Last Updated on by Anand Raj
New Year celebrations are finally over! And it is time to sweep into the most-awaited celebratory month of the year. January brings new hopes, promises, and magical weather that inspires a lot of travel plans. And, if you are bored of wearing heavy-duty winter clothes and looking for some change, do not worry! Beat winter blues by visiting some of the best warm-weather places this January.
Here are the best places to visit in January for warm weather, with stunning attractions, and plenty of adventures.
Places to visit in India in January for Warm Weather Holiday
1. Gokarna, Karnataka
Located on the shore of the Arabian Sea, Gokarna is a small temple town. It is home to stunning beaches, pristine waters, lush greenery, and other natural bounty. This destination is blessed with a semi-tropical moderate climate, which is favorable to enjoy many recreational activities and outdoor sightseeing. If you are looking for a warm destination this January, then Gokarna is the right choice.
- Average temperature: 32°C
- Places to visit: Om Beach, Kudle Beach, Paradise Beach, Mirjan Fort, Koti Tirtha, Mahabaleshwara Temple, Lalguli Falls
- Things to do: Trekking, camping, caving, temple tour, water sports, sightseeing, photography.
Unwind at the sun-kissed white sandy beaches and enjoy the best tropical weather this January. Visit the Lakshadweep group of islands and enjoy the warm weather. 36 islands form the group but only 10 are inhabitable and only a few are open for tourism. These stunning islands sprawling in the Arabian Sea boast several mosques and pristine beaches with rich marine life.
Apart from that, this island is blessed with an abundance of flora and fauna. The rich wildlife including rare species of birds add more charm to this island. You can also enjoy several water sports here and make your trip memorable.
- Average temperature: 28°C
- Places to visit: Agatti Islands, Minicoy Island, Bangaram Island, Kavaratti Island
- Things to do: Snorkeling, scuba diving, windsurfing, canoeing, yachting, kayaking, water surfing, island hopping, and photography.
3. Khajuraho, Madhya Pradesh
Located in the heart of India with the backdrop of the Vindhya mountain range, Khajuraho is a heritage city that will fascinate you. Khajuraho has the country’s largest group of medieval Hindu and Jain temples, famous for their titillating sculptures. Thousands of tourists visit every year to admire the beauty of these magnificent temples.
Apart from its architectural marvel, this destination is blessed with rich wildlife, great culture, and stunning natural bounties. It is one of the best warm-weather destinations to visit in India.
- Average temperature: 24°C
- Places to visit: Temples of Khajuraho, Ajaigarh Fort, Panna National Park, State Museum of Tribal and Folk Art, Pandav Waterfall
- Things to do: Temple tour, village tour, savor local cuisines, shopping
4. Hampi, Karnataka
Also known as Pampa Kshetra, Kishkindha kshetra, and Bhaskara kshetra. Hampi comprises the remains of the last great Hindu kingdom capital – Vijayanagara. It is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and one of the ideal places to visit in January.
The favorable warm weather during the daytime allows tourists to explore the best of this city. About 1600 remains reveal a diversity of urban, royal, and religious systems. These include forts, river bank artifacts, royal and religious premises, temples, and water structures. If you are interested in history, then Hampi is one of the best places that offer a comprehensive experience and great sightseeing.
- Average temperature: 30°C
- Places to visit: Vijaya Vittala temple, Lakshmi Narasimha temple, Sri Virupaksha temple, Hanuman temple, Hemakuta Hill temple complex, Sasivekalu Ganesha temple
- Things to do: Sightseeing, photography, boating, cycling, rock climbing
5. Mahabaleshwar, Maharashtra
Sprawling at an altitude of 1307m (approx.) above sea level, Mahabaleshwar is one of the excellent places to visit in January. The tropical climate allows tourists to enjoy laid-back and quiet holidays.
It is a hill station in India’s forested Western Ghats range, south of Mumbai. This epitome of beauty is satisfied by exhilarating wildlife, crawling rivers, ancient temples, stunning waterfalls, and evergreen dense forests. Unwind and soak in the calming atmosphere by planning a holiday to this fascinating destination.
- Average temperature: 23°C
- Places to visit: Elephant’s Head Point, Arthur’s Seat, Chinaman’s fall, Venna Lake, Wilson Point, Dhobi waterfall
- Things to do: Trekking, camping, hiking, nature walk, temple tour, shopping, sightseeing, photography
Places to visit outside India in January for Warm Weather Holidays
Malaysia is a dynamic country. For all its skyscrapers, dense crowd, bustling markets, great attractions, and much more; the cities of Malaysia have endless charm that could only be experienced by being there.
With its equatorial climate, Malaysia remains hot throughout the year and January is no exception. The tropical monsoon climate of Malaysia allows tourists to enjoy its best. Every step in the famous cities of Malaysia offers something new.
Malaysia is one of the ideal kid-friendly destinations as there is no dearth of amusement parks and kids clubs. This January visit Malaysia for an exceptionally warm vacation.
- Average temperature: 27°C
- Places to visit: Kuala Lumpur, Penang, Langkawi, Selangor, Genting Highlands
- Things to do: Island hopping, sightseeing, trying out local cuisines, shopping, photography, temple tours
Located close to the equator, Seychelles is a group of engaging, natural, and beautiful islands lying in the Indian Ocean. It is an archipelago of 115 islands and is known for its numerous beaches, colorful coral reefs, rich wildlife, and nature reserves. Blessed by the tropical climate, the islands allow visitors to unwind at the famous attractions and explore the local sights.
Apart from this, it has exquisite wildlife and is surrounded by tropical rainforest. Visitors can satisfy their adventure lust by taking on a number of recreational activities. Enjoy a wondrous warm vacation by planning your trip here.
- Average temperature: 27°C
- Places to visit: Mahe Island, Bird Island, Moyenne Island, Praslin Island, La Digue Island
- Things to do: Island hopping, beachside photography, snorkeling, scuba diving, yachting, kayaking, water surfing
A country filled with ultra-modern technologies, pioneering wonders, striking skyscrapers, and vibrant nightlife. Singapore is one of the popular destinations to enjoy a refreshing warm vacation. From dawn to dusk, visitors to Singapore will never run out of new things to explore.
It is one of the best places to enjoy shopping. Famous shopping malls like City Square Mall and Westgate are a paradise for shopaholics. From its unique experiences to adventure sites and luxury inns, Singapore is always ready to satisfy your holiday cravings.
- Average temperature: 30°C
- Places to visit: Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay, Sentosa Island, Sentosa Merlion Tower, Little India, Universal Studios, Singapore Zoo, and S.E.A. Aquarium
- Things to do: Wildlife Safari, dolphin show, shopping, sightseeing, enjoying at the aquarium, cable car ride
The chain of about 1,200 small coral islands and sandbanks, Maldives is one of the most sought-after destinations among honeymooners. It is a small island nation in South Asia. If you are looking for a peaceful as well as adventurous vacation, then it is one of the best warm destinations to visit in January.
Maldives has several astounding resorts and is renowned for its coral reefs, marine life, and other natural beauty. It is the destination where there are no winters. Visitors can indulge in several water sports here.
- Average temperature: 27°C
- Places to visit: Male, Banana Reef, Hulhumale, Maafushi Island, Fulhadhoo
- Things to do: Scuba diving, beachside photography, snorkeling, Island hopping, sunset cruising
10. Sri Lanka
Known as the ‘Pearl of the Indian Ocean’, Sri Lanka is one of the best places to visit in January outside India for a warm vacation. Golden beaches, colonial architecture, colorful culture, rich wildlife, and dense greenery are the backbone of this country. Enjoy the beautiful views of waterfalls, tea plantations, mountains, streams, lush greenery, and rejuvenate your senses. Sri Lanka in January is something worth experiencing.
Apart from its natural beauty, it has several historical landmarks, famous casinos, and ancient temples to explore. People all over the world visit here to relish seafood. Make your winter vacation memorable by visiting this beautiful Island.
- Average temperature: 30 °C
- Places to visit: Colombo, Kandy, Nuwara Eliya, Sigiriya Fortress
- Things to do: Spa treatments, snorkeling, scuba diving, motorboating, parasailing, explore the floating market, train ride, hiking, exploring national parks, sightseeing, camping
This list of top warm destinations to visit in January is undoubtedly pleasing, no matter you are traveling solo or with family. Enjoy the tropical weather and try various delectable cuisines, or shop till you drop. From beaches to mountains, you will get everything that you desire on your holiday. Which of these destinations is already on your wish list? Did you add any of the above to it? Where are you going next? We are excited to know how your trip was covered.