Last Updated on by Indian Holiday
Andaman and Nicobar Islands are now open for tourism post-Covid-19 lock down that affected the entire country. Travel & Tourism industry was hit the most due to the national lock down which came into effect from 22nd of March.
However, little Andaman will not open for tourism till further notice. Also, a few activities will not be allowed under the new guidelines for opening of tourism in Andaman post-Covid-19 lock down.
With tourism resuming, Andaman & Nicobar joins the growing list of states and desinations that are opening up for tourism. Other places where you can plan your post-Covid-19 safe travel includes Uttarakhand, Goa, Himachal Pradesh, Sikkim, Rajasthan, Kerala, Arunachal Pradesh and Karnataka. All wildlife destinations in India are also open for tourism.
Covid-19 Related Travel News & Guidelines Updates:
- Train Service to Katra from Delhi Resumes
- Which International Flights Are Open from India
- Haridwar Kumbh Mela to He Held With Limited Tourists
- Darjeeling, Kalimpong & Sikkim Reopens for Tourism
SoPs for Tourism in Andaman & Nicobar Islands for Post-Covid-19 Travel Safety
- It is mandatory to have Arogya Setu installed in your mobile phone
- It is mandatory to wear at tourist places as well as public places all the time
- Beaches in Andaman will open for tourists only between 10:00 AM to 05:00 PM
- Visitors to any tourist places shall have to undergo mandatory hand hygiene and thermal screening process at the entry point.
- Only asymptomatic staff and guests shall be allowed
- People above 65 years of age won’t be allowed to travel to Andaman
- Group photography is not allowed in public or tourist places in Andaman
- It is suggested to maintain 2 meters/6 feet distance from other tourists/locals
- Some destinations in Andaman like Diglipur, Rangat, Little Andaman and Mayabunder are closed for tourism
- Some tourist activities in Andaman like scuba diving, para-sailing, sea-walking and kayaking are not allowed due to Covid-19 related guidelines for traveling in Andaman
- Beaches, museums, Cellular Jail, snorkelling, light and sound show at Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Island (Ross Island), and boat rides are now open for tourists visiting Andaman & Nicobar Islands
- Light & Sound show will operate only with 50% capacity
- It is advisable to book tourist activities in advance and pay digitally if possible
- Flight service for Port Blair to reach Andaman & Nicobar will resume from 29th of October from Delhi, Mumbai, Kochi, Chennai and Hyderabad and from 31st October from Kolkata
- Best Beaches in Andaman
- How to Plan Your Honeymoon in Andaman
- Radhanagar Beach Voted World’s Top 10 Beaches
- 15 Things to do during your trip to Andaman & Nicobar