Last Updated on by Indian Holiday
Bored with your 9-5 job? Seeking for a break that can turn your regular weekend into mini-vacation? If yes, then here’s a list of top 30 weekend getaways from Delhi that can evoke the wanderlust in you.
Forget the long traveling hours and crowded destinations. Simply, head towards these places to visit near Delhi and delight-in the much-awaited weekend break.
While the capital of India itself beguiles with a number of surprises, there are also a number of popular places to visit near Delhi in the summer season during the weekend. Escape the scorching heat and bask in the bliss at the places mentioned below.
Catering to the needs of avid travelers with some time constraints, these must-visit places in India in 2020-21 offer delightful experiences. Furthermore, they have something for everybody. From pilgrimage to adventure and heritage sites to wildlife, there are a plethora of options to explore. So don’t waste your weekend, pack your bags and let that wandering spirit free.
Here’s a list of 30 Best Weekend Getaways From Delhi Within 100kms – 500kms in 2020-21.
Mandawa- A Historical Town
Mandawa in Jhunjhunu, Rajasthan is considered among the most happening and the best tourist places near Delhi. The town is a part of the Shekhawati region. Offering a striking historical and heritage appeal Mandawa is dotted with beautiful Havelis and ancient forts. If you are interested in history, this spot is the best pick for you to witness the grandeur of the Havelis and other historical monuments. Shopaholics have a vast variety of souvenirs to carry home. You can buy remarkable paintings, wooden items, jewelry, furniture, trinkets, and antiques. Also, treat your taste buds with delicious local cuisines.
Distance from Delhi: 235 Km
Places to Visit: Hanuman Prasad Goenka Haveli, Gulab Rai Ladia Haveli, Bansidhar Newatia Haveli, The Harlalka Well, Murmuria Haveli, The Chokhani Double Haveli, and Open-Air Art Gallery
Things to Do: Sightseeing, Photography, Shopping
Agra – The ‘City of the Taj’
Lying on the banks of River Yamuna in Uttar Pradesh, the Mughal City of Agra is one of the most popular weekend getaways from Delhi within 300 Kms. As a matter of fact, the ‘City of the Taj’ offers a sneak-peek into the rich and glorious Mughal history. Flocked by visitors from all around the globe, Agra houses a number of architectural marvels worth visiting. The metropolis also finds mention in the great Hindu epic Mahabharata, as Agraban, a forest of Mathura.
Dal Moth and Petha are two specialties that you must definitely get your hands on while shopping in the local markets of Agra. In addition, learn about the rich historical past of India. Interestingly, the city is a part of the immensely popular Golden Triangle Circuit, together with Delhi and Jaipur.
Places to visit in Agra during a weekend getaway
- Taj Mahal – one of the Seven Wonders of the World and a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Agra Fort – the dwelling place of the Mughal emperors till 1638
- Fatehpur Sikri – short-lived capital of the Mughals
- Itimad-Ud-Daulah’s tomb – known as the ‘Jewel Box’, the tomb is considered as the draft of the Taj Mahal
- Mehtab Bagh – the last of the 11 gardens built by the Mughals
Unusual things to do in Agra
- Soak in the beauty of the Taj Mahal aboard a boat during sunrise, sunset or on a full moon night.
- Attend the Taj Mahotsav.
- Shop till your heart’s content at the Kinari Bazaar.
- Witness the saga of love with Mohabbat – the Taj Show.
Try Chambal Safari Lodge for an off the beaten path experience near Agra
- Distance from Delhi to Agra: 233.1 km
- Traveling time: 4 hours 3 min
- Best Time to visit Agra: October to July
Best Selling Agra Packages
3 Nights / 4 daysDelhi Agra Jaipur Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysSpecial Holi Tour Package
6 Nights / 7 daysMathura Vrindavan Agra Tour Package
3 Nights / 4 days
Solan – Mushroom City of India
Solan in Himachal Pradesh is popularly known as the Mushroom city of India and one of the best places to visit around Delhi. Located on the Punjab-Himachal border, Solan sprawls on the lower ranges of the Himalayas. It is also known as the City of Red Gold because of the vast tomato farming in the area. Solan is one of the best places to visit near Delhi for 2 days. The district offers many attractions like ancient temples and monasteries, apart from scenic beauty. The major attraction of Solan is a 300-year old fort perched at the top of a hill offering a panoramic view of the farmland. Many tourists and devotees across the globe visit Solan every year.
Distance from Delhi: 295 Km
Places to Visit: Shoolini Mata Temple, Jatoli Shiv Temple, Yundung Monastery, Mohan Park, Jawahar Park, Karol Tibba
Things to Do: Sightseeing, Photography, Camping, Trekking
Shimla – a hill station bestowed with all the natural bounties
A short trip to Shimla is one of the excellent ways to spend your weekend near Delhi within 400Kms. Come summer and you won’t regret giving up into the charm of one of the best hill stations of Himachal Pradesh. The capital city of the state, Shimla is often referred to as the ‘Queen of Hill Stations’. Once, the summer capital of the British during their reign, the lovely place still carries that colonial feel in its air. Nevertheless, its popularity amidst honeymooning couples as well as family vacationers is matchless.
Perched at a height of 220 m above the sea level, the picturesque hill town has a number of attractions. Do not miss the enjoyable ride on Kalka-Shimla Toy Train and admire the lush scenery. A leisure walk at the Ridge and the Mall Road would be ideal during the evenings. Again, do not forget to carry wooden handicrafts as souvenirs back home. A day’s excursion to Naldehra, Kufri and Shaily Peak can also be planned.
Places to visit in Shimla during a weekend getaway
- Jakhoo temple – an ancient temple of Lord Hanuman consisting of his footprints
- Christ Church – Second oldest church in North India
- Annandale – a serene location offering mesmerizing vistas
- Chadwick Falls – flowing from a height of 1586 m, the Chadwick Falls is a stunning waterfall
- Rashtrapati Niwas – constructed for the then viceroy of India, Lord Dufferin
- Scandal Point – a meeting place for tourists, locals and lovers
Unusual things to do in Shimla
- Go for camping.
- Enjoy white water rafting in Shimla from Chabba to Tattapani.
- Brace yourself for trekking.
- Visit Rothney Castle.
- Delight in nature walks through pine forests.
- Distance from Delhi to Shimla: 342.9 km
- Traveling time: 7 hours 38 min
- Best Time to visit Shimla: Throughout the year except for monsoon season
If you are planning family vacations? Check out a list of top 10 Family holiday destinations in India.
Top Selling Shimla Tour Packages
2 Nights / 3 daysShimla Calling Tour
4 Nights / 5 daysMagnificent Shimla Manali Tour
5 Nights / 6 daysShimla Calling - A Luxury Tour by The Oberoi
3 Nights / 4 days
Jaipur – The ‘Pink City’
Jaipur is an iconic city of Rajasthan and is a part of the very popular Golden Triangle Tour, including Agra and Delhi. A wonderful getaway from Delhi during the weekend, the ‘Pink City’ fascinates by offering wonderful sightseeing opportunities. Visiting Jaipur is like living some of the wonderful phases of a fairy tale. Moreover, the Walled City of Jaipur may soon become a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The forts and palaces provide glimpses of the magnificence and grandeur of the erstwhile royalty of the region. Besides, savoring Rajasthani delicacies is an added plus. Relish Mewa Kachori, Dal Bati Churma, Ghewar, Mirchi Bada, Besan ke gatte, etc. Moreover, Jaipur is surely is a paradise for shopaholics. So, shop for some great stuff like handicrafts, traditional apparels, imitation jewelry, lac bangles, precious and semi-precious stones, juttis, marble carvings, pottery and so on.
Plan your trip with our short escape packages in & around Jaipur
Places to visit in Jaipur during a weekend getaway
- Amer or Amber Fort (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) – an imposing building with maze-like passages
- Jaigarh Fort – a palatial structure cradled on the top of a cliff
- Jantar Mantar (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) – a royal observatory with a collection of nineteen astronomical instruments
- Nahargarh Fort – an impregnable fortification embellished with stonework and delicate carvings
- Hawa Mahal – a signature building flaunting a distinctive architecture
- Jal Mahal – a low rise symmetrical palace positioned amidst the lake
- Birla Mandir – Also famed as the Lakshmi Narayan Temple, the shrine is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and Goddess Lakshmi
- Albert Hall Museum – oldest museum of Rajasthan
- Chokhi Dhani in Jaipur
Unusual things to do in Jaipur
- Learn to cook a Rajasthani cuisine.
- Enjoy an excursion to the City Palace.
- Visit Elephant Farm.
- Watch a Bollywood movie at Rajmandir.
- Distance from Delhi to Jaipur: 281 km
- Traveling time: 5 hours 13 min
- Best Time to visit Jaipur: Early November to February
Top Selling Jaipur Tour Packages
2 Nights / 3 daysDelhi Agra Jaipur Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysSpecial Holi Tour Package
6 Nights / 7 daysJewels of Rajasthan Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
Nainital – Home to the Naini Lake
Perched at an altitude of 1938 m above the sea level, Nainital is named after the very popular Naini Lake. Reckoned as one of the most popular hill stations of Uttarakhand, the place exhibits sublime beauty. Visited by family vacationers and honeymooners in huge numbers, the hill town has been blessed with natural wonders. Obviously, Nainital is an ideal destination for a weekend vacation in India amidst the tranquil ambiance.
Also known as Lake Paradise, Nainital has a number of tourist attractions. Book your evening for a leisure walk at the Mall road. Additionally, aerial ropeway connecting Mallital and Snow Point should also be tried. Enjoy trekking or rock climbing here and shop for some great stuff at the Tibetan market. In addition, do not miss the sunset at Hanuman Garhi.
Places to visit in Nainital during a weekend getaway
- Naina Peak – the peak offers mind-blowing views of the entire valley
- Naina Devi temple – one of the 51 Shakti peeths of the Goddess Sati
- The Flatts playground – a hub for recreational activities
- Govind Ballabh Pant Zoo – a top tourist attraction for wildlife enthusiasts
- John’s Church – the church was built to commemorate landslide victims
- Raj Bhawan Governor House – a British era building, currently serving as the dwelling place of the Governor of Uttarakhand
- Tiffin top viewpoint – awe-inspiring views of Nainital can be enjoyed from this point
Things to do in Nainital
- Savor amazing views of the nearby hills from Land’s End.
- Enjoy at the Eco Cave Garden.
- Dine at Chandani Chowk – a restaurant in the hill town.
- Get insights into rock climbing.
- Distance from Delhi to Nainital: 334.3 km
- Traveling time: 6 hours 50 min
- Best Time to visit Nainital: Throughout the year
- Complete details on How to reach Nainital
Top Selling Nainital Packages
3 Nights / 4 daysCorbett Nainital Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysJim Corbett with Nainital Tour
5 Nights / 6 daysNainital Honeymoon package
4 Nights / 5 days
Mussoorie – Charming hill station in Uttarakhand
One of the most romantic weekend getaways in Uttarakhand, Mussoorie is a scenic hill station with stunning landscapes, lakes, and mountains. Sightseeing, parasailing, and cable car journey, etc. are what you can do during a romantic honeymoon tour in Mussoorie.
- Distance from Delhi to Mussoorie: 300 Kms
- Traveling time: 7 hours
- Best Time to Visit Mussoorie: Throughout the year
Best Tour Packages to visit near Delhi
3 Nights / 4 daysShimla Calling Tour
4 Nights / 5 daysDelhi Agra Jaipur Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysDelhi Agra Tour Package
3 Nights / 4 days
Kasauli – a scenic hill station in Uttarakhand
Founded by the British in the year 1842 as a Colonial hill station, Kasauli is blessed with abundant lush greenery, natural beauty, lovely weather and tranquility. The quaint hill town is just 77 km from Shimla. Of course, an ideal weekend destination from Delhi, Kasauli is pretty rich in flora and fauna. If you wish to treat your eyes to the mesmerizing views of the surroundings then Monkey Point is the best place for you.
In the evening, you can enjoy a leisure walk at the Mall and indulge in shopping for interesting knick-knacks. Moreover, Kasauli is a superb hill station near Delhi to enjoy a peaceful and laid-back vacation, away from the hustle-bustle of city life. For memorable sunset views, do visit the Sunset point. Additionally, camping, trekking and nature walks can also be done here.
Places to visit in Kasauli during a weekend getaway
- Gurudwara Shri Guru Nanak Ji – a historical shrine visited by many ardent followers of Guru Nanak Devi Ji
- Christ Church – constructed in 1853, the church is a famous tourist spot
- Kasauli Brewery – predating the town, the Kasauli brewery is known for freshly brewed Indian pale ale and malt whiskeys
- Lower Mall Road – the starting point of the amazing trekking experience
- Gilbert Trail – an amazing trail to explore nature at its best
Unusual things to do in Kasauli
- Enjoy a Toy Train ride from Dharampur to Barog.
- Shopping at the Kasauli Tibetan Market.
- Taste Tibetan Food.
- Go sightseeing in the churches.
- Distance from Delhi: 287.9 km
- Traveling time: 5 hours 43 min
- Best Time to visit Kasauli: Throughout the year
Must Read: Top Most Hill Station near Delhi
Jim Corbett National Park – The oldest National Park in India
When it comes to top weekend getaways from Delhi, Corbett finds its place right on the top. The oldest and one of the best national parks in India, Jim Corbett is home to a vast variety of flora and fauna. As a matter of fact, the national park was founded way back in the year 1936. It is one of the few wildlife reserves in the country where a decent number of big cats- the Bengal tigers reside.
Wildlife safaris in the Jim Corbett National Park are offered twice a day – in the morning and in the afternoon. However, the timing varies in the summer and winter months. Pick your favorite from Jeep Safari and Elephant Safari. Spot animals like elephants, spotted deer, golden jackal, etc. The reserve is also a paradise for bird watching enthusiasts. There are as many as 650 species of resident and migratory birds. Explore Jim Corbett National Park with these customized packages.
Places to visit in Corbett National Park
- Dhikala Zone – the area with bountiful wildlife species
- Jhirna Zone – exuding an ethereal charm the place is perfect to witness the bears
- Durga Devi Zone – a region with an abundance of species of avifauna
- Birjani Zone – a paradise for animal lovers
- Sitabani Buffer Zone – an area with sheer tranquility
- Dhela Safari Zone – a region offering undulated views of the wildlife and nature
Unusual things to do in Jim Corbett National Park
- Indulge in nature walks.
- Although small yet enchanting, the Corbett Waterfalls are worth exploring.
- Worship at the Garjiya Temple.
- Distance from Delhi to Jim Corbett: 279 km
- Traveling time: 6 hours 4 min
- Best Time to visit Jim Corbett National Park: The Jhirna and Sonanadi zones can be visited throughout the year. However, Dhikala and Durga Devi Zone remain open from mod-November to mid-June. The Birjani Zone can be visited from October to June.
Best wildlife tour packages to visit near Delhi
3 Nights / 4 daysRanthambore Tour
2 Nights / 3 daysGolden Triangle with Bharatpur Tour
4 Nights / 5 daysCorbett Wildlife Safari
4 Nights / 5 days
Auli- Ski paradise of India
This is the best place for long weekend getaways from Delhi. This scenic hill station in Uttarakhand is a romantic honeymoon place for the newly-weds. Stunning natural views and ski resorts are the prime attraction during a tour to Auli.
- Distance from Delhi to Auli: 375Kms
- Traveling time: 9 hours 50 min
- Best Time to visit Auli: Throughout the Year
Top Selling Auli Tour Packages
3 Nights / 4 daysAuli Tour Package from Delhi
5 Nights / 6 daysAuli Skiing Tour
7 Nights / 8 daysRishikesh With Auli Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
Mathura and Vrindavan – Birthplace and childhood abode of Lord Krishna
The twin cities, Mathura and Vrindavan are among the most popular religious sites in India. Mathura is the birthplace of Lord Krishna whereas he spent his childhood in Vrindavan. Therefore, the towns are flocked by devotees of the Lord in huge numbers throughout the year. It is an ideal weekend getaway from Delhi within 200 Kms to spend peaceful vacations in serenity. Boasting of 3000 years old civilization and culture, Mathura and Vrindavan speak volumes about Goddess Radha and Lord Krishna.
The popular tourist places near Delhi bustle with spiritual activities during the festivals of Holi and Janmashtami. Thus, March is the best time to visit Mathura and Vrindavan. Also, do not forget to buy Peda (a sugary delight). Evoke your devotion towards Lord Krishna and Goddess Radha. Experience spiritual enlightenment at many big and small temples in the town.
Places to visit in Mathura and Vrindavan during a weekend getaway
- Shri Krishna Janmabhoomi Mandir – the birthplace of Lord Krishna
- Kusum Sarovar – a scenic reservoir amid the palatial sandstone historic architecture
- Radha Kund – a small town which is considered holiest by the Vaishnav Hindus
- Kans Quila – a historic fortress dedicated to Kans, maternal uncle of the Lord
- Mathura Museum – houses a collection of paintings, coins, sculptures and ancient relics
- Barsana – where Lady Radha was born
- Krishna Balram Mandir – one of the main ISKCON temples in the world
- Geeta Mandir – a temple with inscriptions of the holy book
- Prem Mandir – beautifully built temples made up of white marble
Unusual things to do in Mathura & Vrindavan
- Attend Holi in Mathura, Vrindavan and Barsana.
- Cicumbulate around the Govardhan Hill.
- Get completely involved in the devotion towards Lord Krishna at the ISKCON Temple.
- Explore various ghats.
Distance from Delhi to Mathura: 183 km
Traveling time: 3 hours 3 min
Best Time to visit Mathura and Vrindavan: October to March
Best Selling Pilgrimage Tour Packages
2 Nights / 3 daysChardham Helicopter Package 2020
1 Nights / 2 daysAmarnath Yatra by Helicopter
3 Nights / 4 daysDo Dham Yatra by Helicopter
0 Nights / 1 days
Ranthambore in Rajasthan is one of the best weekend getaways near Delhi. Take a tiger safari in the Ranthambore National Park, explore the arts and crafts in the local villages and visit nearby forts with family and friends during a tour to Ranthambore.
- Distance from Delhi to Ranthambore: 398 Kms
- Traveling time: 8 hours 10 min
- Best Time to visit Ranthambore: October to March
Best weekend getaway packages near Delhi Within 100kms – 200kms
3 Nights / 4 daysMathura Vrindavan Tour Package
2 Nights / 3 daysDelhi Agra Jaipur Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysGolden Triangle India Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
Bharatpur- Paradise for bird sanctuaries in Rajasthan
A popular family weekend getaways near Delhi, Bharatpur is famous for the Keoladeo National Park. Formerly known as the Bharatpur Bird Sanctuary in Rajasthan, it is a preferred place for photography, bird watching, and family tour near Delhi. Explore the Bharatpur bird sanctuary with these customized packages.
- Distance from Delhi to Bharatpur: 225Kms
- Traveling time: 4 hours 20 min
- Best Time to Visit Bharatpur: October to March
Lansdowne – a picturesque hill town with pristine beauty
An awe-inspiring hill station of Uttarakhand, Lansdowne is a destination that hasn’t seen much of tourist footfall. For this reason, the destination exudes unspoiled scenic beauty. Once the summer hill resort of the British, the charismatic hill town in close proximity to Delhi is ideal for a weekend getaway because of its tranquil environment and salubrious weather. Located at an altitude of 1700 m above the sea level, the hill town is bounded by thick pine and oak jungles. Less-crowded and peaceful, the place is for them who are looking for laid-back and relaxed holidays in India.
Trekking, bird watching at Kalagarh Wildlife Sanctuary as well as boating are the popular activities. You can also climb up to the Tip N Top to enjoy nice views of the panorama. Don’t forget to capture the moments in your camera for unforgettable memories.
Places to visit in Lansdowne during a weekend getaway
- Darban Singh Regimental Museum – nicely adorned, two-storeyed historical defense museum
- Garhwali Mess – the oldest building in Lansdowne
- the Garhwal Rifles Regimental War Memorial – a war memorial established on 11th November 1923
- Mary’s Church – an Anglican church at the Tip N Top hill point
- John’s Church – a Catholic Church, built in 1936
- Bhim Pakora – two big stones well-balanced one above the other
- Tarkeshwar Mahadev Temple – a holy abode of Lord Shiva
Unusual things to do in Lansdowne
- Go for a boat ride at Bhulla Lake.
- Witness picturesque views from Snow Viewpoint as well as Hawaghar.
- Spot various migratory birds.
- Take some life-like pictures of the imposing Himalayas coupled with stunning vistas.
- Distance from Delhi: 287.2 km
- Traveling time: 6 hours 30 min
- Best Time to visit Lansdowne: Throughout the year except for monsoon
Best India Tour Packages to visit near Delhi
3 Nights / 4 daysJewels of Rajasthan Tour
5 Nights / 6 daysMagnificent Shimla Manali Tour
5 Nights / 6 daysJim Corbett with Nainital Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
McLeod Ganj – The ‘Little Lhasa’
Also known as the ‘Little Lhasa’ owing to its huge Tibetan population, McLeod Ganj is the seat of His Holiness, the 14th Dalai Lama. Named after Donald McLeod, the then Lieutenant-Governor of Punjab, this lovely place is now center of Tibetan culture and Buddhism. If you are looking for a relaxed destination to have a peaceful vacation, then this is the place to be. Every year, many international travelers visit the hill town to practice yoga or meditation, pursue courses in Buddhism and for trekking as well. Furthermore, holidaymakers find the destination as one of the best tourist places near Delhi within 500Kms.
When in this lovely hill town, do not forget to shop for Tibetan carpets, Thangka paintings, woolens, Tibetan handicrafts and other souvenirs. The mesmerizing landscape, verdant environment and several monasteries make the place quite interesting. Striking backdrops, thrilling adventure activities and vibrant cafes serving authentic Tibetan food make McLeod Ganj favorite weekend escape from Delhi.
Places to visit in McLeod Ganj during a weekend getaway
- Namgyal monastery – an ideal place to attain peace
- Tibetan Museum – a museum which preserves a collection of brilliant forms of Tibetan Art
- Tsuglagkhang – residing place of the Dalai Lama
- Bhagsu Falls – a picnic spot and a significant place of pilgrimage
- Dal Lake – a small yet picturesque lake which derived its name from the Dal Lake in Srinagar
- John in the wilderness church – dating back to 1852, the church is dedicated to John the Baptist
- Norbulingka Institute – the institute working for the preservation of the Tibetan culture
Unusual things to do in McLeod Ganj
- Hike up to Triund.
- Offer prayers at the Bhagsunag temple.
- Delight in Stargazing.
- Bask in serenity at the Kora Circuit.
- Distance from Delhi: 477.6 km
- Traveling time: 9 hours 22 min
- Best Time to visit McLeod Ganj: Throughout the year
Top Selling Himachal Pradesh Tour Packages
3 Nights / 4 daysShimla Short Escape
2 Nights / 3 daysSplendid Dalhousie Khajjiar Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysMagnificent Shimla Manali Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
Chail – a summer resort of the then Maharaja of Patiala
One of the best weekend getaways from Delhi, Chail is a serene hill town of Himachal Pradesh, which lies at an altitude of 2250 m above the sea level. Bhupinder Singh, Maharaja of Patiala, chose Chail as his summer resort when he was expelled from Shimla during the British Raj. Therefore, he ensured that Chail matches Shimla in every way. In addition to salubrious weather, lush green surroundings, thick deodar trees and peaceful ambiance make this place even more interesting.
A day trip to Kufri, one of the popular hill stations near Delhi can also be planned. Chail along with Shimla and Kufri makes for the Golden Triangle Tour of Himachal Pradesh. Enjoy trekking, hiking, nature walk, angling and horse riding here. Moreover, holidaying in Chail will be absolutely refreshing experience away from the chaos of city life. People in search of a perfect place to avoid the scorching heat can find the desired respite here.
Places to visit in Chail during a weekend getaway
- Chail Palace – a palace with an architecture that will leave you astounded
- Maa Kali Temple – a holy shrine and a great trekking spot
- Sidh Baba Ka Mandir – a pious place dedicated to a holy soul
- Sadhupul Lake – an ideal place to hangout
- Gurudwara Sahib in Pandhawa – a Gurudwara that resembles a church
- Chail Wildlife Sanctuary – a haven for bird watchers and nature lovers
Unusual things to do in Chail
- Rejoice in horse riding.
- Play cricket at Chail Cricket ground, the highest ground in the world.
- Extend your trip to the Himalayan Nature Park.
- Hang out at Sadhupul Lake.
- Distance from Delhi to Chail: 336.2 km
- Traveling time: 7 hours 11 min
- Best Time to visit Chail: Throughout the year
Rishikesh – The ‘Yoga Capital of the World’
A small hill town in Uttarakhand state, Rishikesh is known to be the ‘Yoga Capital of the World’. A haven for adventure enthusiasts, Rishikesh is especially famous for River Rafting and Bungee Jumping. The place came up on the world map when it was visited by the Beatles. Spirituality, natural goodness and adventure, a weekend getaway to the serene town would be a mix of all these and more. Located in the Himalayan foothills, besides the holy Ganga River, Rishikesh boasts of several ashrams. In fact, staying at these ashrams teaches us to lead a simple and fulfilling life, away from all unnecessary comforts.
If you are looking for some adventure, you can enjoy trekking, river rafting, cliff-hanging, kayaking, rappelling and camping. Another key point to note about the place is that the very popular Chota Chardham Yatra begins from here. The extraordinary sight of the evening Ganga Aarti is beyond description.
Places to visit in Rishikesh during a weekend getaway
- Swarg Ashram – an epicenter of all meditation and yoga center in Rishikesh
- Ram Jhula – a suspension bridge over River Ganges
- Lakshman Jhula – iron suspension bridge over the holy river
- Parmarth Niketan – an ashram which offers courses in Ayurveda, Yoga and Meditation
- Triveni Ghat – a spiritual site on the banks of river Ganga
- Beatles Ashram – place where the popular band stayed in the ‘60s
- Neelkanth Mahadev Temple – it is believed that Lord Shiva consumed poison here
Unusual things to do in Rishikesh
- Go for Air Safari
- Savor local cuisines at the famous Chotiwala Restaurant.
- Try your hands at the Flying Fox.
- Get ready for waterfall trekking challenge.
- Try your hands at the Giant Swing.
- Distance from Delhi to Rishikesh: 267.7 km
- Traveling time: 5 hours 33 min
- Best Time to visit Rishikesh: Late September – first week of May
Adventure Packages Near Delhi
2 Nights / 3 daysBir Billing Paragliding Tour
1 Nights / 2 daysBhrigu Lake Trek Group Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysAlaknanda Rafting Expedition
5 Nights / 6 days
Mukteshwar – a haven for adventure enthusiasts
Lying at an elevation of 2285 m above the sea level, Mukteshwar is one of the top weekend getaways from Delhi. Encircled by coniferous forests and fruits orchards, the place is named after the 350-year old Mukteshwar Dham that is dedicated to Lord Shiva. The sacred place of worship lies at a high altitude and offers enchanting views.
In your search for a peaceful vacation destination, the lovely hill town perfectly fits in. Blessed with mesmerizing scenery, green ambiance and pleasant weather, Mukteshwar can be explored during any time of the year. Chauthi ki Jali is worth visiting for its beauty while Sonapani gives better knowledge about the Kumaoni culture. In addition, do not miss to pay homage at Ghorakhal. For adventure enthusiasts, there are several options such as trekking, nature walks, rock climbing, and rappelling. Moreover, do not forget to buy fresh fruits, jams and special hand-woven woolens.
Places to visit in Mukteshwar during a weekend getaway
- Chauli Jaali – a spot where a Goddess fought with a demon
- Sitla – a picturesque hill station famous for colonial style bungalows
- Mukteshwar Inspection Bungalow – ideal place to enjoy superb sunrise views
- Bhalu Gaad Waterfalls – the enchanting waterfalls that can be reached after trekking
- Choco-House Chocolatiers – the only shop in the area which sells hand made center filled European chocolates
Unusual things to do in Mukteshwar
- Cherish striking views of the Nanda Devi Peak.
- Enjoy perfect escape with trekking and camping.
- Have a bird’s eye view of the surroundings while paragliding.
- Soak in the divine aura at the Mukteshwar Mahadev Temple.
- Distance from Delhi: 380.8 km
- Traveling time: 8 hours 26 min
- Best Time to visit Mukteshwar: Anytime of the year
Best weekend getaway packages near Delhi
4 Nights / 5 daysDelhi Manali Volvo Tour
3 Nights / 4 daysNainital Tour Package
3 Nights / 4 days5 Days Trip to Uttarakhand
4 Nights / 5 days
Ranikhet – The ‘Queen’s Meadow’
Ranikhet enjoys bountiful of natural beauty. Situated at a height of 1829m above sea level, the hill station is a perfect weekend escape from Delhi especially to avoid the scorching heat. As per folklore, Queen Padmini was so much fascinated towards Ranikhet that King Sukhdev had to build a palace in order to impress her. After all, the destination has something for everyone to offer an amazing holiday experience in India.
Moreover, the place is bestowed with exotic wildlife, delicate species of flora, cool mountain breeze, lush green forests and everything else that can pacify the weary souls. Above all, the views of the Himalayas are matchless. Wake up to the chirpings of the birds, enjoy the comfortable ambiance and bask-in the salubrious weather. Ranikhet has all these to offer, in fact, much more! Translating into ‘Queen’s Meadow’, the hill town was formerly a summer retreat for the British.
Places to visit in Ranikhet during a weekend getaway
- Upat – a small town with 9 golf courses
- Chaubatia Gardens – consists of over 200 varieties of flowers and fruits
- Ram Mandir – a temple over a hill and also consisting of a monastery
- Jhula Devi Temple – a temple visited by huge number of devotees
- Majkhali – perfect place to marvel at the Sonya peak
- Haidakhan Temple – a temple with tall statue of Lord Hanuman
- Dunagiri Temple – a pious place dedicated to Goddess Durga
Unusual things to do in Ranikhet
- Fall in love with the emerald beauty of Bhalu Dam.
- Explore Kalika.
- Enjoy a picnic with family at the jungle-themed Ashiyana Park.
- Pay a visit to Manila.
- Distance from Delhi to Ranikhet: 390.2 km
- Traveling time: 8 hours 46 min
- Best Time to visit Ranikhet: Throughout the year
Top Selling Hill Stations Packages
3 Nights / 4 days5 Days Trip to Uttarakhand
4 Nights / 5 daysShimla Short Escape
2 Nights / 3 daysJim Corbett with Nainital Tour
5 Nights / 6 days
Manesar – Home to the best western resorts
One of the best places to visit near Delhi within 100 Km, Manesar is a popular weekend getaway from Delhi. Damdama Lake, Kingdom of Dreams and Mata Sheetla Devi Temple are some places you can visit during a family vacation in Manesar.
- Distance from Delhi to Manesar: 56 Kms
- Traveling time: 1 hour 40 min
- Best Time to visit Manesar: October to April
Neemrana – a perfect amalgamation of the old and the new
An ancient historical town in Alwar, Rajasthan, Neemrana is a laid-back and rustic destination. For this reason, the place offers a peaceful holiday for the weekend. In fact, Siliserh Lake would be a great visit. You can also go for a wildlife safari at Sariska National Park located nearby.
Distance from Delhi to Neemrana: 128 km
Traveling time: 2 hours 50 min
Best Time to visit Neemrana: October to July
Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary – Adobe of Wild Animals
The Sariska Wildlife Sanctuary, located in Alwar district of Rajasthan is a famous and among the much-loved tourist places to visit near Delhi. If you are a nature lover, this destination commands your visit. You can observe the beauty of wildlife closely here. Sariska wildlife sanctuary is home to tigers, leopards, sambhar, jungle cats, hyenas, deer, chinkaras, chausinghas, antelopes, wild boars, bison, nilgai, mongoose, and porcupine. It is renowned for its tiger population and reserve project. The sanctuary is spread across an area of about 766 square kilometers, surrounded by rugged hills and deep valleys. This spot is amazing to enjoy a great weekend with family and friends.
Distance from Delhi: 165 Km
Places to Visit: Garh-Rajor Temple, Kankwari Fort, Siliserh Lake, JaiSamand Lake
Things to Do: jeep Safari, Canter Safari, Crocodile Spotting, Wildlife photography
Amritsar – Admire the beauty of Golden Temple
Amritsar is the largest and most prominent city in Punjab. It is known as the center of Sikhism and the site of worship for not only the Sikhs but for the followers of every religion. Amritsar is famous for its Golden Temple also known as the Harmandir Sahib. Along with its major commercial and transportation center, it also has many tourist attractions that pull a large number of travelers from different parts of the planet. It is one of the best places near Delhi for a weekend. When you are in Amritsar, do not forget to taste Amritsari lassi and kulchas. Amritsar is also a paradise for shopaholics and buying a phulkari dupatta and suit are recommended.
Distance from Delhi: 449 Km
Things to Do: Sightseeing, Shopping, Photography
Pushkar – Seek Blessings at the Brahma Temple
Pushkar is known for its great history and culture, and is one of the oldest cities in India. It attracts a huge number of travelers from all around the world. The city holds immense religious significance as it has a temple dedicated to Lord Brahma, one of the rarest temples in the world. The temple is among the most tranquil places to see in Pushkar. Pushkar is located in Ajmer district, Rajasthan and it is a popular weekend getaway near Delhi for family. Pushkar is also renowned for Pushkar Fair, which takes place in December every year. It is also a refreshing halt between Jaipur and Jodhpur for solo travelers and backpackers. Additionally, you can enjoy several adventure activities such as the famous camel ride. Go shopping for loved ones and savor delicious local delicacies before heading back to Delhi.
Distance from Delhi: 417 Km
Places to Visit: Pushkar Lake, Mahadeva Temple, Birthplace Of Meera Bai, Kishangarh, Man Mahal, Varaha Temple, Gurudwara Sahib Pushkar, Pushkar Bazaar, Rose Garden
Things to Do: Sightseeing, Shopping, Photography, Camel Ride