After hearing Paris, one thing that comes to mind is the Eiffel Tower. What if I tell you that Paris is much more than the Eiffel Tower & cheese? Sounds fascinating. Yes, you were unaware of many exciting & unheard facts about Paris. Once you know these facts, you’ll see what you have been missing till now.
Is Paris your dream destination? Many have Paris on their bucket list, primarily because of the Eiffel Tower. However, Paris is a different world where the streets overflow with culture, art, stories, history, and beauty. No matter how many times you visit Paris, it will never fail to amaze you every single time. Besides the Eiffel Tower, this City of Love will romanticize everything there for you here.
Do you know there are many facts other than the Eiffel Tower that will leave you astonished? These facts will make you see this place differently. Here are some interesting facts about Paris.
Interesting Facts about Paris
- Paris is the world’s fashion capital, originating with world-famous fashion brands like Chanel, Dior, and Louis Vuitton.
- Paris has the prestigious painting of the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Da Vinci in the Louvre Museum.
- The famous cocktail Bloody Mary was first made in the French capital.
- You’ll need at least 200 days to visit everything in the Louvre museum if you stand for 30 seconds in front of each painting.
- It’s illegal to print, sell, or distribute photos of the Eiffel Tower at night because of the lights by which the tower is illuminated, as it is artists’ work. Hence, they have their copyright.
- You’ll find sparkling water fountains throughout Paris, as their waters are top-notch. So, you don’t need to waste your hefty amount of water.
- This city is divided into 20 arrondissements. Each has its mayor and council.
Unknown Facts about Paris
- The most visited attraction in Paris is not the Eiffel Tower but the Notre Dame Cathedral.
- Home to 830 libraries, Paris has the most libraries in the world.
- French is not the only language spoken in Paris. Therefore, there are 300 local languages spoken in Paris, making it a linguistically diverse city worldwide.
- Paris has been the setting of many films. Hence the shooting in Paris is free of cost. Accordingly, the shooting of ten commercials or films takes place there daily.
- Paris is so hyped that some tourists leave their vacation disappointed as they don’t find this place according to their expectations. Hence, they suffer from an ailment called Paris syndrome.
- Below the street of Paris is an underground tunnel containing the skeletons & bones of 6 million people. This tunnel is now open for tourists to visit this place.
- The French have gifted the Statue of Liberty to the United States. Besides this, Paris has its own Statue of Liberty and not one, in fact, five of them.
Fun Facts about Paris
- There are more dogs in Paris than children.
- Being an exception, Paris still uses carrier pigeons to convey messages.
- At first, locals hated the Eiffel Tower due to its design.
- The Nazis ordered the destruction of the Eiffel Tower, but the General ignored his appeal.
- To light up the Eiffel Tower, it takes up to 20,000 bulbs.
- An Italian thief once stole Leonardo Da Vinci’s most valuable Mona Lisa artwork.
- The tradition of love locks didn’t start in Paris, but Paris being a romantic city, came into the limelight for this tradition.
Historical Facts about Paris
- French people were the first ones to wear the camouflage army uniform.
- Paris is one of the first European cities to install streetlights; that’s why it is also known as the City of Lights.
- Paris was originally a Roman city. Initially, it was named Lutetia.
- Paris was ruled by the shortest-serving French King, who bore the throne in just five days.
- The first photograph of a human being ever taken was in Paris.
- All the distances in Paris are measured from Notre Dame Cathedral. Hence, Notre Dame is considered to be point zero in Paris.
- The Eiffel Tower, for which most of the population goes to Paris, was built for the 1889 World’s Fair and was supposed to be dismantled after 20 years.
When in the city of love, treat your taste buds with delicious coffee and freshly baked croissants & learn about these unknown facts that will leave you spellbound. Head on to Indian Holiday and reach out to our travel experts, who will curate your itinerary for the Paris Tour Package, according to your needs. CALL TODAY…