When it comes to honeymoon places in India in winter months from November to February, newlywed couples are spoiled for choice.
From tropical Goa beaches, pristine Andaman & Nicobar islands, Kerala backwaters down south to the sand dunes & exotic desert safaris and camping in Rajasthan and from the unspoiled Northeast with tea gardens and tribes to the snow-laden Himalayas up North in Uttarakhand, Kashmir and Himachal Pradesh, take your pick with our tastefully curated honeymoon places in India to start planning your beautiful beginning,
25 Best Honeymoon Places in India in Winter
|Andaman||Jaisalmer||Gangtok||Alleppey||Daman & Diu|
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Nestled amidst the Pir Panjal and Dhauladhar ranges, Manali is situated at an elevation of 2,050 m above sea level. Blessed with breathtaking views, scenic landscapes, lush green forests, sprawling meadows, and gushing streams; Manali is a paradise for nature lovers. No wonder, it is among the top honeymoon destinations in India in winter. This high-altitude hill town offers an amazing blend of secluded valleys, snow-capped peaks, and cozy living spaces for newly-wed couples.
What’s special in Manali?
|Hadimba Temple||Rohtang Pass||Mall Road|
|Vashisht Temple||Solang Valley|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Manali:
- Spend quality time at Pandoh Dam.
- Have a snow fight at Rohtang Pass.
- Enjoy adventure sports together at Solang Valley
- Stroll hand-in-hand at the Mall Road.
- Enjoy paragliding, yak ride, and zorbing.
- Take blessings for your married life at Hadimba Temple.
- Have a date at Manali’s best cafes.
- Stay in a treehouse for a memorable experience.
- Pick up handicrafts from Himachal Emporium.
- Shop for Tibetan items at Tibetan Market.
How to reach Manali?
- By Air: Bhuntar Airport (51 km)
- By Rail: Chandigarh Railway Station (295 km) and Pathankot Railway Station (294 km)
- By Road: Manali is well-connected with the major cities of North India and is a getaway for Lahaul-Spiti. The nearest major city is Chandigarh (295 km).
Agra, Uttar Pradesh
Home to the iconic Taj Mahal, one of the Seven Wonders of the World and an epitome of love, Agra is an epic place to begin a beautiful journey of togetherness. The splendid monument and romantic weather add charm to the incredible holiday experience, making this city an amazing winter honeymoon destination in India.
Get customizable Agra packages
What’s special in Agra?
|Taj Mahal||Agra Fort||Itimad-Ud-Daulah Tomb|
|Fatehpur Sikri||Mehtab Bagh|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Agra:
- Watch the sunrise and sunset tour of the Taj Mahal.
- Go for a romantic boat ride at Keetham Lake.
- Attend a cultural show at Kalakriti Convention Centre.
- Enjoy a picnic and watch the sunset from Mehtab Bagh.
- Dine-in for a romantic dinner with the Taj Mahal view.
- Visit Agra Fort to witness excellent Mughal architecture.
- Savor Agra’s street food.
- Take a cooking class together.
- Witness the beauty of Jahangir Mahal.
- Go for a shopping spree at Kinari Bazaar.
How to reach Agra?
- By Air: Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Airport
- By Rail: Agra Cantt and Raja ki Mandi Railway Station are the major railheads of the city.
- By Road: You can get buses from Delhi to Agra, which takes about 4 hours to reach.
- Popular Tourist Attractions to Visit in Agra for a Memorable Vacation.
- Top 5 Places to Visit for Snowfall near Delhi
Blessed with lofty peaks, Auli turns into a winter wonderland and is one of the best honeymoon places to visit in winter in India. Nestled at an altitude of 2800 m above sea level in the Garhwal region, Auli is a popular skiing destination in India.
Encompassed by Nanda Devi and Nar Parvat mountains, Auli is an idyllic hill resort, which is blessed by glittering and snow-carpeted slopes. Its spellbinding views and adventure activities make it the best destination choice for honeymooners.
Check out Auli honeymoon packages.
What’s special in Auli?
|Auli Lake||Kuari Pass||Nanda Devi National Park|
|Trishul Peak||Joshimath||Chenab Lake|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Auli:
- Enjoy skiing on the snow-laden slopes.
- Sip on hot chocolate while enjoying snow-laden peaks from the window.
- For a visual treat, go on a ropeway ride.
- Witness colorful birds at Nanda Devi Biosphere Reserve.
- Spend time in peace at Chattrakund Lake.
- Enjoy shopping at the Lower Market.
- Watch the magnificent Trishul Peak.
- Get mesmerized by the beauty of Chenab Lake.
- Pamper your eyes at Auli Artificial Lake.
- Adventure-loving couples can take on the Kuari Pass trek.
How to reach Auli?
- By Air: Jolly Grant Airport, Dehradun is the nearest airport (180 km)
- By Rail: Dehradun Railway Station (150 km)
- By Road: The nearest major city is Dehradun (152 km). You can get cabs from Dehradun to Auli.
- 10 Unique Experiences in Auli in Winter.
- Browse through our tastefully crafted tours to plan your honeymoon in Auli
Dalhousie, Himachal Pradesh
Dalhousie is an amazing fusion of breathtaking views and colonial structures, which entices the newlyweds all over the country. A honeymoon in Dalhousie is a perfect idea for those who wish to bask in the serenity of nature. There are not many activities to do but still, the natural beauty adds to your romantic trip to Dalhousie in winter. Lush green hills, mesmerizing landscapes, picturesque valleys, and emerald meadows make this majestic hill town an ideal romantic getaway for honeymooners during winters in India.
What’s special in Dalhousie?
|Khajjiar||Panchpulla||Satdhara Falls||Chamera Lake|
|Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary||Dainkund Top||St.John’s Church|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Dalhousie:
- Glance at the snow-laden peaks.
- Indulge in horse-riding and paragliding in Khajjiar.
- Try zip-lining at Panchpula.
- Stroll on the Mall Road.
- Witness the wild at Kalatop Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Enjoy romantic boating at Chamera Lake.
- Spend time alone at Satdhara Falls.
- Savor delicious meals at various Dalhousie cafes and restaurants.
- Buy handicrafts at Bhuttico and Tibetan Market.
How to reach Dalhousie?
- By Air: Pathankot Airport is the nearest airport (75 km) but is connected with New Delhi only. The second nearest airport is Gaggal Airport, Kangra (140 km) and it is well-connected to the domestic cities.
- By Rail: The nearest railhead is Pathankot Railway Station (71 km).
- By Road: Pathankot is the nearest city to Dalhousie and is connected by buses and cabs.
Tucked in the lap of the Himalayas, Shillong is a charismatic hill station that offers romantic experiences to honeymooners. This capital city of Meghalaya is nestled at an altitude of 1,525 m above sea level and is among the popular honeymoon destinations to visit in India in December.
Renowned as the ‘Scotland of the East’, Shillong is blessed with numerous waterfalls, crystal-clear lakes, and breathtaking vistas that make it popular among couples.
Plan a trip to offbeat honeymoon places in India.
What’s special in Shillong?
|Lady Hydari Park||Umiam Lake||Elephant Falls||Shillong Peak|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Shillong:
- Enjoy scenic boating at Umiam Lake.
- Book the boathouse near the lake for a unique experience.
- Spend quality time at Elephant Falls.
- Watch the birds fly through the gentle air at Shillong Peak.
- Feed the fishes at Ward’s Lake.
- Click #couple photos at Sohpetbneng Peak.
- Tour Khasi Heritage Village.
- Have warm momos at Police Bazar.
- Talk heart-to-heart with your beloved at Sweet Falls.
How to reach Shillong?
- By Air: Umroi Airport, Shillong (30 km)
- By Rail: Guwahati Railway Station is the nearest railhead (95 km).
- By Road: The nearest major city is Guwahati (98 km).
Reckoned as one of the most romantic cities in India, Udaipur also known as the ‘City of Lakes’ exudes matchless beauty. Placid lakes, splendid palaces, and other attractions of the city make it an ideal winter honeymoon destination in India.
A plethora of romantic activities and experiences in this beautiful city helps you start a much-awaited phase of your life and allows you to treat your partner to the unforgettable trip of your life.
Plan a Udaipur Honeymoon Trip to roam the city with your beloved.
What’s special in Udaipur?
|City Palace||Jag Mandir||Udaipur Lake Palace|
|Saheliyon ki Bari||Monsoon Palace Udaipur|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Udaipur:
- Cruise on Lake Pichola.
- Marvel at the beautiful sunsets hand-in-hand.
- Stay at a luxury hotel.
- Enjoy a hot air balloon trip.
- Speed boating at Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Pay a visit to Shilpgram Village.
- Enjoy Mewar Sound and Light Show at Manek Chowk.
- Seek blessings for your married life at Jagdish Temple.
- Enjoy a sunset ferry ride at Fateh Sagar Lake.
- Dine-in at Fort View Restaurant for a romantic dinner.
- Explore the shopping markets of Udaipur.
How to reach Udaipur?
- By Air – Maharana Pratap Airport (20 km)
- By Rail – Udaipur City Railway Station (0.98 km)
- By Road – Udaipur is connected to major cities via road and the nearest city is Jodhpur (250.6 km)
Exuding matchless beauty, Munnar holds a spellbinding effect of a lush and peaceful environment. It is an idyllic escape amidst the lap of nature, which makes it among the best honeymoon places in India. The aroma of tea gardens, the comforts of luxury resorts, and the charm of exotic wildlife make you fall in love with the hill town. To spend some intimate moments with each other far away from frenzied city life.
Plan your honeymoon tour in Kerala and have a memorable trip.
What’s special in Munnar?
|Echo Point||Tea & Spice Plantations||Attukad Waterfalls||Anamudi Peak|
|Ayurvedic Spa||Mattupetty Dam||Mattupetty Dam||Kundala Lake|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Munnar:
- Delight in staying in a treehouse.
- Capture candid moments near scenic waterfalls.
- Taste the Keralite cuisine at Saravana Bhavan.
- Treat your eyes to the sublime beauty of the Western Ghats at Top Station.
- Get a couples massage.
- Enjoy tea-making together at Lockhart Tea Factory.
- Click pictures with Attukal Waterfalls in the backdrop.
- Say your sweetheart’s name out loud at Echo Point.
- Trek to the Anamudi Peak.
- Shop for souvenirs at Munnar Market.
How to reach Munnar?
- By Air – Cochin Airport (110.4 km)
- By Rail – Aluva Railway Station (110 km)
- By Road – The nearest city is Kozhikode (278.5 km)
There is nothing better than reveling in love while camping in Sam Sand Dunes. Boasting golden sand dunes, Jaisalmer will transform your evening into a memorable affair. From unforgettable candlelight dinners, mesmerizing folk dances, and music to stargazing, everything keeps you amused throughout your honeymoon holidays in India. In other words, the city has everything you can envision for your ideal honeymoon.
What’s special in Jaisalmer?
|Splendid forts||Quaint Havelis||Majestic palaces|
|Jaisalmer Fort||Kuldhara Village||Gadisar Lake|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Jaisalmer:
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Sunset Palace.
- History-loving couples can walk through history at Sonar Quila.
- Get yourself colorful handicrafts at Manak Chowk.
- Enjoy desert safari.
- Dare to try your hands at Dune bashing and quad biking.
- Go for Parasailing.
- Cherish Sunrise camel safari.
- Boating in Gadisar Lake.
- Feel the warmth as you cuddle each other beside a bonfire.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner at Sunset Palace.
- History-loving couples can walk through history at Sonar Quila.
- Get yourself colorful handicrafts at Manak Chowk.
How to reach Jaisalmer?
- By Air – Jodhpur Airport (275 km)
- By Rail – Jodhpur Railway Station (7.4 km)
- By Road – The nearest city is Jodhpur (283.1 km)
Andaman and Nicobar Islands
Hypnotizing beauty, fascinating beaches, spellbinding islands, serene bliss and so much more put Andaman and Nicobar Islands on this list of best romantic honeymoon destinations in India in winter. This is that one place where everything reminds of romance. Grab each other’s hands and dive down the azure water to discover the amusing underwater world. Reckoned as one of the top honeymoon destinations in India, the island lures scuba diving lovers and newly wedded couples alike.
What’s special in Andaman?
|Havelock Island||Elephant beach||Cellular Jail|
|Neill Island||Ross Island||Rajiv Gandhi Water Sports Complex|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Andaman:
- Soak-in scenic sunset views from Radhanagar beach.
- Enjoy island hopping.
- Partake in water sports like scuba diving, snorkeling, etc.
- Relax at Corbyn’s Cove Beach.
- Spend quality time on the cruise
- Experience seeing dolphins through a glass-bottom boat.
- Opt for mangrove kayaking.
- Shop for handicrafts at Sagarika Government Emporium.
- Visit the volcano at Barren Island.
- Enjoy underwater sea walking together.
- Visit North Bay Island for water activities.
Also Read: How to Plan Honeymoon in Andaman
- By Air – Veer Savarkar International Airport (275 km)
- By Rail – Chennai (1353 km)
- By Ship – Chennai (1356 km)
Titled the ‘Paradise on Earth’, Kashmir is a paradise for honeymooners. Bestowed with bountiful nature and blessed with scenic attractions, Kashmir is an ideal place to experience a honeymoon in India. It is one of those places where every couple must visit to escape the crowds, breathe in the fresh air, and spend quality time in peace. A thick sheet of snow covers the entire area in the winter season and offers a unique spectacle to behold.
Witness the Sheer Beauty with Kashmir Honeymoon Packages.
What’s special in Kashmir?
|Dal Lake||Nishat & Shalimar Bagh||Tulip Garden|
|Chashme Shahi||Shankaracharya Temple||Sonamarg|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Kashmir:
- Have fun skiing at Gulmarg.
- Enjoy a shikhara ride on Dal Lake.
- Explore the Mughal Gardens.
- Savor Kashmiri cuisines.
- Sip on Kashmiri Kahwa.
- Buy Pashmina and Woolen.
- Enjoy the Gondola Ride.
- Spend intimate moments at Pahalgam
- Get yourself Kashmiri traditional clothes and handicrafts.
- Treat your eyes to scenic views at Sonamarg.
- Witness Shivalik range at Patnitop.
Also read: About top things to do in Kashmir
How to reach Kashmir?
- By Air – Srinagar International Airport (275 km)
- By Rail – Udhampur (293 km)
- By Road – Jammu Tawi (297 km)
Fabled for its number of beaches, Kovalam is one of the best places to visit in Kerala for a honeymoon. A trip to this one of the romantic destinations in India in winter will leave you with uncountable memories to be cherished forever. Be it the shallow waters, Ayurvedic massages, or the delectable delicacies, everything in Kovalam has its own charm. Given these points, there is no doubt as to why the town offers an ideal escape.
What’s special in Kovalam?
|Hawah Beach||Lighthouse Beach||Aruvikkara Dam|
|Thiruvallam Parasurama Temple||Vizhinjam Rock Cut Cave Temple||Artificial Offshore Coral Reef|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Kovalam:
- Opt for a romantic houseboat cruise.
- Explore Kovalam Art Gallery.
- Experience a relaxing Ayurvedic couple massage.
- Stay at Halcyon Castle.
- Practice couple yoga at Neyyar Dam.
- Walk hand-in-hand at Valiyathura Pier.
- Glide through the sky while parasailing.
- Stay at Kovalam Beach Resort for comfort and luxury.
- Feel the fresh air at Vellayani Lake.
- Enjoy a sunset cruise with your sweetheart.
How to reach Kovalam?
- By Air – Trivandrum International Airport (15 km)
- By Rail – Thiruvananthapuram Central Railway Station (1353 km)
- By Road – Trivandrum (17.5 km)
Darjeeling, West Bengal
Are you the kind of couple who adore spending some time amidst nature’s lap? If so, then Darjeeling is the place to be. Featuring picturesque tea gardens, the hill town definitely appears on the list of best places for honeymoon in winter in India. Riding the toy train of the Darjeeling Himalayan Railways, a UNESCO World Heritage Site is an absolute must. Also, the snowy peaks of Kanchenjunga and delicious hill cuisine are also major attractions in Darjeeling among couples.
What’s special in Darjeeling?
|Himalayan Mountaineering Institute||Tiger Hill||Batasia Loop|
|Peace Pagoda||Darjeeling Ropeway||Nightingale Park|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Darjeeling:
- Hike up to the mountains.
- Go for Sandakphu Trek.
- Soak in awe-inspiring views of the Himalayas from Mall Road.
- Take a tour of the Rock Garden.
- Explore the Ghoom Monastery.
- Stroll on the Mall Road.
- Relish local food like momos and thukpa.
- Enjoy shopping for traditional items at Bhutia Market.
- Explore the rich wildlife at Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park.
How to reach Darjeeling?
- By Air – Bagdogra Airport (69.5 km)
- By Rail – New Jalpaiguri Railway Station (72.4 km)
- By Road – Kalimpong (17.5 km)
- Complete guide on how to reach Darjeeling
- Here are the top 20 Things to do in Darjeeling when you visit this picturesque hill town
Rich flora and fauna, multi-hued waters, lively shacks, dynamic wildlife, and what not! All things considered, Goa always finds a place in the list of most sought-after honeymoon destinations in India during the winter season. Moreover, the festive aura in winter adds to the fun quotient and helps the couples treasure a coveted experience.
What’s special in Goa?
|Dudhsagar Fall||Aguada Fort||Old Goa|
|Panaji||Chapora Fort||Dudhsagar Falls|
Romantic Things to do on a honeymoon in Goa:
- Party at the popular beaches in Goa like Miramar Beach, Baga Beach, Arambol Beach, etc
- Visit churches in Goa, and don’t miss the UNESCO World Heritage Sites
- Savor Goan cuisines
- Bonfire at the pristine beaches
- Shopping at the popular Goan flea markets
- Try your luck at casinos
- Embark on sunrise or sunset cruises
How to reach Goa?
- By Air – Dabolim International Airport (43.8 km)
- By Rail – Madgaon Railway Station (28.6 km)
- By Road – Margao City Bus Stand (31.2 km)
Daman and Diu
If you are looking for something offbeat, Daman and Diu are one of the best honeymoon places to visit in winter. Ditch the most sought-after honeymoon destinations and head towards one of the offbeat romantic places in India. Daman and Diu is nothing less than an unexplored paradise, which attracts scores of visitors with its age-old glory. The limestone cliffs, sun-kissed beaches, and lovely environs set a perfect backdrop for your post-wedding photoshoot.
What’s special in Daman and Diu?
|Diu Fort||Ruins of the Dominican Monastery||Gangeshwar Temple|
|Moti Daman Fort||INS Khukri Memorial||Sea Shell Museum|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Daman and Diu:
- Rent a bicycle to explore the city.
- Caving at Naida Caves.
- Bask in the sunshine at the beaches.
- Worship at the churches.
- Explore the Diu Museum.
- Enjoy at the Vaibhav Water World.
- Visit the Dinosaur Park.
- Fresco dining at Jalandhar Beach.
- Visit Seashells Museum.
- Spend time in privacy at Kadaiya Lake Garden.
- Walk the old lanes of Diu.
How to reach Daman and Diu?
- By Air – Mumbai Airport (193 km)
- By Rail – Vapi Railway Station (12.4 km)
- By Road – Vapi (10.8 km)
A gem in the crown of Kerala, Alleppey has an exceptional surprise for you that can make your India tours special. Houseboat cruises on backwaters in Alleppey offer you an unforgettable ride that will remain in your hearts forever. Wake up to the sweet melodies of floating water and the chirping of birds. Treat your eyes to the amazing views. What else do you want to make your honeymoon in winter in India special?
What’s special in Alleppey?
|Pathiramanal||Marari Beach||Krishnapuram Palace|
|Punnamada Lake||Jain Temple||Revi Karuna Karan Memorial Museum|
- Houseboat tours at Alappuzha Beach.
- Bird Watching at Vembanad Lake.
- Offer prayers at the Ambalappuzha Sri Krishna Temple.
- Visit Basilica of St. Mary, Champakulam.
- Explore the Brackish Lagoons.
- Shop for spices at Canal Bazar.
- Rejuvenate yourself with a couple’s Ayurvedic massage.
- Enjoy a picnic day at Marari Beach.
- Interact with baby elephants at Elephant Training Camp.
- Experience coconut craft at the International Coir Museum.
How to reach Alleppey?
- By Air – Arrive at Cochin International Airport (83.7 km)
- By Rail – Deboard at Cochin Harbour Terminus (55.7 km)
- By Road – Alappuzha KSRTC Bus Stand (1.2 km)
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Newly wedded couples usually wish to plan their honeymoon at one of the popular hill stations in India. Right? Ooty is among the top romantic hill stations in India for honeymoon. Nestled amidst the enchanting Nilgiri hills, Ooty has a lot to offer to help honeymoon couples curate memories of a lifetime. Botanical Gardens, UNESCO World Heritage Mountain Railways, lakes, and peaks add to the charm of the place.
What’s special in Ooty?
|Botanical Garden||Stone House||Doddabetta||Toy Train Ride|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Ooty:
- Take a ride on Nilgiri Mountain Railway.
- Soak in the beauty of Ooty Lake.
- Pay homage at the St. Stephen’s Church.
- Visit the Government Rose Garden.
- Click pictures at Dolphin’s Nose.
- Delight in the picturesque beauty at Doddabetta Peak.
- Take a tour of the Tea Museum.
- Walk hand-in-hand at Ooty Rose Garden.
- Shop for tasty homemade chocolates.
How to reach Ooty?
- By Air – Coimbatore Airport (88 km)
- By Rail – Mettupalayam (40 km)
- By Road – Ooty bus stand (0.8 km)
How about gazing at an awe-inspiring sunrise with your better half beside you? Gangtok is one of the best places to visit in northeast India and will spark up your romantic experience. The search for an ideal honeymoon destination in India in winter ultimately ends here! Make the most of your desired opportunity to know each other well. After all, the honeymoon is the time you have waited for so long!
What’s special in Gangtok?
|MG Road||Rumtek Monastery||Do Drul Chorten monastery|
|Ganesh Tok||Namgyal Institute of Tibetology.|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Gangtok:
- Visit Nathu La Pass.
- Admire the beauty of Tsomgo Lake.
- Excursion to the Ban Jhakri Falls.
- Trek to Enchey Monastery.
- Gaze at the majestic views of the Kanchenjunga.
- Enjoy bird’s eye view while paragliding.
- Explore the city on a bicycle.
- Take a trip to Seven Sister Waterfalls for alone time.
- Enjoy a yak safari to serene Tsomgo Lake.
- Go shopping at Lal Bazar and MG Road
How to reach Gangtok?
- By Air – Bagdogra Airport (125.5 km)
- By Rail – New Jalpaiguri (119.2 km)
- By Road – Siliguri (114.5 km)
Lovebirds can revel in their perfect escape at Nainital, one of the most romantic destinations in India. Settled around the scenic Naini Lake amid the Kumaon Hills, the destination is known for its plethora of lakes, snow-capped mountains, the abundance of nature and so much more. During winters, you can enjoy hot chocolate together to combat the cold. Flaunting the title of the ‘City of Lakes’, the hill town lures nature lovers from all around the world.
What’s special in Nainital?
|Eco Cave Gardens||Sattal Lake||Tiffin Top|
|Naukuchiyatal Lake||Bhimtal Lake||Naina Devi Temple|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Nainital:
- Visit Cheena Peak for splendid views.
- Walk together at Mall Road and shop for souvenirs.
- Take blessings at Naina Devi Temple.
- Admire Nainital views on a ropeway ride.
- Soak in the natural beauty while yachting at Naini Lake.
- Cherish breathtaking views from Snow Viewpoint.
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride at Naini Lake.
- Watch the sunset together at Tiffin Top.
- Enjoy shopping at Bara Bazar.
- Visit Nainital Zoo to spot rare animals.
- By Air – Dehradun Airport (273.1 km)
- By Rail – Kathgodam Railway Station (34.2 km)
- By Road – Kathgodam (33.7 km)
Offering you the best of Kerala, Wayanad is among the superb honeymoon places in India in the winter season. While salubrious weather urges you to surrender yourself to the exquisiteness around you, attractions and activities keep you going. Planning a trip to Wayanad in winter is an ideal option. In fact, September to March is the best time to visit Kerala.
What’s special in Wayanad?
|Ambukuthi mala||Iruppu Falls||Wayanad Heritage Museum||Edakkal Caves|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Wayanad:
- Trek to the Chembra Peak.
- Go for a wildlife Safari at the Nagarhole National Park.
- Explore the Thusharagiri Falls.
- Visit the Banasura Sagar Dam.
- Excursion to the Kuruvadweep.
- If you are an adventurous couple, go ziplining.
- Walk through the lush tea estates.
- Enjoy cycling together in Nilgiri.
- Spot the wildlife at Wayanad Wildlife Sanctuary.
- Sit quietly and talk your heart out at Soochipara falls.
- Spend a romantic night at Vythiri Village Resort, a treehouse.
How to reach Wayanad?
- By Air – Calicut International Airport (98.7 km)
- By Rail – Kozhikode Railway Station (85.9 km)
- By Road – Kozhikode (85 km)
Make the most of your honeymoon tour in India even if you are running short of time. Also, Coorg is one such place that keeps you engaged in lots of things to do and innumerable places to explore. Furthermore, the title of ‘Scotland of India’ speaks for itself. Moreover, this winter honeymoon destination in India fascinates you with the aromatic fragrance of coffee. Additionally, the sublime beauty of the mesmerizing hills is simply irresistible.
What’s special in Coorg?
|Abbey Falls||Coffee plantations||Raja’s Seat||Pushpagiri wildlife sanctuary|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Coorg:
- Marvel at the panoramic views of the mountains.
- Spend a day at the Dubara Elephant Camp.
- Pay homage to Tibetan Monastery.
- Explore the Golden Temple aka Namdroling Monastery.
- Go for white water river rafting.
- Watch the sunset at Raja’s Seat.
- Walk around Madikeri Fort.
- Savor authentic Kodava food.
- Spend quality time at Cauvery Nisargadhama.
- Take blessings at Omkareshwara Temple.
- Enjoy a picnic at Iruppu Falls.
How to reach Coorg?
- By Air – Mysore Airport (119.4 km)
- By Rail – Mysore Railway Station (107.4 km)
- By Road – Mysore (108.3 km)
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
This lovely hill station hosts a lot of newly married couples throughout the year, especially in winters. Visit here to not only enjoy the view from the peaks but the food, weather, and activities as well. There are many places to visit in Shimla in winter for honeymooners that keep them engaged. Revel in each other’s company in Shimla and click pictures with snow-clad peaks in the background for memories.
What’s special in Shimla?
|Summer Hills||Skiing||The Ridge|
|Toy Train Ride||Naldehra Peak||Scandal Point|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Shimla:
- Walk down together to Tara Devi Temple.
- Take long leisurely walks with your sweetheart at Mall Road.
- Be adventurous in love and try skiing, paragliding, fishing, and ice skating.
- Enjoy a hot cup of coffee over sweet conversations.
- Enjoy trekking and camping at Chail.
Hold your hands while sitting on top of Summer Hill.
- Relive the scandalous story at Scandal Point.
- Treat your better half to shawls to souvenirs to trinkets.
- Spend time in a peaceful environment at Chadwick Falls.
How to reach Shimla?
- By Air: Jubbarhatti airport (approx. 22 km from Shimla).
- By Rail: Kalka Junction.
- By Road: Shimla is well-connected with all the other major nearby cities via road.
A lesser-known paradise, Gokarna is a beautiful place to spend time away from the hustle-bustle of life. Newly marrieds can find many activities that add to their honeymoon and bond. A laid-back fishing town, Gokarna is probably one of the least explored places in India for a honeymoon. Gokarna’s weather in winter is pleasant and allows sweethearts to enjoy romantic activities along with sightseeing tours.
What’s special in Gokarna?
|Om Beach||Cuddle Beach||Paradise Beach|
|Shri Mahabaleshwar Swami Temple||Gokarna Main Beach||Half Moon Beach|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Gokarna:
- Make a spiritual tour to Mahabaleshwar Temple.
- Enjoy beach trekking.
- Sit by the ocean and watch waves crashing on the seashore.
- Stroll hand-in-hand on the beach.
- Soak in the pristine beauty of Paradise Beach.
Shop at the Flea Market.
- Collect seashells for memories.
- Catch the gorgeous sunset at Cuddle Beach.
- Enjoy a catamaran ride.
How to reach Gokarna?
- By Air: Dabolim Airport (140 km).
- By Rail: Ankola (20 km).
- By Road: Well-connected to Goa by road.
Guwahati is one of the most well-known places in Northeast India and is known for its gorgeous natural wonders. From stylish restaurants to renowned tourist attractions like Kamakhya Temple, Guwahati offers a great time to honeymoon couples. Whether you love partying or drinking or simply spending time in silence by a lake, plan a romantic trip to this honeymoon place in winter in India.
What’s special in Guwahati?
|Umananda Island||Guwahati Zoo||Fancy Bazar|
|Kamakhya Temple||Ferry Ghat||Kamakhya Hills|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Guwahati:
- Spot the endangered Gee’s golden langurs.
- Relish the panoramic views of the hills.
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride at Dighali Pukhuri Lake.
- Spend time strolling in the colorful Nehru Park.
- Sail on the Ferry Ghat.
- Experience beachside romance with delicious food at Isle Natura.
- Party hard with your better half at Guwahati’s cafes.
- Take your love to Assam State Zoo cum Botanical Garden for a lovely walk.
- Shop at the ‘Chandni Chowk of Guwahati’, Fancy Bazar.
How to reach Guwahati?
- By Air: Guwahati Airport or Lokpriya Gopinath Bordoloi International Airport. (25 km from the main city).
- By Rail: Guwahati Railway Station (5 km from the city center).
- By Road: Linked to Tripura, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, West Bengal, and Nagaland by ASRTC buses.
Mount Abu, Rajasthan
The only hill station in Rajasthan, Mount Abu is one of the most beautiful places to visit on your honeymoon in winter. Blessed with panoramic viewpoints and ancient temples, Mount Abu gives couples a serene environment to spend romantic time together. If you are a history-loving and adventurous couple, there are many ancient sites and adventure activities to indulge in on your honeymoon in Mount Abu.
What’s special in Mount Abu?
|Nakki Lake||Love Rock|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Mount Abu:
- Enjoy a boat ride at Nakki Lake.
- Spend the night under the stars.
- Spend quality time and click pictures at Love Rock.
- Witness mesmerizing views from Guru Shikhar.
- Shop at Mount Abu Bazars.
- Indulge in day or night trekking.
- Try rock climbing together.
- Visit Toad Rock near Nakki Lake.
How to reach Mount Abu?
- By Air: Udaipur Airport (176 km)
- By Rail: Abu Road Railway Station (27 km from the city center).
- By Road: Connected by buses from Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Delhi, and Jaipur.
Enjoy your time at the only hill station in Rajasthan on a honeymoon in winter.
Located within the heart of Meghalaya, a state in Northeast India, Cherrapunji has countless attractions that keep every romantic couple happy. Lofty peaks, lush green weather, pleasant weather, and authentic food make Cherrapunji one of the best honeymoon places to visit in winter in India 2023-24. Plus, Cherrapunji is home to some of the highest waterfalls in Asia, which you cannot miss on your honeymoon trip.
What’s special in Cherrapunji?
|Nohkalikai Falls||Mawsmai Cave|
|Living Root Bridge||Mawsynram|
Romantic things to do on a honeymoon in Cherrapunji:
- Plan a romantic picnic at Seven Sister Falls.
- Trek to Double Decker Living Root Bridge.
- Admire the scenic beauty of Nohkalikai Falls.
- Interact with the locals for an authentic experience.
- Roam the city on a bicycle.
- Explore the wettest place on earth, Mawsynram.
- Treat your eyes to the views of lofty peaks.
- Visit Mawsmai Cave for exploration.
- Savor the delicious local food of Cherrapunji.
- Stroll around in the Eco Park.
How to reach Cherrapunji?
- By Air: Guwahati Airport (147 km)
- By Rail: Guwahati Railway Station (144 km).
- By Road: Government buses and cabs connect Cherrapunji to Guwahati and nearby cities.
FAQs about Winter Honeymoon Destinations in India
Q. Which is the most romantic place in India? +-
Ans.There are a lot of romantic places in India like Shimla, Gangtok, Goa, Auli, Srinagar, Udaipur, Jodhpur, and so on. This is a very subjective thing and it highly depends on the couple as to what is romantic according to them.
Where many people love to go mainstream and visit beaches like Andaman and Goa, others prefer visiting mountain cities like Gangtok, Shillong, Manali, Auli, and so on. There are a lot of couples who find it intriguing to visit historical destinations like Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, and more.
Q. Which is the best place for a honeymoon in India in December? +-
Ans. Manali, Auli, Mcleodganj, Kullu, Shimla, Gangtok, and more for those who wish to spend their honeymoon amidst the mountains.
Goa, Pondicherry, Kochi, Andaman, and Nicobar for those who wish to visit beaches on their honeymoon trip.
Jaisalmer, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jodhpur, Ajanta, and Ellora Caves are for those who love visiting historic places.
So, it depends on your likings as to which place is the best for your honeymoon in India. Listed above are some amazing places that have been active honeymoon destinations as well.
Q. Which is the best place for a honeymoon in November in India? +-
Ans. This is a subjective question and the best honeymoon destination in November in India will depend on your likings and inclination towards a place. If you wish to enjoy an amazing time at any place, you will have to consider all the important things that you want to include in your honeymoon.
Q. Where is the cheapest honeymoon destination in India? +-
Ans. The budget of your honeymoon depends on the accommodation, destination, distance of your destination from your place, duration of your trip, and a few more things. If you want to enjoy an affordable honeymoon you can simply check out the TOI honeymoon packages on the website and get the best-priced honeymoon.