Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra is a revered pilgrimage circuit. Devotees visit these shrines from all over the world to seek blessings from the almighty. These two shrines hold great importance in Hinduism. Badrinath and Kedarnath temples are dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Lord Shiva respectively. Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra from Haridwar is among the most followed routes. Haridwar is well-connected with the major towns and cities of North India and Uttarakhand.
Situated in the Garhwal Himalayas of Uttarakhand, Badrinath and Kedarnath temples are a part of Char Dhams. Snow-clad peaks, breathtaking landscapes, and the spiritual aura of these holy shrines ooze enigmatic appeal, which leaves everyone spellbound.
If you are looking for the best information about how to plan Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra from Haridwar, then you are at the right place. Take a look at the detailed information of the Haridwar to Badrinath Kedarnath itinerary, the best time to visit, most followed route, accommodation details, places to visit en route, nearby attractions, and important points to remember.
- 6 Days Itinerary of Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra
- How to plan Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra
- Best time to visit yatra
- Best time to go for darshan
- Opening Dates of temples
- Important points to remember During Yatra
- How do I register for Yatra
- Where to stay during yatra
- Places to visit during yatra
- Cost of Do Dham Yatra
Here is the best itinerary for Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra from Haridwar
Embark on a soul-cleansing trip to these two auspicious and sacred pilgrimages with our Badrinath Kedarnath from Haridwar tour package. These are among the holiest Hindu shrines and two of the most spiritual destinations of Char Dhams.
During the tour, you will be able to explore the enchanting beauty of Uttarakhand and visit holy places such as Rishikesh, Devprayag, Rudraprayag, Guptkashi, and Sonprayag. Here is the detailed itinerary for the Badrinath Kedarnath tour from Haridwar.
Day 1: Haridwar to Guptkashi ( 205 km / 8 hours approx. )
Your holy Yatra starts upon your arrival in Haridwar. Our tour representative will meet you in Haridwar and then you will have an assisted transfer to Guptkashi. En route, you can take a halt at Devprayag, which is the confluence point of River Alaknanda and River Bhagirathi and forms River Ganga.
On arrival in Guptkashi, check in at the accommodation and relax. The rest of the time is at your leisure. You can take a stroll nearby places and explore the enchanting beauty of this quaint town.
Day 2: Guptkashi – Gaurikund – Kedarnath
Greet the day with the scrumptious breakfast, check out from the hotel, and then head towards Gaurikund, which is the base point of the trek to Kedarnath. On arrival in Gaurikund, you can visit the Gauri Temple and take a holy dip at Gaurikund (a pond). You can hire a palki/ pony or trek by foot to cover the 16 km distance to the Kedarnath Temple.
En route, you will come across the Mandakini River, lush green jungles, and the breathtaking beauty of the mighty Himalayas. On arrival at the temple, check-in at the Government camps or cottage. Visit the temple to seek the blessings of Lord Shiva. In the evening, you can attend the Aarti and soak in the spiritual aura. Overnight stay in Kedarnath.
- Distance from Guptkashi to Gaurikund: 30 km /45 minutes approx.
- Distance from Gaurikund to Kedarnath: 16 km/ 5-6 hours approx.
Day 3: Kedarnath – Gaurikund – Guptkashi
Wake up early, take a bath, and visit the temple to attend the Maha Abhishek Ceremony, which starts at around 4:45 AM at the Kedarnath. After Puja, return to the hotel and savor breakfast. Later, check out from the hotel and start your 16 km trek to Gaurikund or hire a pony/ palki.
From Gaurikund, start your drive to Guptkashi. On arrival, check-in at the hotel. The rest of the Savor dinner and have a sound sleep. Overnight stay at the hotel in Guptkashi.
- Distance from Kedarnath to Gaurikund: 16 km/ 5-6 hours approx.
- Distance from Gaurikund to Guptkashi: 30 km/ 45 minutes approx.
Day 4: Guptkashi to Badrinath (185 km/ 7 hours approx. )
Have a delicious morning meal, check out from the hotel, and head towards Badrinath via Joshimath. En route, you will come across Vishnuprayag, one of the Panch Prayag of Uttarakhand. It is the confluence point of Alaknanda and Dhauli Ganga Rivers.
On arrival in Badrinath, complete the check-in formalities at the hotel. Later, proceed to the Badrinath shrine. Before that, take a holy dip at the Tapt Kund, which is a hot water spring. Seek blessings from Lord Vishnu and delight in the tranquility of the surroundings. Overnight stay in Badrinath.
Day 5: Badrinath to Rudraprayag (154 km/ 6 hours approx.)
On the fifth day of the Badrinath Kedarnath tour package, you will head towards Rudraprayag after having breakfast and completing the checkout formalities at the hotel. En route, you can take a halt at Nandprayag – the confluence point of Alaknanda and Mandakini Rivers and Karnaprayag – the confluence point of Alaknanda and Pindar Rivers.
On arrival in Rudraprayag, complete the check-in formalities and relax. This pious town is renowned for the Sangam of Alaknanda and Mandakini Rivers. The rest of the day is at your leisure. If time and energy permits then you can attend the Aarti in the evening and take a holy dip. Overnight stay at the hotel in Rudraprayag.
Day 6: Rudraprayag – Rishikesh – Haridwar (161Km/ 5hours approx.)
This is the last day of the trip. Start your road trip to Haridwar after having a delicious breakfast. En route, take a halt at Rishikesh and explore the popular tourist sites here such as Ram Jhula, Laxman Jhula, and Triveni Sangam.
You can also enjoy the adventure activities in Rishikesh such as river rafting, bungee jumping, and zip-lining. Later, head towards Haridwar where your trip will end. You will have an assisted transfer to the railway station or bus stand for your onward journey.
How to plan Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra from Haridwar?
Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples are among the Char Dhams, which are located in the high altitude regions of Uttarakhand. The visit to these holy shrines requires special preparations. Here is essential information which will help you while planning to Badrinath Kedarnath trip from Haridwar:
- The biometric registration of Badrinath and Kedarnath Dhams is compulsory, which can be done by two modes – online and offline.
- Make sure you carry necessary documents along with the photo identity proof such as Aadhar Card, Voter ID card, PAN Card, Driving License, or Passport.
- The accommodation facilities are available in Swiss Cottages, Deluxe hotel, and budget lodges along the way and at Badrinath and Kedarnath. They are equipped with basic amenities. It is advisable to book your stay in advance as in the peak season, there are a few chances of getting good accommodation at a reasonable price.
- You can hire a palki/palanquin, pony/ horse, and pithus for Kedarnath Yatra from Gaurikund.
- Pack warm jackets, gloves, sweaters, woolen socks, and caps during the trip. In the monsoon season, carry an umbrella and raincoat.
- Comfortable and sturdy shoes with good grip are highly recommendable.
- Carry the prescribed and necessary medicines including fever, cold cough, headache, and medicine for mountain sickness.
- Pack a first aid kit with you, which consists of bandages, cotton, antiseptic cream, painkillers, and pain relievers.
Best time to visit Badrinath and Kedarnath Yatra
The best time for Badrinath and Kedarnath Yatra is in the summers and winters. May to June and September to October are the best months to visit Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples as the weather remains pleasant for outdoor activities. In summers, the weather remains balmy and in winter months, it remains comfortable. It is not recommended to plan a tour during the monsoon season as heavy downpour causes landslides and floods in some areas, which may hinder your Yatra.
The temples remain open for six months only and the rest of the year remains closed due to harsh weather and heavy snowfall. In the winter season, the idol of Lord Badri shifts to the Narasimha Temple in Joshimath from Badrinath Temple. And the idol of Lord Shiva shifted from Kedarnath to Omkareshwar Temple in Ukhimath. Devotees can visit them there to seek blessings in the winter season.
- To know more detailed about best time to visit Badrinath click here!
- To know more detailed about best time to visit Kedarnath click here!
Best time to go for darshan in Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples
The ideal time to go to Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples is during the early morning when Maha Abhishek Ceremony at the temples takes place. Maha Abhishek ceremony starts at 4:30 AM in both the temples. You can also attend the evening aarti in the holy shrines.
When Badrinath and Kedarnath Temple is open?
The opening date and time of Badrinath and Kedarnath temples are announced by the priests on the auspicious occasion of Basant Panchmi and Maha Shivaratri respectively. Badrinath Temple will open for devotees on 8th May 2022.
However, Kedarnath Temple will open for pilgrims on 7 May 2022 at 5 AM. While the expected closing date of the Badrinath Temple is 26th October 2022 and for Kedarnath, the closing date is 24th October 2022 on the occasion of Bhai Dooj. To know more click here!
Important points to remember During Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra
- The temples remain open from April to October and the rest of the year remains closed. So plan your Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra from Haridwar accordingly.
- It is recommendable to avoid traveling in the monsoon season, as the region experiences moderate to heavy rainfall due to which it is prone to experience landslides and floods. However, if you are planning Yatra in the rainy season, then make sure you will keep buffer days in case you get stuck somewhere.
- Carry a raincoat and umbrella if you are traveling in the monsoon.
- In winters, carry heavy woolens, and in summers, carry light woolens as the temperature dips in the evening.
- Do not forget to carry sunscreen lotion and sunglasses to avoid sunburn.
- Carry dry eatables such as dry fruits, chocolates, chips, and biscuits.
- Carry a battery-operated torch, fully-charged power banks, and extra batteries for cameras.
- Only the BSNL network operates in the region.
How do I register for Badrinath and Kedarnath Yatra?
We will help you to register yourself for the Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples as it is compulsory to show a registration slip for commencing the Yatra. Although, you can also register for Yatra on your own.
The registration can be done by both online and offline modes. The online registration can be on the official website of the Uttarakhand Char Dham Devasthanam Management Board (UCDDMB). For offline registration, you need to visit the registration centers with some important documents such as to require photo ID proof.
The registration centers are available in the Haridwar railway station, Rishikesh bus stand, Guptkashi, Phata, Sonprayag, Joshimath, and Govind Ghat. To know more detailed about Registrations click here!
Where to stay during Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra?
During the Badrinath Kedarnath tour package from Haridwar, you can choose to stay in a budget hotel or a standard hotel. Here is the list of the accommodation among which you can choose:
- Guptkashi – Hotel Rajhans / Paradise / Subham / Kanha
- Kedarnath – Punjab Sindh Awas / Gayatri Bhawan / New Himachal House
- Badrinath – Manav Kalyan / Bholagiri / Balananda / Parmarth / Bharat Shree
- Rudraprayag / Kirtinagar – Hotel Tulsi / Hotel Srikot Castle / Prachi
- Guptkashi – Camp Nirwana (Swiss Tents) / Kedar Valley Resort / Lal Resort
- Kedarnath – Punjab Sindh Awas / Gayatri Bhawan / New Himachal House
- Badrinath – Hotel Narayana Palace
- Rudraprayag / Kirtinagar – Tapovan Resort Birahi / Samrat Rudraprayag (A/C) / Riverside Resort (A/C)
Note: The booking of the hotel is subject to availability
Places to visit during Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra
There are a plethora of tourist attractions and holy sites near Badrinath and Kedarnath Temples, which you can add to your itinerary. Some of the amazing places have been mentioned below.
|Places to visit Badrinath
|Places to visit Kedarnath
Cost of Badrinath and Kedarnath Yatra by Haridwar
Haridwar to Badrinath Kedarnath trip cost is ranging from INR 14,999 to INR 18,999 per person. However, it depends on several factors including accommodation and the number of people. You can also customize the itinerary as per your requirements. You can add the tourist attractions to the itinerary and increase the day of the tour as per your convenience.
Here are the latest SOPs for Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra, which people are required to follow during Yatra.
- Only fully vaccinated people with a mandatory COVID-19 negative report are allowed to embark on Badrinath Kedarnath Yatra.
- It is mandatory to show the vaccination certificate along with the negative report issued by the ICMR authorized laboratory.
- Devotees are required to follow the strict COVID-19 protocols like social distancing and wearing masks.