Last Updated on by Anand Raj
Traveling to different cities, states, or countries for enjoying vacations, business purposes, or leisure is very common. There is a need for a hotel or resort to stay in when you go out of your city. In the current scenario, you may plan to go out but must be thinking that is it right to book a stay at the hotels? The answer is yes.
After several phases of unlocking, many restrictions are eased now, and people are getting used to it. Hotels are now beginning with operations again to boost the tourism sector. And you can book a stay at the hotel of your choice to enjoy a great holiday.
But while booking a hotel room, make sure that you go through the important safety measures for a safe stay. It is instrumental in helping you from being COVID – 19 positive. Have a look:
1. Time Gap: Do check a minimum of 24-hour lodging between the guests.
2. Sanitized Linens: Ask the hotel staff to provide high-temperature washed and sanitized linens.
3. Wear a Face Mask: Wearing a mask is mandatory while you are in the lobby and other common areas of the hotel.
4. Frequent Sanitization: It is good to carry an alcohol-based hand sanitizer all the time and use it frequently. Do wash your hands properly after reading the newspaper or magazine, touching the door, or the handrails.
5. Avoid Swimming in a Crowded Pool: Although the pools of the resorts and hotels are well-chlorinated, it is advised not to enjoy at the pool when packed with people.
6. Avoid Taking Spa: Taking a spa is one of the most liked recreational activities done in a hotel or resort to get pampered. It is good to maintain social distancing in the current situation and stay away from any physical contact. So, it is advised not to indulge in spa therapies for safety.
7. Avoid the Gym: Health freaks have to hold themselves from hitting the gym. They should refrain from working out in the gym during their hotel stay for their safety. Instead of going to the gym, ask the hotel staff about popular hiking trails or treks.
8. Restrict Housekeeping: Restrict the entry of others in your room including housekeeping. Before checking-in to your respective room, ask the hotel staff to provide extra towels and bedsheets.
9. Pay Online: Exchange of cash at the moment can be unsafe. It is recommended to book your hotel online and also prefer paying your bill online. Although every rated hotel has an option to book and pay online.
10. Prefer Indoor Dining: Dining indoors is not much delightful but it is safest options these days. Request contact-less room service or take advantage of grab and go food takeaways. Many hotels are offering in room dining services in the wake of Covid-19 pandemic these days.
11. Take the Stairs for Safe Hotel Stay: Limit the use of elevators if possible. It may cut down your interactions with hotel staff and other guests but helpful in reducing the risk of virus transmission. Also, climbing stairs is one of the great ways to burn extra calories.
12. Park Your Car on Your Own: It is suggested to park the car on your own instead of handling the key to the hotel staff to do so. But if you are still utilizing the valet, be sure to sanitize the contact points within the vehicle.
Thus, by following these safety measures and maintaining good hygiene. By doing so, you can stay away from the risk of infection and enjoy your stay at your preferred retreat. Follow the guidelines of the hotel and also cooperate with the hotel staff. Stay safe. Stay healthy.