Newly married couples contemplate a lot while choosing a destination for their much-awaited honeymoon. As there is so much hype about Manali, “Is Manali good for honeymoon?” is the first question that arises in their head. If it does in yours too, don’t worry, you are not alone! If you are looking for the best places to visit in Manali for honeymoon, you have ended up at the right place.
A honeymoon is a special time when two people want to escape the world and spend quality time in each other’s warmth. Right? Manali is unarguably charming and attracts a large number of couples every year. If you love cold weather, mountains, and a hot cup of coffee, Manali is the perfect choice for you.
Here are the best places to visit in Manali for honeymoon couples to rejoice in love –
Rekindle the spark and talk heart-to-heart with your sweetheart at romantic places in Manali for a honeymoon and make it everlasting!
- Solang Valley – Heaven for Adventure Couples
- Beas River – Listen to Gushing Sounds of River.
- Hidimba Devi Temple – Take Blessings from Goddess Hidimba
- Gulaba – Enjoy the Peaceful Environment
- Jogini Falls – Spend time at a Secluded Spot
- Van Vihar – Enjoy Boating on Man-Made Lake
- Manali Wildlife Sanctuary – Explore the Wildlife
- Rohtang Pass – Unparalleled Natural Beauty
- Mall Road – Paradise for Shopaholics
- Kullu Valley – Witness Scenic Beauty
- Kothi – Enjoy Hiking and Camping
- Manikaran – Take Blessings for Newly Married Life
- Pandoh Dam – Witness Exotic Migratory Birds
- Old Manali – Trail Through the Beautiful Streets
To add an extra thrill to your honeymoon trip, visit Solang Valley. Also called Snow Valley, you will be delighted to eyewitness fluffy, milky white snow as far as you can see. In addition, clear blue skies and mighty peaks will be the perfect backdrop as you indulge in romantic things to do in Manali for couples.
The best adventure sports in Manali are offered here that get your adrenaline pumping. So, if you are an adventurous couple, Solang Valley is one of the best places to visit in Manali. Also, skiing, parachuting, paragliding, trekking, and mountaineering are the winter adventure sports in Manali that you can indulge in together and make everlasting memories!
Romantic things to do at Solang Valley:
- Indulge in zorbing, paragliding, camping, quad biking, etc.
- Witness the towering peaks and enjoy the view of crystal clear skies.
- Treat your eyes to stunning views while riding a Gondola.
- Attend Solang Valley Winter Festival (if visiting in December).
Visit Gulaba on your honeymoon and unlock the thrill by indulging in adrenaline-pumping adventure activities. Take your sweetheart by the hand and visit this scenic village on your Manali honeymoon trip.
After being featured in the blockbuster Bollywood film, Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Gulaba’s popularity elevated. Snuggled by the mighty peaks and verdant meadows, Gulaba is a quaint little village, which is known for its picture-perfect views and breathtaking beauty.
Moreover, you can plan your honeymoon tour to Manali throughout the year as it is blessed with abundant natural beauty and hosts many thrilling adventure activities. But, the best time to visit Manali for honeymoon for snow will be from December to February.
Gulaba is located on the Leh-Manali highway and is among the best places in Manali for honeymoon for peace-seekers. Besides, the Beas River flows through this village, which adds to its serenity and makes your quality time more romantic.
Romantic things to do at Gulaba:
- Spend a night in a camp.
- Indulge in stargazing while having a lovely conversation.
- Engage yourself with adventure activities like skiing, hiking, paragliding, etc.
- Experience a yak or a horse ride.
- Enjoy the views of towering snowy peaks.
Would you want to get away from Manali’s crowded areas and take your better half to a more secluded place? Isolated from the major touristy areas, Jogini Falls is one of the most remote and untouched places to visit in Manali, which gives you the opportunity to spend time in the lap of nature with the one you love. The ambiance of this place is perfect to tell how much you love here each other.
To reach the Jogini Falls, you have to trek through narrow paths and lush orchards, pine forests, and small streams, which adds to the fun of visiting this place. Be a little early to Jogini Falls because once the sun starts to set, you will be lost along the path that leads back to Manali.
Romantic things to do at Jogini Falls:
- Listen to the roaring sounds of the falls.
- Witness the stunning peaks of Rohtang La from here.
- Spend quality time in peace.
- Click pictures to look back and cherish.
- Enjoy the trek through narrow paths to reach Jogini Falls.
Who said only a candlelight dinner and a bouquet of rose flowers are romantic? Covered in shades of green, Manali Van Vihar or Dhungri Van Vihar, or Van Vihar National Park is one of the best places to visit for couples in Manali. If you want to enjoy a fun picnic time in the middle of the sky touching deodar trees, plan a day trip to Van Vihar.
Many honeymoon couples choose to take off-the-beaten-path and this honeymoon place in Manali is the perfect place to get started with. It receives a lesser number of tourists, which is great for you to spend magical moments together.
Also, safari is a great way to go around, explore, and witness the fauna of Van Vihar. And if you feel hungry, there are food outlets around the park you can visit and enjoy a little snack.
Romantic things to do at Van Vihar:
- Get clicked by the local vendors with bunnies or crazy wigs.
- Enjoy boating on the crystal-clear lake.
- Sit on the concrete benches under the shade of trees to relax.
- Pack a food bag to enjoy a picnic at Van Vihar.
Manali Wildlife Sanctuary
For couples who love nature and want to explore the fauna and flora of Manali, visit Manali Wildlife Sanctuary. Encapsulated with lush tropics and rich wildlife species, this sanctuary is one of the prominent tourist attractions in Manali.
Further, this massive wildlife sanctuary shelters a variety of reptiles, mammals, birds, and other creatures. Kashmiri Flying Squirrels, Himalayan Black Bears, Himalayan Yellow-throated Marten, and Barking Deer are some of them.
You will be glad to know that apart from wildlife, Manali Wildlife Sanctuary has a trekking route and various campsites inside the premises that make it a massive attraction for adventurous couples and thrill-seekers.
Romantic things to do at Manali Wildlife Sanctuary:
- Trek along the striking trekking route.
- Camp and spend the night under the twinkling stars.
- Indulge in bird watching.
- Spend time in the true essence of nature.
The gateway to Lahaul and Spiti Valley in Himachal Pradesh, Rohtang Pass remains one of the most visited places in Manali for honeymoon. Couples visit Rohtang Pass to witness the scenic beauty, sights of glaciers, mighty peaks, Lahaul Valley, and the Chandra River. Not just this but one can also catch a glimpse of the twin peaks of Geypan from Rohtang.
The unparalleled beauty of this valley provides honeymoon couples with the perfect setting to rekindle their love. Plus, the cold weather, fog, and just you two sound like the perfect plan. Right?
Rohtang Pass is an ideal place to visit in Manali for couples to get away from the hustle-bustle and curl up with a cup of hot tea amidst natural splendor. As you climb up the road, the weather will get colder and the scenery will get prettier. Who could resist taking their beloved to such a location?
Romantic things to do at Rohtang Pass:
- Try trekking as Rohtang Pass has some amazing trekking trails.
- Enjoy sled rides.
- Bike through the magnificent vistas.
- Capture the moments and beautiful landscapes.
- Indulge in skiing together.
Shopping is truly one of the best things to do in Manali for couples. And who doesn’t love shopping? If you do, Mall Road is one of the most iconic places to visit in Manali.
Acknowledged as the heart of Manali, Mall Road is bustled with heaps of activities. Lined up with dhabas, cafés, and multiple restaurants, it is a great place for those who got a flavor of bargaining skills deeply embedded in them.
Visit Mall Road on your Manali honeymoon trip and shop your heart out at various emporiums, Thai Market, Dragon Shopping Complex, Shangri La Shopping Complex, Snow Lion Underground Market, and more. Not to mention, Mall Road has the best place to stay in Manali on a honeymoon.
Romantic things to do at Mall Road:
- Shop for Tibetan and Himalayan Handicrafts.
- Buy souvenirs like prayer wheels, Dorjes, Buddhist paintings, Thangkas, nameplates, silver jewelry, etc.
- Get your hands on exquisite Kullu shawls.
- Savor some lip-smacking snacks at eateries on Mall Road.
- Take blessings for married life at Nyingmapa Buddhist Temple.
- Go for a romantic night stroll at Mall Road.
Only those who are living under a rock haven’t heard about Kullu Valley! It is one of the most beautiful valleys in Himachal Pradesh. Known as the ‘Valley of Gods’. Kully Valley can be visited on your honeymoon in Manali to enjoy quality time in peace.
Surrounded by the majestic Himalayas and River Beas, Kully Valley offers stunning views of towering Deodar jungles, rivers, apple orchards, snow-clad peaks, and scenic views. The unmatched beauty of Kully Valley has attracted several filmmakers throughout the years who shot celebrated movies like Yeh Jawaani Hai Deewani, Jab We Met, Fanna, and Krrish.
The main highlight of Kullu Valley is its adventure activities. From trekking and river rafting to mountaineering and paragliding, there are tons of adventurous things to do in Kullu Valley. Visit now!
Romantic things to do at Kullu Valley:
- Take a guided trekking tour.
- Go on a sightseeing tour around Kullu.
- Ride a bicycle together around the valley.
- Stay in a peaceful environment at Chalet in Kullu.
- Indulge in paragliding together.
- Raft on the gushing waters of the Beas River.
- Visit Kheer Ganga.
- Bathe at Manikaran Hot Spring.
Kothi is a small picturesque village that has caught the attention of many travelers now. And for couples, this is one of the most romantic places to visit in Manali. This panoramic village attracts honeymooners towards its deep gorges through which the enchanting Bear River flows.
Get away from the crowds and plan a trip to Kothi on your Manali honeymoon. Spend quality time in the lap of nature with the one you adore. The fascinating gorges, geothermal springs, abundant beauty, and serenity will provide the perfect backdrop for your romance.
Being in proximity to Solang Valley and Rohtang Pass, Kothi is a hotspot for adventure seekers and is also a photographer’s paradise. A hike to Rohtang Pass via Kothi Village is the perfect activity you can indulge in at Kothi Village.
Romantic things to do at Kothi Village:
- Hike through the village to reach Rohtang Pass.
- Stay in an overnight camp.
- Explore the village hand-in-hand.
- Click cute couple of pictures with a picture-perfect background.
Pay your respects to the majestic gurdwara and temples situated in Manikaran. Take blessings for your newly married life and pray for a blissful future.
Manikaran is a small town situated in the scenic Parvati Valley and is an important pilgrimage center for both Hindus and Sikhs. Hindus believe that the first human life was created in Manikaran, after intense floods, and for Sikhs, this is a religious place due to the presence of the iconic Sri Guru Nanak Dev Ji Gurudwara.
Manikaran is one of the best attractions in Manali for honeymoon boosts Manali tourism and is perfect for honeymoon couples to take blessings and begin their new life together on a happy note.
Romantic Things to do at Manikaran:
- Pray for your happy future.
- Take blessings for your married life.
- Enjoy a relaxing dip in the hot springs.
- Trek to Harinder Mountain.
- Seek blessings at Naina Bhagwati Temple.
- Cook rice in muslin bags at Lord Shiva Temple.
Love birdwatching? Visit Pandoh Dam in Manali on your honeymoon and witness exotic migratory species taking refuge in the reservoir. The enchanting beauty of this location is worth mentioning.
On the way to Manali, stop at Pandoh Dam and admire its beauty. It is one of the major tourist places in Manali for honeymooners that will treat their eyes to the magnificent views that surround it. Located 10 km from Manali, it is a huge dam taming the feisty flow of the Beas River.
In the lower bed of the dam, you can experience thrilling activities and make the most of your time at Pandoh Dam on your honeymoon trip.
Romantic things to do at Pandoh Dam:
- Watch beautiful and exotic migratory bird species.
- Enjoy river rafting together.
- Treat your eyes to the stunning scenery that surrounds the dam.
Get away from the hustle-bustle and take your loved one to trail the streets of Old Manali. Residing at a height of 6000 feet above sea level, Old Manali is a must-visit for the best shopping and food.
Relax and unwind, walk through the streets, and delight in the lush green tropics. The calm and soothing weather of Old Manali will spark romance while you sit at a pretty café to enjoy a cup of coffee.
Old Manali is often preferred by solo travelers but is one of the best places to visit in Manali for honeymoon too. Apart from this, if you are adventurous, you can indulge in thrilling activities like river rappelling. Discover the nooks and corners of Old Manali by hiring a cab or scooter and catch the mesmerizing sunset together.
Romantic things to do at Old Manali:
- Savor mouth-watering foods at various restaurants and cafés.
- Stroll hand-in-hand through the streets of Old Manali.
- Shop your heart out at Old Manali Market.
- Take blessings at ancient monasteries and temples.
- Taste some delicious local wine at Old Manali.
Is Manali a good place for a honeymoon?
Absolutely! In fact, Manali is one of the most visited winter honeymoon destinations in India. The weather, the snow, and the adventures make Manali magical. The pleasant weather and cool breeze of Manali save you from the brutal brunt of India’s summer. And for couples who love snow, what better place you could possibly think of when it comes to Himachal Pradesh?
Manali is the land of adventures and offers exciting adventure activities that you can indulge in as a couple and make thousands of memories (or more!). The peace and privacy that you are looking for on your Manali honeymoon trip will be met with.
Pack your bags, grab your partner’s hand, and hit the road to visit one of the best honeymoon hill stations in India. The above-mentioned places are the best places to visit in Manali for a honeymoon and will offer the best honeymoon experience that you will cherish forever. Don’t wait further and visit Manali for a journey that will bring everlasting memories for you!