Haldwani is a peaceful tourist spot situated in the Nainital district of the Kumaon region. With a height of 425 m above sea level, the town is located in the foothills of the Himalayas. It is where mountain rivers go underground and re-emerge in the plains, making it the most fertile land in the county. The town is popularly known as the gateway of Kumaon' sharing its twin township with Kathgodam.
The land of Nanda Devi, the Goddess of Bliss, Haldwani, gets its name from the tree 'Haldu' found in this area. The lush green beauty makes visitors forget their worries for a while. Scenic views, charming dawns and dusk, and peaceful ambiance together combine an experience not forgotten easily. It offers many beautiful reasons to entice tourists to have an incredible holiday experience in this town throughout the year.
Find all necessary information needed for your travel plans with Haldwani Travel Guide.
Where is Haldwani?
Haldwani is located in the state of Uttarakhand and is the largest city in the Kumaon region. It comes under the Nainital District and is also one of its eight divisions. But, not just this, Haldwani is situated in the Bhabar region in the Himalayan foothills on the banks of the Gaula River.>
Best Time to Visit Haldwani
The hill getaway of Haldwani can be visited throughout the year. However, the best time to visit is from September to March as the weather is at its best. The summers are warm, monsoons heavy; the winters are soothing and tempting for vacations.
How to Reach Haldwani
Haldwani is an important trading hub of Kumaon as it is well connected with Delhi, Haridwar, and many other places in northern India. The metaled roads, railways, and frequent commuting buses make it easy to travel to the industrious town. Moreover, other beautiful places in the mountains like Nainital, Almora, Bhimtal, Pithoragarh, Ranikhet, etc., are connected to the city.
Places to Visit in Haldwani
The tourist attractions of Haldwani are spectacular natural pleasures, spiritual centers, and getaway to the mountains of Uttarakhand. Here are some of the top places to explore in Haldwani -
- Kali Chaur - It is a temple dedicated to Maa Kali. It is an easy trek and an ideal spot for camping and picnicking, blessed with scenic views.
- Shitla Mandir - Get blessed by Shitla Mandir, dedicated to goddess Durga situated at Rani bagh.
- Gaula Barrage - It is an ideal spot for camping, sightseeing, and picnicking located on the Gaula River. This barrage made for irrigation is scenic and a popular spot to visit.
- Haidakhan Ashram - The scenic beauty of Haidakhan Ashram and the serenity of the environs have made it a popular must-visit destination.
- Sanjay van - It is a part of Tanda Range Forest that deserves to be explored.
- Asht Bujha Lakshmi Temple - Do not miss visiting the honored Asht Bujha Lakshmi Temple and enjoying the beautiful views.
Things to do in Haldwani
On your Haldwani tour, ensure to indulge in fun activities. Here are some of them -
- Picnicking - If you are with your spouse or family, this is one of the best options. There are few spots in Haldwani where you can spend your leisure time. Gaula Barrage, listed among the top attractions here, is a picnicker’s paradise.
- Nightlife - From bars to movie theaters enjoy the nightlife of Haldwani. Get some drinks with friends or see a late-night movie.
- Shopping - As the urban population is growing, Haldwani has developed many malls and shopping complexes.
Accommodations in Haldwani
For the increasing numbers of visitors, there are enough options for resorts and hotels in Haldwani. Enjoy a relaxed stay in the blessed town with accommodations equipped with delights that make vacations worth cherishing. Grab holiday packages to cover the beautiful town and the other attractions of Uttarakhand.
You can also plan a holiday in Haldwani to cover attractions and indulge in fun-filled activities through our well-curated Haldwani holiday packages. We give the best deals on the Haldwani tour package and include meals, sightseeing, stays, and private transfers to add the next comfort level to your holiday.
Contact us and book your vacation to have a relaxing yet fun time in Uttarakhand.