Sitting on a hammock under the golden sun with a breathtaking view of the vast turquoise ocean in the front and your favorite drink in hand. Doesn’t it sound heavenly? If you have been planning a trip to Maldives for the longest time but couldn’t get around it, now is the time. If you are a couple or a family looking for the best places to visit in Maldives, we’ve got the perfect list for you!
From exotic islands and white shiny beaches to magnificent reefs and museums, there is no dearth of tourist places to visit in Maldives. Peaceful islands, unmatched luxury, and a fascinating underwater life make places in Maldives worth every visit.
The Maldives islands are studded with luxurious water villas and endless palm groves that are sure to take your breath away. And the blend of blue, white, and green will make you feel like you are in paradise on Earth!
So don’t wait any longer, grab your passport, and get ready to explore one of the most beautiful places in the world – Maldives!
Take a look at the best places to visit in Maldives for an Enthralling Experience –
- Male City
- Artificial Beach
- National Museum
- Addu Atoll
- Maafushi Island
- Grand Friday Mosque
- Fulhadhoo Island
- The Muraka – Conrad
- Vaadhoo Island
- Whale Submarine
1. Male City – Experience the Culture of Maldives
What better place to start exploring the top Maldives attractions than its pint-sized capital, Male. Famed for its ancient mosque, colorful buildings, turquoise waters, and swaying plan trees, Male is one of the best places to explore in Maldives. Surrounded by heritage buildings on one side and shades of blue and green on the other, you cannot afford to miss this beautiful city on your Maldives trip. From strolling the streets buzzing with lively markets to learning about Maldivian history, there are so many interesting things to do in Male.
Things to do in Male City:
- Visit the Grand Friday Mosque.
- Discover historical treasures at the National Museum.
- Escape the hustle-bustle and spend time at Artificial Beach.
- Visit the Tsunami Museum.
- Savor delicious seafood.
- Go for a walk at lush Rasrani Bageecha.
- Get your hands on souvenirs at Majeedhee Magu.
2. Artificial Beach – Perfect for Beach Lovers and Food Connoisseurs
A man-made beach, Artificial Beach does not appear to be artificial at first glance! Known for its breathtaking beauty, Artificial Beach in Male attracts a large number of beach lovers and foodies. Lounging areas, barbeques, cafes are perfect for food aficionados, while adventure buffs can enjoy water activities for a memorable time. With a plethora of activities available for entertainment, Artificial Beach proves to be one of the best places to visit in Maldives with family.
Things to do at Artificial Beach:
- Visit the famous Oxygen Café and savor scrumptious meals.
- Indulge in water activities at the beach.
- Enjoy long walks on the seaside.
- Watch the spectacular sunset.
3. National Museum – A Peek Into Maldivian History
With a unique and well-kept collection of artifacts, the National Museum in Maldives offers tourists a peek into the history of this island nation. It is one of the most interesting places to visit in Maldives to see a massive assortment of royal antiquities ranging from the Islamic and Buddhist eras. It is heaven for history buffs and craft lovers. Costumes and ornaments of the erstwhile kings and queens, thrones, palanquins, royal sunshade, manuscripts, arms, and armor, there is a lot of treasure preserved to instill patriotic feelings in Maldivian citizens.
Things to do at National Museum:
- Witness the well-preserved collection of the bygone era.
- Delve deep into Maldives’ past.
4. Addu Atoll – Packed with Stunning Islands
Blessed with some of the most breathtaking islands, Addu Atoll is also known as Seenu Atoll and is among the best tourist places in Maldives. On your Maldives trip, explore the beautiful islands at Addu Atoll including the picturesque Gan Island. Meedhoo Island, Hulhudhoo Island, Maradhoo Island, and Feydhoo Island are other pristine islands you can visit with your loved ones. Densely populated with clean local villages and tall shady coconut trees, there are various fun water activities for adventure seekers like diving, snorkeling, and fishing.
Things to do at Addu Atoll:
- Explore the famous Gan Island.
- Roam around the fine sand beaches and soak in the beauty.
- Interact with the natives for an authentic experience.
- Dive deep into the sea and explore the underwater marine life.
- Go for a fishing tour.
5. Maafushi Island – Spend Quality Time with Your Spouse
If you are planning a honeymoon trip to Maldives, Maafushi Island is one of the best places to visit in Maldives for couples. Away from the crowds, it is ideal to spend quality time with your beloved and indulge in sweet conversations. In addition, Maafushi Island is dotted with cozy guesthouses and hostels that are perfect for honeymooners for a cozy stay. Besides, there are historical monuments, sandbars, restaurants, and diving agencies that will make your visit to Maafushi Island in Maldives worth it.
Things to do at Maafushi Island:
- Indulge in exciting water activities like snorkeling, catamaran rides, and scuba diving.
- Visit Furafathi to enjoy snorkeling and witness rich marine life.
- Relax on the lounge chair with your loved one.
- Go for night fishing in Maafushi.
- Witness Boduberu Show for a memorable Maldives trip.
6. Grand Friday Mosque – Witness the Stunning Architecture
One of the top religious places to visit in Maldives, the Grand Friday Mosque not only entices spiritual seekers but also architecture admirers. The simplicity and the white-marble modern structure make this appealing to tourists. The mosque has a huge golden dome that towers the main square, Jumhoree Maidan. For the best experience, avoid prayer times and visit between 9 am to 5 pm. And since this is a religious place, it is necessary to wear appropriate full-length clothes for both men and women.
Things to do at Grand Friday Mosque:
- Witness the hall that fits almost 5,000 worshippers.
- Admire the stunning architecture of the mosque.
- Relax your mind and seek inner peace.
7. Fulhadhoo Island – Walk on the White Sand Beaches
Clear lagoons, white-sand beaches, swaying palm trees, and a serene ambiance are what make Fulhadhoo Island one of the must-visit places in Maldives. This pristine island is also one of the least explored and isolated islands, which hold hidden treasures. If you want to spend quality time with your one and only, Fulhadhoo Island is among the best places to visit in Maldives for honeymoon. To enjoy your time here to the fullest, enjoy snorkeling, diving, and turtle and dolphin spotting.
Things to do at Fulhadhoo Island:
- Stay at the luxury resorts.
- Enjoy watching underwater life while snorkeling.
- Walk on the white sands hand-in-hand with your partner.
- Swim in the blue lagoons.
8. The Muraka – Conrad – Experience an Exotic Style of Living
Book a stay at Conrad Maldives Rangali Island Resort for the best stay experience on your Maldives vacation. A lavish 2-level undersea villa, this resort will offer you the best time in Maldives and let you sleep under the azure blue waters of the Indian Ocean. The Muraka – Conrad is sure to provide you with a surreal experience. For a memorable stay, this resort offers world-class amenities like a private chef and butler, professional spa treatments, water activities, an infinity pool, and an on-call fitness trainer. Conrad Maldives resort is not just an accommodation but one of the most fascinating Maldives sightseeing places.
Things to do at The Muraka – Conrad:
- Indulge in jet-skiing, snorkeling, and diving activities offered by The Muraka.
- Enjoy the spa treatments and rejuvenate your mind and body.
- Swim in the infinity pool.
- Enjoy a delicious meal cooked by private chefs.
- Sleep under the water and watch the sea creatures.
9. Vaadhoo Island – Get Fascinated by the Glowing Beach
Vaadhoo Island is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Maldives where the waters glow a night. Not just this but It is among the most visited tourist destinations in Maldives due to its unique phenomenon that makes the water glow, thus attracting millions of tourists. Microscopic planktons emit bright blue light in the waters that make an ethereal effect. This makes it the perfect place to spend time after sundown. Also, the best time to visit Maldives is between June and October to observe the water glow brightly.
Things to do at Vaadhoo Island:
- Stroll on the beach at night.
- Witness the blue waters glowing beautifully at night.
- Sit by the beach and enjoy the peaceful environment.
- Enjoy scuba diving and kayaking at Vaadhoo Island.
10. Whale Submarine – Witness the Rich Underwater Life and Marine Creatures
One of the best things to do in Maldives with kids is taking a 45-minute underwater cruise. A major attraction in Maldives, Whale Submarine is unlike any other experience. It offers an exciting peek into the rich underwater life of this island nation and makes your trip memorable. Yellow Boxfish, Yellow and Blue Snappers, Common Lionfish, turtles, and shark rays are some of the marine creatures that will catch your attention during this ride. If you are a non-diver, this is one of the best activities in Maldives for you.
Things to do in Whale Submarine:
- Watch the underwater life of Maldives.
- See Common Lionfish, yellow boxfish, and other marine creatures.
So which is your favorite place among the best places to visit in Maldives? Whether calm islands are on your mind or adventure water activities, Maldives has a lot of tourist places to make your holiday memorable. From exotic and serene islands to ancient mosques and heritage buildings, there are many wonderful destinations to explore in Maldives. So why wait longer? Plan a trip to Maldives with us and experience a blissful vacation amidst pristine beaches!
Complete Guide for Planning Honeymoon in Maldives
Adventure Activities in Maldives That Challenge the Daredevil in you
Best Resorts in the Maldives for Couples for Unadulterated Relaxation
Top Historical Sites in The Maldives
A Family Holiday to the Maldives
Interesting Facts about Maldives you must Know
FAQs about Maldives
Q. What is the best time to visit Maldives? +-
Ans: December to March is the best time to visit Maldives for a relaxing vacation. The weather during this time is tropical and warm and the temperature remains between 29°C to 31°C. January to April are the driest months in Maldives with low humidity and little rain, making this time the peak season in Maldives.
Q. What are the top beaches in Maldives? +-
Ans: The Maldives is an island nation and is blessed with a number of pristine beaches. On your vacation in Maldives, you can spend time at the best beaches with your spouse and family for a memorable time. Here are the best beaches in Maldives-
- Hulhumale Beach
- Bikini Beach
- Artificial Beach
- Taj Exotica Beach
- Mirihi Island Beach
- Cocoa Island Beaches
- Bioluminescent Beaches
- Veligandu Island Beaches
- Fulhadhoo Beach
Q. What are the best things to do in Maldives? +-
Ans: There are a plethora of activities to enjoy in Maldives. Whether you want to relax or indulge in thrilling water sports, you have options to choose from. Check out the best things to do in Maldives for couples and families -
- Enjoy a dolphin-spotting sunset cruise.
- Take a romantic walk at Sultan Park.
- Go for a shopping tour at Majeedhee Magu.
- Indulge in snorkeling at Mahibadhoo Island.
- Watch underwater creatures on a Whale Submarine tour.
- Enjoy kayaking at Hanimaadhoo Island.
- Go scuba diving at Banana Reef.
- Enjoy massage and spa treatments.
Q. What are some of the best adventure activities in Maldives? +-
Ans: If you are an adventure seeker, Maldives hosts ample adventure activities for you to have an unforgettable vacation. Here are the best adventure activities you can enjoy in Maldives -
Kiteboarding or Kitesurfing
Q. What are the top luxury resorts in Maldives? +-
Ans: For the best stay experience in Maldives, there are many lavish resorts offering world-class amenities like an infinity pool, on-call fitness center, private beach, water activities, etc. Take a look at the top luxury resorts in Maldives to stay with your loved ones for a great experience -
- Sheraton Maldives Full Moon Resort & Spa
- Hotel Riu Palace Maldives
- Sun Siyam Iru Veli
- Emerald Maldives Resort & Spa
- Amari Havodda Maldives
- Paradise Island Resort & Spa
Q. What are the best places to visit in Maldives for honeymoon? +-
Ans: Romance is in the air in Maldives and there are many serene places to visit in Maldives to enjoy quality time with your significant other. Here are the best places to visit in Maldives for honeymoon and make your romantic holiday special -
- Hulhumale Beach
- Bikini Beach
- Biyadhoo Island
- Aarah Island
- Lily Beach
- Baros Maldives
- Tiny Island Marine Conservation Centre
- Manta Point
- Reethi Beach