If you are having trouble picking up the best international holiday destination in December, fret not! We have curated a list of the 5 best places to visit outside India with family in December.
December is the last month of the year and it would be great to end the year with a memorable vacation. Check out these cool destinations outside India in December where you could travel with your loved ones for a grand ending to the year.
List of places to visit outside India in December with family
Set on the west coast of southern Thailand, Krabi is home to spellbinding beaches, dense mangrove forests, coral reefs, and natural reserves. Among the best places to travel in December on a budget from India with family & kids, this coastal town boasts ancient cave temples, hot springs, white-sandy beaches, and a large series of caves. The rich marine life and stunning topography of coral reefs make it among the best diving sites around the world.
Why visit Krabi in December?
Being the coldest month of the year in Krabi, December brings a calm and relaxing atmosphere. Pleasant and comfortable weather is favorable for outdoor activities.
King’s birthday festival falls in December, which is a national holiday. There is a grand celebration in Krabi throughout the month. People decorate the town with Thai flags, king’s pictures, and beautiful flowers. Christmas is also celebrated with great zeal and vigor. Other celebrations near New Year include beach parties and exclusive functions.
- Places to visit in Krabi: Railay Beaches and Caves, Krabi Shell Cemetery, Phi Phi Islands, Thung Teao Forest Natural Park, Wat Tham Sua, Ao Nang, Krabi Elephant Sanctuary
- Things to do in Krabi: Snorkeling, kayaking, swimming, scuba diving in Ao Nang, sunset cruise, speedboat ride, Krabi spa, elephant ride at Krabi Elephant Camp, zip-lining in Tree Top Adventure Park
- How to reach Krabi: Krabi International Airport is well–connected with all the major Asian countries including India. One can also take a flight to Bangkok or Phuket and avail of local transport to reach Krabi. However, Krabi is not well-connected by rail, so it is advisable to take road transport to reach Krabi. The nearest railway station is Trang, which is 127 km from Krabi.
- Most Adventurous Things to do in Thailand
- Explore The Best Beaches in Thailand
- Best Places to Visit in Thailand for Holidaying
- Best Places for Honeymoon in Thailand
Mauritius is an island nation, renowned for its powder-white beaches, historical sites, and lush forest. The 160 km of sparkling beaches fringe its coastline and it is almost completely covered with coral reefs.
Boasting French colonial architecture and jaw-dropping landscapes, Mauritius is home to rare bird species, a dune with seven different colors, and the most luxurious resorts in the world. This island nation is a paradise for history buffs, nature lovers, and adventure enthusiasts, and is no doubt one of the top family places to visit in winter outside India.
Why visit Mauritius in December?
December is the onset of summer in Mauritius. The daylight hours are really long and the weather is mostly dry during this time. The nights are cooler and the days are warm, with a mild breeze blowing throughout the day, which makes it among the best international places to visit with family. The pleasant and comfortable weather of Mauritius in December makes it an ideal time to indulge in adventure activities.
Celebrating Christmas and New Year in Mauritius is an experience on its own. Spending time at the beautiful beaches, attending feasts and night parties, and watching the fireworks make the celebration memorable.
- Places to visit in Mauritius: Port Louis, Caudan Waterfront, Grand Baie, Casela Nature Park, Rodrigues,
- Things to do in Mauritius: Deep-sea fishing, trekking, cave sea kayaking, zip-lining in Casela Nature Park, underwater sea walk in Port Louis, skydiving
- How to reach Mauritius: Sir Seewoosagur Ramgoolam International Airport is well connected with India. Direct flights and connecting flights are available from all the major airports in India. Mauritius is also accessible through waterways. A luxury cruise starts the voyage from the ports of Mumbai and Chennai to Mauritius.
- 10 Interesting Facts about the Maldives You Must Know
- Top 17 Things to do in Mauritius
- 10 Best Resorts in the Maldives for Couples for Unadulterated Relaxation
- 7 Best Resorts in the Maldives for Honeymoon to Ignite the Romantic Spark
- 10 Best Adventure Activities in Maldives That Challenge the Daredevil in you
- Top 7 Places to Visit in Mauritius for Honeymoon
- 18 Best Places to visit in Mauritius That Promise A Refreshing Vacay
- Mauritius vs Maldives: Where Should You Plan Your Next Holiday?
- Charming Islands in Maldives for Honeymoon to Form a Stronger Love Bond
Bali has pristine beaches, forested volcanic mountains, and scenic rice paddies. Set in the Lesser Sunda Islands, Bali is one of the budget-friendly best places to visit in December with family. This beautiful place has quirky beach shacks and ancient religious sites. In addition, Bali is home to some of the world’s famous coral reefs, also renowned for their rich culture and traditions.
Why visit Bali in December?
Bali experiences pleasant weather in December, which makes the excursion comfortable. During Christmas and New Year, the streets of Bali are decorated beautifully. Denpasar Festival is celebrated in Bali in December. It is the largest open space festival in Bali and is a perfect way to get glimpses of the rich cultural heritage of this island.
Submarine tours, marine water sports games, and white river rafting tours are in great demand during December.
- Places to visit in Bali: Mount Batur, Uluwatu Temple, Tanah Lot, Tegallalang Rice Terraces, Sacred Monkey Forest Sanctuary, Ulun Danu Bratan, Nusa Dua Beach
- Things to do in Bali: White river rafting, surfing in Kuta, wildlife spotting, safari ride in Bali Safari Marine Park, marine water sports in Tanjung Benoa Beach, submarine tour
- How to reach Bali: Ngurah Rai International Airport or Denpasar International Airport is located 13 km from Denpasar, the capital of Bali. This airport is served by various international airlines. It is well-connected with India by various airlines.
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
One of the seven Emirates of the United Arab Emirates, Dubai is one of the most visited places in December with family out of India. The city is renowned for its modern skyscrapers, breathtaking landscapes, desert safari, and legendary nightlife. Moreover, the breathtaking infrastructure of Dubai with the backdrop of the glorious Arabian Desert overwhelms everyone.
Why visit Dubai in December?
The tropical climate of Dubai makes it a paradise for those who love summers. It is a perfect escape from the chilly winters, which makes it among the top international destinations to visit in December with family.
During Christmas and New Year, Dubai allows you to experience a perfect blend of a modern and traditional style of celebration. Some of the popular events that take place during this time are Dubai International Film Festival, Dubai Shopping Festival, and UAE National Day Festival.
- Places to visit in Dubai: Palm Island, Palm Jumeirah, Sheikh Saeed Al Maktoum House, Burj Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Dubai Museum, Ferrari World, Burj Al Arab
- Things to do in Dubai: Spa and sky diving in Palm Jumeirah, desert safari, skiing in Ski Dubai, hot air balloon, enjoy with dolphins at Dubai Dolphinarium, hop on Dhow Cruise
- How to reach Dubai: Dubai International Airport is the primary airport serving Dubai and is among the busiest airports in the world. Several airlines connect Dubai with India from direct and connecting flights.
Further Reading: Places to visit outside India in December
- Awesome Things to do in Dubai
- Why Dubai is a Perfect Destination for Family Holidays
- Must Do’s to Make Dubai Tour a Memorable Experience
Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, and the Gulf of Thailand bound Cambodia, famed for its rich culture and history. Also, spectacular structures, historical monuments, and royal palaces add to Cambodia’s charm, making it one of the best places to visit outside India with family in December 2023 on a budget.
Why visit Cambodia in December?
Cambodia experiences pleasant and dry weather in December. It is amongst the most popular months to travel to Cambodia. It is an amazing Christmas and New Year getaway.
Sea Festival is a yearly festival that people celebrate on any one of the four coastlines of Cambodia in December. During this event, tourists can indulge in several activities such as motorboat racing, swimming, half marathons, martial arts, and beach volleyball.
- Places to visit in Cambodia: Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Kratie, Sihanoukville Beaches, Angkor Wat Temple, Koh Rang, Ratanakiri, Koh Rong Samloem
- Things to do in Cambodia: Spa and river cruise in Siem Reap, Mekong River sunset cruise, quad-biking, zip-lining, scuba diving in Koh Rang
- How to reach Cambodia: Phnom Penh International Airport and Siem Reap International Airports are the major airports of Cambodia, which connect the country with the rest of the world. India is well-connected with Cambodia through several direct and connecting flights.
Are you excited to plan a trip with your family? Book a trip to any of the beautiful locations to travel outside India with family in December and have a memorable vacation. Embark on a trip of a lifetime with your loved ones and once you are back, share your experience with us. If you can add more places to this list, then also share them with us in the comments.