Sunburn Festival in Goa is arguably the biggest and the most popular music festival in India, attended by a crazy number of music lovers and popular artists from all around the globe. In its 13th edition this year, this music festival of Goa becomes the talk of the town when one can simply let loose oneself, leaving all the worries behind.
It’s time for Go, Goa, and Gala. Get ready to groove on the beats of live DJs at Asia’s biggest music festival – Sunburn Goa. The popular music festival Sunburn 2020 is back in Goa again. This winter, make your trip unforgettable with more music, dance, and lots of fun.
This 9th edition of Sunburn Goa 2020 in the country was officially announced on 2nd November. The three-day festival will be held in Vagator from 27th to 29th December 2020. This ultimate electronic dance music festival is named Sunburn Surprise.
It is time to live, love, and dance again. Here is the golden opportunity to be a part of this amazing event. Keep scrolling down and read along to know more about the festival with all COVID safety protocols.
Goa Sunburn Festival 2020: Venue, Celebration, and Ticketing
|When||27th, 28th, and 29th December 2020|
|VIP Ticket||INR 15,000 approx.|
|VIP Tickets Available in Pods||4, 6, and 8. Similarly|
|VVIP Ticket Available in Pods||8, 10, 12, and 15|
|Nearest Airport||Dabolim airport (46 km approx.)|
|Nearest Railway Station||Thivim railway station (20 km approx.)|
Book Your Best:
- To dodge last-minute hassles, book tickets in advance. The box office won’t be available on the day of the event. Get your tickets delivered to your doorstep.
- Select from passes like daily passes, passes for all days, VIP passes, early entry passes, and after-party tickets.
Online coupon booking for food and beverages are also available.
- VIP pass holders can enjoy food and drinks at a separate platform.
- An early entry pass is more affordable than additional passes. It allows you to enter the arena by 2 – 3 pm. (Re-entry prohibited).
- The official sale for gala tickets will go live on 4th November at noon.
- VIP tickets are priced at INR 15,000.
- VIP tickets will be available in pods 4, 6, and 8. Similarly, VVIP tickets will be available in pods 8, 10, 12, and 15.
- You can also avail of EMI facilities on tickets from the Book My Show website.
Chance to Win Free Passes to Sunburn Goa 2020:
Enroll in Sunburn’s open-ended promotional event and get a chance to win a complimentary entry to the event. All you have to do is tweet about the Sunburn 2020 festival and be a lucky winner! Follow the ‘Sunburn Festival’ and get updates on the social media accounts of the fiesta.
- Carry a high-SPF sunscreen to avoid tan.
- Do not forget to carry power banks and extra batteries to keep your mobile phone charged.
- To delight more with extra drinks, keep a check on Happy Hours.
- Avoid using cash, where possible.
- Refrain from taking any food items, alcohol, cigarettes, or prohibited items. You will go through strict scanning at the entry gates.
- Avoid wearing precious jewelry.
Sunburn Goa’s COVID-19 Rules:
- Wearing a face mask throughout the event is mandatory.
- Visitors are required to stand on the ground markings to maintain physical distance.
- In the VIP Area, visitors will have their special sections. Once entered, you cannot exit the area for the rest of the day.
- Each row will have multiple sections with a capacity of 50 people.
- Maintain social distancing at all times.
- Having the Aarogya Setu app on your smartphone is mandatory.
- A temperature check, sanitization, and security check during entry are compulsory.
- A negative COVID test certificate may be required, as specified by the government.
There is no dearth of accommodation in Goa. It all depends on your budget. This year the event organizers at Sunburn 2020 have collaborated with Stayzilla for your convenience. If you still wish to stay according to your comfort, opt for some luxurious retreat options like Ozran Heights Beach Resort, Casa Vagator, and Doubletree by Hilton.
Here are some packing tips for Sunburn Goa so that you can have a memorable vacation in Goa in December:
1. Essential Packing Tips for Sunburn Goa: Sunglasses with Mirrored Finish
It had to be featured high on our list of packing tips for Sunburn Goa. The sand on the beaches reflects more sunlight which hurts the eyes a lot. For protecting your eyes from harsh sun rays, it is best that you carry at least 2 pairs of sunglasses. If they have a mirrored finish, it would be best. Moreover, they also cover your hungover or sleepy or eyes.
2. For Minor Concerns and Immediate Impact: First Aid Kit
As the beach venue is flocked with thousands of people during sunburn, there is going to be a lot of pushing around. It would be a great idea to carry a first aid kit with some basic things like a few Band-Aids, medicines for colds, headaches, loose motions, and yes anti-hangover pills.
3. Tent for Camping: Yes it is Allowed
Camping opportunities at the venue for backpackers and other attendees have been introduced by Sunburn. It is for those who were not able to book accommodation or for those who just love camping. Take note that if you are planning camping, do pack all the necessary packing items.
4. Sunscreen: Want to get #Sunburnt 🙂
The tropical sun is quite harsh and can leave you ‘sunburn’ or with suntans. Do not forget to pack a good spray-on sunscreen as it does not leads to sweat on the face or the body. Sunscreen lotions lead to sweating in a hot atmosphere.
5. Mosquito Repellent: For that comfy Sleep
Mosquitos can be a big turnoff. It is advisable that when you are out after the sun sets, it is best to carry mosquito repellent.
6. A Bottle of Water: Recharge Yourself
Though drinking water is going to be available at the Sunburn venue it is better that you carry your own bottle of water as you may not want to stand in long queues to just get a water bottle to quench your thirst. Additionally, it is quite economical too as you will save a considerable amount of money by not buying water anywhere you go.
7. Ear Plugs: Cut Out the Noise
If you are camping or staying in a hotel near the beach venue of Sunburn, it is best to carry earplugs if you wish to have a good night’s sleep. No one is going to stop playing the music during night hours.
8. Comfy Footgear: For you’ll walk the Line
Where there is music, there is going to be dancing. And, if you love dancing, do not forget to pack a pair or two of comfortable footwear such as crocks. Ideally, pack those that are waterproof and cover your toes so that if someone is dancing in excitement, he/she doesn’t land on your toes.
9. A Small Book: Make safe
Although people travel to Goa with their friends it is always better to be extra careful. You can carry a small book that has your details, emergency contact numbers, your hotel details, and your blood group. You can also use the diary to jot down travel notes etc. It is going to be alike a small memory of your trip.
10. Fanny Pack: Keep it Handy
Chuck that totes and the slingback and instead go for a funky fanny pack that is just going to rest on your waist and would be accessible easily. Keep your hands free for holding your drink or simply dancing.
11. Hand Sanitizer and Wet Wipes
Though carrying a hand sanitizer and wet wipes are not really important but carrying them for an emergency is not going to hurt. During the day, the sun and sweat might hurt and at that time your wet wipes would come in handy. And, you can simply clean your hands with the sanitizer before you eat anything.
12. Selfie Stick: For the Love of Photos
Most of the people who like traveling, also like clicking photographs and selfies. Your hand might not be an option for an amazing selfie moment. This is that time when you take out your selfie stick for clicking on those memorable moments.
13. Do pack your Money Belt: It will come Handy
Carrying credit cards, ID cards, and extra cash all in one place safe in a money belt is a good idea. Purchase a comfortable money belt that is not irritating to your skin. This proves even more helpful at the time of camping.
14. A Power Rank: You’ve Got the Power
It wouldn’t come as a surprise that we have mentioned this item in our list of packing tips for Sunburn Goa. It’s true not just for Goa, a power bank is increasingly becoming one of the essential things that travelers carry these days. A cell phone has become one of the most important things in our life. If you are attending Sunburn, you are going to take photographs and make several videos, because of which your phone’s battery may die down. You might not want to go back to your hotel and waste your time charging your camera or your phone. So, pack your power bank now.
15. Carry a Foundation
To tone down your tired self with dark circles and spots that might come up due to harsh sun, carry foundation and concealer so that you are ready for partying from morning tonight. Applying BB or CC creams is also a good idea.
16. Dry Shampoo
Though some people like messy hair look but is surely not sticky and sweaty hair. For such situations, dry shampoo works great.
17. Face Mist
On one hand, the tropical sun leads to a lot of sweating. Moreover, when you gyrate on high-energy beats, you tend to sweat even more. Pack a small face mist to get a quick cooling effect and a fresh feel on your face.
18. Mint Spray/Fresh Mints
A sunburn is surely a happening place that attracts interesting people from all around the globe. Who knows you might meet a cute guy or a cute girl. Just munch in a fresh mint before striking up a conversation with him or her as bad breath can be a complete turn-off.
19. A Light Woolen
Days near the beach are quite hot but during evenings and nights, the sea breeze becomes cold. We suggest that you pack a light woolen or a jacket that can not only save you from the cold but can also double as a mat for sitting on the sand.
20. Matte Lip Colors
Every day lipsticks vanish after just a few sips of drinks during parties. You can apply as well as carry matte lip colors in different colors as they have a good stay.
[Explore most famous music event: Sunburn Goa]
[Browse through our customized Goa tour packages]