If you thought that India travel packages are all about family, romantic, and adventure trips, then there is more in store for you to explore. In the recent day and age, owing to the development of new age and spiritual studies, pilgrimage tours in India have gained prominence. Previously it was only the senior citizens and our elders that opted in for religious tours. Times have changed now. Today even the youth are willing to make similar tours in various parts of India.
Owing to the presence of Sikhism, Buddhism and Hinduism, pilgrimage tourism in India has developed well. The country has numerous holy spots and shrines of eminence. Every year you will find domestic and foreign travelers visiting these places.
Hindus from various parts of the world, travel down to India to take a dip at the holy rivers that are said to wash away all sins and guilt. The Sikhs show their tenacity and religious fervor by walking up to an altitude of 4329 meters and make their way to Hemkund Sahib. Owing to the presence of Buddhism and Buddhist monks, devotes from various parts visit the pious city of Sarnath.
There are various pilgrim destinations that visitors can travel to. We have listed down few popular ones:-
- Devprayag situated at the meeting point of Bhagirathi and Alakananda River is known for the Raghunathji temple.
- Uttarkashi located on the banks of Bhagirathi River is famous for Vishwanatha Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva.
- Rudraprayag, the holy city situated at the convergence of the river Mandakini and Alakananda, attracts pilgrims to Chamunda Devi, Koteshwar Temple and Radranath.
- At Gaurikund you can have a look at the Gauri Temple and take a dip at the warm water body. A visit to the Joshinath, Govind Ghat and Badrinath adds a final completion to the tour.
That was not all. There is also Youth Pilgrimage Tour Packages in India for the enthusiastic youth who are willing to travel down to the famous pilgrimage sites in India. The tours that are designed in this category are mostly focused around Uttarakhand. This region is rich in holy sites and shrines and at the same time has abundant scope for rafting and other daring water sports. This combination is what makes this particular tour package thrilling and exciting.
Travelers can also experience rafting through the Ganges and visit the temple premises for “puja”, “devi darshan” and the evening “aarti”. Few tour packages in this section also give visitors the opportunity to experience the wildlife in Uttarakhand. The tour itinerary includes a visit to RajaJi National Park. The cost of the tour packages ranges from being steep to affordable, depending on the destinations covered and the amenities that are provided.
This apart few other Pilgrimage tours to India that you can opt for includes destinations like:-
- Navagraha Temples
- Tirupathi Balaji
- Arupadai Veedu
- Puttaparthi Saibaba
- Vaishno Devi
- Char Dam Yatra
- Shirdi Saibaba
[ Don’t miss-out and take a look on Pilgrimage Tour Packages in India ]
- Top 20 Famous Temples in Nepal That You Should Not Miss - September 21, 2019
- Goa Tourism to start heli-tours in Goa by May 2020 - August 26, 2019
- Jaipur listed as UNESCO World Heritage Site - July 17, 2019