Renowned for its various craft and handiwork items, Himachal Pradesh boasts its ample shopping arcades for the shopping freaks. Since isolated from most parts of the country, Himachal Pradesh has a specific culture of its own. Reflected in the handcraft items, Himachal Pradesh has a gallery of various handiworks which is admired by people across the globe.
- Rugs and Carpets :- Adorned by traditional motifs the Rugs and Carpets emblematize the culture of Himachal. Various motifs in Carpets including Garuda perched on a flowering tree, Flutes and lotus flower in full bloom. Soft blankets are prepared from fleecy sheep reared in hills of Himachal Pradesh. Rugs prepared from beaten wool are of high quality and has a high market value. Your Shopping in Himachal would undoubtedly include Rugs and Carpets.
- Painting :- your shopping list would invariably include Thangkas. These are brightly tinged cloth painting displaying various Buddhist Fairs and Festival. They also include some poses of Lord Buddha. They are very popular among the foreign tourists. Shopping in Himachal Pradesh would be incomplete without Thangkas. Painting in Himachal includes Kangra Style of Panting which is said to be most poetic and lyrical. Here motifs like idealization of women are generally selected, so this topic is commonly found in Kangra Style of painting. It would be an important addition in your shopping spree.
- Wood Carving :- While retaining the old world charm Himachal Pradesh prepares wooden works like cradles, bedsteads, low settees, boxes and ladles. Shopping in Himachal Pradesh would definitely be incomplete without wooden handiworks.
- Garments and Accessories :- embroidered Kurtas and colorful accessories are most in demand at Himachal Pradesh for their qualities. They are assets that would forever remind you of your visit to Himachal. While shopping in Himachal do not forget to put them in your own basket.
- Embroidery :- Embroidery items include rumals, coverlets, hand fans, caps and cholis. They constitute important part of your shopping list and you can gift them to your relatives after returning.
There are numerous other items like woolen garments and shawls available from Government Emporia, Himachal Pradesh. Located mainly in Manali, Shimla and Dalhousie these shopping arcades offer the visitor an opportunity of a fabulous shopping experience. The shopping arcades of the streets are opened during evening allowing you to complete your shopping list with perhaps a few metal ware, jewel and leatherwork items.