For a delightful shopping experience, visit Chandpole Bazaar in Jaipur. A traditional market in Pink City, this shopping place was one of the first built markets in Jaipur and is almost three centuries old. Chandpole Bazaar’s foundation was laid in 1727 AD, which stretched from East to West. Located in the western part of Jaipur, the market was name Chandpole Bazaar. It is also said to be on low lying Aravali mountain ridge that divides the Pink City into two.
One of the best places to shop in Jaipur, Chandpole Bazaar is a must-visit market on your Jaipur trip. It mesmerizines the tourists with its pink symmetrically built shops and gives the market Jaipur’s signature charm. If you look at the mansions here, they are built in a unique style as well.
The ruler of Jaipur wanted save the shopkeepers and people from the scorching sun and the rains. And thus, verandah were constructed on the sides of the shops. Also, their designs are inspired by Rajput style architecture and has a touch of Mughal architecture as well.
The best way to shop and enjoy the charm of Chandople Bazaar is on foot. If not, you can witness the culture of Rajasthan from an e-rickshaw too.
This helps you explore the real Jaipur and interact with the locals for an authentic Rajasthani experience. Once you are done with shopping, there are Hindu temples, local food, and much more to explore in Chandpole Bazaar.
Take a look at the timings, things to buy, and how to reach Chanpole Bazaar Jaipur.
Chandpole Bazaar Known For
The highlight of Chandpole Bazaar is a street named Khazane Walon ka Rasta. This is the place where you can bargain and get your hands on beautiful marble sculptures. Get a traditional piece, whether small or big and take it back home as souvenirs.
Chandpole Bazaar is known for its traditional Indian garments including sarees, kurtas, and salwar suits. Timber and wooden handicrafts, mirror work artifacts, authentic dry fruits, Indian snacks and sweets, and glass and metal jewelry can also be bought here.
Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur Location
Chandpole Bazaar is a traditional market located in the heart of Pink City. The market begins from Choti Chaupar and ends at Chandpole Gate. It is located inside the old city walls and thus, it is a part of the walled city of Jaipur.
Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur Timings
The shopping market opens at 10 am and closes around 8 pm in the evening.
Hindu Temples at Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur
There are many Hindu temples at Chandpole Bazaar you can visit and take blessings from the divine. Here are the Hindu temples you must visit at the market for a memorable Jaipur trip –
- Lakshmi Narayan Temple, Choti Chaupar
- Gopinath Ji Temple
- Shri Ram Chandra Ji Temple
- Swami Narayan Ji Temple
- Chandpole Gate Hanuman Temple
Places to Visit near Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur
After you are done with shopping at Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur, here are the places to visit nearby –
- Isarlat (1 km away)
- Hawa Mahal (1.7 km away)
- City Palace (1.4 km away)
- Museum of Legacies (1.2 km away)
Restaurants near Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur
Take a break from shopping for a tasty meal at these restaurants near Chandpole Bazaar Jaipur –
- Risotto Restaurant
- Chicken Partner Café and Restaurant
- Topaz Restaurant – Fine Dining and SkyDeck
- Niros Restaurant
- Café Kebabs
How to Reach Chandpole Bazaar
Chandpole Bazaar is well connected to the rest of the city by various means of transportation. Here are the different ways to reach Chandpole Bazaar by bus, auto, train, cab, or bike.
- By Train: You can take a train to Jaipur Railway Station, which is located at a distance of approx. 2 km from the Chandpole Bazaar. From there, take local transport to reach the market.
- By Bus: Sindhi Camp Bus Stand is the nearest bus where you can get off and walk for 1 km to reach Chandpole Bazaar.
- By Metro: Take the metro train to Chandpole Metro Station, which is only 50 steps away from the market, or Choti Chaupar Metro Station, located at the end of the market.
- By Air: From Jaipur International Airport, Chandpole Bazaar is only 13 km away and can be reached by cab or taxi.