Finally, it’s time for your honeymoon! You want to spend some beautiful moments with your beloved to celebrate your newly formed union. If you are looking for the most romantic honeymoon destinations in India in December, you are at the correct place. After all, the honeymoon is the best time to know each other better and strengthen the bond.
So, here we bring you some of the best honeymoon places in India in November and December. You can visit these destinations during the remaining part of the year or welcome 2023 with a visit there.
We have carefully picked the Best Honeymoon Destinations in India in December to choose from.
From snow valleys in Auli to the backwaters of Alleppey, we have chosen the top winter honeymoon places in India in 2023.
- Auli – A Skier’s Paradise
- Alleppey – Venice of the East
- Udaipur – Royalty at its Best!
- Darjeeling – Queen of the Hill Stations
- Hampi – House of Bygone Era
Auli – A Skier’s Paradise
If vacationing in a ski resort is on your honeymoon list, you need not go to a foreign land. Auli is one of the best honeymoon destinations in India in December for all ski lovers and trek enthusiasts. This hill resort in the Garhwal Himalayas (Uttarakhand) is loaded with apple orchards, old oaks, pine trees, and of course, the snow-capped mountains.
Not only this, but it also offers various treks like Kuari Pass Trek and Auli Gorson Trek. You can opt for activities like ropeway rides and camping. Catching an early sunrise or just sitting together with a cup of coffee on your balcony can be among the most romantic things you can do in Auli.
Why should you choose Auli?
If you will be heading to Auli anytime soon, it is among the best winter honeymoon places in India. Most especially, for couples like you who love adventure activities like skiing and trekking, Auli must be on your bucket list. Its abundant beauty, peace, places for privacy, and breathtaking views make this scenic splendor an unmissable choice for adventure-loving couples.
Romantic Experiences in Auli:
- The hypnotic view of Nanda Devi, Hathi Parvat, Trishul, and Nikanth
- Watching the sunset by the Auli Artificial Lake
- A romantic Gondola ride
- Visit Chenab Lake
- Skiing at Auli Ski Station
Weather in Auli in December: Winters are freezing and mostly cloudy. Throughout the year, the temperature in Auli ranges from -8 degrees Celsius to 20 degrees Celsius.
How to Reach Auli
- By air – Jolly Grant Airport or Dehradun Airport is the closest to Auli (305 km approx.). It is well connected with major cities in India.
- By rail – Regular trains operate from major Indian cities to Rishikesh railway station. Once reached, hire a cab to Auli (192 km approx.)
- By road – Experience the most scenic views on a journey by road. There are regular state buses available for Haridwar, Rishikesh, and Dehradun from Delhi. Also, buses for Auli from Pauri, Joshimath, and Rudraprayag are also available. You can hire a taxi or jeep to reach Auli.
Alleppey – Venice of the East
How can you not consider Kerala while planning for your exotic honeymoon? Kerala is the ‘Backwater Capital of India’ and Alleppey is its ‘Backwater Paradise’. It is a beautiful city that is home to the best houseboat cruises in Kerala. With a plethora of exciting things to do in Alleppey, the delight of celebrating your togetherness in this laidback destination manifolds.
Alleppey, also known as the ‘Venice of the East’ is one of the most sought-after romantic destinations in India in December for a winter getaway. It shimmers with calm backwaters, evergreen coconut trees, and a scenic web of canals.
Why should you choose Alleppey?
A stay in Alleppey’s famous houseboats is a great opportunity to spend time together in solitude. Also, Alleppey is known for the best Ayurvedic therapies and treatments in India. It helps you to relax and rejuvenate your body. Do not forget to explore the serene beaches and villages of Alleppey and make the most of your honeymoon trip to Kerala.
Romantic Experiences in Alleppey:
- Enjoy backwater cruises and houseboat stay
- Go bird watching and canoeing
- Take Ayurvedic couple spa sessions
- Watch amazing sunset views
- Savor traditional South Indian food together
Weather in Alleppey in December: This place has a tropical climate and the average temperature remains around 27 degrees Celsius.
How to Reach Alleppey
- By air – Cochin International Airport is the nearest airport to Alleppey (82 km approx.). Regular flights are available from major parts of India and can be reached easily.
- By rail – The closest railway station to Alleppey is the Alleppey railway station (3 km approx.). It is connected to all major cities and towns of the state as well as the country. Frequent trains are available and once reached, you can hire a taxi, bus, or auto from outside the station to reach Alleppey.
- By road – Regular KSRTC and private bus services allow you to reach Alleppey hassle-free. The journey is beautiful with lush greenery and scenic views.
Udaipur – Royalty at its Best!
Feel like a royal couple in the beautiful ‘City of Lakes’, Udaipur. in fact, it is considered one of the most romantic cities in the world. The architectural marvels and calm lakes will make you fall in love with the city. Explore famous historical sites here to know the grand Rajputana past and visit Shipgram. Grow in love with each other, while having a gala time on your honeymoon in this royal city of Rajasthan. No wonder, it is listed among the top 5 honeymoon places in India to visit in December.
Why should you choose Udaipur?
Here you can indulge in a fairy-tale boat ride during sunset, enjoy dinner in a romantic setup, and admire the beauty of magnificent forts. Exploring this magnificent city will make you realize why it is among the best places to visit for your honeymoon.
Romantic Experiences in Udaipur:
- Enjoy a sunset ferry ride on Fateh Sagar Lake
- Seek blessings for your married life at Jagdish Temple
- Visit Sunset Terrace at Fateh Prakash Palace for sunset views
- Indulge in a luxurious boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Go for a romantic date night in Ambrai restaurant
- Take a camel ride together
- Go paragliding
- Don’t miss out on the Mewar light and sound show at Manek Chowk
Weather in Udaipur in December: Winter season is the perfect time to plan the honeymoon. The temperature is comfortable to visit the tourist spots or just roam around in the city.
How to Reach Udaipur
- By air – Udaipur has a domestic airport called Maharana Pratap airport (26 km approx.). It gets flights from cities like Mumbai, Jaipur, Hyderabad, Delhi, and Jodhpur. The nearest international airports are located in Delhi, Mumbai, and Jaipur.
- By rail – Udaipur railway station is the main railway station (4 km approx.). It is well-connected with major Indian cities. You can catch frequent trains from Jaipur, Delhi, and Mumbai.
- By road – Regular buses operate to Udaipur from top cities in the country. You can book private or state buses and reach Udaipur easily.
Darjeeling – Queen of the Hill Stations
The ‘Queen of Hill Stations’, Darjeeling (West Bengal) gives you breathtaking views of glistening snow peaks, vibrant green hills, and welcoming prayer flags. It is one of the most magnificent hill stations to visit in December in India where newlyweds can have privacy with absolute comfort.
Apart from this, you can also delight in the visual treat presented by Darjeeling’s flaming red rhododendrons, and white magnolias along green tea plantations and forests. It is because of its ethereal beauty that Darjeeling is counted among the top budget honeymoon destinations in India in December.
Why should you choose Darjeeling?
If both of you love the chilly weather and monsoons, Darjeeling is the ideal place for you. A honeymoon trip to Darjeeling will provide the best of natural beauty, wonderful valleys, aromatic tea gardens, scrumptious food, and flamboyant flower plantations with affordable stay options.
Romantic Experiences in Darjeeling:
- Visit Tiger Hill and Ghoom Monastery
- Enjoy a toy train ride around Batasia Loop and War Memorial
- Go picnicking at Senchal Lake
- Visit Happy Valley Tea Garden
- Spend time at Observatory Hill
Weather in Darjeeling in December: This hill station gets cold but is bearable. The temperature in Darjeeling during winter ranges from 2°C to 11°C. Unfortunately, winter is not accompanied by snow.
How to Reach Darjeeling
- By air – The closest airport to Darjeeling is Bagdogra (67 km approx.). Direct flights are available from Kolkata, Delhi, and Guwahati.
- By rail – New Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station to Darjeeling (73 km approx.). It is connected to major cities like Kolkata, Delhi, Chennai, Guwahati, Mumbai, Bengaluru, Kochi, and Bhubaneswar.
- By road – Reach from main cities in India to Siliguri. Regular buses are available from Siliguri to Darjeeling. If you wish to drive to Darjeeling by road, know that road conditions are not the best.
Hampi – House of Bygone Era
Hampi is where you can plan a honeymoon with a completely different approach. Being the house of the bygone era, Hampi is among the unique honeymoon places to visit in December in India.
Besides, it is a UNESCO World Heritage Site located in the valleys of Karnataka. If ancient architecture and history fascinate you, Hampi’s old temples, mysterious rustic ruins, and stunning scenery beckon you. Explore ancient temples and historical monuments together, which are the relics of the Vijayanagar Empire. These aspects make Hampi one of the offbeat honeymoon places in India.
Why should you choose Hampi?
You can camp together at the riverside, go backpacking, hike together, and seek blessings at one of India’s Virupaksha temples. Do not forget to visit the massive monolithic sculpture of Narsimha in Hampi.
Romantic Experiences in Hampi:
- Stroll along the captivating Tungabhadra River Dam
- Enjoy one night’s stay in a hut at the Hippie Island
- Soak in the sunset views and scenic town on Matanga Hills
- Go cliff jumping at Sanapur Lake
Weather in Hampi in December: Winter season is the best time to plan a honeymoon trip to Hampi as the weather is quite pleasant. The highest temperature remains around 32 degrees Celsius and the lowest around 12 degrees Celsius. The days are pleasing and perfect for exploring while the nights are quite chilly.
How to Reach Hampi
- By air – Hubli Airport is the nearest airport to Hampi (172 km approx.). You can get regular flights from major cities to Hampi.
- By rail – The nearest railway station to Hampi is Hospet Junction (13 km approx.). It is well connected with other cities via a comprehensive network of trains. You can get frequent trains for Hospet from Bangalore, Hyderabad, and Goa.
- By road – Hampi is connected with the major cities of Karnataka by bus. Karnataka State Road Transport Corporation (KSRTC) operates a number of private and tourist buses regularly from neighboring cities as well.
What is your honeymoon destination choice? From the above, select one of the best places to visit in December in India and book December honeymoon packages with Indian Holiday. Indulge in little moments with each other. Just go with the flow. By considering these destinations, pick a completely new, completely different destination for an entirely new experience. So, which among these honeymoon destinations in India in December do you find the best for your honeymoon?