Swami Vivekananda – In reading him, you meet him !
Swami Vivekananda’s Beliefs
Tendency of Vivekananda’s mind like that of his Guru Ramakrishna, was to soar high above the world and forget itself in the contemplation of the absolute. Vivekananda was born to an orthodox Hindu family in Bengal 1863. From an early age, he displayed signs of great compassion and also the qualities of a natural leader. Vivekananda had a sharp intellect and devoured literature from both East and West this included Western philosophy and the great English poets. Vivekananda particularly liked the rational reasoning of the West.
10 best quotes of Swami Vivekananda on his birthday:
- Believe in God when tough time comes. And if he doesn’t help, just know that it’s not tough enough.
- Arise! Awake! and Stop Not till the Goal is Reached!
- Astrology and all these mystical things are generally signs of a weak mind.
- You cannot believe in God until you believe in yourself.
- The world is the great gymnasium where we come to make ourselves strong.
- Strength is life, weakness is death.
- God Gave Me Nothing I Wanted; He Gave Me Everything I Needed.
- Education is the manifestation of the perfection already in man.
- You will be nearer to Heaven through football than through the study of the Bhagavad Gita.
- Be a Hero. Always Say, “I Have No Fear”.
~ Indian Government declared Jan 12 as the National Youth Day in 1984. ~
- Gujarat Govt Announces New Heritage Tourism Policy - September 12, 2020
- Uttarakhand Government Sponsors Your Holiday there! - September 11, 2020
- Taj Mahal and Agra Fort Reopen on September 21 - September 10, 2020