November brings cool winds and low temperatures, tempting us to pack the bags and travel. If you are confused about “where can we go in November?”, we bring you the list of 12 best places to visit in November in North India, including hill stations, heritage cities, religious sites, and more. From the royal city of Jaipur to the queen of hills, Shimla, the list covers it all.
Plan a fun trip to these Places to Visit in November in North India:
- Kasol, Himachal Pradesh – Perfect for Treks
- Jaipur, Rajasthan – Royal Heritage City
- Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – Imposing Historical Buildings
- Mussoorie, Uttrakhand – Picturesque View and Pleasant Weather
- Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – Mesmerizing Ganga Aarti
- Gulmarg, Jammu and Kashmir – Breathtaking Vistas
- Rishikesh, Uttarakhand – Spirituality and Adventure
- Udaipur, Rajasthan – Magnificent Palaces
- Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan – Abundant Wildlife
- New Delhi – Renowned Architectural Marvels
- Amritsar, Punjab – Spiritualism and Food Hub
- Nainital, Uttarakhand – Cool and Calm Weather
Kasol, Himachal Pradesh – Perfect for Treks
If trekking amidst luxuriant greens is your idea of a holiday, then Kasol is one of the best mountain places to visit in north India. While most tourists prefer Manali or Shimla, you can visit Kasol for fewer crowds. Nestled in Himachal’s Parvati Valley, witness the splendid views while trekking and enjoy nature’s solitude.
Apart from trekking, seek blessings at Manikaran Sahib Gurudwara and visit Tirthan Valley, both among the top places near Kasol for tranquility.
Temperature in Kasol in November: 7°C to 19°C
Things to do in Kasol:
- Trek to Malana Village, among the most android treks in Himachal Pradesh.
- Visit Tosh Village and interact with the local Himachali people.
- Enjoy trout fishing and angling.
- Witness soul-soothing views on Kheerganga Trek.
For details about how to reach Kasol, click here.
Jaipur, Rajasthan – Royal Heritage City
A blend of tradition and modernity, Jaipur, the “Pink City” is a historically significant city. If history and heritage monuments pique your interest, plan a trip to Jaipur, one of the best north India tourist places in November near Delhi. Enjoy your visits to City Palace, Jantar Mantar, and other architectural marvels with ease as the weather is quite pleasant.
In addition, heritage tours and shopping for traditional items are popular things to do in Jaipur. If you want to do something offbeat, take up village tours around Jaipur.
Temperature in Jaipur in November: 13°C to 29°C
Things to do in Jaipur:
- Visit the heritage sites of City Palace, Hawa Mahal, and Lake Palace.
- Ride an Elephant to Amer Fort.
- Witness panoramic views from Nahargarh Fort and Jaigarh Fort, located in the outskirts.
- Seek blessings at various temples in Jaipur like Govind Devji Temple, Birla Mandir, Narayan Temple, and Galtaji.
- Watch the light and sound show at Kesar Kyari in Amer Fort.
- Visit Chokhi Dhani to revel in the state’s culture and traditions displayed through Magic Shows, Puppet Shows, Folk Dances, etc.
- Also, visit Ram Niwas Bagh, B.M. Birla Planetarium, and Dolls Museum.
For more details about how to reach Jaipur, click here.
Recomnended Jaipur Tour Packages
- 20 Best Places to Visit in Jaipur
- Top Things to do in Jaipur
- Best Places to Visit Near Jaipur in August
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh – Imposing Historical Buildings
Lofty hills, snow-capped peaks, thick alpine forest, and Himalayan Oak trees are the natural blessings that make Shimla one of the best hill places to visit in November in North India. During winter, Shimla transforms into a wonderland, leaving every tourist spellbound.
Photographers find winters delightful as they get to capture the best of nature in Shimla. In addition, the colonial charm and Himachal culture make the hill station tourist’s favorite pick.
Temperature in Shimla in November: 7°C to 15°C
Things to do in Shimla:
- Trek to Tattapani, among the most adventurous activities in Shimla in winter.
- Excursion to Kufri, about 15 km from Shimla, one of the best skiing destinations.
- Visit the villages of Kamina and Pabo.
- Shop at Mall Road for woolen clothes, jackets, and shawls. Also, get handicrafts, miniature paintings, etc.
- Witness the vast collection of coins, handicrafts, and photographs at Himachal State Museum.
- Visit the colonial architecture – Gaiety Heritage Cultural Complex, built in Gothic Victorian Style.
- Check out Christ Church, built in 1857 by the British, Jakhoo Temple dedicated to Lord Hanuman, and Tara Devi Temple.
- Plan a visit to Naldhera, hosting India’s oldest nine-hole golf course.
For more details about how to reach Shimla, click here.
- Best Places to Visit in Shimla for a Memorable Honeymoon
- Best Places to Visit in Shimla in December
- Best Places to Visit in Shimla for Honeymoon
Mussoorie – Picturesque View and Pleasant Weather
One of the places to visit in North India in November, Mussoorie is blessed with pleasant weather even during summer. So, you can imagine the pleasantness of winter weather. Situated at 1880 m, this hill station charms tourists with its colonial past through magnificent architecture.
Riding on winding roads with a cool breeze caressing your face is the best feeling in Mussoorie. No doubt why this serene hill station is among the most visited hill stations in November near Delhi.
The temperature in Mussoorie in November: 3°C to 18°C
Things to do in Mussoorie:
- Trek to Lal Tibba and catch the panoramic views of the city.
- Enjoy the ride to Kempty Falls, full of majestic mountain ranges.
- Enjoy boating in Mussoorie Lake and have a picnic with loved ones.
- Also, explore Jharipani Falls, Bhatta Falls, and Sir George Everest House.
- Enjoy a walk on the peaceful Camel’s Back Road.
- Take the Cable Car Ride in Mussoorie from Jhula Ghar to Gun Hill.
- Visit Mussoorie Adventure Park and indulge in ziplining, trekking, camping, and skywalks.
For more details about how to reach Mussoorie, click here.
- Best Places to Visit near Delhi with family
- 10 Amazing Things to Do in Mussoorie for an Amazing Vacation
- 15 Best Tourist Places to Visit Near Mussoorie
- 12 Best Places to Visit in Mussoorie in 3 Day Trip with Family
Varanasi, Uttar Pradesh – Mesmerizing Ganga Aarti
Among the holiest cities in the world, Varanasi or Banaras or Kashi, is a must-visit in November for spiritually-inclined tourists. Seek blessings at various ancient temples and shrines, and spend the evening looking at the diyas floating away in the Ganges.
Witness one of the grandest Ganga Aarti in India that will leave you in awe. Due to pleasant weather and comfortable sightseeing, Varanasi makes its place in this list of the best places to visit in October and November in North India.
The temperature in Varanasi in November: 16°C to 29°C
Things to do in Varanasi:
- Take a bath in the holy river Ganga and wash away your sins.
- Wake up early for a boat ride on the Ganga River; a must thing to do.
- Partake in the daily prayers and rituals at temples.
- Stroll the ghats but beware of the thieves and scammers.
- Plan a tour to Sarnath, 10 km from Varanasi.
- Explore the historical Ramnagar Fort.
- Visit the famous Dashashwamedh Ghat
- Savor Kachori Sabzi at Ram Bhandar or Thatheri Bazaar, or relish a plate of Baati Chokha.
For more details about how to reach Varanasi, click here.
Gulmarg, Jammu, and Kashmir – Breathtaking Vistas
Even though it doesn’t snow in Gulmarg in November, the vistas are breathtaking. So adventurers who want to indulge in thrilling sports or vacationers who want to coof their minds off should plan a visit to this destination in North India in November.
Plus, witnessing Himalayan views from the famous Gulmarg Gondola at approx. 4000 meters is an experience whose memory will forever be etched in your heart.
The temperature in Gulmarg in November: 11°C to 17°C
Things to do in Gulmarg:
- Take one of the highest cable cars in the world, Gulmarg Gondola.
- Explore famous attractions, including Alpather Lake, Baba Reshi Shrine, and St. Mary’s Church.
- Trekkers can take various treks or hikes. Some known trekking routes are Gulmarg to Khilanmarg, Gulmarg to Apharwat, and Gulmarg to Alpather.
- Witness majestic views of Nanga Parbat covered in snow and dense forests.
For more details about how to reach Gulmarg, click here.
Rishikesh, Uttarakhand – Spirituality and Adventure
If you live in Delhi or nearby, Rishikesh will be among the top 5 places you will consider visiting in November in North India. And why not? It is the hub of adventure sports (mainly river rafting) and a place to delve deeper into self-introspection.
Starting the morning with yoga amidst lush green hills, walking on the Ganga ghat, and witnessing the Ganga Aarti at sunset is the best way to spend time in Rishikesh.
The temperature in Rishikesh in November: 13°C to 28°C
Things to do in Rishikesh:
- Witness the famed Lakshman Jhula or hanging bridge above the Ganga river, the most famous tourist attraction.
- Dip in the holy Ganga River at Triveni Ghat.
- Seek blessings from Lord Shiva in Neelkanth Mahadev Temple.
- Explore the Beatles Ashram, where the Beatles Band once visited.
- Witness the grandeur of Ganga Aarti in the evening.
- Bathe in Neer Garh Waterfall.
- Partake in the thrilling river rafting.
- Admire the symmetric architecture of Tera Manzil Temple.
For more details about how to reach Rishikesh, click here.
- 25 Best Things to do in Rishikesh for Memorable Holidays
- 10 Best Adventure Activities in Rishikesh
- 7 Famous Cafes in Rishikesh all Food Lovers Must Visit
- 8 Best Places to Visit in Rishikesh for a Soulful Trip
Udaipur, Rajasthan – Magnificent Palaces
The location of the Lake Palace Hotel in the middle of Lake Pichola is partly why Udaipur is one of the world’s most romantic cities. And during November, when the weather is pleasant, travelers come from different parts of the world.
Like other Rajasthan cities, Udaipur has a glorious history evident from its majestic palaces, ancient temples, and quaint alleys. And at every turn, you will hear stories of valor and chivalry.
The temperature in Udaipur in November: 12°C to 29°C
Things to do in Udaipur:
- Visit renowned attractions like City Palace, Fateh Sagar Lake, Monsoon Palace, and Lake Palace.
- Enjoy boating on Lake Pichola.
- Head to Gulab Bagh, Pratap Memorial, Saheliyon Ki Bari, and Jagdish Temple.
- Witness a vast collection of earthen pottery at Ahar Museum, which also has a metal Buddha figure dating back to the 10th century.
- Visit Bhartiya Lok Kala Mandal to gain a deeper knowledge of Rajasthani folk art, culture, songs, and festivals.
- If you are into cars, the Vintage Car Collection in Lake Palace has a great car collection of Cadillacs, Chevrolets, Morris, and more.
For more details about how to reach Udaipur, click here.
- Popular Things to do in Udaipur
- Fall in Love with Royal Bliss With the Popular Things to do in Udaipur
Ranthambore National Park, Rajasthan – Abundant Wildlife
At 123 km from Jaipur is situated one of the best places to visit in north India in November, Ranthambore National Park. It is home to the largest number of tigers and other animal species like leopard, nilgai, wild boar, hyena, sloth bear, and chital, and birds like Parakeets, Palm Swift, Cuckoo-Shrikes, and Flycatchers.
As November comes, this national park becomes a popular tourist pick to spot wilderness at its best. Plus, there are many attractions around the park, which makes a trip here more exciting.
The temperature in Ranthambore in November: 14°C to 29°C
Things to do in Ranthambore:
- Wildlife safari to spot animals and birds in their natural habitat.
- Visit the Jogi Mahal and ruins of Ranthambore Fort, two heritage sites inside the park.
- Explore Padam Talab, Rajbagh, and Milak Talab and spot several birds and animals.
- Check out some attractions around the park like Khandar Fort, Bhoori Pahari Sand Dunes, Soorwal Lake, Mansarovar Lake, and Karauli.
- Shop for “Khas” products like perfumes.
For more details about how to reach Ranthambore National Park, click here.
New Delhi – Renowned Architectural Marvels
Witness the mix of age-old history and cultural diversity in New Delhi, the capital of India. For someone of varied interests, the city offers everything; tasty food, distinct cultures, historical monuments, religious sites, shopping markets, and more.
No doubt, New Delhi is one of the places to visit in India in November-December due to its cold weather and piping-hot street food.
The temperature in New Delhi in November: 12°C to 28°C
Things to do in New Delhi:
- Explore renowned monuments like Jama Masjid, Qutub Minar, Purana Quila, Red Fort, and Jantar Mantar.
- Have a picnic at Humayun’s Tomb.
- Visit Rashtrapati Bhawan, Rajpath, and Raj Ghat.
- Head to India Gate, the tourist attraction that honors the brave soldiers who lost their lives during the Indian Freedom Movement, Indo-Pak Wars, and Sino-Indo Wars.
- Enjoy the delicious street food of Delhi.
- Discover the charm of Old Delhi at Chandni Chowk (must visit – Paranthe Wali Gali) and colonial ambiance at Connaught Place (must try – Fire & Ice Paan).
- Shop for clothes at Sarojini Nagar, jewelry at Janpath, and souvenirs at Tibetan Market Majnu Ka Tila. Other markets are Lajpat Nagar, Paliza Bazaar, and Sadar Bazaar.
- Visit The epitome of Indian culture, architecture, and spirituality, Akshardham Mandir, a famous Hindu temple in Delhi.
For more details about how to reach Delhi, click here.
- Best Places to Visit in One Day Trip From Delhi
- Best Places to Visit Near Delhi for 2 Days Trip
- Best Places to Visit Near Delhi for 3 Days Trip
- Best Places to Visit near Delhi with family
- Maggi and Tea Taste Better at These 5 Hill Stations Near Delhi
Amritsar, Punjab – Spiritualism and Food Hub
A trip to Amritsar in November is about visiting the holiest Sikh Gurudwara, Golden Temple, savoring Amritsari Kulche, and enjoying the hospitality of kind-hearted people. Tens of thousands of pilgrims and tourists visit Amritsar, Punjab’s largest urban area, and fall in love with the city.
Strolling the bustling streets of the city and sitting down for a communal meal at Golden Temple’s massive, volunteer-run kitchen is an experience like no other.
The temperature in Amritsar in November: 9°C to 27°C
Things to do in Amritsar:
- Seek blessings and witness the gold furnishings at Golden Temple or Harmandir Sahib.
- Sit with thousands of pilgrims for a communal meal at the gurdwara.
- Visit the Wagah Border (India-Pakistan border) to watch the daily ceremony.
- Wander to Mandir Mata Lal Devi and Summer Palace.
- Witness rare artifacts at the Partition Museum near the Golden Temple.
- Shop for Amritsari Vadi, papad, and more at the market in front of the Gurdwara.
- Relish mouthwatering Amritsari Kulche at famous restaurants like Bharawan Da Dhaba, Kesar Da Dhaba, etc.
For more information about how to reach Amritsar, click here.
Nainital, Uttarakhand – Cool and Calm Weather
Wrapped up in the Kumaon Himalayas at 2,000 meters, Nainital is among the top North India places to visit in November. The pleasant weather allows you to enjoy activities like boating, shopping, and strolling Mall Road.
Refreshing natural vistas of lofty mountains lure many travelers to Nainital. Despite being chaotic, you can enjoy the evening walks and street food while gawking at the charm of Naini Lake.
The temperature in Nainital in November: 5°C to 15°C
Things to do in Nainital:
- Enjoy boating in the serene Naini Lake.
- Take a pony ride or a trek to Naina Peak to witness a panoramic view of snow-clad peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Nanda Kot.
- Plan an excursion to Bhimtal Lake, bigger than Naini Lake; Sat Tal, a cluster of seven tiny lakes; Khurpa Tal, and NaukuchiaTal, a nine-cornered lake.
- Visit the sites of all four religions, a gurdwara, a church, a temple, and a mosque.
- Seek blessings at the famous Naina Devi Temple.
- Shop for wax candles in Nainital.
For more details about how to reach Nainital, click here.
Ready to experience the magic November has to offer? Plan your trip to North India in November with our list of the best places to visit in November in North India. Indian Holiday offers exclusive deals on winter packages in India. Contact us today for more details.