Best Places to Visit in January in India 2019 To Feel the Bliss of Winters
Ditch your blankets this winter and head towards some of the best places to visit in January in India. Turn your casual trip into a memorable affair by partaking in exciting things to do, famous festivals and so much more. Pursue your passion of trekking, skiing, wildlife safaris, camping or making a snowman at the amazing destinations mentioned below. Browse through the list given below to make the most of your splendid holidays in India.
Start your day with foggy mornings while sipping on a cup of tea. Winters in Delhi are cherished by everybody. The Republic Day parade during this month raises the fun quotient. Unique charm exuded by Delhi makes it rank on top on the bucket list of people planning a trip to India.
- Experiences – Delectable street food, lively nightlife, shopping, golfing, temple hopping.
- Where to Stay – Delhi has all types of hotels to fit in every budget. From luxury hotels like the LALiT to budget hotels like Africa Avenue, the capital city have them all.
- How to Reach – Indira Gandhi International Airport is the best means to reach Delhi by air. However, New Delhi Railway Station is connected to all the major cities via train.
An indispensable part of the Golden Triangle circuit in India, Jaipur lures scores of tourist with its world-class hospitality. The beauty of majestic forts and splendor of the palaces present a unique spectacle. The ‘Pink City’ has something or the other for every type of tourists and urges to plan a trip to Rajasthan often.
- Experiences – Jaipur Literature Festival, Walking tour of Jaipur City, Hike to the Amer Fort & Jaigarh Fort- Hill forts of Rajasthan listed as UNESCO World Heritage sites, shopping in the markets, a visit to Chokhi Dhani, taste of village delights.
- Where to Stay – Lords Plaza, Trident, Nahargarh Haveli, Umaid Mahal are some of the best places to stay in Jaipur.
- How to Reach – Jaipur has its own international airport and is connected to major cities via Jaipur Junction Railway Station.
Plan your trip to Udaipur in winter to explore one of the most romantic cities in India. Treat your eyes to the picturesque views of the lakes and marvel at the spectacular sunset views. Salubrious weather during the winter months is really enjoyable. This is the reason, you will surely plan holidays again at this amazing place to visit in January in Rajasthan.
- Experiences – Heritage Walks, boating in Lake Pichola, excursion to Vintage Car Museum, ride the ropeway, shopping at Hathi Pol Bazaar.
- Where to Stay – Popular places to stay in Udaipur are the Taj Lake Palace, Karni Fort, RAAS Devigarh, etc.
- How to Reach – Nearest Airport to Udaipur is Maharana Pratap Airport and if you wish to travel by train, then you can reach via Udaipur City Railway Station.
Goa gets a new life when party people visit the lively state to cherish the festive vibe. The enthusiasm to start a New Year is worth witnessing. Churches are decorated, beaches host different festivals and different adventure sports keep on luring tourists from all around the world. Undoubtedly, January is the best time to explore popular place to visit in Goa.
- Experiences – Hot air balloon ride, jet skiing, quad biking, water sports, scuba diving, silent noise parties, full night raves.
- Where to Stay – Goa has amazing options to stay like Hyatt Place, Larisa Beach Resort, The Sea Horse Resort and many more.
- How to Reach – Dabolim airport is the only airport in Goa and while there are many railway stations like Madgaon and Thivim to reach by train.
Kerala is an ideal destination for winter holidays in India. Titled as ‘God’s Own Country’, the state is a paradise for nature lovers. Bask in the sunshine at the well-known beaches, cherish traditional culture at Thrissur and admire the beauty of Munnar. Reckoned as one of the famous honeymoon destinations in India, the state offers a perfect romantic escape. There are a plethora of options to make your Kerala trip worth every penny.
- Experiences – Gaze at the backwaters of Kerala, spice plantations tours, Hi-tea in Munnar, enjoy an Ayurvedic treatment.
- Where to Stay – From kettuvallams to luxury hotels, there are various options for a memorable stay in Kerala.
- How to Reach – There are three international airports in Kerala at Cochin, Trivandrum and Calicut.
Here’s our pick of the best romantic experiences in Kerala
If you are looking for skiing holidays in India, then Auli is the place to be. With gliding gentle slopes, the hill station is the best to pacify your adrenaline rush. Skiing in Auli is the best things to do in January. Feel the chilling effect and confront the cool breeze as you glide down the snow-covered peaks. Meanwhile, the scenic landscapes are sure to take your breath away.
- Experiences – Snowball fights, learn skiing, attend international skiing event, wildlife safari at the Nanda Devi National Park and gaze at the apple orchards.
- Where to Stay – There are a number of resorts and hotels to stay in Auli which offer matchless experience.
- How to Reach – Jolly Grant Airport is the nearest airport to reach Auli whereas Haridwar, Rishikesh and Dehradun Railway Station can be sought after for traveling by train.
Plan your winter holidays in Darjeeling. Make them special by riding on the toy train, a UNESCO World Heritage Site, passing through the scenic tea gardens. Darjeeling is surely one of the best places to visit in January. Whether you are traveling solo or with family, in a group or with your soul mate, the quaint hill town welcomes everybody.
- Experiences – Sunrise view from Tiger Hill, day trip to Kalimpong, Toy train, trekking, savor delicious momos and thupka, get tattooed.
- Where to Stay – Darjeeling offers unique places to stay including the tea gardens and Mayfair Hill Resort.
- How to Reach – Bagdogra is the best way to reach Darjeeling by air and New Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station.
Here are List the top 20 Things to do in Darjeeling when you visit this picturesque hill town.
Tamil Nadu is one of the popular Indian states which receive winter rainfall. During this time the ‘Land of Tamils’ simply becomes quite irresistible. The state is dotted with splendid architecture, beautiful landscapes, scenic beaches, enthralling National Parks and so much more. Counted as one of the best places to visit in January in India, the state features natural bounties to be explored at your own pace.
- Experiences – Enjoy at the longest beach in India- Marina Beach, wildlife safaris, temple hopping, miniature train ride, attend unique festivals.
- Where to Stay – The Raintree Hotel, Vivanta by Taj, Grand Orient and Hotel Abu Palace are the ideal place to stay in Tamil Nadu.
- How to Reach – There are airports in almost all the major cities in Tamil Nadu. Chennai, the capital city provides easy connectivity for travelers to arrive to Tamil Nadu. Also, the state is very well connected with all the other cities via rail.
Hold your breath, as you are going to travel to one of the must-visit cities in Rajasthan during winter. Jaisalmer with its golden sand dunes cast a spell on the visitors. Showcasing a distinctive amalgamation of the architecture, nature, hospitality and adventure, the city is exclusively known for a number of reasons. Travel to Jaisalmer is not just a journey, it is a unique experience in itself.
- Experiences – Sample cuisines at the Jaisalmer Fort, paramotoring, desert camping, Dune bashing, visit Indo-Pak border.
- Where to Stay – The options for staying in Jaisalmer are as intriguing as the city itself. Fort Rajwada Hotel, Damodra Desert Camp, Killa Bhawan stand out amongst the rest.
- How to Reach – Jaisalmer Airport and Jaisalmer Railway Station are best option to reach here by air and train.
Shimla is thronged by snow and adventure lovers. The beautiful hill station is an ideal place to plan romantic holidays and family vacations in India in winters. Trekking, trout fishing, rafting, golfing etc. are many of the interesting things to do here. Once the Summer Capital of the British, Shimla is titled as the ‘Queen of Hills’.
- Experiences – Toy train ride from Kalka to Shimla, stroll at the ridge, christ church, pay homage to Jakhoo Temple, ropeway ride, Ice Skating.
- Where to Stay – Shimla is a budget-friendly destination and so are its hotels. Radisson Hotel, Galleu Hill Resort Shimla, Hotel Clarke’s etc. offer a pleasant stay. While you could also explore the heritage options that take you back to the colonial days.
- How to Reach – Jubbarhati Airport is 20km away from the city and Kalka Railway Station is the nearest railway station to Shimla.
Get ready to leave the comforts of your hotel and feel the thrill with enthralling wildlife. Ranthambore hosts wilderness in its pristine form. Home to Royal Bengal Tigers, the Ranthambore National Park is the place to be for a matchless experience. Once the hunting grounds of the Maharajas of Jaipur, the park is a haven for wildlife lovers. A number of historic ruins within the park make it an intriguing heritage site.
- Experiences – Tiger Spotting, Jungle Safari, trek to Ranthambore Fort, Bird Watching, hot air balloon ride and excursion to the village.
- Where to Stay – The Oberoi Vanyavilas, Aman-I-Khas Resort, Tiger Den Resort are amazing places to stay in Ranthambore.
- How to Reach – Jaipur airport and Sawai Madhopur Railway Station lie in close proximity to the Ranthambore.
Learn Yoga along the banks of River Ganga and revel in the spiritual vibe of Rishikesh this winter. Housing a myriad of ashrams and temple, the city urges many to plan a trip to India. Titled as the ‘Yoga Capital’, the serene town offers much more than you can expect.
- Experiences – River Rafting, camping, attending Ganga Aarti, bungee jumping, flying fox, kayaking, visit to ashrams learn yoga from the masters, etc.
- Where to Stay – Atali Ganga, Ananda in Himalayas, Ellbee Ganga View offer memorable accommodation.
- How to Reach – Rishikesh is easily accessible via the Jolly Grant Airport and Rishikesh Railway Station.
Embark on a sacred pilgrimage to Varanasi this January. Nestled along the bank of River Ganga, the holy city houses one of twelve Jyotirlingas. Its religious importance is par excellence as the city is also one of the Shakti Peeths. Interestingly, Varanasi is the only city which celebrates birth and death alike.
- Experiences – Ganga Aarti, boat ride, visiting temples, shopping, witnessing cremations.
- Where to Stay – The Gateways Hotel, Radisson Hotel, Palace on Ganges are popular places to stay which can make your trip unforgettable.
- How to Reach – Varanasi airport and Varanasi Railway Station are the best options to reach the sacred city.
Mumbai is just not a bustling city, it is so much more than that. Home to many UNESCO World Heritage sites, the city is an awesome winter holiday destination in India. The city is the place where some of Asia’s biggest slums share space with the Bollywood industry. With a myriad of attractions, Mumbai is for all!
- Experiences – Nightlife, traveling on the local train, strolling at Mumbai beaches, fly over Mumbai, ferry ride.
- Where to Stay – Mumbai is home to various hotels. Some of the well-known are ITC Grand Central, JW Marriot Hotel, Taj Mahal Palace, etc.
- How to Reach – Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj International Airport is the best option to reach Mumbai by air. If you wish to travel by train then you can deboard at the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus railway station.
So, where are you planning your winter holidays in India