutes (approx.) It is 35 km (approx.) from Kempegowda international airport.
If you are wondering what is there to do in Bangalore with kids, consider taking them to M.G. Road. Also known as Mahatma Gandhi Road, it is one of the bustling roads. When it is time for leisure activities, M.G. Road is a great place for kids. Little tourists will love their visit to M.G. Road because there are ample shops to buy souvenirs, toys. Not only shopping, but kids can also indulge in lip-smacking cuisine. Did we mention that M.G. Road is a mecca for entertainment seekers?
- Why Should Kids Visit M.G. Road? Gorge on delicious foods at the cafes, watch the skateboarders practicing, and climb up the canopy walks.
- Opening hours: 11 AM – 1 PM (approx.), open all days
- Entry fee: Free of cost
- How to reach: The average distance to reach M.G. Road from Kempegowda international airport is 35 km (approx.). It hardly takes 50-60 minutes (approx.).
Now that you have the list of the best places to visit in Bangalore with kids, it’s time to plan a trip to Bangalore. Get amazing deals, stay in comfy hotels, savor delicious foods, and avail guided private tours. Our team will be 24×7 connected with you for a smooth travel experience in Bangalore. So which places are you adding to your Bangalore with kids itinerary.
FAQs about Bangalore Tour with Kids
Q. Which are the best places to visit in Bangalore with Kids during weekends? +-
Ans: Being a popular tourist destination in India, Bangalore treats families with a number of places to visit in Bangalore with kids during weekends. These include -
- Lalbagh Botanical Gardens
- Big Bull Temple and Bugle Park
- Iskcon Temple
- Cubbon Park
- Visvesvaraya Industrial and Technical Museum
- Funky Monkeys Play Center Orion Mall
Q. What are the hill stations around Bangalore to enjoy with family? +-
Ans: For planning a quick getaway from Bangalore, here some of the most famous hill stations around Bangalore to enjoy with family -
- Nandi Hills
- Horsley Hills
Q. Which amusement parks in Bangalore are best to enjoy with kids? +-
Ans: The best amusement parks in Bangalore to take your kids to are -
- Wonderla Bangalore
- Crazy Waters
- Snow City
- Fun World
- GRS Fantasy Park
- Lumbini Gardens
- Water World
- Neeladri Amusement and Water Parks
Q. What are the best places to visit near Bangalore in summer 2021 with family? +-
Ans: To get a respite from the summer heat, check out these top tourist places to visit near Bangalore in summer 2021 with family -
- Nandi Hills
- Shivanasamudra Falls
- Hogenakkal Falls
- Nagarhole National Park
- BR Hills
Q. What are the best places near Bangalore to enjoy in winter with family? +-
Ans: Some of the coziest and the best places near Bangalore to visit in winters with family are -
Q. What are the best resorts around Bangalore for day outing? +-
Ans: Surrounded by lush greenery and well-manicured palm fringes, here are some of the best near Bangalore for day outing -
- Guhantara Resort
- Shilhaandara Resort
- Royal Orchid Resort and Convention Center
- Ramanashree California Resort
- Goldfinch Retreat
- La Classic
- Angsana Oasis Spa and Resort
- Wonderla Resort
Q. What are the most popular things to do in Bangalore for kids? +-
Ans: Bangalore has a plethora of kid-friendly places. Here are the best things to do in Bangalore for kids for a wonderful time -
- Enjoy boating at Ulsoor Lake.
- Visit Heritage Center And Aerospace Museum.
- Take an educational tour of Jawahar Bal Bhavan.
- Learn about diverse flora species at Lalbagh Botanical Garden.
- Enjoy thrilling rides at Wonderla.
- Unwind at Lumbini Gardens.
- Learn, discover and play at Girias Children's Explorium.
- Have winter fun at Snow City.
- Enjoy a wildlife safari at Bannerghatta National Park.