Last Updated on by Tusharika
December is the last month of the year and wouldn’t it be great to end the year with a memorable vacation with your loved ones? And if you are having trouble picking up the best international holiday destination, fret not. We have curated a list of one of the top places to visit in the world in December 2020 with family for you so that you have a grand ending to the year.
Here is the list of places to visit outside India with family in December:
Located on the west coast of southern Thailand, Krabi is home to spellbinding beaches, dense mangrove forests, coral reefs, and natural reserves. This coastal town boasts ancient cave temples, hot springs, white-sandy beaches, and a large series of caves. The rich marine life and stunning topography of coral reefs make it among the best diving sites around the world.
Why in December?
Being the coldest months of the year in Krabi, December brings a calm and relaxing atmosphere. Pleasant and comfortable weather is favorable for outdoor activities.
King’s birthday festival falls in December, which is a national holiday. There is a grand celebration in Krabi throughout the month. The whole town was decorated with the Thai flags, king’s pictures, and beautiful flowers. Christmas is also celebrated with great zeal and vigor. Beach parties and exclusive functions also organize near New Year.
- Places to visit: Railay Beaches and Caves, Krabi Shell Cemetery, Phi Phi Islands, Thung Teao Forest Natural Park, Wat Tham Sua, Ao Nang, Krabi Elephant Sanctuary
- Things to do: Snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving in Ao Nang, sunset cruise, speedboat ride, Krabi spa, elephant ride at Krabi Elephant Camp, zip-lining in Tree Top Adventure Park
- How to reach: Krabi International Airport is well–connected with all the major Asian countries including India. One can also take a flight to Bangkok or Phuket and avail of local transport to reach Krabi. However, Krabi is not well-connected by rail, so it is advisable to take road transport to reach Krabi. The nearest railway station is Trang, which is 127 km from Krabi.
Mauritius is an island nation, which is renowned for its powder-white beaches, historical sites, and lush forest. The 160 km of sparkling beaches fringe its coastline and it is almost completely covered with coral reefs. Boasting about French colonial architecture and jaw-dropping landscapes, Mauritius is home to rare bird species, dune with seven different colors, and the most luxurious resorts in the world. This island nation is a paradise for history buffs, nature lovers, and adventure enthusiasts.
Why in December?
December is the onset of summer in Mauritius. The daylight hours are really long and the weather is mostly dry during this time. The nights are cooler and days are warm, with the mild breeze blowing throughout the day, which makes it among the best places to visit in the world. The pleasant and comfortable weather of Mauritius in December 2020 makes it an ideal time to indulge in adventure activities.
Celebrating Christmas and New Year in Mauritius is an experience on its own. Spending time at the beautiful beaches, attending feasts and night parties, and to watch the fireworks make the celebration memorable.
- Places to visit: Port Louis, Caudan Waterfront, Grand Baie, Casela Nature Park, Rodrigues,
- Things to do: Deep-sea fishing, trekking, cave sea kayaking, zip-lining in Casela Nature Park, underwater sea walk in Port Louis, skydiving
- How to reach: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport is well connected with India. Direct flights and connecting flights are available from all the major airports in India. Mauritius is also accessible through waterways. Luxury cruise starts the voyage from the ports of Mumbai and Chennai to Mauritius.
Bali boasts about breezy beaches, forested volcanic mountains, and scenic rice paddies. Located in the Lesser Sunda Islands, Bali is dotted with quirky beach shacks and ancient religious sites. It is home to some of the world’s famous coral reefs, also renowned for rich culture and traditions.
Why in December?
Bali experiences delightful and pleasant weather in December, which makes the excursion comfortable. During Christmas and New Year, the streets of Bali are decorated beautifully.
Denpasar Festival is celebrated in Bali in December. 2020 It is the largest open space festival in Bali and is a perfect way to get glimpses of the rich cultural heritage of this island.
Submarine tours, marine water sport games, and white river rafting tours are in great demand during December.
- Places to visit: Mount Batur, Uluwatu Temple, Tanah Lot, Tegallalang Rice Terraces, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Ulun Danu Bratan, Nusa Dua Beach
- Things to do: White river rafting, surfing in Kuta, wildlife spotting, safari ride in Bali Safari Marine Park, marine water sports in Tanjung Benoa Beach, submarine tour
- How to reach: Ngurah Rai International Airport or Denpasar International Airport is located 13 km from Denpasar, the capital of Bali. This airport is served by various international airlines. It is well-connected with India by various airlines.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
One of the seven Emirates of the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is renowned for its modern skyscrapers, breathtaking landscapes, desert safari, and legendary nightlife. The breathtaking infrastructure of Dubai with the backdrop of the glorious Arabian Desert overwhelms everyone.
Why in December?
The tropical climate of Dubai makes it a paradise for those who love summers. It is a perfect escape from the chilly winters, which makes it among the top international tourist destinations to visit in December 2020 with family.
During Christmas and New Year, Dubai allows you to experience a perfect blend of a modern and traditional style of celebration.
Some of the popular events that take place during this time are Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai Shopping Festival, and UAE National Day Festival.
- Places to visit: Palm Island, Palm Jumeirah, Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Museum, Ferrari World, Burj Al Arab
- Things to do: Spa and sky diving in Palm Jumeirah, desert safari, skiing in Ski Dubai, hot air balloon, enjoy with dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium, hop on Dhow Cruise
- How to reach: Dubai International Airport is the primary airport serving Dubai and among the busiest airports in the world. Several airlines connect Dubai with India from direct and connecting flights.
Bordered by Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and the Gulf of Thailand, Cambodia is famed for its rich culture and history. Dotted with spectacular structures, historical monuments, and royal palaces, Cambodia is also famous for its tropical beaches and beautiful countryside.
Why in December?
Cambodia experiences pleasant and dry weather in December. It is amongst the most popular months to travel to Cambodia. It is an amazing Christmas and New Year getaway.
Sea Festival is yearly celebrated on any one of the four coastlines of Cambodia in December. During this event, tourists can indulge in several activities such as motorboat racing, swimming, half marathon, martial art, and beach volleyball.
- Places to visit: Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Kratie, Sihanoukville Beaches, Angkor Wat Temple, Koh Rang, Ratanakiri, Koh Rong Samloem
- Things to do: Spa and river cruise in Siem Reap, Mekong River sunset cruise, quad-biking, zip-lining, scuba diving in Koh Rang
- How to reach: Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airports are the major airports of Cambodia, which connects the country with the rest of the world. India is well-connected with Cambodia from several direct and connecting flights.
Are you excited to plan a trip with your family? Book your trip to any of the beautiful locations to travel outside India with family in December and have a memorable vacation. Embark on a trip of a lifetime with your loved ones and once you are back, share your experience with us. If you can add more places to this list, then also share it with us in the comments.