You may have gone and read quite a few top 30/40/50 lists of the best honeymoon places in India in January.
Spoiled for choice, aren’t you?
That’s why we have meticulously crafted this list of the 7 best honeymoon destinations in India in 2024. Geographically vast as it is, choosing where to go in India for a honeymoon could easily become a tedious even uphill mission.
That is why we have carefully selected just a few, spread across all corners of India, each offering its own unique romantic allure. Just seven of them are from far corners of India where you could go for a honeymoon in India in January.
7 Best Honeymoon Places in India in January List
- Manali: Jewel of Himalayas
- Coorg: Scotland of the East
- Andaman: The Tropical Paradise
- Goa: Sussegado and Siesta
- Udaipur: City of Lakes
- Kerala: God’s own Country
- Shimla: Queen of the Hills
Also check out our collection of honeymoon tour packages in India
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Carpeted in snow and offering abundant adventure and romance ops, Manali is definitely one of the top honeymoon destinations in India in January, especially in the North.
There are a lot of romantic activities that you can indulge in when you are in Manali and even if you don’t and lay cosseted with your beloved in the bed then you’d have done everything that you have come to do.
Don’t take it the wrong way 🙂
Honeymoon is of course a beginning and what better way to do it than to get to know your partner with lush scenic landscape and even snowfall setting up the mood for the beginning of a lifelong romance?
Romantic things to do in Manali during your honeymoon in January
- Visit cozy cafes for that romantic spark
- Enjoy the yak ride near Hadimba Devi temple and capture memorable pics
- Visit old Manali for the old-world charm and enjoy live music over drinks in quaint cafes
- Go to Vashisht to visit temples and springs and endearing views
- Take a day excursion to Solang Valley to enjoy thrilling snow adventure sports activities
- You can also try Gulaba for a spectacular view of the cascading waterfall. And while you witness it, remember that mushy romantic song Piya Basanti Re was shot.
Ideal Duration: 3 – 4 days
Discover unaccustomed pleasures, waft in the wisp of fog and clouds, and listen to each other’s heart in the all-pervading silence. This and an even more unfamiliar romantic encounter awaits you in Coorg, not a wonder it is sometimes referred to as the ‘Scotland of East’.
Panoramic views of the meandering Western Ghats from an array of viewpoints, some plush romantic resorts in spectacular settings, and an array of activities to offer you intimate time with your partner, Coorg is definitely one of the best places for honeymoon in India especially down South.
Further Readings: 10 Amazing Tourist Places to visit in Coorg in 2 Days
Recommended Stay for honeymoon in Coorg
1. Ibnii Eco Luxury Resort set amidst vast swathes of coffee plantations to surrender to nature. Surprise your partner at this romantic resort where you really don’t even have to step out to celebrate an extraordinary intimate beginning of your married life.
At Ibnii, you get ample private space at Kopi Luwak pool villas which are reserved only for couples. Tread the cobbled pathways to discover many romantic callings. Early morning mist over lakes and dew-drenched wooded surroundings are endearing as well.
2. Old Kent Stay and Spa is nestled amidst 200 acres of coffee plantation with its private cottages with gardens and of course the rejuvenating spa to reinvigorate your passion. If waking up to the calling of songbirds on dewy mystical mornings, beholding the lush misty forest is not romantic enough, head out to one of the many attractions which are easily accessible.
Romantic Things to do in on your honeymoon in Coorg in January
- Visit the Iruppu Falls to behold the cascading waterfalls
- Go offbeat at Dubare Elephant Camp
- The sweeping view at the Raja’s Seat will definitely sweep you off your feet
- A day excursion to Nisargadhama, a thick forest interspersed with thick bamboo groves is a must-visit with a range of activities like elephant safari, deer & rabbit park, a hanging bridge, and cascading River Cauvery where you could go boating. The famous Abbey Falls and Bylakuppe Tibetan Settlement are also located close by.
Andaman and Nicobar
Located in the east of the Indian mainland in the Bay of Bengal, the Andaman and Nicobar Islands are peaceful and a great destination to celebrate the perfect honeymoon.
The Andaman and Nicobar Islands are brimming with rich flora and fauna, which provides a romantic atmosphere to spend time with each other. Take your loved one on a trip to this romantic island and enjoy pleasant weather along with several recreational activities in Andaman.
Romantic experiences in Andaman:
- Experience scuba diving
- Enjoy the best jetty rides
- Cruising along with beautiful views
- Private candlelight dinner on a beachside
- Island hopping
- Shopping at local markets
Ideal Duration: 4 – 5 days
- Complete Andaman Honeymoon Guide
- Things to do in Andaman during your honeymoon
- Andaman & Nicobar Islands for Post-Covid-19 Travel Safety Guideline
Goa has been a honeymoon hotspot for a long time. Pristine beaches, historical places, rich Portuguese culture, delectable seafood, and vivid nightlife set Goa on the list of best places to visit for a honeymoon in January.
Take your partner to this pocket-size paradise and enjoy life to the fullest. January is one of the peak tourist months when you can indulge in several outdoor activities in Goa such as watersports, shopping, and sightseeing. From refreshing beverages to the seaside, its freshness invites couples to enjoy a memorable honeymoon.
Romantic experiences in Goa
- River cruising along the Mandovi River
- Romantic candlelight dinner on a beachside
- Beachside photography
- Pray together at the historical churches
- Enjoy a relaxing spa together
Ideal Duration: 3 – 4 days
- Top 10 Beaches in Goa for Vibrant Nightlife
- Most Romantic Places in Goa for Couples
- Best Cottages in Goa for a Pleasant Stay
- 15 Hidden Places in Goa for Off the Beaten Path Experience
Begin your newly married life at one of the famous tourist centers of India, the “City of Lakes”. This beautiful city is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India. There are several palaces, museums, and tranquil lakes where you can celebrate your togetherness.
Apart from the lakes in Udaipur, there are many things about Rajputana culture, which you will love to see. Explore the dynamic market and buy amazing souvenirs. January is one of the ideal months to visit Udaipur as the cool atmosphere offers amazing sightseeing.
Romantic Experiences in Udaipur:
- Dine in the middle of Lake Pichola
- Explore the City Palace complex
- Enjoy the sunset view together at Ambrai Ghat
- Seek blessing at Jagdish Temple
Ideal Duration: 3 days
Further Reading: Things to do in Udaipur
Kerala is beautifully groomed by nature, aptly called God’s Own Country. No wonder, celebrating a honeymoon in this state of India offers an exceptional experience. Lush greenery, pristine beaches, tranquil lakes, emerald backwaters, and rugged mountains make Kerala special.
If you choose this destination for a honeymoon in January, you will not be disappointed. Take your beloved to the famous beaches in Kerala such as Kovalam, Varkala, Marari, or Kollam, and enjoy sunbathing, swimming, and other recreational activities.
A romantic lunch in a houseboat running in the palm-fringed backwaters of Kerala will make your honeymoon more special. Spend time together in the calming atmosphere and explore the city’s attractions.
Romantic experiences in Kerala:
- Watch Kathakali Dance
- Walk hand in hand on the beach
- Spend a night in a Tree House
- Get an Ayurveda massage together
- Relish local cuisine
Ideal Duration: 6 – 7 days
- 5 Best Honeymoon Places in Kerala
- Things to do in Kerala
- 10 Best Kerala Ayurveda Resorts
- 8 Most Beautiful Lakes in Kerala
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
If you are looking to experience snowfall as an idea of romance, then Shimla is definitely the honeymoon one of the two honeymoon places in India in January where you should head to. The other one that we have included in this list is Manali.
The simplicity of this place is such an attraction that you will not feel like going back. It is blessed with snow-capped mountains, dense forests, orchards, and other natural bounties.
The Victorian-style buildings scattered across Mall Road and beyond lend a quaint charm to this hill town. The snow carpeted landscape and the cold weather are favorable for activities like skiing, sledding, and snowboarding.
We’d definitely recommend a day excursion to Kufri from Shimla to enjoy more snow and adventure sports activities. Spend 2 – 3 hours at least to have fun and intimate moments with your partner. Sip on hot tea and eat steaming Maggi, the stable brunch at Himalayan adventure places.
Pro Tip: Have an extra day and spend a night in Narkanda located 60 kilometers away from Shimla. Instead of a hotel, stay at one of the camping accommodations for a unique romantic experience.
Hike up to Hatu Peak the next day. The entire trail is densely forested with conifers, maples, and oaks. The view of the snow-laden Shivalik Hills is spellbinding. There’s a temple near the top of the trail also with excellent photo ops.
If snow allows, the entire trail is motorable as well. And then there’s an alternate trail that takes you through dense forests which opens up to some time green time snow-covered pastures and a pond on the way. Not many take the trail and offer private moments to discover many romantic callings.
Romantic experiences in Shimla:
- Enjoy stunning views from Naldehra Peak
- Explore the famous Mall Road together
- Enjoy horse riding
- Take a day tour from Shimla to Kufri to enjoy thrilling adventure sports
Further Reading: Things to do in Shimla on your honeymoon
January is the coldest month of the year in the Northern Hemisphere and luckily India is one of the countries, which lies in this half.
Just like the cold breeze of winter freezes the atmosphere, in the same way, firm your bond and discover the warmth of a lifelong journey.
If you are wondering why just 7, not 10 (which is of course the standard). Well, we have missed a few corners, to be honest! We’ll be expanding this list soon.
So keep watching this space!