If you are looking for honeymoon destinations in India in April, there are not plenty of choices as April also heralds the beginning of sweltering Indian summer season
However, that being said, there’s no dearth of hill stations in the Himalayas up north and salubrious hill towns nestled in the lush Western Ghats for places to visit in India for couples looking for romantic and intimate experiences.
Even the unspoiled islands of Andaman and Nicobar offer best experience for travelers visiting in April.
At those amazing places, you can walk hand in hand, try out some amazing experiences, warm up by the bonfires, or picnic in lush orchards.
Sort the confusion of planning your holiday with this list of the best honeymoon destinations in India in April. Choose your dream honeymoon in India and get ready to experience a special vacation with your better half. Take a look!
Honeymoon in North India
Honeymoon in Northeast India
Honeymoon in South India
Honeymoon in West India
Best Honeymoon Places in North India in April
Manali, Himachal Pradesh
One of the most beautiful hill stations, Manali is nestled in the lap of the Himalayas in Himachal Pradesh. Features on every list of the best places to visit in India in April for a honeymoon, Manali is a haven for lovebirds. Couples can definitely fall in love with the snow-covered mountains, lush valleys, and the swift-flowing Beas River. In April, Manali experiences pleasant weather that makes your vacation magical. Adding to the delight of couples is the wide range of scenic resorts that offer comfortable stay and memorable experiences. Make sure to get pictures clicked in the traditional dress-up of Himachal Pradesh.
Ideal Duration: 3-4 Days
Why visit Manali for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The region experiences an average temperature of 10⁰ C to 25⁰ C. In April, Manali enjoys the bliss of both summer and winter. Solang valley welcomes summer while Rohtang Pass maintains the majestic winters in the month of April.
- Delight in the serene view of the lush green Dhauladhar hills.
- Try out adventure activities such as river rafting, trekking, hiking, camping, paragliding, zorbing, and mountain biking with your partner.
- Get blessings at Hadimba Temple and other shrines.
- Play in the snow at Rohtang Pass.
- Delight in the picturesque landscape of Solang Valley.
- Walkthrough Mall Road and enjoy shopping.
Tucked away in the scenic hills of Uttarakhand, Nainital is next on our list of the best honeymoon places in India in April. If you are in love with snow-covered mountains and misty valleys, then Nainital is the one for you.
This hill town is home to some of the wonderful romantic resorts by the lakeside that are ideal for a dreamy honeymoon. You can stroll through Mall Road, revel in the beautiful viewpoints, and enjoy shopping. Do not miss out to dress up in the traditional dress up and get your pictures clicked.
Ideal Duration: 2-3 Days
Why visit Nainital for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: Nainital enjoys salubrious weather in April. This month is definitely romantic as the weather is calm and soothing. The days are full of warm sunshine with a cool breeze and nights are cold. The temperatures range between 10⁰ C to 19⁰ C.
- Enjoy boat rides in Naini Lake.
- Get blessings at Naina Devi Temple.
- Trek to the Tiffin Top.
- Delight in the picturesque view of the hill station.
- Enjoy a romantic dinner date.
- Shop for local souvenirs.
Romance and Mussoorie are strongly interlinked. The hill station of India is among the top places to visit in April in India for couples. Nestled in the lap of the Himalayas, Mussoorie is a hill town that is a cozy haven for newlyweds to enjoy a perfect vacation.
Couples can spend special moments here that are simply dreamy. They can indulge in sightseeing, flavorsome food, shopping, and spending time with each other. A favored weekend getaway, Mussoorie abounds is lavish accommodation where you can have a great time with your love.
Ideal Duration: 1-2 Days
Why visit Mussoorie for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in April range between 10⁰ C to 19⁰ C in Mussoorie. In April, the region experiences soothing weather, which makes it a pleasant time for honeymooners. The days have the sun shining while nights are still cold.
- Stroll hand in hand at Camel’s Back Road.
- Enjoy in the water at Kempty Falls.
- Watch a sunset together at Cloud’s End.
- Cherish the panoramic views on a telescope at Lal Tibba.
- Stroll amid the lush greenery of the Company Garden.
- Enjoy the rope-way ride and delight in the breathtaking views of the snow-capped Himalayas.
- Buy gifts and souvenirs at the Tibetan Market.
Shimla, Himachal Pradesh
You just got hitched, and are looking for quality time with your partner, then Shimla is the place for you. Take your someone special to one of the most romantic places to visit for a honeymoon in Himachal Pradesh.
Nestled amidst the stunning lofty mountains, Shimla in April lets you enjoy the best in the lap of nature. Apart from this, you can admire the architecture of colonial buildings with lush green pastures and rich flora and fauna. The breathtaking views and unspoiled atmosphere provide you the much-required alone time on your honeymoon in Shimla.
Ideal Duration: 1-2 Days
Why visit Shimla for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Shimla in April range between 11⁰ C and 25⁰ C. Also, there is not much crowd and you can enjoy pleasant weather and romantic things in Shimla.
- Enjoy the sweet sounds of the Chadwick waterfall.
- Relax with a couple’s massage.
- Seek blessings at Jakhoo Hill.
- Stroll hand-in-hand on the Shimla Ridge.
- Catch the sunset together at Scandal Point.
- Enjoy adventure sports like paragliding together.
- Hire bicycles and explore the Queen of Hills.
- Plan a romantic excursion to Kufri.
- Gift your special one something from Lakkar Bazaar.
Kashmir, Jammu and Kashmir
Pristine beauty, cool weather, your better half, and romantic vibes, that’s all you need on a honeymoon trip, isn’t it? Kashmir is no doubt among the favored places to visit in April in North India for a honeymoon.
Also known as the ‘heaven on earth’, Kashmir will truly spark in that extra romance between you too. The popular houseboat stays and Shikara rides will help you amplify the charm of a honeymoon. Apart from this, there are tons of romantic and adventure activities you can enjoy as a couple on your Kashmir honeymoon trip.
Ideal Duration: 4-5 Days
Why visit Kashmir for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperature in Kashmir in April is from 4⁰ C to 17⁰ C with pleasant weather. The views are also very pleasing to the eyes and provide the perfect backdrop for your romance.
- Witness the stunning beauty of Srinagar.
- Drool over delectable Kashmiri cuisine.
- Spend quality time in a houseboat.
- Cruise over Dal Lake in Shikara.
- Indulge in trekking together.
- Wear traditional Kashmiri clothes and get photographed.
- Enjoy a warm cup of coffee with scenic views.
- For a birds-eye view, ride a Gondola.
Best Honeymoon Places in Northeast India in April
Darjeeling & Gangtok
During your honeymoon, you can delight in the breathtaking sights, enjoy blissful experiences, and partake in thrilling adventures.
Newly-wed couples can ask for nothing more to begin their new life with love. Blessed with snow-clad mountains, lush valleys, tea gardens, ancient monasteries, and trekking trails, a holiday in Darjeeling is wonderful.
Gangtok takes you further up North East in the incredible beauty of Sikkim. A weeklong honeymoon in Darjeeling and Gangtok is definitely recommended.
Ideal Duration: 5-7 Days
Why visit Darjeeling & Gangtok for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: Darjeeling and Gangtok in April offer pleasantly cool weather. This month is a blissful start to summer. The clear skies offer sublime views of snow-covered Mt Kanchenjunga and other peaks. April comes with comfortable sightseeing, panoramic vistas of the snow-laden peaks, and enjoyable toy train rides. The average temperatures range between 8⁰ C to 15⁰ C in this month.
- Ride the scenic Toy Train to Darjeeling.
- Get blessings at the Ghoom Monastery, Rumtek Monastery, and other shrines.
- Watch the sunrise at Tiger Hill.
- Walk amid tea gardens.
- Enjoy ropeway rides.
- Stroll at Batasia Loop.
- Breathe in the serenity at Peace Pagoda.
- Shop for souvenirs.
- Try out the Tibetan delicacies.
Kalimpong, West Bengal
A tiny hill station, Kalimpong welcomes honeymooners with open arms. The majestic mountains, tropical gardens, and crystal-clear lakes make Kalimpong among the best honeymoon places in Northeast India in April.
If you love nature, then you cannot miss out on this place. Whether you are an adventurous couple and want to try trekking, river rafting, etc., just want to spend alone time, or eat lip-smacking food with your lover, there is no dearth of things to do in Kalimpong in April.
Ideal Duration: 4-5 Days
Why visit Kalimpong for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Kalimpong in April range between 14⁰ C and 23⁰ C. During this time, the sky remains clear and you can enjoy the spectacular views of Kanchenjunga and the Himalayan range.
- Marvel at the architecture of Morgan House.
- Climb up to Deolo Hill for mesmerizing views.
- Stroll around in the Cactus Nursery.
- Trek to Durpin Dara Hill together.
- Visit Zang Dog Palri Fo-Brang Gompa.
- Try river rafting for an adrenaline pump.
- Tour the British bungalow, Crockety.
- Shop for knick-knacks at Teesta Bazaar.
The capital of one of the smallest Indian states, Meghalaya, Shillong is an ideal honeymoon place in Northeast India. From scenic views and clear skies to dense forests and enchanting waterfalls, it has everything to keep love birds fascinated. The natural beauty of this palace does great justice to its nickname, ‘Scotland of the East’.
Also, April is the best time to visit Shillong for a honeymoon as the weather creates a picture-perfect ambiance. Apart from this, you can appreciate the ancient culture and rich heritage as Shillong has much to explore.
Ideal Duration: 5 Days
Why visit Shillong for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Shillong in April vary from 14⁰ C to 24⁰ C. Weather in April in Shillong is soothing to indulge in sightseeing. During your visit, enjoy the dance performances of the Khasi members on the occasion of the Shad Suk Mynsiem.
- Visit the Don Bosco Museum.
- Witness the colonial-style architecture at All Saint Cathedral.
- Discover the culture of Shillong at Bara Bazaar.
- Indulge in romantic talks at Umiam Lake.
- Dine-in for a hearty meal at Cafe Shillong.
- Spend quaint time at Elephant falls.
- See the beauty of David Scott Trail.
Best Honeymoon Places in South India in April
Ooty, Tamil Nadu
Nestled in the lush Western Ghats, Ooty is one of the beautiful and best places for a honeymoon in April in India with much more to offer than just mountains. There is a fantastic range of resorts for honeymooners to ensure utmost comfort and luxury. You can spend moments of peace by the side of Avalanche Lake, Upper Bhavani Lake, and Emerald Lake with your partner.
If both of you are up for some religious festivals, then Ooty Mariamman Temple Festival and Coonoor Mariamman Temple Festival won’t disappoint you.
Ideal Duration: 3-5 Days
Why visit Ooty for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The weather in Ooty is quite pleasant during the months of April when the rest of India is receiving the scorching heat. The average temperature in the region in April is ranging between 12⁰ C and 30⁰ C. The weather remains comfortable and apt for sightseeing. April is an ideal time for trekking in this hill town.
- Explore the Nilgiri Mountains in a Toy Train.
- Boating in Pykara Lake.
- Trek to Kotagiri.
- Camping amidst the Western Ghats.
- Enjoy the Tea Estate tour.
Yercaud, Tamil Nadu
An ideal destination for adventure couples, Yercaud is one of the best places to visit in April for a honeymoon in South India. With its rocky terrain, lush green forests, and serene lakes, this place never runs out of things to do for honeymooners in Yercaud.
It is located in the heart of Shevaroy Hills and offers ample attractions and activities. Apart from this, the natural banks, Botanical Garden, and beautifully ornamented Rose Garden are some of the best things to explore in Yercaud as a newly-married couple.
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Why visit Yercaud for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Yercaud in April swing between 25⁰ C and 37⁰ C. It is perfect to indulge in water sports and have the best honeymoon trip to Yercaud.
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride at Yercaud Lake.
- Follow the 32-Km Loop Road to taste varieties of coffee.
- Recreate Titanic’s most iconic scene at Pagoda Point.
- Learn history at Silk Farm and Rose Garden.
- Explore the Bears Cave together.
- Get lost in the woods of Kottachedu Teak Forest.
- Pour your heart out to your partner at Kottachedu Teak Forest.
- Pay your respects at Sri Raja Rajeshwari Temple.
After the hectic rituals of the wedding, it is time to relax. For that, plan a honeymoon trip to Munnar. It is among the best places to visit in Kerala for honeymoon in April. Surrounded by greenery and panoramic views, Munnar takes lovers in the lap of nature and overwhelms them with its enthralling beauty.
Whether you are on a laid-back vacation or adventure one, your honeymoon in Munnar will leave you mesmerized. Also, with a plethora of activities and things to do, you are surely going to have a gala honeymoon in South India.
Ideal Duration: 3 Days
Why visit Munnar for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Munnar in April swing between 20⁰ C and 32⁰ C. This is a great time to have a fun-filled honeymoon with some water activities.
- Camp at Top Station.
- Visit Kolukkumalai Tea Plantation.
- Spend a night in a treehouse.
- Stroll around in Blossom Park Dark Forest.
- Relish mesmerizing views from Echo Point.
- Watch the beautiful scenery at Pothamedu View Point.
- Spend time at Lakkam Waterfalls.
- Take a safari tour in Eravikulam National Park.
- Enjoy a Shikara ride in Kundala Lake.
- Try mountain biking in the Western Ghats.
Kodaikanal, Tamil Nadu
One of the most visited places in Tamil Nadu, Kodaikanal is an ideal place to visit for a honeymoon in April in South India. It is packed with beauty and is also referred to as the ‘Princess of Hills’. In fact, the name Kodaikanal actually means ‘The Gift of the forest’. Therefore, you do not worry about the greenery and beauty here.
Spend alone time among hills and roaring waterfalls, and strength you bond evermore. There are a lot of places for newly-marrieds as they often come here to ooze out their romance.
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Why visit Kodaikanal for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Kodaikanal in April swing between 18⁰ C and 28⁰ C. This climatic condition is perfect to indulge in a couple of activities together like trekking, water sports, or simply admiring nature.
- Enjoy a romantic Shikara ride at Kodai Lake.
- Admire the gushing sounds of Bear Shola Falls.
- Witness the spectacular scenery at Suicide Point.
- Spend some time in solace at Berijam Lake.
- Plan a picnic at Pillar Rocks.
- Stroll down the beautiful Coakers Walk.
- Seek blessings at Kurinji Temple.
- Observe the stunning architecture of La Salette Church.
- Relax and unwind at Bryant Park.
- Visit the Silent Valley View Point.
Also known as the ‘Scotland of India’, Coorg has a plethora of things to offer to married couples. Situated in between the natural beauty and calm environment, Coorg offers peace and privacy.
The hidden escapes and panoramic scenery makes Coorg a great honeymoon destination in India in April. From a cabin in the woods to adventure holidays, this place can be relaxing as well as challenging, however, you like it! Indulge in exciting activities and tell her how you feel on your honeymoon amidst the quaint surroundings.
Ideal Duration: 3 Days
Why visit Coorg for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperature in Coorg in April remains between 24⁰ C and 34⁰ C. During this time, the weather is quite pleasant with a little rain and warmth, which allows you to try out different adventure sports.
- Visit Madikeri Fort.
- Seek peace at the Golden Temple Monastery,
- Enjoy a fresh brew with views of coffee plantations.
- Take a dip together in the Mallalli Falls.
- Sleep under the star-studded sky while camping.
- Trek to Tadiandamol Peak.
- Try Barapole river rafting.
- Have fun bathing elephants at Dubare Elephant Camp.
- Visit Abbey Falls.
- Spend a romantic night at a coffee plantation homestay.
Best Honeymoon Places in West India in April
Two of the most picturesque hill stations, Lonavala and Khandala are the best honeymoon places in April in Maharashtra. Both are popular weekend getaways in Maharashtra because of the spellbinding vistas, scenic environment, and pleasant weather.
If you are looking for a relaxing and quiet time with your partner, then visit these lush green terrains of the Western Ghats. Apart from this, there are ample things to do for couples amidst its beautiful surroundings.
Ideal Duration: 2 Days
Why visit Lonavala Khandala for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Lonavala and Khandala in April remains between 21⁰ C and 27⁰ C. The pleasant weather and clear skies allow you to come closer to your partner.
- Hike together to Tiger’s Leap.
- Watch the sunset at Lions Point.
- Trek to Rajmachi Fort.
- Indulge in sweet talks at Kune Waterfalls.
- Plan a picnic at Bhushi Dam.
- Learn history at Bedsa Caves.
- Enjoy the spectacular views at Duke’s Nose.
- Experience a hot air balloon safari.
- Stroll at Ryewood Park.
- Visit Valvan Dam.
Mahabaleshwar is among the best places to visit in Maharashtra for honeymoon for ample reasons. Beautiful viewpoints, placid lakes, ancient temples, and cascading waterfalls, Mahabaleshwar for honeymoon is a full package.
Grab your partner by the hand and embark on a romantic journey to Mahabaleshwar. Apart from this, this place is also famous for its strawberry production. So, do not forget to gorge on the juiciest strawberries to add some sweetness to your honeymoon trip.
Ideal Duration: 3 Days
Why visit Mahabaleshwar for a honeymoon in April?
Weather in April: The temperatures in Mahabaleshwar in April remains between 19⁰ C and 32⁰ C. During this time, the weather remains soothing and you can easily enjoy numerous things in Mahabaleshwar together.
- Visit Mapro Garden.
- Explore the popular viewpoints.
- Enjoy a romantic boat ride on Venna Lake.
- Witness breathtaking views from Pratapgarh Fort.
- Offers prayers at various Mahabaleshwar temples.
- Take your partner to spend time at scenic waterfalls.
- Enjoy camping at Tapola.
- Go back in time at Rajpuri Caves.
A honeymoon is a special time where you bond together for life. Now, you have got the list of places to visit for your honeymoon in April in India where you can have delightful experiences and make memories to cherish for a lifetime. Plan your honeymoon at any of these aforementioned honeymoon destinations to make your vacation special. And let us know which place fascinates you the most and why!
- Most Beautiful Hill Stations in South India for Honeymoon in April
- Most romantic hill stations in India for honeymoon in April
- Best places to visit in January in India for honeymoon
- Honeymoon Destinations in India to Visit in February
- 40 Ultimate Places to Plan your Honeymoon in India
Frequently Asked Questions for Honeymoon Destinations in India in April
Q. Which are the most romantic places for a honeymoon in April? +-
Ans: India oozes with romantic destinations for newlyweds. The most popular destinations for honeymoon to visit in April that will spark romance between you two are -
- Ooty, Tamil Nadu
- Mussoorie, Uttarakhand
- Munnar, Kerala
- Darjeeling, West Bengal
- Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir
- Manali, Himachal Pradesh
Q. Is April a good month for a honeymoon? +-
Ans: Yes, April is an excellent month for a honeymoon in India as the weather is soothing in most parts of the country. During this time, honeymooners can find peace and privacy as well as adventure thrills.
Q. Which are the most popular hill stations for a honeymoon in April in India? +-
Ans: With a bounty of beautiful places in the hills, India has plenty of hill stations where love birds can go to celebrate their togetherness. Here are the perfect hill stations for Honeymoon in North India For Newly-Weds that you can visit with your beloved -
- Himachal Pradesh -Manali, Kausauli,
- Maharashtra - Lonavala, Khandala, Panchgani, Matheran
- Meghalaya - Shillong Jammu & Kashmir - Gulmarg, Srinagar Sikkim - Gangtok, Cherrapunji Uttarakhand - Dhanaulti, Ranikhet, Auli
- Tamil Nadu - Yercaud, Coonoor Kerala - Munnar, Wayanad, Thekkady
Q. Which are the best romantic hill stations near Delhi in April for honeymoon? +-
Ans: Delhi enjoys a strategic location, offering proximity to various lovely locales. The perfect hill stations for honeymoon in April near Delhi are - Nainital, Lansdowne, Nahan, Mussoorie, Kasauli, Solan, Mukteshwar & Chail.
Q. Which are the best romantic places for a honeymoon in April near Bangalore? +-
Ans: Bangalore is surrounded by breathtaking places to head to for a pleasurable honeymoon. Here are some of the most romantic places for a honeymoon in April near Bangalore where you can spend some quality time together - Kanakapura Nature Camp, Nandi Hills, Mysore, Kabini, Chikmagalur, Coorg, Ooty, Gokarna
Q. Which are the most romantic places for honeymoon in April near Delhi? +-
Ans: Among the host of splendid spots near Delhi, couples can choose their much-preferred place to visit for their honeymoon. The ideal places to visit near Delhi for honeymoon in April are -
- Sultanpur Bird Sanctuary
- Neemrana Fort Palace
- The Taj Mahal, Agra
- Jim Corbett National Park
Q. Which are the most romantic places for a honeymoon in April near Mumbai? +-
Ans: Couples are spoilt for choices when it comes to dreamy destinations to visit near Mumbai. The best destinations for honeymoon near Mumbai- Karnala, Matheran, Khandala, Lonavala, Alibaug, Kamshet, Aamby Valley City, Dahanu, Nashik, Mahabaleshwar, Panchgani, Goa