19 Most Romantic Beach Honeymoon Destinations in the World
Beaches evoke romance and what can be better than this for honeymoon? White-sand beaches, swaying palm trees and warm weather are among the top reasons why honeymooners decide a vacation on the beaches. Our Blue Planet is covered in three-quarters of water, a number of blissful islands, heavenly beaches and many options for beach honeymoon. If you and your partner are thinking of basking in the sun, romantic sunsets, walks on the shores, water sports and candle lit dinner with waves for company, then here is our take on the 19 most romantic beach honeymoon destinations in the world.
Created by love, ‘the Isle of Gods’ Bali is one of the most romantic beach destinations in the world. Popular among honeymoon couples, the island by all means is blessed with unmatched beauty. Couples can enjoy walks on the silvery shores, indulge in Balinese massages or enjoy water sports. Make your honeymoon special with a stay in water villas. Although quite easy on your pocket, the romantic experience is loaded with everlasting memories. Bali offers the perfect start to love as it is named among luxury honeymoon destinations of the world.
- Walk on the sandy shores
- Sunset dinner cruise
- Pampering Balinese massage
- Watersports including under sea-walk
- Mouthwatering delights of Bali
- Explore a live volcano
- Tour to tribal villages learning about their crafts
Romantic Places to Stay: Anantara Uluwatu Bali Resort, AYANA Resort and Spa, Soori Bali, Maya Ubud Resort and Spa, Viceroy Bali, etc.
Bora Bora, French Polynesia
The heavenly island of Bora Bora in French Polynesia is the perfect beach honeymoon destination. In fact it is’s titled as the world’s best island. Thus, without doubt it is perfect for romance. The turquoise waters, powdery shores, hanging bungalows, and the range of watersports, create the ultimate holiday for couples. Apart from the spectacular bliss, there’s mingling with the locals, hunting for black pearls, or exploring the coral-fringed lagoons. In addition, the delicious food and thriving nightlife add to the cherished memories.
- Climb atop Mount Otemanu
- Stroll along the white sand
- Go on wildlife adventure
- Island hopping
- Boat rides on the cerulean waters
- Brave the exciting adventures
- Star-gaze with your partner
- candle-lit dinner on the sandy shores
- Taste scrumptious delights of the sea
Romantic Places to Stay: Pearl Beach Resort & Spa, Bora Bora Bungalove, Maitai Polynesia, Sofitel Bora Bora Marara Beach Resort etc.
Harbour Island, Bahamas
Nothing like you have ever seen before, the Harbour Island in Bahamas is next on our list of the best beach honeymoon destinations in the world. Walk on the postcard-perfect Pink Sands Beach hand in hand with and settle in among the three-mile stretch of sand and turquoise waters. Relish the pleasures of food, shopping and other exploits with your partner. One holiday hardly seems enough for a vacation here.
- Cruise on the sparkling waters
- Pampering spa treatments
- Explore marine world with diving and snorkeling
- Enjoy scenic sunsets on a yacht ride
- Go exploring the colonial relics
- Horseback riding on the pink sands
- Laze on the beaches bathing in the warm sunshine
Romantic Places to Stay: Coral Sands, Pink Sands, Pip’s Place, The Landing, The Dunmore, etc.
Cape Town, South Africa
Nestled at the top of the continent, Cape Town in South Africa is one of the best places for honeymoon. Blessed with shores both on the Indian Ocean and the Atlantic Ocean, here you can have the perfect beach honeymoon. The sandy silvers shores lead to waters of very shade of blue. Adventure, nightlife, dining, shopping, watersports and every pleasure you imagined for your vacation with your partner is available here.
- Catch a cable car to Table Mountain
- Dive into shark-infested waters
- Savor multi-ethnic gastronomy
- Pay a visit to penguins
- Take lessons in history at museums as well as Robben Island
- Toast to your love with local brewed wines
- Explore the cultural scene of arts, music, dance and other folk heritage
Romantic Places to Stay: The Westin Cape Town, Queen Victoria Hotel and Manor House, Winchester Mansions, Taj Cape Town, Kensington Palace, etc.
Favored by Gods and humans alike, Santorini in Greece is the ultimate honeymoon destination in the world. Unmatched in natural splendor, the island overlooks the turquoise Aegean Sea. Sunsets are truly heavenly here; so is the gastronomy, nightlife, and the other experiences. A holiday in Santorini with your partner will be one of the fondest memories of your life. Stay at a Cliffside villa, indulge in exploring and the pleasures of the island.
- Marvel at spectacular sunsets
- Pamper yourself with stay at luxury suites
- Enjoy a swim in the crystal clear Mediterranean Sea
- Embark on a scenic hike
- Taste delicious wines and treats from Greek gastronomy
- Sail the high seas
- Party all night
- Drive through the scenic island
Romantic Places to Stay: Anastasis Apartments, Smaragdi, Aenaon villas, Artemis Villas, Celestia Grand, etc.
Koh Tao, Thailand
Settled and the endless blue of the Gulf of Thailand, Koh Tao is perfect for honeymoon beach vacations. Go exploring the blessed scenery with your love, as the romantic ambiance compels you to do so. Scuba diving introduces the incredible marine world and it is an amazing experience to share with your better half. Indulge in Thai massages, savor mouthwatering cuisine, fall in love with sunsets and have a great time.
- Go sunset swimming at Sairee Beach
- Go Island hopping
- Have a romantic dinner
- Bask in the warm sunshine
- Dip into the blue waters
- Stoll on the sandy shores
- Relax at the luxury resorts
- Attend a thriving full-moon night party
Romantic Places to Stay: The Tarna Align Resort, La Cigale, Chintakiri Resort, Jamahkiri Resort & Spa, Haadtien Beach Resort, etc.
One of the most romantic beach places in India and in fact the world, Goa is wonderful. Romance is in the very air here. There are more than 50 gorgeous beaches blessed with warm of the Arabian Sea. A holiday here with your love can be spent indulging in private moments at the luxury resorts, water villas, homestays and many private cottages. The watersports, cruises, nightlife, dining, and sightseeing are some experiences you must enjoy.
- Stroll at the silky sand shores of Goa
- Enjoy stay at the luxury resorts
- Try watersports
- Sunset dinner cruise on Mandovi River
- Go parasailing with your partner
- Trek to Dudhsagar waterfalls
Romantic Places to Stay: Vivanta by Taj, Lemon Tree Amarante Beach Resort, Casa Severina, Bogmallo Beach Resort, Hotel Holiday Inn, etc.
Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Oozing passion, next on our list of top beach honeymoon destination in the world, we have Rio de Janeiro. Pulsating with life, the beach haven offers everything for a gala time for couples. There are a number of sun-kissed shores, relaxed stetting, picturesque views, exciting ventures, and unforgettable memories. With mountains on one side, the ocean on the other, also with a patch of rainforest, Rio offers the best experiences of honeymoon.
- Bask in the sunshine while lying on the sand and watching the play of surf
- Go trekking
- Explore the charms of the town
- Savor the delicious flavors of Rio
- Marvel at the sights including Christ the Redeemer
- Enjoy the vibrant nightlife
Romantic Places to Stay: La suite by Dussol, Hotel Santa Teresa MGallery by Sofitel, Belmond Copacabana Palace, Sol Ipanema Hotel, Casas Brancas Boutique Hotel & Spa, etc.
Florida Keys, Florida
Paradise for couples, the Florida Keys is one of the best holiday destinations in the world. Enjoy the white sands under your toes as you walk hand in hand with your partner. Explore a living coral reef with your love, it will be a beautiful memory to share all through your lives. Relish dining over romantic ocean views. Sip cocktails at golden sunset. The unmatched bliss will create a vacation of unforgettable memories.
- Kayaking through the mangroves
- Candle lit dinner having a taste of the local food
- Seaplane ride with your partner
- Bicycle ride exploring the sights of the island
- Jet ski around the island
- Scuba diving in the turquoise waters
- Explore the natural bliss
- Attend the nightly street carnival in the town
Romantic Places to Stay: Sheraton Suites Key West, Key West Marriott Beachside Hotel, Casa Marina Key West, A Waldorf Astoria Resort, Havana Cabana, etc.
Next on our list of most romantic beach destinations is, Fiji. The 300-island archipelago in the South Pacific, ticks all the requirements of a heavenly honeymoon. There are isolated beaches, luxury resorts, countless activities and delightful experiences for couples. The crystal clear waters are perfect for diving and exploring the secrets of the underwater world. Trekking, hiking, bird watching, etc. are also fun pastimes. The charming bliss makes you fall in love at Fiji.
- Stay at a thatched roof Fijian Bure
- Explore the natural wonders of the island
- Gift the perfect honeymoon souvenir-a string of black pearls
- Dive undersea for true beauty
- Discover the beautiful Fijian waters
- Find your own haven on a scenic beach
Romantic Places to Stay: The Westin Denarau Island Resort & Spa, Shangri-La’s Fijian Resort & Spa, Koro Sun Resort and Rainforest Spa, Matamanoa Island Resort, Sheraton Resort, etc.
Defining the essence of a superb honeymoon, Maui in Hawaii is one of the best beach places for couples. The dreamy vistas evokes romance. One of the most beautiful places in the world, the sunny shores spell bliss. The palm-fringed golf courses, the largest dormant volcano in the world, hiking trails and lush valleys offering a memorable time. Luxury resorts, swanky restaurants, world class adventures provides the perfect setup for love to blossom.
- Pampering couple spa and massages
- Road trip to Han enjoying the pictorial route
- Go snorkeling
- Ascend to Haleakala Crater
- Sail on a Sunset Cruise
- learn surfing
- Enjoy the natural bliss
- Go exploring the charming towns
Romantic Places to Stay: Maui Coast Hotel, Aston at Papakea Resort, Aston Maui Kaanapali Villas, Napili Shores by Outrigger, Travaasa Hana, etc.
Andaman Islands, India
At a single glance of the Andaman Islands, you will realize why it’s one of the most favored romantic beach getaways of the world. Surrounded by the cerulean waters of Bay of Bengal, the 300-island archipelago has some of the most gorgeous white-sand beaches dotted with palms, mangroves and tropical rainforest. Couples have the entire paradisiacal islands to themselves. Have a great time on walks, sunsets, candle-lit dinners, watersports, trekking or just relaxing.
- Walk on the sandy shores
- Go island-hopping
- Discover the underwater world with scuba diving, snorkeling
- Trek through the lush forests of the island
- Candle lit dinner
- Pampering couple spa session
- Stay at luxury resorts
- Enjoy the spectacular sunset at the Asia’s most beautiful beach
Romantic Places to Stay: Hotel Sinclairs Bay View, Barefoot Resort Havelock Island, Fortune Resort Bay Island, Hotel Sea Shell Port, Hotel Sentinel, etc.
The speck of an island in the Mediterranean, Ibiza in Spain is amazing for honeymoon. The sun-kissed shores, the crystal clear waters in the purest shades of blue evoke romantic fantasies. Lie on a hammock with your partner, walk on the shores hand in hand, and steal some private moments. Dine under the stars or party all night or go exploring, it’s going to be the best time of your love life.
- Marvel at scenic sunsets
- Spend days basking in the bliss of the sun
- Kayaking under the full moon
- Trekking to the hanging waterfalls
- Watch a meteor shower
- Romantic dinner on the beach
- Thrilling sports
- Exploring the marine world with diving
- Discover the vibrant art scene
Romantic Places to Stay: Palladium Hotel Palmyra, Grand Palladium White Island Resort & Spa, Insotel Tarida Beach Sensatori Resort, Ushuaia Ibiza Beach Hotel, Aparthotel Playasol Jabeque Soul, etc.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Dubai is one of the newest entry in the list of the best beach honeymoon destinations of the world. The beautiful bustling city of United Arab Emirates is well-known for incredible experiences and what better than this for honeymoon. From the tallest tower in the world to man-made islands, form 7-star luxuries to amazing shopping, from dhow cruises to desert dune bashing, couples will be treated to the best vacation of their lives.
- Desert safari in the Arabian Desert
- Dhow cruise on Dubai Creek
- Watching the world atop the Burj Khalifa
- Dubai city tour
- Dining, shopping and other cherished experiences
- Adventure sports including skiing, water activities and more
- Tour of Palm Jumeirah and
Romantic Places to Stay: Burj Al Arab, Atlantis The Palm, Fairmont The Palm, Bab Al Shams Desert Resort & Spa, Hilton Jumeriah Beach, Ritz Carlton, etc.
If anything conjures images of languid tropical honeymoons, it is Maldives. An archipelago of over 1000 islands in the middle of cerulean expanse of Indian Ocean, it’s one of the best romantic beach destinations. A fairytale come true, honeymoon in Maldives comprise of an abundance of private moments for couples. Sun-kissed seashores, beautiful waters thriving with marine life, luxurious resorts, and appetizing cuisines and mesmerizing ambiance you will certainly have a vacation of cherished memories.
- Enjoy a stay at over the water bungalow
- Watch the marine world diving to the cerulean depths
- Catarman Sailing and other adventure sports
- Walk hand in hand with your partner on the glowing beach
- Explore the islands from the sky
- Island hopping including sightseeing at capital city Male
Romantic Places to Stay: Taj Exotica Resort & Spa, Four Seasons Resort Maldives at Kuda Huraa, Mirihi Island Resort, Anantara Kihavah Villas, Cocoa Island Resort, etc.
Hayman Island, Australia
Born of romance, the Hayman Islands in Australia are one of the favored beach destinations in the world. Settled on the brink of the Great Barrier Reef, the island offers the unexplored blessings of the marine world. From gold to turquoise to emerald to sapphire, the lagoon changes colors and present stunning views. It’s one of the best places for couples on vacation. Catamaran sailing, snorkeling, diving, sunbathing or exploring, the dreamy island is amazing.
- Discover the surreal marine bliss at the Great Barrier Reef
- Savor spa treatments
- Bask in the sun at the soft golden sands
- Scuba diving, snorkeling, sailing and other sports
- Relax at the luxury resorts by the beach
- Candle lit dinner at the beach on a full moon night
Romantic Places to Stay: Hayman Island Reef Hotels, Dolphin Point Lookout Hotels, Cook Lookout Hotels, Whitsunday Lookout Hotels, etc.
Favored by couples from all over the world, Seychelles is one of the beautiful beach honeymoon destinations in the world. The archipelago of 115 islands in the middle of Indian Ocean is heaven of Earth. in fact, the golden beaches, the shady palms, aquamarine waters, lush plantations, unique flora and fauna and pampering luxury resorts creates the perfect getaway for couples. Moreover, adventure sports, delightful gastronomy and the laid-back ambiance create a romantic relaxing holiday.
- Stroll on the golden sand holding hands of your partner
- Discover the mysteries of the ocean world
- Go island hopping
- Try diving, snorkeling, sailing and other adventure activities
- Trek through the lush forests in the islands
- Taste the delights of heaven in the form of mouthwatering fruits
Romantic Places to Stay: Four Seasons Resort, Banyan Tree, Enchanted Island, Constance Ephelia Resort, AVANI Seychelles Barbarons Resort & Spa, etc.
Bermuda is all about romance and luxury; therefore one of the best places for honeymoon couples. The tropical island country is blessed with spectacular sunsets, lush greenery, pink shores, blue waters and above all, a number of luxury resorts. Furthermore, there are a number of natural wonders: caves, waterfalls and pools that you would love to discover with your partner. Choose to relax, indulge in watersports, nightlife, dining and memorable experiences, by all means this is haven for couples on a romantic vacation.
- Unwind with a relaxing couple spa
- Horse riding on the golden sands
- Exploring the railway trail
- Stroll through the breathtaking trail of Lover’s Lane
- Explore the charming architecture
- Bask in the sunshine while watching the waves
- Relish the scrumptious flavors of Bermuda
Romantic Places to Stay: The Reefs, Coco Reef Resort, Grotto Bay Beach Resort & Spa, Hamilton Princess & Beach Club, Fairmont Southampton, etc.
Langkawi is an archipelago of 104 islands in Malaysia. It’s not a surprise that the paradisiacal island is named as ‘The Jewel of Kedah’. Named among the best beach destination for honeymoon, the island is truly blessed with turquoise waters, silvery sands, dreamy sunsets, delicious dining, pampering spa sessions, and other activities. In addition of the beauty, exploring tropical forests, wooded hillocks, palm fringed beaches or remote uninhabited islands are amazing when you are in the company of your love.
- Spoil yourselves with pampering spa treatments
- Enjoy relaxing walks on the sun-kissed beaches
- Explore the bliss and beauty of the marine world
- Stay in a water villa, equipped with luxuries
- Stroll through the Langkwai Sky Bridge and enjoy the view of the panorama
- Marvel at the spectacular sunsets
Romantic Places to Stay: Rebak Island resort, Meritus Pelangi Beach Resort & Spa, The Danna, Four Seasons Resort, Tanjung Rhu Resort, etc. are popular beachfront resorts of South East Asia.
Latest posts by Debashree Chakraborty (see all)
- Leopard Safari Parks to Boost Tourism in Southern Areas of Gujarat - February 7, 2019
- Fall in Love with Royal Bliss With the Popular Things to do in Udaipur - February 5, 2019
- India Heritage Walk Festival to Launch its Second Edition in 2019 - January 30, 2019