Nawalgarh is famous for its fresco and havelis and often called as Golden City of Rajasthan.This place is also known as "the land of Havelis" and "open air art gallery". Named after Thakur Nawal Singh, who was the founder of the city. There are various tourist attractions in Nawalgarh which you can visit are Bala Kila Fort, Havelies with different types of painting styles reflecting history and culture of the region. Hira Lal Sarowgi Havelis and Roop Niwas Palace other tourists attractions in the city. IHPL offers several tour packages to choose from to witness these heritage sites of Ranakpur.
Nawalgarh Holiday Packages
List of Nawalgarh Holiday Packages
Delhi - Samode - Nawalgarh - Mandawa - Bikaner - Jaisalmer - Jodhpur - Ghanerao - Ranakpur - Udaipur - Deogarh - Jaipur - Kanota - Agra - Delhi
- Guided tour of Delhi
- Explore Amer Fort
- Excursion to Nawalgarh
- Day trip of Mandawa
- Visit Bikaner
- Jaisalmer sightseeing
- Camel ride on Sand Dunes
- Enjoy at Jodhpur
- Visit Ranakpur Jain Temples
- Boat ride on Lake Pichola
- Agra sightseeing tour
Explore Fatehpur Sikri
Delhi – Jaipur – Samode – Nawalgarh – Bikaner – Gajner – Jaisalmer – Osian – Khimsar – Manvar – Jodhpur – Rohet – Mount Abu – Udaipur – Dungarpur – Deogarh – Ajmer – Pushkar – Pachewar – Ranthambhore – Agra – Delhi
- Delhi sightseeing tour
- Delicious lunch at Neemrana Fort
- Spend some time at Chokhi Dhani, Jaipur
- Feel bliss exploring Jaipur
- Tour to Samode Palace
- Admire the Nawalgarh Fort
- Game drive at Gajner Wildlife Sanctuary
- Excursion to gems of Jaisalmer
- Camel safari in Sam sand dunes
- Visit temples in Osian
- Bishnoi Village tour
- Manvar sightseeing tour
- Meet avifauna species at Rohet
- Witness the charm of Jodhpur
- Discover the fine Dilwara Jain Temples
- Visit Ranakpur Jain Temples
- Boat ride on Pichola Lake
- Udaipur city tour
- Traverse the heritage realms of Dungarpur
- Visit the Deogarh Fort
- Quick trip to Ajmer and Pushkar
- See the age old temples of Pachewar
- Jeep safari in Ranthambore
- Embracing the architecture of Fatehpur Sikri
- Shopping spree in Agra
- Photograph the Taj Mahal
FAQs of Nawalgarh Tours
Ans: Nawalgarh is a village in Jhunjhunu district, in North of Rajasthan, western state of India.
Ans: Nawalgarh is popular for its frescoes and painted Havelis. Often termed as Open Art Gallery, it is also popular for stays in heritage Havelis which have been turned into hotels.
Ans: You can reach Nawalgarh by road or by train only.
Nearest airport to Nawalgarh are:
- Jaipur airport (JAI) - 154 kms / 4 hrs drive
- Delhi International airport (DEL) - 262 kms / 5.5 hrs drive
Nearest cities to Nawalgarh are:
- Jaipur - 140 kms / 3 hrs drive
- Delhi - 285 kms / 5.5 hrs drive
- Bikaner - 223 Kms / 3.5 hrs drive
- Jodhpur - 330 Kms / 6.5 hrs drive
Nearest railway Station are:
- Nawalgarh railway Station (NWH) - 5.5 kms / 15 mins drive
- Jhunjhunu railway Station (JJN) - 38 kms / 01 hr drive
Ans: Nawalgarh is fondly known as 'Land of Havelis'. This small town is a treasure trove of cultural and traditional heritage. It offers heritage and Haveli style accommodation where people can delight in the lavish lifestyle of royalties. They can get an opportunity to explore the beauty of the bygone era.
Ans: Nawalgarh boasts of traditional and vibrant Havelis with the colorful and enchanting bazaars. This town holds a lot of things in its bucket for the travelers. The best things to do in Nawalgarh are:
Heritage havelis & Frescoes - Nawalgarh boasts of a largest number of painted Havelis (mansions) in Shekhawati, which you will enjoy exploring, and the owners feels pride in sharing the heritage.
Local village market: Enjoy meandering down the market lanes of this rural village indulging in buying a handmade Jutti (leather footwear) or watching the lacquer bangle making technique and buying some adorned with beads, stones, crystals and other embellishments, watching a potter in work etc.
Gopinathji & Kalyanji Temple - Built in 18th century by Thakur Nawal Singh after whom the village is named after.
Dundlod Fort - 17th century castle, now turned into a hotel, is situated in Mahensar town which is 10 kms from Nawalgarh.
Ans: Nawalgarh becomes very hot in Summers. The best time to visit Nawalgarh is in winters from October to March. If you do not mind rain showers, monsoon can be pleasant in the mornings and evenings from July till September.
Ans: Apart from Nawalgarh, you can stay at any of the below places to explore Shekhawati region:
- Manadwa - 32 kms
- Churu - 74 kms
- Alsisar - 67 kms
- Dundlod - 9 kms
Ans: Your tour program is prepared based on number of days in hand. Your city of departure and your places of interest if any. Nawalgarh can be a great weekend destination for residents of Delhi and jaipur. The itinerary can be as below:
Short Weekend tour to Nawalgarh
- Day 01 From Delhi or Jaipur to Nawalgarh - 5.5 hrs or 4 hrs drive respectively
- Day 02 Explore Nawalgarh
- Day 03 Nawalgarh -to Jaipur or Delhi return
If you have 04-05 days in hand to explore more of Rajasthan, we suggest below itinerary:
05 days Agra Jaipur tour with Nawalgarh
- Day 01 Delhi - Nawalgarh - 5.5 hrs drive
- Day 02 Nawalgarh - Jaipur - 4 hrs drive
- Day 03 Jaipur
- Day 04 Jaipur - Agra - 5 hrs drive
- Day 05 Agra - Delhi - 4 hrs drive
If you are unable to find your required tour program, please contact Indian Holiday tour specialist in the "Enquire now" section.