Shri Mata Vaishno Devi shrine is one of the most revered pilgrimage sites of the country. This holy shrine is located on the Trikuta Hill, 13 km from Katra, Jammu. The pilgrimage to the shrine is considered as the holiest sojourn and is among the 108 Shakti Peethas. Shri Mata Vaishno is the incarnation of Goddess Durga. Believed to be an abode of the goddess, the holy cave is located at an altitude of 5200 feet above sea level. In the cave, there are naturally formed rocks that are known as Pindis and are believed to be the manifestation of three Goddesses namely Maha Kali, Maha Lakshmi, and Maha Saraswati.
How to plan Vaishno Devi Yatra by Helicopter?
One has to reach Katra to visit the holy shrine of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi which is located 50 km from Jammu. Katra serves as the base camp for Yatra and is well-connected with the rest of the country. Here is the list of things which one must keep in mind while planning a Maa Vaishno Devi Yatra Helicopter:
- The registration of Yatra is mandatory, which is free of cost. The registration counter is available at the main market in Katra or registration can be done in advance from the official website of Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine Board. Obtain the Yatra Parchi from the registration counter or carry a print out of the Yatra Access Slip.
- The helicopter service is available from Katra to Sanjichhat from where the shrine is just 2.5 km. To and fro helicopter service is also available which can be booked online from the official website. Tickets can be booked in advance.
- Upon reaching Bhawan, take a holy bath at the bathing ghat before heading towards the Bhawan for Darshan.
- It is advisable to carry heavy woollen clothes during the winter season and light woollens in summers. Comfortable walking shoes are a must for the Yatra.
- Information centers, refreshment kiosks, and public utilities are available throughout the route. Medical stores, banks, and accommodations are also available at the Bhawan for the convenience of travellers.
- Carry required documents, tickets, and sufficient cash during the Yatra.
Vaishno Devi Helicopter Price
- The price of helicopter tickets for one way from Katra to Sanjichhat or Sanjichhat to Katra is INR 1045 per person.
- The fare of Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra is INR 2090 per passenger.
How can pilgrims book a helicopter ride to Vaishno Devi in advance?
Maa Vaishno Devi helicopter is also available for devotees, who cannot walk or do not have much time. Pilgrims can book helicopter tickets through the Shrine Board’s official website. Advance booking of the helicopter can be done 60 days prior to the journey. Passengers must carry valid photo ID, address proof, and debit/credit card for payment. In absence of any of the documents, boarding can be denied.
On the spot booking of Helicopter ticket from Katra to Sanjichhat
Offline bookings of Katra to Sanjichhat helicopter ticket can be done from the Current-Heli ticket counter, where valid ID proof and travel documents should be presented. The offline ticket booking is subject to availability of the seats.
Timings of Helicopter Services
Helicopter services start from Katra to Sanjichhat at 8:00 AM and it takes 8 minutes to reach the designated spot. The last ride takes off at 7:00 PM (approx.). There are helicopter flights every 20 minutes from Katra and Sanjichhat, both.
How can I go for a VIP Vaishno Devi Darshan?
Helicopter ticket of Katra-Sanjichhat-Katra is considered as VIP Pass, which allows VIP Darshan at the Bhawan. One way ticket from Katra-Sanjichhat or Sanjichhat-Katra is not considered as a VIP Pass.
Devotees arriving the Bhawan by trekking or any other mode than a helicopter cannot get VIP Pass and are not allowed for VIP Darshan at the Bhawan.
Can I book a Yatra Parchi in advance?
Yatra slip can be booked in advance from the official website of the Shrine Board, a maximum of 60 days and a minimum of 4 days in advance from the date of the journey. Online booking opens exactly 60 days in advance at 10:00 AM. Devotees must carry a print-out of the Yatra slip and a valid photo ID during the journey.
Best Time to Visit Vaishno Devi
Yatra to Maa Vaishno Devi shrine opens throughout the year. The winter season (October to March) and the monsoon season (July to August) is considered the best time for Vaishno Devi Darshan as the number of pilgrims visiting the holy shrine is less as compared to the summer season (May to July), festival seasons of Navratri, and New Year.
Pilgrims get a unique Darshan experience in December and January when the original holy cave of Shri Vaishno Devi opens.
Charges and Timing of Attka Aarti
Two types of Poojan are available at Shri Mata Vaishno Devi Shrine:
- Individual Poojan – This Pooja is performed in the name of the devotee and individual Hawan is performed at the Yagyashala. The charges of the Aarti ranges from INR 1100 to INR 11,000. For this, the person has to register in advance.
- Sharadha Suman Vishesh Pooja – This Pooja is available for the devotees who wish to attend the Aarti. There are four categories under which pilgrims can attend the Aarti. The charges of the Aarti ranges from INR 26,000 to INR 1, 21,000.
Timings of Attka Aarti in summers and winters are different, which are:-
- Morning: 6:20 AM to 8:00 AM
- Evening: 7:20 PM to 8:30 PM
- Morning: 6:20 AM to 8:00 AM
- Evening: 6:20 PM to 8:00 PM
Guidelines for Availing Helicopter Ticket
- Yatra registration slip is compulsorily required for availing Helicopter ticket at the ‘Current Heli-ticket Counter’.
- ID Proof of all the pilgrims (who wish to travel) will be required for booking.
- Online ticket booking can also be done at the official website of the shrine board.
- Register on the website and login with the username. Click on helicopter services, travel dates, number of passengers, travel routes, travel time, etc.
- Payment can be done with Credit Card or Debit Card.
- Passengers are requested to report at the heliport one hour before the departure time of the flight. Passengers reporting after the set time shall be treated as ‘NO SHOW’ and there will be no refund against the NO SHOW ticket.
- Children below 2 years of age will be carried free of cost, who shall be carried in the lap of the accompanying adults.
- Online booking of the helicopter shall not be postponed or preponed. Although the ticket shall be cancelled. Here are the policies for the ticket cancellation and refund:
- Ticket cancellation shall be done only through the ONLINE MODE. Cancellation of tickets requested through any other mode shall not be entertained.
- Cancellation of the ticket can be made up to 4 days before the scheduled travel date and 70% amount will be refunded.
- The refund shall be made by the Shrine Board within 15 days of the cancellation.
- The amount of refund shall be reimbursed into the same Credit Card or Debit Card through which the payment was made at the time of booking.
- The ticket is non-transferable.
- In case of failed transactions on the Shrine Board website, a refund shall be made by the Shrine Board.
- A full refund shall be made in case of flight cancellation due to bad weather conditions or technical issues. Passengers are requested to submit their printed ticket to the concerned helicopter operator against proper receipt for an online refund.
The journey to Mata Vaishno Devi helps you to attain enlightenment. Book Vaishno Devi Yatra by helicopter and bask in the spiritual aura of this divine place. Jai Mata Di!
- 10 Best Beaches in Goa for a Vibrant Nightlife - September 2, 2020
- 15 Places in India to Visit for an Amazing Holiday in November - August 31, 2020
- An Ultimate Guide of Mata Vaishno Devi Helicopter Tour - August 20, 2020