Hey Mumbaikers! It is a time to awaken the traveler inside you that was waiting for a long time to travel. You can visit monsoon weekend getaways from Mumbai to celebrate the rainy season and rejuvenate yourself. There are plenty of options to escape the city’s hustling-bustling, where you can get a refreshing environment. Enjoying a short vacation from Mumbai is a stress buster for you that is much needed.
We have meticulously crafted a list of the best places to visit near Mumbai in the monsoon. So whether you want to unwind or indulge in some adventure sports, these monsoon places near Mumbai delightfully welcome you. By visiting these monsoon places near Mumbai, you will feel the refreshing breeze and sprinkle of raindrops that give you much-needed rejuvenation.
Here is the list of Best Places To Visit near Mumbai During Monsoon
- Igatpuri– Compelling blend of natural elements
- Matheran– Exceptional panoramic vistas
- Karnala– Ancient meet with Nature
- Panchgani– Feel the loveliness of nature
- Mahabaleshwar– A picturesque quaint hill station
- Khandala– Treasure of fun and thrill
- Kolad– A hub of adventure
- Karjat– Enjoy the enthralling weekend
- Durshet– A green Paradise
- Malshej Ghat– Unbeatable Natural Beauty
1. Igatpuri: Compelling blend of natural elements
The misty hills and calming ambiance make Igatpuri one of the most blissful places to visit near Mumbai in the monsoon. Enjoy the rain while having the combination of vada pav and chai. Is it not something that gives you perfect monsoon vibes? We bet you just said yes to yourself. The captivating surroundings and weather entice you to hum a romantic song while exploring the charm of this destination.
The more you discover Igatpuri, the more you fall in love with its beauty. It is one of the most popular places to visit in Maharashtra during the monsoon that comes alive in this season. Apart from enjoying nature, beauty, or trekking, you can give yourself a wellness retreat by practicing meditation at Vipassana Centre.
- Distance from Mumbai: 121 KM (approx)
- Travel time: 2.5 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Interstate Buses, Cab, Private Tour Buses, Self-Drive.
- Activities to enjoy: A Nature walk, camping, trekking, photography, and sightseeing.
- Places to Visit: Tringalwadi Fort, Vihigaon Waterfall, Bhavali Dam, Vipassana Centre, Kalsubai Peak, Ghatandevi Temple.
2. Matheran: An automobile free hill-station of Asia
Witness the beauty of nature and panoramic views at one of the top-rated monsoon weekend getaways from Mumbai. It is one of the charming hill stations of Maharashtra, where you can enjoy the jaw-dropping sunrise and sunset. The moment you step in Matheran, the photographer in you, will step out. Each side of this destination is appealing that you would love to explore and capture more. Fascinating ways to reach the Matheran make it more charming.
The choice and fun will be yours whether you want to arrive by a horse ride or a toy train. On your way, you will enjoy the pristine landscape and behold awe-inspiring sights. Apart from that, admiring the colonial architecture and bird watching are some of the best things to do in Matheran. The rain of the monsoon adds a layer of beauty and makes it the epitome of natural beauty.
- Distance from Mumbai: 83 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 2 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Interstate buses, cab, private tour buses, and self-drive
- Activities to enjoy: Water rappelling, Trekking, Camping, Birdwatching.
- Places to visit: Shivaji’s Ladder, Alexander Point, Louisa Point, Porcupine Point, Prabalgad, Pisharnath Mahadev Mandir.
3. Karnala: Ancient meet with nature
Feast your eyes by looking at the combination of green vistas, silvery waterfalls, and majestic mountains by visiting Karnala. This will be your pick if you are looking for the best monsoon getaways to visit from Mumbai within 100 km. It is a paradise for nature lovers, as you can experience the surreal beauty of the environment in every corner. On this weekend trip to Karnala, you will be amazed to witness the Karnala Fort.
This old-age fort is taken over by plants, limbers, and green mosses. Trek to the fort with pleasant weather will take your excitement to the next level. The Mumbai coastline and Sahyadri Range from here give you an unparalleled experience. Every single second you spend here is worth spending and gives you fantastic experiences. In addition, you can visit Karnala Bird Sanctuary, a home to more than 150 bird species and not less than heaven for the birdwatcher.
- Distance from Mumbai: 48 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 1.5 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Self-drive, Buses, Private tour buses, and Cab
- Activities to Enjoy: Trekking, Wildlife Spotting, Bird Watching, Photography
- Places to Visit: Usaran Waterfall, Karnala Fort, Karnala Bird Sanctuary
4. Panchgani: Feel the loveliness of nature
The lush green forest and scenic vistas make it a perfect monsoon getaway from Mumbai. This enchanting hill station is enclosed by immense mountains, peaceful valleys, cascading waterfalls, and lush green forests. What other elements do you need to celebrate the monsoon? Whether you are seeking a romantic, adventurous, or peaceful monsoon, Panchgani will never disappoint you in any sense. This hill station has many attractions to make your weekend remarkable.
From exploring history to admiring nature, this hill station will leave its indelible mark on your memories. Once you fill your heart with natural beauty, you can enjoy trekking, hiking, and walking around to witness British bungalows, Rajpuri Caves, and Pratapgad Fort. Spending a weekend at Panchgani is about connecting yourself with beauty, thrill, mystery, and art.
- Distance from Mumbai: 244 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 4.5 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Buses, Cab, Taxi, Self-drive
- Activities to Enjoy: Camping, Sightseeing, Paragliding, Biking
- Places to Visit: Mahabaleshwar Temple, Sydney Point, Mapro Garden, Panchganga Mandir, Venna Lake, Mount Malcolm
5. Mahabaleshwar: A picturesque hill station
Being blessed with beautiful temples, gushing waterfalls, stunning views, and abundant tourist attractions, this hill station is the perfect choice for a vacation. Mahabaleshwar always holds its place in the list of famous places to visit near Mumbai during the monsoon. The river and valley of Mahabaleshwar are some attractions that will hold a special place in your heart.
Every element of Mahabaleshwar will stun you at every moment during your visit. It is fully packed with surprises and beauty for nature lovers and honeymooners. From visiting the Lingmala waterfall to trekking to Wilson point, this weekend trip from Mumbai to Mahabaleshwar keeps you entertained and soothes your senses.
- Distance from Mumbai: 263 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 5 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Cab, Taxi, Buses, and personal vehicle
- Activities to Enjoy: Birdwatching, Shikara Rides, Trekking, Birdwatching, Sightseeing, Exploring Caves, and enjoy picnics at Connaught Peak
- Places to Visit: Venna Lake, Arthurs’s Seat, Elephant’s Head Point, Chinaman’s Falls, Dhobi Waterfall, Panchgani, Connaught Peak.
6. Khandala: Treasure of fun and thrill
Enjoy the weekend in the lap of mother nature by making a weekend trip to Khandala. A visit to Khandala allows you to witness the magic of the monsoon through its brimming lakes, lush greenery, and natural beauty. Everything seems perfectly beautiful in Khandala, especially in the monsoon. No wonder! It is one of the most famous weekends getaways from Mumbai in the rainy season.
You will get lots of dimensions to your jubilant mode by connecting yourself with the enthralling experiences. Once you set your feet in Khandala, you will be awestruck by witnessing the beauty that is scattered everywhere in many forms. Duke Nose, Pawna lake, Tung fort, and Tikona fort are some of the must-visit tourist attractions of Khandala.
- Distance from Mumbai: 80 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 2 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Buses, car, taxi, Cab, and self-drive
- Activities to Enjoy: Explore Bedsa Cave, Get a bird’s eye view from Visapur Fort, Give your eyes a new height at Lion’s Point.
- Places to Visit: Rajmachi Fort, Shrivardhan Fort, Shooting point, Shingriba Temple, Lohagad Fort.
7. Kolad: A hub of adventure
It is one of the perfect places for making your monsoon outing more adventurous. Kolad is one of the most beautiful weekend destinations in Maharashtra during the Monsoon season that offers something interesting for different kinds of tourists. It would not be wrong to call it one of the top-notch playgrounds near Mumbai. From white river rafting to zip-lining, you can welcome the thrill in your life with many dimensions.
This land is full of beautiful campsites, picture-perfect homestays, and natural surroundings, but a touch of adventure makes it perfect. Impressive waterfalls, picturesque lakes, and natural beauty are attractive elements that change the boring weekend wheel of your life into a staggering weekend. Apart from indulging yourself in the thrill, you can collect rare and unique experiences by visiting Ghosala Fort and the Kuda Caves. These are some of the best tourist attractions of Kodala that enhance your traveling experience.
- Distance from Mumbai: 127 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 3 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Buses, Car, taxis, self-drive
- Activities to Enjoy: Camping, Trekking, River Rafting, Nature Walk
- Places to visit: Tamhini Ghat Waterfall, Sutarwadi Lake, Bhira Dam.
8. Karjat: Enjoy the enthralling weekend
Fully loaded with impressive raw natural beauty and ambrosial landscapes, this quaint hilly town is a perfect weekend getaway destination from Mumbai. During the monsoon, the beauty of Karjat becomes synonymous with words such as unparalleled, heavenly, lively, and delightful. The beauty of this place exhibits in many forms, like impressive caves, blissful lush green valleys, and some impressive ancient temples.
The Hindu pilgrim and adventure seekers feel like heaven on earth during their weekend trip in Mumbai in the monsoon. You can enjoy camping in Ulhas Valley, which connects you with nature and gives a touch of bliss to adventure. The striking waterfalls and water streams amidst lush green nature are scenic views that cannot be faded away from your heart. Hiking trails in Karjat will satiate your hunger.
- Distance from Mumbai: 63 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 2 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Cab, Private Taxi, Buses, and Self-Drive
- Activities to Enjoy: Trekking, Camping, Hiking, Sightseeing, Exploring Caves, Absorb the Spirituality.
- Places to Visit: Bhivpuri Waterfall, Bhor Ghat, Mahavir Jain Temple, Kondeshwar Temple, Kondana Caves
9. Durshet: A green paradise
Wrapped in thick forests in the lap of the magnificent Sahyadri ranges with the Amba River flowing through the woods, it is a word-paint-picture of Durshet. By providing a blend of tranquility and pleasant weather in the Monsoon, Durshat defines natural beauty. So if you are looking for a tranquil destination near Mumbai that offers wondrous experiences for your weekend trip, here is your pick.
Whether you want to indulge in a river crossing, nature walks, or trekking, the surrounding beauty makes it perfect for you. So it is no surprise that Durshet is on the list of best places to visit near Mumbai during the Monsoon. It is a place that is full of waterfalls that are a feast for your eyes. Apart from sightseeing, Durshat offers many ways to pump the adrenaline rush in your body. Rappelling, Rock-climbing, and trekking are some popular things to do here.
- Distance from Mumbai: 76 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 1.5 Hours
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Road trip by Self-drive, Cab, Taxi, Tour Bus, Interstate bus.
- Activities to Enjoy: Water Sports, Trekking, Camping, Rappelling, Night Safari.
- Places to Visit: Pali Fort, Pali Ganpati Temple, Durshet Forest Lodge, Uddhar Hot Springs, Mahad Ganapati Temple
Also Checkout- Best Places to visit near Mumbai in Monsoon for 2 Days
10. Malshej Ghat: Unbeatable Natural Beauty
Rolling clouds on your eye level, pleasing climate, stunning mountains, and relaxing vibes around it are Malshej Ghat’s charm. No wonder it is one of the top destinations to visit during the monsoon near Mumbai. It is the place that is home to beautiful birds, trees, and animals. When you set your feet and let your eyes catch the beauty, you can spot quails, rails, cranes, flamingos, and cuckoos here.
This place’s natural beauty and landscapes are matchless and offer great experiences. Every second fills your heart with delight, from enjoying nature to indulging in fun activities like trekking, camping, and hiking. After enjoying the weekend vacation at Malshej Ghat, you can rejuvenate yourself as there are some excellent resorts.
- Distance from Mumbai: 127 KM (approx)
- Travel Time: 3 Hours (approx)
- Connectivity from Mumbai: Private Tour Buses, Taxi, Self-Drive, Cab, Interstate Buses.
- Activities to Enjoy: Nature walks, Sightseeing, Trekking, Camping Photography.
- Places to Visit: Ajoba Hill Fort, Malshej Falls, Harishchandragad Fort, Pimpalgaon Joga Dam.
Enjoying a monsoon at the perfect destination is all about welcoming enthusiasm into your life. Each destination we mentioned above displays extraordinary beauty, adventures, pleasant climate, marvels of nature, and many more elements. You can choose yours from the Monsoon Weekend Getaways from Mumbai list that matches your interest. Each destination is open to give you incredible experiences of Monsoon.