Last Updated on by Indian Holiday
(1) – Begin to plan your holiday schedule/getaways at least one month in advance. This indeed is the key to a stress free holiday.
(2) – Try to speak in a calm, logical, factual manner as you make plans or explain your limitations to family and friends.
(3) – Focus on accomplishing the most important things and let everything else go.
(4) – Allow yourself extra time in your schedule so that one or two bad days will not ruin your entire holiday season.
(5) – Ask each person in the family to take responsibility for some part of the holiday plans.
(6) – Be organized , Sit down with a calendar and give yourself deadlines for getting things done.
(7) – Involve your kids, They can help decorate everything from rooms to cookies. So even if they’re in the way, they’re helping you get the job done.
(8) – The holidays don’t have to be perfect or just like last year. As families change and grow, traditions and rituals often change as well. Choose a few to hold on to, and be open to creating new ones.
(9) – Before you go gift and food shopping, decide how much money you can afford to spend.
(10) – Make some time for yourself. Spending just 15 minutes alone, without distractions, may refresh you enough to handle everything you need to do. Take a walk at night and stargaze. Listen to soothing music. Find something that reduces stress by clearing your mind, slowing your breathing and restoring inner calm.