South India amazes every tourist with its variety of scenes, from a refreshing holiday at hill stations to soaking in the sun at a beach destination, from partaking in adventure activities to celebrating cultural festivals.
If you are searching for places to visit in November in South India, add the listed South India tourist places to your itinerary and explore everything, from forests to valleys, shores to terrains, and temples to towns, all amidst chilly and calming weather.
Plan a holiday with this list of 11 Places to Visit in November in South India:
- Alleppey – Cruise on the tranquil backwaters
- Puducherry – Explore the French cafes
- Gokarna – Visit temples and beaches
- Chikmagalur – Enjoy the serenity
- Andaman – Indulge in thrilling water activities
- Ooty – Behold the views of lush green valleys
- Lambasingi – Stroll through the coffee and tea plantations
- Araku Valley – Witness the natural wonders
- Coorg – Soak in the picturesque views
- Munnar – Spend time amidst misty peaks
- Yercaud – Enjoy a peaceful holiday
Alleppey – Cruise on the tranquil backwaters
Spend your winter break on houseboats! Alleppey, locally known as Alappuzha is among the top best hill places to visit in November in India. It is the prime attraction for honeymooners who want to spend time in peace and strengthen their bond. Plus, the soothing weather makes exploration of the town.
There’s a reason Alleppey in Kerala is called the “Venice of the East”. Lord Curzon, who found this beautiful place, compared it to Venice in Italy. Alleppey has also acquired its name in Backwater Tourism because it has interlinked waterways, allowing tourists and locals to access the outskirts.
- Why visit Alleppey in November? The weather is the main reason people visit Alleppey in November in India. The temperature remains between 23°C to 28°C. Also, the waterways reopen during this time, offering tourists to stay in the floating houseboats and explore villages in pleasant and mild climates.
- Famous tourist places in Alleppey: Marari Beach, Alleppey Lighthouse, Vembanad Lake, Mullakkal Rajeshwari Temple, Alappuzha Beach, Punnapra Beach
Check out the Alleppey tour packages here.
Puducherry – Explore the French cafes
Puducherry appears in every list of places to visit in October and November in India. And why not? It is the perfect blend of Indian and French cultures. Moreover, its numerous beautiful buildings, cafes, and chic boutiques entice many travelers. Plus, the white buildings make every corner of the Puducherry a postcard picture.
From beaches to temples to delicious French cuisine, this place has it all to keep you engaged. If you are a night person, check out the number of clubs and beach parties with great music and cocktails.
- Why visit Puducherry in November? The temperature of Puducherry fluctuates between 23°C to 30°C, making the weather perfect for exploration. In addition, you can enjoy water sports like surfing and lazing around at the beach.
- Famous tourist places in Puducherry: Sri Aurobindo Ashram, Paradise Beach, Serenity Beach, Seaside Promenade, The Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, Arulmigu Manakula Vinayagar Temple
Gokarna – Visit temples and beaches
Adrenaline pumping activities to spiritual solace, get the best of both worlds in Gokarna. From the golden beaches to age-old pilgrimage sites, Gokarna attracts a wide variety of tourists every winter. Water sports like surfing, scuba diving, snorkeling, parasailing, and jet skiing are some of the things to do in Gokarna in November.
Gokarna is becoming a favorite winter destination in India and if you want to visit here with your loved ones, Indian Holiday offers the best Gokarna tour packages.
- Why visit Gokarna in November? November is the best time to enjoy water sports in Gokarna. The weather is flamboyant with temperatures ranging from 15°C to 34°C at this time, with a mildly cold climate and lush green surroundings.
- Famous tourist places in Gokarna: Om Beach, Mahabaleshwara Temple, Paradise Beach, Kudle Beach, Gokarna Beach, Half Moon Beach, Yaana
Chikmagalur – Enjoy the serenity
“The Coffee Land of Karnataka”, Chikmagalur is among the cheapest places to visit in India in November in South India. Take a break from your 9 to 5 schedule, tag along your loved ones, and spend a relaxing holiday here. The lush greenery, eye-catching tea and coffee plantations, and the peaceful environment will relieve you of all your stress.
Blessed with numerous waterfalls, Chikmagalur leaves every tourist spellbound with natural beauty. Do not forget your camera to capture the lovely flora and fauna to look back on and cherish this holiday.
- Why visit Chikmagalur in November? Crisp and clear weather with an average maximum temperature at 31°C makes Chikmagalur a great place to visit in November. Strolling in the cool winds with greenery around is an experience you will never forget.
- Famous tourist places in Chikmagalur: Baba Budangiri, Mullayanagiri, Bhadra Wildlife Sanctuary, Kudremukh National Park, Coffee Plantations, Hebbe Falls
Check Chikmagalur packages here.
Andaman – Indulge in thrilling water activities
With over 500 species of corals, Andaman has earned its place as one of the most romantic places in South India in November. Blessed with white sand beaches, turquoise waters, cliffs to jump from, and more, Andaman will make your winter honeymoon or family vacation memorable.
Moreover, you have the option to choose from a variety of activities, to either indulge in water sports or simply enjoy a laid-back vacation relaxing, the choice is yours.
- Why visit Andaman in November? Andaman’s weather remains cool and calming during November. Also, the temperature hovers from 24°C to 30°C, making your visits to the beach enjoyable. Honeymooners and families can enjoy their time in peace and enjoy sunbathing, sailing, snorkeling, etc.
- Famous tourist places in Andaman: Ross Island, North Bay, Neil Island, Wandoor Beach, Cellular Jail, Havelock Island, Barren Island
Ooty – Behold the views of lush green valleys
Ooty is that one destination in South India that finds its place in every season’s list. So, of course, it is also one of the best places to visit in India in November and December. With gardens, misty peaks, lush greenery, plantations, and attractions, there is a lot to explore and see in Ooty.
A resort town and one of the best winter destinations in South India, Ooty lies in the lap of the Western Ghats mountains, offering soul-soothing weather. The serenity will take away the stress of routine life, and a ride on the heritage Nilgiri Mountain Railway will provide memories of a lifetime.
- Why visit Ooty in November? With temperatures lying between 11°C to 21°C, Ooty remains a cool place during winter. As a result, the entire landscape gets foggy and misty, and the tea plantations look more enchanting and covered in white clouds.
- Famous tourist places in Ooty: Ooty Lake, Tea Museum, Rose Garden, Tibetan Market, Toy Train Ride, Pykara Lake, Doddabetta Peak
Plan a relaxing holiday in South India with our Ooty travel packages.
- Top 14 Things to Do in Ooty Unbeatable Attractions You Can’t Miss
- Best Places to visit in Ooty for Couples on a Honeymoon Trip
- Spring at the Queen of Hills- Ooty
- Ooty vs Munnar: Which is better for Your Next Holiday Trip
Lambasingi – Stroll through the coffee and tea plantations
An unknown fact about Lambasingi – it is the only place in South India that receives snowfall in winter. Sometimes the temperature even falls below sub-zero, making the landscapes cloudy. One of the offbeat places to visit in November in South India, Lambasingi, is a small village in Andhra Pradesh lying 100 km from Visakhapatnam. It’s worth visiting if you want a peaceful and relaxing holiday.
Lambasingi has a rich collection of wildlife, tigers, and birds, in particular, attracting many wildlife lovers to study the animals. Coffee, eucalyptus, and pine plantations are also seen here.
- Why visit Lambasingi in November? The temperature in November remains around 22°C to 30°C with no snowfall. The weather is pleasant to enjoy a walk and also visit the top attractions.
- Famous tourist places in Lambasingi: Kondakarla Bird Sanctuary, Thanjangi Reservoir, Ghat Road, Kothapalli Waterfalls, Susan Garden
Araku Valley – Witness the natural wonders
If you go beyond the ancient temples of Andhra Pradesh, you will find Araku Valley, a scenic place with abundant natural wonders. Lying on the lap of the Eastern Ghat Hills with thick forests surrounding the valley, not many people know of this serene place, which is perfect for a peaceful holiday in November in South India.
Araku Valley is about 111 km from Visakhapatnam, making it accessible and a great tourist place in South India. The highlights of the valley are lush coffee gardens, waterfalls, valleys, and vast paddy fields.
- Why visit Araku Valley in November? It is a must-visit place for photographers as it is blessed with abundant natural beauty. Also, the temperature in Araku Valley remains between 15°C to 22°C, making the weather extremely pleasant.
- Famous tourist places in Araku Valley: Tribal Museum, Galikonda View Point, Coffee Museum, Ananthagiri Waterfalls, Sangda Waterfalls, Katiki Waterfalls
Coorg – Soak in the picturesque views
“The Scotland of India”, Coorg is among the most beautiful places in South India, perfect for nature lovers. Flanked by the lush Western Ghats, this hill town is called Kodagu or Madikeri. The natural beauty picturesque valleys, and views of Coorg will soothe your senses, leaving you rejuvenated.
Moreover, the vast tea and coffee plantations with their aroma entice tourists from many cities in India. The gushing waterfalls, evergreen forests with rich flora and fauna, and ancient buildings make Coorg one of the best places to visit in India in November with family.
- Why visit Coorg in November? Coorg gets pleasant and cool during November as the temperature ranges from 18°C to 26°C. The greenery, the waterfalls, and the plantations look more charming, and exploring them becomes more enjoyable. Moreover, this month is the ideal time to take jeep safaris.
- Famous tourist places in Coorg: Tadiandamol Peak, Abbey Falls, Iruppu Falls, Tibetan Monastery or Golden Temple, Raja’s Seat, Dubare Elephant Camp
Check out the Coorg tour packages here.
- 10 Amazing Tourist Attractions to Visit in Coorg in 2 Days
- 15 Must Visit Places in Coorg for a Memorable Holiday
Munnar – Spend time amidst misty peaks
Munnar cannot be missed when it comes to a winter vacation in South India. Ideal for honeymooners looking for a romantic holiday destination, Munnar is one of the most romantic places to visit in November in India. From pristine waterfalls to rolling hills to rich wildlife, Munnar has it all.
You will find solace amidst nature in Munnar. The clean blue skies and the aroma of tea gardens will make your visit to Munnar unforgettable.
- Why visit Munnar in November? Munnar has clear skies and lush green hills covered in mist in November. People around the world visit Munnar with family and loved ones to enjoy a relaxing holiday in nature. The weather is perfect for spotting colorful birds and hiking to the highest point of Munnar for spectacular views.
- Famous tourist places in Munnar: Top Station, Echo Point, Anamudi Peak, Chinnakanal Waterfalls, Chinnar Wildlife Sanctuary, Marayoor, CSI Christ Church, Kundala Dam and Lake
Yercaud – Enjoy a peaceful holiday
Among the lesser-known places to visit in India in November with family, Yercaud is a beautiful hill station in Tamil Nadu. It is blessed with shimmering lakes, greenery, and fog-covered hilltops that offer a soulful experience in November in South India.
Also, flora and fauna, the freshness in the air, and cost-effective tourism have gained Yercaud the title of “Ooty of the Poor”. It is a compact destination and can be explored in a day or two. While here, visit the vantage points to behold splendid views and go on nature treks for the adventure in you.
- Why visit Yercaud in November? With temperatures hovering between 20°C and 28°C, the weather in Yercaud is ideal for trekking, strolling, and exploring. The lush green landscapes and misty peaks are worth seeing in November.
- Famous tourist places in Yercaud: Kiliyur Falls, Lady’s Seat, Manjakuttai View Point, Children’s Seat, 32-km Loop Road, Pagoda Point, Shevaroy Temple, Silk Farm, Rose Garden, Bears Cave
Excited about your winter trip? Plan your holiday with our list of places to visit in November in South India. Lush green valleys, ancient monuments, museums, sacred temples, pristine waterfalls, shimmering lakes, and more, there is a lot to explore in the south region. For a hassle-free experience, book our November tour packages in India, which are equipped with meals, transfers, sightseeing, and accommodation.
Share with us if you have been to any of the places above and how your experience was.