With varying climatic conditions all throughout the year, Himachal Pradesh offers a lot to the travelers. Though the climatic conditions in Himachal remain pleasant and enjoyable through the year, it is best to know about climate conditions of Himachal Pradesh beforehand to Plan the perfect holiday. Though this beautiful state promises a good time to all who plan to visit here during any season, we have listed some information below. This is what one must know about the weather conditions in Himachal Pradesh that prevail during different seasons in Himachal Pradesh.
Summers (March-June) – 22 °C to 37°C
Himachal Pradesh witnesses the summer season right from the beginning of March which ends till June. The summer season makes people from different parts of the world visit Himachal as the place offers a great climate to be in. It is the time when people get to enjoy cool and pleasant breeze all throughout the day.
Why visit in Himachal in summers?
- Summer is the season where you can enjoy activities such as camping, trekking, water sports and paragliding.
- There are many tourist attractions in Himachal Pradesh such as Dharamkot, Bir and Billing which deserve a must-visit during summers.
Summer season is a complete no-no for people who dislike crowded places as Himachal Pradesh is full with tourists this season.
Monsoon (July-September) - 25°C to 31°
So, it rains all around Himachal Pradesh from the month of July to September. During this season, people get the best view of nature amidst the green fields and high mountains. Monsoon is considered the best time for those who wish to have a unique experience. It is when travelers can enjoy white water rafting along with other water sports.
Why visit in Himachal in Monsoon?
- To have a great experience while taking part in water sport activities.
- Monsoon is when there is a romantic atmosphere all around the state. So, it is best for those who want to spend some quality time with their loved ones.
- It is the perfect time to visit places like Lahual, Tabo, Palampur, Kinnaur, Kasauli, McLeodganj and Dalhousie.
Be it anything, no one wishes to put their life in danger. In some parts of the state, there are chances of landslides. So, plan your trip accordingly.
Winter (October-February) - 0°C to 15°C
Want to have a snowfall-holiday? Winter is the season for you. It is when you get to take part in different winter sports activities. The season begins with the coming of October and extends till February.
Why visit in Himachal in Winters?
- If you wish to enjoy a really good amount of snowfall, winter is the season for you!
- It is the time when you can enjoy sports like Heli-skiing and ice- skiing.
Avoid visiting Himachal Pradesh this season if you don’t like the chilling weather.