Passengers can now enjoy the business-class traveling on Tejas Express featuring executive seats
In a row of remarkable revelations, Indian Railways makes yet another announcement that has soon become a breaking news. By rolling out its new Tejas Express luxury train, Indian Railways is going to offer a matchless experience. Flaunting the tag of ‘Make in India’, the train features an executive class coach that reminds of the business-class of an airline.
The Integral Coach Factory Chennai has made this dream come true of having an Indian Railways train that provides business-class comforts.
What’s new in the upgraded version on Tejas Express 2017
The new Indian luxury train is an enhanced version of the Tejas Express that was launched in 2017 between Goa and Mumbai. The train service takes aircraft-like comforts to a whole new level.
- The Executive chair car coach of the new Tejas Express Train comes equipped with comfortable bucket-like seats.
- With seats arranged in 2+2 configuration, the coach can accommodate up to 56 passengers.
- Depending upon the needs of the passengers, the snack table, which lie hidden in the handrest, can be taken out.
- A leather-like material covers the beige-colored seats.
- A personalized LCD screen is available at the back of every seat and in front of every passenger. The screen allows travelers to watch movies, play music etc.
- There are a USB charging point, attendant call button and personalized reading lights as well.
- Besides the full-reclining facility, which remains missing, the seats are as comfortable as those in the business class of an aircraft.
- Also, the seats have a lower height as compared to the ones in the previous Tejas Express.
The latest Tejas Express also boasts of:
- Modern pantry equipment
- Automatic sliding doors
- CCTV Cameras inside the coach area and the entrances
- Modular bio-vacuum toilets
- Anti-graffiti vinyl wrapping to maintain cleanliness
- ‘Make in India’ touch-enabled light integrated with the mirror in the bathroom
Allotted to the Southern Railways, the 23-coach Tejas Express will run between Madurai and Chennai Egmore. If track permits, the LHB-based luxury train can run at a speed of 160 kmph.
For the first time, Indian Railways has introduced air-conditioned chair car coaches with many aircraft-like comforts. Interestingly, these comforts can provide an experience much like that of a business-class. Travelers can look for more luxurious travel, provided they don’t defile the new offerings by Indian Railways.
Latest posts by Indian Holiday (see all)
- Discover the new routes leading to Ladakh - December 19, 2018
- Indian Nationals get Visa on Arrival Facility when traveling to Myanmar - December 14, 2018
- Passengers can now enjoy the business-class traveling on Tejas Express featuring executive seats - December 4, 2018