What is better than bidding goodbye to the year with a perfect vacation? To help you, we have curated a list of warm places to visit in December in and out of India.
Travelers, who are not excited about winters, can venture to these places with their loved ones. These places experience balmy weather and attract tourists from all over the planet.
From adventure activities to laze around, enjoying water sports to soak in the sun at the white sandy beaches, sightseeing to partying; you can have unforgettable experiences in December.
10 Best Warm Places to Visit in December in India
A medieval city named after the Mughal emperor Aurangzeb, Aurangabad is a treasure trove of rich cultural heritage. Housing an opulent collection of historical relics, ancient Buddhist caves, towering temples, and grand palaces; Aurangabad is among the warmest places to travel in December in India.
In addition, it is home to UNESCO World Heritage Sites – Ajanta Caves and Ellora Caves and a paradise for architecture aficionados. The warm weather of Aurangabad in December offers opportunities to explore popular places comfortably and allows you to have an authentic experience.
- Aurangabad Temperature in December: 17 degrees Celsius to 28 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in Aurangabad: Bibi ka Maqbara, Ajanta Caves, Ellora Caves, Grishneshwar Temple, Daulatabad Fort, Aurangabad Caves
- Things to do in Aurangabad: Enjoy at H2O Water Park, seek blessings at Bhadra Maruti Temple, bird watching at Salim Ali Lake
- Why Plan a Trip to Ajanta & Ellora Caves
- Historical Sites in Maharashtra
- UNESCO World Heritage Sites in India
The weather remains pleasant in Hampi in December with blue sky, attracting photography buffs. Also, the comfortable weather offers the perfect opportunities to indulge in adventure activities and enjoy boating in the Tungabhadra River.
The erstwhile capital of the Vijayanagar Empire, Hampi is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, the best place to go in December for hot weather. It is situated amidst the hills and valleys in Karnataka and is popularly known as the city of ruins. Moreover, this site houses almost 500 ancient monuments and boasts fascinating landscapes.
- Hampi Temperature in December: 19 degrees Celsius to 29 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions: Virupaksha Temple, Vittala Temple, Lotus Palace, Hippie Island, Yantrodharaka Hanuman Temple, Lakshmi Narasimha Temple,
- Things to do: Coracle Ride at Tungabhadra River, rock climbing, cliff jumping, shopping, bike riding, hiking
- Hampi Listed as the Second Must-See Destination by NYT
- Top Places to Visit in Karnataka
- Most Romantic Honeymoon Destinations in India in December
Madurai, Tamil Nadu
Madurai is among the best warm-weather destinations in India in December due to its pleasant weather, attracting many tourists and pilgrims. Also, this city holds a special historical and cultural significance, which makes it a heaven for history buffs.
Madurai is one of the oldest inhabited cities in India, famous for its magnificent temples and architectural marvels. Further, it is known as the ‘Athens of the East’ due to its similar architectural style and pedestrian streets.
- Madurai Temperature in December: 21 degrees Celsius to 29 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in Madurai: Meenakshi Amman Temple, Vaigai Dam, Alagar Koil, Thirumalai Nayakar Mahal, Samanar Hills, Meghamalai
- Things to do in Madurai: Explore Banana Market, pray at St. Mary’s Cathedral, hike to Jain Caves, go shopping at Puthu Mandapam
A Kerala tour package in December lets you enjoy the best of Kerala in dry and pleasant weather giving you ample opportunity for sightseeing activities, laze around the warm sandy beaches as well as cruises along the many backwater canals.
Listed on the National Geographic Travellers list of “one of the 50 must-see destinations of a lifetime,” Kerala with its palm-fringed backwaters, bio-diverse Western Ghats, and vibrant culture & rich heritage attracts travelers from across the globe.
Besides the palm-fringed backwaters, you can visit sand dotted with coconut groves, and explore abundant wildlife. With an 8 Days Kerala Tour Package, you get enough time to explore the must-visit places in Kerala and do sightseeing and backwater cruise activities
- Kerala Temperature in December: 22 degrees Celsius to 32 degrees Celsius
- Popular Destinations in Kerala: Kumarakom, Alleppey, Munnar, Kovalam, and Varkala
- Things to do in Kerala: Backwater cruise, tea & spice plantation visit, hiking in Munnar, explore beaches of Kovalam & Varkala, birdwatching in Kumarakom
- 13 Reasons Why You Should Visit Kerala
- Top 10 Destinations to Experience Kerala Backwaters
- 18 Interesting things to do in Kerala
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Located in the Bay of Bengal, Andaman and Nicobar is a breathtaking archipelago. The islands boast beaches with coral reefs, rich marine life, and turquoise blue waters’ lagoons.
The climate of the Andaman & Nicobar Islands in December makes it a must-visit warm place in India. In addition, it shrugs off the moist rainy season. The sky becomes clearer and the seas are calm, which makes it the best time to visit Andaman & Nicobar. Moreover, it is ideal to indulge in both underwater adventure sports activities as well as on-water activities.
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands Temperature in December: 24 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Havelock Islands, Radhanagar Beach, Cellular Jail, Ross Island, Viper Island, Neil Island, Baratang Island
- Things to do in Andaman & Nicobar Islands: Snorkeling, scuba diving, surfing, banana boat ride, glass-bottom boat ride, bird watching, parasailing
- Picture-Perfect Beaches of Andaman & Nicobar
- How to Plan Your Honeymoon in Andaman & Nicobar
- 15 Best Things to do in Andaman & Nicobar
- Top 5 Honeymoon Destinations in India in January
Places to Visit Outside India in December for Warm Weather
Being a paradise for luxury seekers and home to some of the tallest towers in the world, Dubai is one of the best places to travel in December outside India. It is renowned for its lavish architecture and incredible skylines. Dubai offers abundant opportunities for adventure enthusiasts.
You can skydive above Palm Jumeirah, party at beach clubs, enjoy shopping in the world’s largest malls, and enjoy rides at the world’s largest waterpark. No doubt, Dubai is a dream vacation where you can have a memorable trip with your loved ones.
- Dubai Temperature in December: 18 degrees Celsius to 26 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in Dubai: Burj Khalifa, Palm Jumeirah, The Dubai Mall, Burj Al Arab, Dubai Aquarium, Atlantis The Palm, Dubai Marina
- Things to do in Dubai: Sky diving at Palm Jumeirah, dinner cruise at Dubai Creek, skiing at Ski Dubai, desert safari, enjoy rides at IMG World of Adventure, a helicopter ride
- Reasons Why You Should Plan a Family Holiday in Dubai
- 20 Awesome Things to do in Dubai during your Vacation
- 11 Unmissable Things to do During your Trip to Dubai
The warm weather of Bali in December allows you to indulge in adventure activities, which can make your vacation memorable. Blessed with some of the most spectacular and stunning beaches in the world, Bali is definitely the ‘Jewel of Indonesia’.
Edged with golden beaches and surrounded by azure seas, Bali is a perfect place for beach lovers. There are a plethora of attractions where you can get a glimpse of the rich cultural heritage of Bali.
- Bali Temperature in December: 16 degrees Celsius to 24 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in December: Uluwatu Temple, Mount Batur, Tanah Lot, Tegallalang Rice Terraces, Kuta Beach, Sekumpul Waterfalls, Nungnung Waterfall
- Things to do in December: Safari ride in Bali Safari & Marine Park, surfing, scuba diving, flying fox in Bali Treetop Adventure Park, snorkeling, bathing in sacred water in Tirta Empul
- 25 Amazing Things to do in Bali
- 12 Fun-filled Workshops in Bali that One should Attend
- 5 Best Honeymoon Destinations in December outside India
An epitome of luxury and coastal adventures, the Maldives is a tropical haven for honeymooners and leisure travelers. Located in the Indian Ocean, this archipelago is a cluster of almost 1200 islands, among the top warm places to visit in December international. Here, you can indulge in the breathtaking beauty of the beaches, and delight in fun-filled times.
The Maldives boasts white sandy beaches, luxurious water villas, and vivid blue lagoons. You can get opportunities to indulge in adrenaline-pumping water sports such as swimming with manta rays and reef sharks, snorkeling, and scuba diving.
- The Maldives Temperature in December: 26 degrees Celsius to 29 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in the Maldives: Male, National Museum, Maafushi Island, HP Reef, Grand Friday Mosque, Vaadhoo Island, Utheemu Island
- Things to do in the Maldives: Dolphin and Whale watching, scuba diving a Maafushi, snorkeling at Hanifaru Bay, helicopter ride, sunset cruise ride
- Get High on These Adventure Activities in the Maldives
- Interesting Facts about the Maldives you Must Know
- A Family Holiday in the Maldives: Trip Report
- 10 Best Resorts in the Maldives for Couples for Unadulterated Relaxation
- 10 Best Places to Visit in Maldives for a Blissful Vacay
- Charming Islands in Maldives for Honeymoon to Form a Stronger Love Bond
- 7 Best Resorts in the Maldives for Honeymoon to Ignite the Romantic Spark
Cambodia is the best place to vacation in December for warm weather and visit the immaculate beaches and spend quality time with loved ones. A perfect blend of modern and ancient worlds, Cambodia caters to the needs of every kind of traveler. It offers an incredible range of activities in which you can partake and also explore scenic attractions.
Cambodia is home to spectacular temples, designated as UNESCO World Heritage Sites and Angkor Wat is one of the renowned temples. In fact, it is the largest religious monument complex in the world and is spread over an area of 403 acres. It is a perfect place to get a glimpse of the rich cultural heritage of Cambodia.
- Cambodia Temperature in December: 22 degrees Celsius to 30 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in Cambodia: Angkor Wat, Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Battambang, Koh Rong, Kirirong National Park, Ratanakiri, Koh Ker
- Things to do in Cambodia: Biking, cruising, swimming, shopping, spot dolphins, scuba diving, traditional Khmer spa, watch sunrise and sunset at Angkor Wat
The warm weather of December makes it among the best tourist destinations in the world. You can explore the incredible natural and historical sites, marvel at colorful canyons, and spend quality time with your loved ones on the breathtaking coastlines.
Nestled in the Pacific Ocean, Hawaii is home to some spectacular beaches and lush valleys. There are five active volcanoes, which are among the popular attractions in Hawaii and international places to visit in December outside India.
- Hawaii Temperature in December: 19 degrees Celsius to 28 degrees Celsius
- Popular Attractions in December: Haleakala National Park, Hulopoe Beach, Hapuna Beach, Na Pali Coast State Wilderness Park, Lanai, Volcanoes National Park
- Things to do in December: Whale-watching cruise, hiking, fishing, zip-lining, paddle sports, skydiving, surfing, a helicopter ride
Now that you have the list, plan a trip and end this year on a memorable note. Indian Holiday provides all-inclusive warm-weather vacations to savor a slice of paradise and gift your loved ones an unforgettable trip as the year takes your leave.
Also, do not forget to share your travel experience with us!