With a surreal setting, breathtaking views, and spectacular landscape, Kashmir is a perfect place for newlyweds to soak in the serenity of this paradise. There are a plethora of places to visit in Kashmir for honeymoon where you can spend quality time with the love of your life in the lap of the tranquil environment.
It is fondly known as ‘Paradise on Earth’ and without a doubt, Kashmir justifies this name. For your ease, we have jotted down the list of the best honeymoon places in Kashmir. You can celebrate your love union at this place through our well-designed romantic Kashmir tour packages.
Take a look at the list of popular places to visit in Kashmir on Honeymoon to plan a memorable vacation:
Plan a romantic tour with our Kashmir tour packages.
The summer capital of Jammu and Kashmir, Srinagar is one of the most beautiful places to visit in Kashmir for honeymoon couples. The surreal environment and spectacular beauty of Srinagar can leave anyone captivated.
For romantic experiences, couples can enjoy a Shikara ride at Dal Lake, a houseboat stay at Nigeen Lake, and heritage walks in the city. Home to some of the amazing architectural marvels and scenic Mughal Gardens, Srinagar has something for all kinds of honeymooners. Couples can spend quality time in the lap of nature away from the hustle-bustle of city life and witness the glorious past of the region.
- Best time to visit Srinagar: April to October
- Things to do in Srinagar: Shikara ride, houseboat stay, paragliding, and heritage walk
- Places to visit in Srinagar on your Honeymoon: Dal Lake, Nigeen Lake, Wular Lake, Hazratbal Shrine, Nishat Bagh, Shalimar Garden, Chashme Shahi, Hari Parbat, Tulip Garden, and Shankaracharya Temple
How to reach Srinagar:
The city houses its own airport, Srinagar Airport. The nearest railhead is Udhampur Railway Station, which is situated at 200 km and is well connected by the national highway with Srinagar. To know more details about how to go click here!
A pretty little hill town nestled in the lap of the mighty Himalayas in the Budgam district of Kashmir, Yousmarg is blessed with paradisiacal beauty. The region is named Yousmarg, which means ‘The Meadow of Jesus’ in Kashmiri.
It is believed that Jesus once visited Yousmarg and stayed here for a while and this place got its name. Pir Panjal mountain ranges in the backdrop enhance the charm of this serene place. The peace and tranquility of Yousmarg make it among the best Kashmir honeymoon places in the summers. You can partake in trekking and hiking on the scenic trails to make your visit memorable.
- Things to do: Hiking, trekking, nature walk, and camping
- Best time to visit Yousmarg: March to September
- Places to visit in Yousmarg on Your Honeymoon: Charar-e-Sharif, Doodh Ganga, Nilnag Lake, Pakharpora Shrine, and Sang-e-Safed
How to reach Yousmarg
Srinagar Airport is the nearest airport, which is situated at 46 km. The nearest railhead is Udhampur Railway Station, located 210 km away and is easily accessible by the national highway.
Literally meaning ‘Land of Gold’, Sonamarg is nestled on the bank of the Sindhu River. This quaint valley offers spectacular sights of the countryside and allows you to get glimpses of the surreal natural beauty of the region.
Among the best honeymoon in Kashmir in December, newlyweds can indulge in numerous activities in Sonamarg to make their vacation cherishable. This is also a base of numerous treks, which makes it a paradise for nature lovers and adventure lovers. If you are a thrill-seeking couple then embark on one of the famous lake treks in the region and enjoy camping amidst tranquil surroundings.
- Things to do: Trekking, camping, hiking, horse ride, and pilgrimage tour
- Best time to visit Sonamarg: April to June
- Places to visit in Sonamarg on your honeymoon: Thajiwas Glacier, Gangabal lake, Satsar, Vishansar, Kishansar, Baltal, and Nilagrad River
How to reach Sonamarg
The nearest airport is Srinagar Airport, which is situated 80 km away. The nearest railhead is Udhampur Railway Station, which is situated at 292 km and can be easily reached by the national highway.
The most popular skiing destination in India, Gulmarg is a paradise for nature lovers and adventure enthusiasts. Boasts about snow-covered peaks and snow-blanketed slopes, Gulmarg is a popular place to visit in Kashmir for honeymoon in December that offers a unique experience to the newlyweds.
It is also home to the world’s second-highest Gondola ride and among the top honeymoon destinations in Kashmir. If you are a beginner then you can take up courses in skiing, snowboarding, trekking, and mountaineering. In summers, this place blooms with a variety of flowers and lush green forested valleys intensify the beauty of this serene place.
- Things to do: Trekking, camping, hiking, skiing, snowboarding, mountaineering, and gondola ride.
- Best time to visit Gulmarg: March to June & December to February (for snow activities)
- Places to visit in Gulmarg on your honeymoon: Gulmarg Biosphere Reserve, Alpather Lake, Golf Course, and Children’s Park
How to reach Gulmarg
The nearest airport from Gulmarg is Srinagar Airport, which is 58 km away. The nearest railway station is located in Udhampur, which is situated at 249 km and can be easily reached by the national highway. To know more details about how to go, click here!
Located on the confluence of Lidder River and Sheshnag Lake, Pahalgam is encompassed by pine forest and offers breathtaking vistas of the lush meadows. The scenic beauty of Pahalgam entices honeymooners, making it one of the best Kashmir places for honeymoon.
It is a treat for adventure junkies and a perfect place for nature lovers. You can embark on some of the popular treks in Pahalgam, which offer stunning views of the region. For romantic experiences, you can indulge in thrilling activities here and soak in the serene environs.
- Things to do: Golfing, trekking, angling, skiing, snow-sledding, and river rafting
- Best time to visit Pahalgam: March to November
- Places to visit in Pahalgam on your honeymoon: Chandanwari, Lidder River, Baisara, Lidder Amusement Park, Mamleshwar Temple, Sheshnag Lake, and Tulian Lake
How to reach Pahalgam
The nearest airport from Pahalgam is Srinagar Airport, which is 88 km away. The nearest railway station is located in Udhampur, which is situated at 187 km and is well-connected with the major cities of the country. To know more details about how to go click here!
One of the most romantic places for honeymoon in Kashmir, Gurez Valley is nestled at an altitude of 2,730 m above sea level. This is a hidden gem of Kashmir and was once the famous gateway to the Silk Road from Europe to Kashgar in China. Boasts of picturesque landscape, high mountains, pastures, and lush green vegetation, Gurez Valley is blessed with surreal beauty.
The magical and mystical beauty of this can leave anyone captivated and awe-struck, which makes it an ideal place in Kashmir for honeymooners. On a clear day, you can also witness the magnificence of Nanga Parbat from here.
- Things to do: Trekking, hiking, and nature walk
- Best time to visit Gurez Valley: May to October
- Places to visit in Gurez Valley: Kishan Ganga River, Razdan Pass, Peer Baba Shrine, and Harmukh
How to reach Gurez Valley
The nearest airport from Gurez Valley is Srinagar Airport, which is 133 km away. The nearest railway station is located in Udhampur, which is situated at 323 km and is well-connected with the major cities of the country.
Just imagine yourself strolling in the woods with the love of your life and spending some quality time on the bank of the chilly Lidder River that flows from the valley. Surrounded by lush green meadows and covered with dense vegetation, Betaab Valley is also known as Hagan Valley. It is located between Chandanwari and Pahalgam.
The exceptional beauty of the valley and serene environs make it among the top places to visit in Kashmir for a honeymoon. The stunning vistas make it a photographer’s delight and offer opportunities for sightseeing as well as for leisure activities.
- Things to do: Trekking, hiking, and nature walk
- Best time to visit Betaab Valley: October to April
- Places to visit in Betaab Valley on your honeymoon: Kishan Ganga River, Razdan Pass, Peer Baba Shrine, and Harmukh
How to reach Betaab Valley
The nearest airport from Betaab Valley is Srinagar Airport, which is 95 km away. The nearest railhead is the Udhampur railway station, which is situated at 194 km and is easily accessible from Betaab Valley by road.
Tucked away in the lap of the snow-covered Himalayas, Aru Valley is a quaint valley that is known for scenic meadows. Located on the bank of the Aru River, Aru Valley is a winter wonderland covered with snow.
This is a popular place for trekking and hiking as there are numerous trails that can take you to scenic places that are blessed with heavenly beauty. This is among the popular honeymoon places in Kashmir where you can indulge in several outdoor activities to make your honeymoon memorable and unforgettable.
- Things to do: Camping, horse riding, river rafting, trekking, hiking, and nature walk
- Best time to visit Aru Valley: March to November
- Places to visit in Aru Valley on your honeymoon: Chandanwari, Baisaran, Lidder River, Kolahoi Glacier, Sheshnag Lake, Lolab Valley, and Tulian Lake
How to reach Aru Valley
The nearest airport is Srinagar Airport, which is located 95 km away. The nearest railhead is the Udhampur railway station, which is situated at 194 km and is well-connected with the major cities of the country by trains.
Now, you have the list of best places to visit in Kashmir for honeymoon among which you can choose the best tourist destination and add them to your itinerary to make your trip memorable. if you want to see snow, the best time to visit Kashmir for honeymoon is from December to March.
Kashmir is a heaven for nature lovers, peace seekers, adventure enthusiasts, and leisure travelers. It has something for every kind of tourist from luxury to budget travelers. Plan your honeymoon and spend some quality time with the love of your life. Also, don’t forget to tell us which places entice you the most. Share your experience with us!