January ushers in the new year. It’s sais that a good beginning leads to awesome end. That’s why we bring to you this list of 10 best places to visit in India with family in January in 2022.
Read on to plan your family vacation this January!
10 Places to visit in January in India with Family
- Corbett National Park
- Andaman Islands
The land of maharajas needs no introduction. Rajasthan is bespeckled with resplendent forts and palaces. The Rajput warrior princes were great connoisseurs of art and culture. Today it is visible in the legacy that they have left behind.
But Rajasthan is not only about forts, palaces and havelis. places There is so much diversity to the land and so much color to the people that you’ll be mesmerized when you visit the erstwhile Rajputana.
Here, there are lakes, both manmade and natural. There is the vast Thar desert. There are wildlife sanctuaries and tiger reserves. And then there are festivities and folklores.
Ranthambore and Sariska best places to spot tigers and other mammals. Both are part of the Project Tiger and hence designated tiger reserves in India.
For bird watchers, Keoladeo Ghana National Park in Bharatpur is the ultimate destination. This bird sanctuary is both a Ramsar Site and a UNESCO inscribed World Heritage Site.
If you are looking for offbeat experience in Rajasthan, explore the Sekhawati region.
Best Experiences of Rajasthan in winter
- Enjoy beauty of the Sam Sand Dunes, Jaisalmer with desert safari, camping, camel rides, Kalbelia performances and more.
- Magnetic field festival, Jaipur is well-known for treasure, hunting, rooftop, dancing, yoga classes, and much more.
- Guided city tours with visit to forts & palaces, temples, markets, with attending Light and Sound Show.
- Spend your vacation in the lap of Lakes in Udaipur.
- Visit Bishnoi village, one of unique tribal regions of India at Jodhpur.
- Visit to peaceful Guda Bishnoi Lake and exotic wildlife nature.
- Attend the iconic Jaipur Literature festival
Places to visit in Rajasthan
- Jaisalmer- Golden Fort, Old Museums, Patwon-Ki-Haveli, etc.
- Jaipur- Hawa Mahal, Amer Fort, Jantar Mantar, Royal City Palace.
- Udaipur- Lake Pichola, Jain Temples of Ranakpur, Fateh Bagh Palace, Bagore-Ki-Haveli.
- Jodhpur- Grand Mehrangarh Fort, Umaid Bhawan Palace, etc.
How to Reach Rajasthan
- By Air: – International- Jaipur Airport, while Domestic / Defense – Jaisalmer, Kota, Nal, Kota, and Maharana Pratap.
- By Road: – NH8 connecting Delhi via Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaipur and also other famous Rajasthan destinations.
- By Rail: – Top Luxury train in India interconnecting Rajasthan- Palace of Wheels, Maharajas’ Express, and Royal Rajasthan on Wheels, along with other options.
If you are a nature lover and want to enjoy a relaxed vacation in India, Kerala is the ideal destination in winter holidays. The state experiences moderate climate throughout the year, thus, is a sought-after travel destination at any point of the year. In fact, it among the most popular places to visit in India in January. Beautiful palm fenced backwaters are a treat to watch. Cruising in backwaters and an overnight stay in a houseboat is a lifetime experience. Do not miss to enjoy ancient Ayurveda massage and therapy, and exclusive spa sessions to enjoy a relaxed and rejuvenated vacation in Kerala. Also, it is the land of the best winter honeymoon destinations in India.
Best Experiences of Kerala in winter
- Enjoy awe-inspiring lush green and palm-fringed landscape while aboard the backwater cruise on a Houseboat.
- Experience traditional village life of Kumbalanghi Village.
- Visit impressive paddy fields and backwaters on outskirts of Kochi.
- Gain unique experience of India’s first model fisheries.
- Pamper yourself with exhilarating Ayurveda medical treatment in Kerala.
- Attend splendid Kathakli performance, unique culture of Kerala.
- Walk through lush tea gardens and learn about tea production in Munnar.
Places to visit in Kerala
- Thiruvananthapuram– Golden Shri Padmanabhaswamy Temple, Natural History Museum, Attukal Temple,and Vellayani Lake.
- Alleppey- Alappuzha beach, Krishnapuram Palace, Marai Beach and Snake Boat Race in Alleppey.
- Munnar– Eravikulam National Park, Mattupetty Dam, Tea Museum, Attukal Waterfalls, Cheeyappara Waterfalls.
- Kumarakom– Kumarakom Beach, Kumarakom Bird Sanctuary, Vembanad Lake, Aruvikkuzhi Waterfalls.
- Cochin- Vypeen Island Zone, Fort Kochi, Marine Drive, Santa Cruz Basilica, Chinese Fishing Nets, Mattancherry Palace.
- Varkala- Papanasam beach, Ayurvedic beach centers, Anchengo Fort & Lighthouse, etc.
How to Reach Kerala
- By Air: – International Airport- Cochin, Trivandrum and Calicut.
- By Road: – Well-connected roads from Bangalore, Hyderabad and all throughout the state.
- By Rail: – Frequent trains from India, even with links of the luxury trains in India.
If you want to indulge in the pure mood of festivity, Goa is the destination for you. During winters, you can experience liveliness all around. During daytime, the beaches are the hotspot destinations to enjoy the winter sun, on the other hand, the nights are colorful with happening parties all around. As the entire state is in festive mood due to Christmas and New Year, you might face difficulty in finding hotels in Goa for accommodations. Thus, make sure you make an advance booking to avoid last minute disheartenment.
Best Experiences of Goa in winter
- Enjoy the striking beauty of North & South beaches.
- Exhilarate in the adventurous jet skiing, parasailing, scuba diving and failing from banana boast.
- Part all night at the beaches and the busting discotheques, pubs and bars
- Get ready for the once-in-a-lifetime experience to play with elephants and walk though fragment spice plantation.
- Discover the hidden-gem Bhagwan Mahavir Wildlife Sanctuary to experience nightlife.
- Watch dazzling delightful dolphins around your boat in a graceful motion.
Places to visit in Goa
Dona Paula for a Birds-eye Scenery, Calangute streets for shopping ride, Fort Aguada in Panjim City, Old Goa Churches.
How to Reach Goa
- By Air: – Goa International Airport in Dabolim Goa (29 Km from Panaji).
- By Road: – Well-connected road lead to Goa from Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad and many more.
- By Sea: – Mumbai to Goa aboard the luxury cruise Angriya.
Delhi, apart from being popular for its rich cultural heritage and vividness, is also popular for its winter. Early morning, when the entire city is converted by fog, do not miss to enjoy sumptuous and hot street food. The chilly air enhances the taste of the street food. Carry enough of warm clothes to protect yourself from the chilly cold. Delhi is a great place to enjoy a musical charm and winter is best time to visit in Delhi.
Best Experiences of Delhi in winter
- Gazing at the well-known Qutab Minar-one of the tallest brick minarets in the world, Humayun’s tomb, Red Fort, UNESCO listed heritage sites and more
- Shop till you drop at the compelling destination for shoppers.
- Adventurous Rock climbing session in New Delhi.
- Majestic boating at Old Fort.
- Experience delightful food at Paranthe Wali Gali.
- Cycling tours, rickshaw rides, attending events and more.
Places to visit in Delhi
Red Fort, Jama Masjid, Qutab Minar, Chandni Chowk, Lotus Temple, India Gate, Humayun’s Tomb, Raj Ghaat, Lodhi Gardens.
How to Reach
- By Air: – Indira Gandhi International Airport and Terminal 1D for domestic flights.
- By Road: – The capital city of India has road connectivity from Agra, Jaipur, and most parts of the country.
- By Rail: – Frequent trains from all over India, along with luxury trains of India, superfast services and more.
Corbett National Park
Corbett National Park is an amazing travel destination in Uttarakhand to enjoy wildlife in the month of January, when winter makes surrounding appear lazy, the Corbett national park is the best place where one can enjoy thrill and excitement. The park is praised for providing shelter to a sizeable amount population of endangered and preserved specifies of flora and fauna. The national park is also famed for providing shelter to the royal predators ‘Tiger’.
Best Experiences of Corbett in winter
- Unforgettable Jeep Safari to explore wildlife, especially the lurking Royal Bengal Tigers.
- Unrivalled Elephant Safari to enjoy peaceful nature.
- Enjoy Corbett Waterfall with melodious chirping of birds, natural music.
- Experience perfect blend historical monument at Garjiya Devi Temple.
How to Reach Jim Corbett National Park
- By Air: – Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun and Pant Nagar Airport.
- By Rail: – Nearest railway station is Ramnagar (12 km).
- By Road: – Roads lead from Delhi, major parts of Uttarakhand
The tranquility of Andaman Island is a complete contrast to the thrilling atmosphere of Goa. If you are looking for a place away from lazy winters, Andaman Island is best destination for you. The place is relatively warm and thus, travelers can enjoy a peaceful vacation in seclusion. The January month of winter is also a good time to enjoy the marine life. Along with enjoying a relaxing vacation; do not miss some exciting activities in Havelock Island such as snorkeling with an elephant.
Best Experiences of Andaman Island in winters
- Impressive scuba diving to pay a visit to the marine world.
- Experience banana boat ride and sightseeing to unique islands.
- Intimate parasailing at Havelock Island.
Places to Visit in Andaman Island
Cellular Jail National Memorial, Radhanagar Beach, Turquoise water of Andaman Island, Mount Harriet and Madhuban, Museum Circuit, Water Sports Complex.
How to Reach Andaman Islands
- By Air: – Veer Savarkar International Airport.
- By Sea: – Sea Port at Andaman: Haddo Wharf, Port Blair. Ships available from: Chennai, Kolkata, Visakhapatnam.
Auli (Uttarakhand) is the destination for travelers wanting to enjoy a skiing holiday. During the winter month of January, Auli is one of the sought-after holiday destinations in India. The beautiful valley is praised for housing some of the gorgeous skiing slopes. Thus, in a very brisk pace of time, Auli has acquired a prominent popularity as a skiing destination in India along with Shimla and Manali.
Best Experiences of Auli in winter
- Awe-inspiring Skiing for a charming destination.
- Visit to Earthly-Paradise Auli artificial Lake.
- Visit historical Joshimath temple.
- Exhilarate majestic Ropeway Ride.
- Unique experience for camping.
- Visit breathtaking Nanda Devi Hills.
How to Reach Auli
- By Air: – Jolly Grant Airport located in Dehradun (279 Km).
- By Road:- NH58- Delhi → Pauri→ Auli.
Lakshadweep, a group of 39 small islands, is also a great place to enjoy winter. Here, the temperature is moderate throughout the year. These islands are similar to that of Andaman in terms of tourism. Exotic marine life is worth to be explored during winters. If you want to get away from the foggy winter and enjoy the beautiful winter sun, Lakshadweep is surely the best destination to spend winter holiday in India and enjoy vacation in January.
Best Experiences in Lakshadweep in winter
- Try out scuba diving at Lakshadweep covering snorkeling, deep sea fishing, wind surfing, speed boating, kayaking etc.
- Watch traditional Folk dances like Korkali and Parichakali.
- Excursions to small lighthouses at Minicoy.
- Experience vivid-colored coral gazing at Agatti.
- Walk along the sun-kissed shores.
How to Reach
- By Air: – Agatti Aerodrome.
- By Ship: There are cruise from Kochi.
Nainital, situated at an elevation of 2000 m, is said to be one of the sought-after travel destinations in India. also it is counted among the best places to visit in winter for the pristine snowfall. If you want to enjoy your winter vacation, witnessing glorious snow-capped mountains, Nainital is also counted as the best place to visit in Uttarakhand in January . Moreover, if you want to enjoy a romantic vacation with your loved one, you can also look for Nainital as a prospective option.
Best Experiences in Nainital in winter
- Enjoy a tour of the Naini Lake and enjoy Boating.
- Enjoy the snowcapped panoramic view from Tiffin top.
- Shop at bustling Tibet market.
- Pray to Naina Devi temple.
- Enjoy exotic ropeway ride.
How to Reach Nainital
- By Air: – Pantnagar airport (70 KM).
- By Road: – There are well-laid roads from Delhi another areas of Uttarakhand.
If you want a romantic getaway in India, hill station Shimla is best for you! Praised for its magical element of romanticism. Snow further acts as an add-on to the romantic trip, therefore it features among the best winter honeymoon destination in India. Proper accessibility, snow-capped mountains and colonial influence also makes it a sought-after tourist destination amidst foreigners. The destination is also a great option to enjoy a skiing holiday in India and add the element of thrill.
Best Experiences of Shimla in winter
- Travelling in the UNESCO world heritage site, toy train passing through hills.
- Memorable shopping at Lakkar Bazar.
- Enjoy snowfall, as the season has a quite a number of showers.
- Off-the-beaten track ice skating.
- Skiing in Kufri, also trekking, and other snow activities.
How to Reach Shimla
- By Air: – Jubbarhatti Airport.
- By Rail: – Shimla is connected by toy train from Kalka.
- By Road: – Roads lead from Delhi, Chandigarh and many other cities of India
January, the winter month is a great time to spend memorable vacations in India. So, contact your travel agent and operator today and book exclusive winter deals today. There also are all-inclusive winter holiday deals available that feature accommodation and sightseeing.